eleven

Stronger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third person

Yoojin reminded herself to Jimin to accompany him at their dad’s restaurant.

It has been a while now since he didn’t watch him working. When they were 5, their mom would love to bring them to their dad’s workshop. They would play with the tools and Jimin would spread some oil onto Yoojin’s face when she was sleeping. She remembered every detail and also Jimin reaction when she forced him to give her a piggyback ride home.

Yoojin looked herself on the mirror.

You look beautiful. She smiled when her late dad’s voice, echoing on her mind. But now everything was completely different. Her mom was married to a businessman who exactly busy all the time and have a son who hates her for entering his life. Yoojin tried not to let the tears fell but remembering how sweet her past were made her cried.

She looked again at the mirror.

I love you.

She wiped her tears off, shaking her head and plastered a smile on her face. She got ready for school. She wore her socks and went down with her school backpack on her back. She held the strap firmly and found Jimin was still oblivious with his game on the tablet. She flopped herself down next to him and snatched away his tablet.

“What the heck?!”

Yoojin moved her index finger from side to side like a 'no' gesture and closed the game off. Jimin snorted but he noticed something different on her eyes. They were a little bit puffy. He took a glance at her who was fixing her hair into a ponytail.

He felt bad for her because those past were really giving her a huge effect for her.

The image of her crying when they received the news that their dad died in a car tragedy was playing in his mind like a film. It was worst back then. She just hid herself in her room, locking the door and not dare to go outside. It made him scared when she had to admit to the hospital due to the energy loss in her body. Even Mrs Park was worried about her daughter’s condition. She kept wondering around the hospital hallway waiting for Yoojin to awake from the coma and Jimin would be there to accompany his mother and assured her that everything would be fine.

Jimin approached her and helped her tying the hairband on her hair. Yoojin stared at the mirror, looking at Jimin who already tying her hair.

“Jim?” She asked looking at him in the mirror. He smiled and escorted her to the dining table and even helped her spreading the strawberry jam on a piece of bread then passed it to her. Yoojin stared at him, dumbfounded because Jimin never treated him this nice without any particular reason.

“I told you I promise I’ll help you work.” She said, taking a bite of her bread. He just sat there pouring some milk into his glass.

“Okay, spill it Jimin.” Yoojin felt that nice Jimin was really curious.

“Nothing.”

Chanyeol walked down to the dining table then took a piece of bread that was in front of Yoojin arms and left. Jimin kept on munching his bread, taking some glances at her.

Chanyeol never like her as a sister and he also treated Yoojin like a stranger who was just living in his house. He hated the fact that he had to share all his belonging to them who were completely a stranger to him. Two years were in peace without any disturbs then came along this twin, staying with him and even went to the same school with him. Chanyeol at first had a rough time handling this kind of situation. He didn’t anyone to know that this twin is related to him.

“Never said Hi to me or wave or whatever it is, to me.” He warned to them when they met at the airport.

When his dad announced that he will get married, Chanyeol was the first one to object his father decision. For him it was too soon after his mother died and it made him angry at his dad’s action on taking his mom’s gone lightly. He never talked to his dad until about three weeks which almost a month because he really can’t accept the truth that his dad will be married to a single mom with a twin.

After a year his dad married to his ‘mother’, he never acted like a cheerful kid when his mom was still here. He just stayed with himself in his room, spending playing video games or strumming the guitar and listening to music. He was too mad at his dad and now he had to face this twin in his life as his siblings. Even until now, he never acted the same as before but to cover that at school, he was just using his fake smile to let the others know that he’s okay but apparently not.

He left to school leaving them back in the house. He had nothing to say to them as they were just a pair of stranger to him.

Back in the house, Jimin was getting ready with his tie and buttoned his blazer. On the other hand, Yoojin carried her back on her back then shouting for Jimin to hurry up.

“I told you not to play the game and now we’re late.”

“Shut up, missy.” He entered his feet into his shoes while his mouth full with a bar chocolate. To be honest, he loves when Yoojin nagged at him. She sounded very like Mrs Park when she is mad and to be exact, this boy was missing his mummy.

Yoojin locked the door before running at Jimin who was already half away to school. She could feel the cool breeze on her face when she was running. Even it was autumn right now, she didn’t get cold immediately. She was once told by her grandma that her blood is warmer like her dad.

“Yah! Jimin-ah!” She yelled and luckily he turned to her who was running, ear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter