Before the Wedding I

Fatal Affections

The day was bright and sunny. The sky was blue with patches of white clouds. It was a perfect day for a wedding. Everyone was happy however the main characters of the wedding were feeling anything but happy.

Micky was standing by the window, already dressed in his white Armani tuxedo, frowning deeply. Jaejoong was sitting across him, sipping his juice and watching Micky’s every move. Jaejoong put down his glass and folded his arms. “Why are you frowning so deeply on the morning of your wedding?” he asked.

Micky glared at him. “Of course, I am frowning! I am trying to tell myself that this is just a dream,” he answered.

“You really do not like this woman you are marrying, don’t you?” Jaejoong asked.

Micky turned away. “It’s not that I do not like her. I just do not have feelings for her. Besides, I feel terrible for splitting Norah and Changmin up,” he said.

“Changmin? As in Shim Changmin from my workplace?” Jaejoong asked.

Micky looked at him, amused by Jaejoong’s reaction. “You don’t know about it? Jaejoong, you can be very dense,” he chuckled.

Jaejoong frowned, “Well, you did not inform me. How am I supposed to know?”

Micky chuckled and looked out of the window. At that moment, he saw Linda running towards the garden where the ceremony will be held. He watched her run a few steps and then almost tripped over her own legs but she managed to balance herself. He watched as Linda took off her high heels and ran towards her destination barefooted. His face brightened while watching her. Jaejoong who was complaining about Micky not informing him, was surprised by Micky’s sudden change of behavior. “Micky, have you gone nuts? One minute you are upset like there is no tomorrow, the next minute, you are giggling away like some teenage girl,” he asked, walking towards Micky and looking out at the window.

Jaejoong saw Linda and frowned. “That uncouth girl,” he mumbled and turned to look at Micky.

Jaejoong realized that Micky had feelings for Linda at that moment. “Micky, don’t tell me that you love that uncouth woman,” Jaejoong asked.

Micky blinked and looked at Jaejoong in surprised. He stared hard at him and turned away. “So what if I am in love with her? It’s too late,” he said, quietly.

Jaejoong sighed and kept quiet, at a loss for words.

Meanwhile, Linda was in the garden, overseeing the decorations. When she was satisfied with the decorations, she walked back to the room where the bride, Norah was in the midst of dressing up. “Hey, you looked beautiful,” Linda smiled, walking over to her.

Norah smiled sadly. “Thank you. What happened to you?” Norah asked, amused at her best friend who was barefooted and her dress disarrayed.

“Ah… I was checking up on some last minute details,” she said.

“You better get dressed yourself. You are my important bridesmaid, afterall,” Norah said.

As soon as Linda got ready, the wedding planner called both the best man and bridesmaid to run through the whole program so that everyone would be clear about what would be happening later. Jaejoong was standing with the wedding planner, waiting for Linda. “Where is that uncouth woman? Wasting so much time. What did that Micky see in her anyway?” he grumbled.

“Ahh… this stupid heels. Why can’t I just wear slippers? And this dress is too short. I am going to get scolded by Yunho oppa,” he heard a familiar voice grumbling.

He turned and was mesmerized by what he saw. “Is there anything wrong?” a voice asked, snapping him back to reality.

Jaejoong blinked and was greeted by a puzzled face. “Ah, nothing. You looked beautiful,” he blurted out.

Linda was taken aback by his compliment and blushed. “Thank you. You look handsome yourself,” she smiled.

“Ahem. Umm, can we start the briefing now?” the wedding planner interrupted their sweet nothings conversation.

Linda and Jaejoong blushed and turned their attention to the wedding planner. After the briefing, the wedding planner left to do her stuff, leaving the Jaejoong and Linda behind. “I should get back to Micky,” Jaejoong broke the silence.

“Can I tag along? I want to talk to him before the wedding start,” she asked.

They were walking towards Micky’s room when suddenly a waiter who was rushing to the kitchen with some plates tripped and fell. Jaejoong instantly grabbed Linda and pulled her to him to get her out of the way. They stared at each other and Linda pulled away from him immediately. “Ah, thanks,” Linda bowed, face blushing.

Jaejoong nodded awkwardly and both proceed to the room. Just when they were reaching the room, another waitress, carrying a huge pile of tablecloth, was running at full speed towards Linda. Jaejoong, being quick, pulled her again and this time, he lost his balance and pulled Linda together with him. Both of them crashed into the room as the door was unlocked.

Micky who was playing with his phone was surprised by a loud sound. He stood up and was shocked by the sight that greeted him. Right in front of him, at the entrance of his room, was Jaejoong lying on the floor with Linda on top of him, with their lips smacked on each other. 

“What are you two doing?” Micky asked, controlling his emotions.