My New Life

My Princess's Servant

The small, delicate body continues to tremble beneath the falling daggers of snow. White and soft, it swirls constantly around her, but its weight pains the girl when they touch the blistered skin. She lay on the deserted road. