Dinner Date

Fatal Affections

“Norah!” Linda squealed as she saw Norah getting out of Micky’s car.

She ran over and hugged her tightly. “Lin…Linda… I can’t breathe,” Norah said, tapping her arm.

Linda let go of Norah, grinning sheepishly. “Sorry, I just missed you so much!” Linda exclaimed.

Norah chuckled happily at Linda’s childish antics. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Micky looking at Linda, longingly. “Aish, this man really is head over heels with Linda,” Norah thought, amused.

“Let’s go! I’m hungry!” Norah heard a voice shouting.

They turned and Norah saw Jaejoong looking at them, a scowl decorating his face. “Ah, yes. Let’s go in,” Norah said, pulling Linda’s hand.

In the café, Norah sat next to Micky with Jaejoong opposite her. Linda was sitting next to Jaejoong with Micky sitting opposite her. Norah purposely sat in this arrangement to help Micky. The waiter came over and gave each of them a menu before bowing and leaving them to choose their food.

“What shall I eat? All of them look delicious!” Linda asked, looking at Micky and Norah who were in front of her.

“What do you feel like eating?” Micky asked, smiling gently at her.

Jaejoong noticed the smile and did not like it one bit. Linda shrugged. “Hmm.. Micky, why don’t you choose a dish for her?” Norah asked, helping Micky to court Linda.

“Why must he choose for her?” Jaejoong asked, unhappily.

“Because the two of them know each other well and their taste buds are similar unlike me,” Norah answered him.

“Micky, choose a dish for me then,” Linda agreed to the idea.

Micky grinned. “You will not be disappointed with what I chose,” he said as he called for the waiter to take their orders.

A while later, the food arrived.”Wow! This salmon smells so wonderful!” Linda exclaimed.

Micky grinned. “You love salmon a lot. I remembered the time where you stuffed yourself with salmon sashimi and sushi when we were in Japan,” he said.

Linda laughed, turning red in embarrassment. “Ahh… don’t remind me of that incident. I cannot help it if the food there is delicious!” Linda bantered his remark.

“Oh? The two of you went to Japan together?” Norah asked.

“Yeah, it was just a short trip. I had an argument with Yunho oppa and kind of ran away from home so Micky brought me to Japan to escape,” Linda explained.

“Ah! That incident! I remembered how harsh Yunho were on us that particular day. We had training the whole day without a break and all of us were scolded for no reason,” Jaejoong exclaimed.

“Ah, sorry,” Linda apologized.

“Your brother never ceased to surprise me with his over protectiveness of you,” Norah remarked.

Linda rolled her eyes. “I don’t think I can get married without my future husband getting beaten up by Yunho oppa. Whoever wants to marry me must be crazy or looking for death,” Linda joked at her situation.

Norah glanced at Micky who was deep in thoughts. “How to get Micky and Linda alone?” she wandered and accidentally knocked over her orange juice over Jaejoong. 

“Ahh! I’m so sorry! I am such a klutz!” Norah exclaimed.

Jaejoong smiled and wiped his pants and shirt before excusing himself to the gents. As soon as he left, Norah turned to Micky. “Go. Go now. You wanted to talk to Linda alone, right? Go,” she said, pushing him gently.

“But, what about Jaejoong?” he asked.

“I will take care of him. “Go now before he comes back,” Norah urged him.

Micky gave Norah a grateful smile before grabbing Linda’s hand. Linda who looked confused and lost at the whole situation, just followed Micky’s lead. She turned back to see Norah and saw that Norah was just grinning at her.