Chapter 24

Till My Heart Ache Ends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

            Jiyeon is just getting ready for her first day of work, she finally had a job after several interviews here and there and she was glad about getting a job sooner.

            “Unnie… Today is your first day to work, right?” Shannon asked as she helps Jiyeon prepares their breakfast.

            “Neh… How about you? How’s school? Are you adjusting just fine?” Jiyeon asked back to her cousin.

            “Neh… it’s good… it was awkward at first since they all been staring at me like I’m some kind of a freak.” Shannon commented in half sarcasm as she took a bite on her bread.

            “why would they do that?” Jiyeon asked in curiosity.

            “Because I’m a mixed blood?” Shannon didn’t sound sure as well to her answer.

            “Aigoo… Just don’t mind them, Ok?” Jiyeon said with an encouraging smile.

            “Neh…” Shannon answered.

******************************************************************************************

Jiyeon headed straight to her workplace after leaving home with Shannon that morning, she first meet with her Team Lead which is a middle aged woman and seemed to be friendly enough.

“I’ll first introduce you to the team.” Her Team Lead said with a friendly smile as they work around the office on their way to meet her teammates.

“Neh…” Jiyeon awkwardly answered with a smile.

“Don’t worry... They are nice… I’m sure you’ll get along with them quickly.” Her Team Lead said

“Neh…” Again was all Jiyeon could say.

After a while Jiyeon and her Team Lead reached their work area where all her teammates are. Nervously, Jiyeon stood behind her team lead.

“Ok.. Team… Gather here for a moment.” her Team Lead said and they all went to stand where they are. “As we all know.. We will be having a new member, right? The team lead asked

“Neh…” they answered softly.

“Well… she is here now….” The team lead said.

“Really?” the one wearing a striped neck tie asked.

“Neh… So welcome her, ok?” team lead said and turned to look behind where Jiyeon is standing. “This is Park Jiyeon” she said and Jiyeon stepped forward to the side of her team lead.

“Jiyeon-ah…” suddenly one of her colleague said and they turned to look at him.

“Do you know her?” a girl standing beside the person who called Jiyeon asked and Jiyeon looked surprised as well to see that person.

“Yes/No.” they both said at the same time, which only arouse more curiosity around them for their contradicting answers.

“Mwo-yah?” the guy with a pair of black eyeglasses said with an awkward smile. “Myungsoo-ah... Do you know her or not? Which is which?” he added.

Yes. The person who called Jiyeon was no other than Kim Myungsoo, he didn’t expect to see Jiyeon more over be his new teammate. And it seemed like Jiyeon didn’t expect it either.

“Oh…. Neh... We met briefly before in the past… but she probably didn’t remember it…” he answered as he observes Jiyeon, since she was the one who said no.

“Is that so?” the same guy asked.

“Ah... Neh… I’m actually bad at remembering persons I met for a short time.” Jiyeon answered with a awkward smile though it was indeed a fact.

“Ohh… You won’t forget me right after this, right?” one member asked jokingly

“We will be meeting every day, so I don’t think so.” Jiyeon smiled and answered.

“Right right….” He said and nodded.

“Ok.. Now enough of that…” the team leader said. “Myungsoo-ah…” she called.

“Neh…?” Myungsoo responded.

“Since you are the only person who knows Jiyeon already.. I’m en

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter