Before the Wedding II

Fatal Affections

 

“Where are we going?” Changmin asked.

“To Linda’s best friend’s wedding. It’s held at the groom’s family mansion in Ilsan. Since we are here, we shall drop by and see for awhile. Linda is the bridesmaid. I can’t wait to see how she looked as a bridesmaid,” Yunho said, excitedly.

“Linda’s best friend? You mean Norah?” Changmin asked.

Yunho nodded. “Yes, you know her?” Yunho asked.

“Yes, I do. She’s our HR manager,” Changmin said, trying his best to stay calm.

Yunho grinned. “Yup, we shall attend the wedding for awhile and give the newlyweds our blessings. Then we shall proceed with our work,” Yunho said, not knowing the truth about Changmin and Norah’s relationship.

Changmin opened his mouth to protest but decided against it because he did not want to tell the whole story to Yunho as it still hurt him a lot. Changmin looked out of the window, having mix feelings about attending the wedding.

Meanwhile, Micky glared at the couple who was lying on the floor. He quickly pulled Linda up and pulled her away from Jaejoong. “Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?” Micky asked, concerned.

Linda blushed heavily. “Ahh… Micky, I am fine. Don’t worry. Jaejoong, thank you,” Linda turned to Jaejoong who was also blushing and turned away in response.

Micky frowned unhappily, jealous about that accidental kiss. He pulled her further into the room, as far from Jaejoong as possible. “Micky, you looked handsome today,” Linda smiled at him.

Micky grinned. “Ah, you mean I am not handsome on other days?” he .

Linda slapped his arm. “Micky Yoochun! You are terrible. How does it feel like to get married?” Linda asked.

Micky frowned. “Linda, you know that this is an arranged and a contract marriage right? I do not feel excited at all. I feel like running away from here,” Micky confessed.

Linda smiled gently at him.  “But, you must treat Norah right, ok? She is my best friend and she is going to be your lawfully wedded wife. I don’t want to see or hear that you are going to treat her badly,” Linda warned him.

Micky smiled and patted her head. “Of course, I will treat her right. She is just as innocent as me, getting involved in a loveless marriage,” he said.

Linda hugged him, tightly. “Even though you are married, you can still hang out with me. I will be there for you,ok? You are one of my best friends,” Linda said.

Micky hugged her back. “Linda, there is something that I wanted to tell you,” he said, whispering into her ears.

“What is it?” Linda asked, pulling away from the hug but Micky hugged her back, tighter.

Micky breathed in deeply and buried his face in her hair, trying to calm himself by engraving her scent in his frazzled mind. He then lifted his face and half-whispered to her. “I love you, Linda. I have never realized it until this morning that you are the one that I am in love with. I found myself loving you ever since I can remember,” Micky confessed.

Linda stood there, shocked upon Micky’s sudden confession, unable to move or react. “You… You… love me? This is not one of your jokes, right? If this is a joke, you got me. I almost thought that you were serious,” Linda asked, laughing awkwardly.

Micky pulled away from the hug and stared into Linda’s eyes, his hands tightly gripping her shoulders. “Do I look like I am joking about it?” Micky asked, his voice hardened and his eyes serious.

Linda widened her eyes, speechless. Jaejoong who was nearby, overheard everything. He felt sad and helpless. He looked at his watch and realized that it was time for the ceremony.  “Sorry for the interruption but it’s time,” he announced.

Micky sighed. He let go of his hands from her shoulders and hung his head in forlorn. He took a deep breath and looked up to her again. He cupped her face with his hands. “Please wait for me,” Micky begged and leaned over to give her a soft, gentle kiss on the lips before leaving the room.

Linda watched Micky walked away, at a loss for words.  Jaejoong turned. “Linda, I think you have to return to Norah’s side now,” he said gently, snapping Linda from her confused state.

“Ah! Right!” she said and immediately ran off, brushing past Micky to get to Norah’s room.

Linda burst into Norah’s room, breathing heavily. “Linda, where have you been?” Norah asked, puzzled over Linda’s sudden appearance.

“Ahh… I went to see Micky for awhile,” Linda said, trying her best to smile.

“Is there anything wrong?” Norah asked, studying her best friend carefully.

Linda shook her head. “Everything is fine. How about you?” Linda asked.

Norah sighed. “I feel like escaping. Everything feels so wrong,” she said.

Linda squeezed Norah’s hands. “It’s only for awhile. Bear with it, ok?” Linda smiled, trying to reassure Norah.

Norah nodded, unsurely. Linda smiled, trying to forget what happened a few minutes ago. A knock was heard on the door and in came Norah’s dad. 

“Wow, you look very beautiful, my daughter.  Are you ready? It’s time,” he said, taking Norah’s hand and walking out of the room to the garden where the ceremony would be held.