Mission

Fatal Affections

 

The sky was bright and the sun was shining brightly as though the thunderstorm last night had never happened. Jaejoong stepped into the office, yawning and made a beeline for his cubicle. He glanced next to his cubicle and saw Changmin staring into space. “Changmin! Good morning!” he greeted loudly.

Changmin did not budge. Jaejoong stared at him. He stood up and went nearer to Changmin. “Changmin!” he shouted.

Changmin was startled by his shout and jumped. He turned his head towards the source of the shout in reflex action and his lips were smacked locked with Jaejoong’s own lips. At that point of time, Yunho walked in and saw the scene. He looked disgusted. “I didn’t know that the two of you are in that kind of relationship,” he commented and eyed them.

Both Jaejoong and Changmin pulled away instantly and were rubbing their lips furiously. They sped to the gents in order to wash their lips. “Urghh, of all people that I have to kiss, I have to kiss you!” Changmin exclaimed unhappily.

Jaejoong glared at him. “It’s not my fault. And you took my first kiss!,” he said angrily.

“Not your fault? You startled me! Wait, your first kiss? Don’t you have any girlfriends before, hyung? I thought you are popular,” Changmin asked, amused.

“You!” Jaejoong wanted to answere back but Yunho intervened.

“Stop it. Jaejoong, the director wants to see you. Go now,” Yunho instructed.

“Yes, sir,” Jaejoong replied and glared at Changmin before stalking off to the director’s office.

Jaejoong stepped into the director’s office. “Ahh, Jaejoong-shi, come in and sit down,” the director smiled at him.

Jaejoong nodded and sat down, “Thank you, sir.”

The director gave him a brown file. Jaejoong took it and opened the file. “We found out that the right-hand man of the mafia, Go Daehui, enrolled his only son, Go Minam, age 4, in Sunshine Preschool Centre,” the director informed him.

“Sunshine Preschool Centre?” Jaejoong repeated the name of the preschool. 

He felt that the name of the preschool sounded very familiar. “This is the teacher who is in-charge of Go Minam,” the director slid a picture towards Jaejoong.

Jaejoong took the picture and gasped. It was none other than his arch enemy, Jung Linda. “This… This.. This is Yunho’s sister!” Jaejoong exclaimed, stuttering his words in surprise.

The director chuckled at his reaction. “Ahh… I see that you know her. Then, it should not be a problem,” the director said.

“My best friend, Micky Yoochun, is also one of the teachers there,” he said.

The director’s smile grew wide. “That’s great! Then you are perfect for this mission since the two of them are familiar with you,” he said.

“Mission? What mission?” Jaejoong asked.

“Starting from the start of next month, you are to work undercover as a preschool teacher at Sunshine Preschool Centre to monitor Go Daehui’s movements. Your two friends will be briefly informed on this mission, only to help you fit into the preschool but they are not directly involved in the case itself,” the director informed him.

“What? Why me? Yunho is more perfect for this role. His sister is the teacher in-charge of that boy,” Jaejoong disagreed.

“Yunho and Changmin are given a different set of mission to do. Besides, Yunho has a sister complex. He will not carry out this mission as well as you,” the director explained.

Jaejoong frowned. “But,” he voiced out.

The director glared at him. “No buts. You are to carry out this mission for the next three months, understand?” he said, sternly.

Jaejoong closed his mouth and nodded. “I understand, sir,” he said finally.

“You may go,” the director dismissed him.

Jaejoong trudged to his cubicle with heavy steps. “How much bad luck can I get?” he grumbled to himself as he plopped himself on his chair.

Yunho and Changmin looked over his cubicle. “So, what is your mission this time? Are you coming with us to Ilsan?” Yunho asked.

Jaejoong glared at them. “I wish! But I have to work undercover as a preschool teacher instead,” Jaejoong grumbled.

“Preschool teachers? Hahaha… Who knows maybe you can hook up with of the teachers there,” Changmin laughed.

“Preschool centre? Which one?” Yunho asked.

“Sunshine Preschool Centre,” Jaejoong answered.

“Eh? My sister worked there! Why didn’t they let me take this mission instead? Come, let’s talk to the director and request for a change,” Yunho said, dragging Jaejoong along

The director looked up at them. “No,” he said after listening to Yunho’s request.

“Yunho, you are more suited for your mission and besides, you will be a hindrance to the mission if you were to change with Jaejoong. My answer is no and it’s final,” the director said.

Changmin watched his two hyungs walking into the office dejectedly in amusement.