038

Tell Me Your Inner Thoughts

 No One's POV

"Shall I bring you home?"

"Huh?" You looked over at Hana and shook your head afterwards. "No, I thought of taking a different way today. I need some fresh air to get a clear mind, if that's alright for you"

"Yeah sure, but please be careful", she answered with this weak smile of hers she always put on when she was worried.

You, on the other side, promised her to take care of yourself. Though, what should happen? You've lived in this town your entire life, you knew every little spot of it, didn't you?

 

At this point, you gifted your best friend a warm hug and went off.

Was there anything better than going on a walk when the bright sun seemed like everything has gone back to normal? You still weren't feeling that well, your heart was dripping and it felt like it was raining on the inside of your self. So the warmth and lighting of the sun was the best you could get. 

Your muscles moved slowly to have enough time to assimilate your environment. It was a beautiful day. Though the beginning was awful and nothing went as you imagined it to be, being on earth seemed to be a lot easier at this very moment. That was why you loved being surrounded by nature. It always made you feel better. It made you believe that living would still make sense althoug everything was falling apart. 

But as you kept on walking, the things around you changed. The sun suddenly faded and the nature wasn't as beautiful as before. What has happened?

You looked around suddenly feeling lost. Where had you been going to?

Trashed buildings covered with graffiti rose up to the sky near you. The parks, or at least it seemed like they used to be parks once, were polluted and run-down. 

You had no idea how you got there or what this place was. You turned around looking back at the direction where you just came from but everything looked completely equal. 

There was a dark atmosphere around you causing you to get a litte nervous. 

You fastened up your pace to find a way to get out of this place but it got even worse. There were barely any people and the ones you spotted were completely covered in black with a face like a serial killer. You didn't know any of them.

The only thing you were aware of was the knowledge not to go into one of these gloomy looking side streets. You've had heard enough to know what could happen then. Another reason you wanted to leave as soons as possible.

"Now I know why Hana wanted me to be careful", you said to yourself as quiet as possible hoping noone would hear you. 

 

Ending up at a branch, you now had to choose whether to go left or right. But since you had no idea where both of these directions would lead you to, you decided to take the way that came into your mind in the first place. Which was the left one. 

With careful steps, you turned left imagining the worst that could happen.

But nothing changed at all. Every single street looked the same, they all were creepy and threatening dark. But you had no clue how to get out.

Why didn't you know about this area? This town wasn't that big, was it?

Nevertheless. you continued walking carefully, trying to think of the many possibilities of how to get you. But that didn't help at all. You just went deeper and deeper into this weird place.

You weren't even sure if you could defend yourself when it got dangerous. You definitely had to get out as soon as possible. 

 

All of a sudden, this terrifying silence got interrupted by a dump sound, like a stone brutally thrown at something else.

Caused by this, you flinched and your heartbeat fastened up. What was that?

You felt your nervousness rise up even more while your heart was going crazy. 

Should you go check it out? It was dangerous, you knew it. But what if it would help you in any way? What if that was the right direction? You could always go back if it would be too much for you, couldn't you?

So you gathered your remaining strength and walked up to the direction of which the sound had come from. 

It wasn't safe at all. There wasn't even a paved way. Only grass, weed and bushes you had to cross.

But you still didn't give up and turn around. Something made you go this way, you couldn't even leave if you wanted to. As if something in your head would tell you that you had to go there, it was your only choice.

So a few steps further, you finally caught sight of an old construction, some sort of a tunnel.

As soon as you recognized it, your feet stopped immediately. Your mind had taken over again warning you. 

You were afraid of the thought what could be hidden inside of it. 

However, you forced yourself to continue until it would reveal what it had hidden, hoping that it wasn't a monster that would jump into your face as soon as it sees you. 

With careful steps, you followed a now existing small path till you could recognize a slim figure sitting inside of the tunnel. You immediately took a few steps backwards so the person wouldn't be able to see you. But that was only until you looked up at his face.

His face was pale and empty, his emotions had left him completely.

Your face went just as pale as his as you recognized him, your heart cringed and you suddenly felt like crying.

The boy you had given up to search was sitting right in front of you, inside of an old grey tunnel, staring straight ahead not moving an inch. 

Many different feelings and thoughts crept up your body but you ignored everything except for the feeling of relief. You ran up to him not thinking of the harm it could bring while doing so. 

"Jimin, oh my God!"

You fell onto your knees embracing him tightly. You didn't care about what he would think about that, you were simply happy that you'd finally found him.

"What are you doing here?! Are you crazy?! I was worried!"

