Bond

Fatal Affections

Two shots were heard and then there was silence in the air. Everyone was looking at the entrance expectantly, poised for immediate action if any abnormality was detected. The next few seconds were like few decades for those waiting.

Suddenly, the door burst opened and out came three police officers, one hand holding a gun and the other tightly holding the criminals. “The coast is clear. There are some injured parties inside, medical assistant needed,” one of the police officers shouted.

In an instant, everyone that is present there went to work. The criminals were taken to custody and the injured ferried to the hospital. “Good work guys,” the same officer smiled to his men.

“Sir, you did a great job too,” another police officer patted him.

“Ahh… Lucky you were there, Jaejoong. If not, I would have been injured. Changmin, your precise aim save us all back there,” Yunho praised them. Yunho, Changmin and Jaejoong belonged to the police special forces. They are the team which is responsible for tackling cases involving kidnapping, hijacking and etc. Yunho is the squad leader of this team whereas Changmin and Jaejoong  are his right-hand men.

Changmin grinned. “Thank you.  Jaejoong hyung, be more alert next time or your pretty face will be gone,” Changmin .

“You brat!” Jaejoong exclaimed and smacked his arm.

“Ok,ok.. Cut it out. Let’s go back to the office and wrap this up. What is the time now?” Yunho asked.

“It’s almost 8pm, Sir,” Changmin answered.

“What? 8? Oh no, I’m going to be late,” Yunho said, panicking.

Yunho quickly shipped them off at the station and quickly do his report. While he was doing his report, his phone rang. “Hey, baby girl,” he greeted, his voice soft.

Jaejoong and Changmin overheard and looked at each other, rolling their eyes. “Linda, wait for me. I will come over to pick you up in a awhile. It’s dangerous for a girl like you to go home alone at night,” Yunho said over the phone.

“Sir, go off first. We can finish the report for you. It’s not nice to let your girlfriend wait,” Changmin said.

“She’s not my girlfriend! She is my little sister. It’s ok, Junsu is there with her with a couple of kids. I will finish this up and go,” Yunho said.

 

Meanwhile, Linda looked at her phone in despair. “Junsu! He treats me like a child! Urghh… I hate that. As much as I love him, my brother is so, so, so overprotective!” Linda complained to Junsu who was cleaning up the play room with Linda.

Junsu chuckled. “That shows that he loves you a lot. I will wait with you till he arrives,” he said.

Linda grinned. “Thank you, Junsu!” she hugged him and bounced off to continue cleaning the childcare centre.

Linda was wandering around the centre when she saw that the staff room lights were on. Linda popped in and saw Micky staring at his phone. “Yo, Micky. What are you still doing here?” she asked.

Micky looked up, startled by Linda. “Ah… I got this just now,” he said, showing her the text in the phone.

Linda took the phone and began to read. “Your grandfather just passed away.  What are you still doing here? Go now!” Linda pushed him out of the office.

“Junsu, help me get Micky into the car. He needs to go home now.  Micky, listen here. You are going to take a few days leave. Don’t worry about work. We will cover for you, ok?” Linda instructed him.

Micky looked at her and nodded. “Take care and drive safely, ok? We shall see you in a few days,” Linda said, smiling at him gently.

Micky wind up the car window and was about to start the engine when Linda knocked his car window. Micky wind down the window and looked at her, questioningly. “on second thoughts, get out of the driver seat. I will drive you there. Come on,” Linda said, opening the door.

“Eh, what?” he asked but was pushed to the passenger seat.

“Junsu, tell my brother that I will be home late. This is my handphone, hold it for me, ok?” Linda grinned and drove off before Junsu can say anything.

Junsu stared after the car. “Yunho is so going to kill me when he arrives,” Junsu muttered as he walked back to the office.