Accident Encounters

My Princess's Servant

 

 

Tavia stirred her coffee again. She was bored, life for her was always the same, nothing inspired her. She looked up at Rainie, who was always in a noble attitude, like a real rich lady. Maybe Rainie wasn't born to be servant material, she'd always wondered what happened 10 years ago, why a little hopeless girl was abandoned. Tavia sipped her drink, restraining her urge to ask, like all the other times, besides there wasn't an answer, considering Rainie had forgotten everything.

 

"Princess..." Rainie called in a respectful voice.

Tavia sulked, "please just call me Tavia, I mean it, I will make you live elsewhere if you don't stop."

Rainie's expression was that of happiness and gratitude, "ok, Tavia, we need to go home now, otherwise your father would be mad."

Tavia's sulk turned into a frown, "I know, I know, I have to stay at home."

"Tavia, your father doesn't want you hurt, that's all."

"No, he's too paranoid I'd get kidnapped since we're rich," Tavia stated in a arrogant tone. Just as she removed her bag, she spotted a flyer on the seat besides her. 'Huh, I never realised that was there before...mysterious cat concert...sounds fun, but it's at night - if only I can go...'

"Rainie," Tavia called, suddenly with inspiration for fun, but first she needed Rainie away.

"What is it?"

"Before we leave, could you go and buy me that necklace we saw a few shops back?" Tavia asked with a sweet smile, "I'll wait for you here, please..."

Rainie considered for a second and nodded with a smile, "don't say please, I am your servant, I'm obliged to do these things, please wait here then."

As Rainie left the cafe and turned the road, Tavia sprang to her feet, slapping money on the table and dashed out the building. She smoothed out the flyer she took and read the label again:

Mysterious Cat Idol : Firstly appears in live concert for public ... in Tokyo park... midnight!

After reading the flyer, Tavia couldn't help but inaudibily things through, 'Should I go? Tokyo park is public though...I've heard news about a upcoming cat idol that works completely alone but...this idol's weird, no one's seen their face and it's only heard this Idol will only perform for something special other than money...though one of their songs was leaked out and people started to become interested...'

Tavia jumped as a hand clasped upon her shoulder, breaking her thoughts. She turned to find a girl staring at the flyer she held in her hand.

"Hey, are you planning to go to that?" the girl asked.

Tavia gulped, to be honest, she wasn't certain, she didn't know the Cat Idol at all, but just thought going to a concert would be fun. "Err...well..."

"Cat Idol is amazing you know," the girl continued, "you heard how one of the songs got leaked right...it was retrieved pretty quickly so only a handful of people have heard it..."

"Really?" Tavia asked, not particularly interested.

The girl grabbed onto Tavia's hand, "let's go together, my name's Genie Zhou."

"Ahh, wait!" Tavia cried as she was pulled across the road, "I never intended to go, hey..."

XXX

Rainie twirled the petite bag in her hands. Her eyes widened, "TAVIA!" she desperately shouted, as she saw Tavia being dragged away. Rainie's heart raced. 'What's going on?' she thought to herself as she ran out onto the road. She turned, her eyes nearly of camotose as a large figure came rushing towards her, the sound of desperate beeps fading in her ears...The hard texture of the ground greeted the motionless body of Rainie, darkness surrounding her vision. Fast. Everything happened so fast, but as air entered her lungs, she realised she was still alive...her focus became clearer and the first thing she saw was a pair of mesmerising eyes...

"Are you ok?" the deep voice asked, through trembling teeth.

Rainie didn't respond, she turned her head and saw the car that was only inches away from her, the driver scared. 'I was going to die...for the second time...'

"Hey, Mike...Mike He!"

Rainie's eyes diverted back to the front of her. Those eyes, they somehow calmed her down. was dry from the shock but she uttered the words, "thankyou."

The guy before her smiled. It was slow, but Rainie just managed to remember hearing his name...Mike He.