You pushed yourself back from him, still holding on to his cold shoulders. Nonetheless, his gaze was still empty, he didn't even care about your awareness.

"Hey, look at me, it is dangerous out here! Something could have happened to you! You're such an idiot!" You couldn't help but shout at him. You had to let it out, he needed to know how you felt in order to understand.

But he didn't even listen to you and continued to stare past you. It was like he was in another world, as if his soul had already left his body, which was the only thing that was left of him.

You stared into his eyes trying to get his attention but it didn't work. Your gaze wandered down his body until you noticed his cuts. 

"Jimin...what-" You could feel your heartbeat change but it was different this time, irregular. You were afraid and feelings of guilt crept up your heart as the thought of you being the reason for his pain came into your mind. 

"Jimin" You felt your eyes getting wet as you looked up into his eyes again to search for an answer you'd never get. "Come with me please"

He needed to come with you. It was the only thing you could do to help him. He couldn't stay here, you couldn't let him die.

"Please, I don't want you to stay here"

"..Why does it matter?", he finally answered after a long pause slowly looking up at you. His eyes still remained cold and empty, there was no sign of anything positive. You could see the hatred and unworthiness he felt towards himself. 

"What...?" He'd caught you off guard causing you to have no idea what to answer. How could he think of himself like that?

"Why does it matter? Because you matter, Jimin"

"Not anymore"

"How...", a small tear rolled down your cheek, "I don't understand...How can you think that you do not matter..I just...Why do you think so? Because you've made a mistake? Everyone does that, it's important to make mistakes"

"I've hurt you", he coldly answered with his eyes focused on yours. 

You were about to fall apart if he was to continue like that. He's lost his self-regard. But how could you help him get it back?

"I'm fine, look" You let go off him and spread your arms so he'd have a better view of your healthy self. But he just looked away. He didnt have anything to add no more so you got up and held out your hand for him to take it. Though you were about to give up, your inner voice forced you to carry on. You didn't want it to end worse than it already was. You didn't even want to think about that. 

But since he didnt take your offer, you decided to change your mind and sat down next to him again. Due to this, he slowly turned his head and watched you. In return, you gave him an encouraging smile to spend him some of your caring emotions. 

 

The both of you sat there for the next thirty minutes while neither of you spoke nor moved an inch. You could just hope that it would change anything. At least he didn't keep on cutting himself while you stayed there. 

"Jimin...", you finallty got the courage to break the ice, "I understand why you don't want to come with me. But you need to confront it if you want to overcome it. You gotta stop with the self-harm, though it probably must be hard for you. Don't think you're not worth this life because that's not true. You are worthy. Even more than that. It wasn't your fault at all and besides, I'm alright, Hana is alright and we're worried about you. Yes, we are worried. My mother, Hana, me. I don't want your condition to worsen every day, I just want you to get better though I know that it is gonna be hard for you. And yes, something like at the amusement park will happen sometimes. But that's just one step backwards while we're going three steps forwards. Believe me." You turned your head to him noticing the wetness in his eyes. "Think of the multiple times we worked closely with each other, you already opened up to me so often. Your will to change is there and that's the most important thing. It's gonna be hard, maybe even harder than it already is. But that's okay and you'll make it, because you are strong. You already had to go through so much, now it is time for you to heal. And I will, and I promise you I will, help you with that. You don't have to go through it all by yourself, I'll be your support and I don't mind the tough times of this journey. All I want is you to enjoy living again. I'll give you a reason to live because I like you. And I want you to remember that there are people who care about you, who love you. Please Jimin, never forget that"

With those words, you reached out for his shaking hands and placed yours around them. Your warm eyes searched its way up to his, which were locked onto your fingers. He was broken and seemed so weak though you knew he wasn't. 

Simply this single tear rolling down his face caused your heart to cringe. He needed you though he had tried to suppress it. You were his last breath, his reason to live and you had only realized that now. It wasn't just that you liked him, no, you loved him and you knew that with him leaving, your heart would miss an important piece you'd never be able to fill up again....

 

 

 

 

___________________________________

A/N: Hey guys! I'm so sorry the update is late again *cries* had a rather hard time writing this chap between studying for my last exams this grade...I hate school lol and yeah I know I *sighs* but well here it is! an' I hope you like it anyways! Besides, LoveKoreaAndAnime has helped me again! Soo credits go to her as well and make sure to check her out <3 Please leave a comment, subscribe and upvote if you want to, I'd be happy *^* Love y'all and see ya in the next chapter! <33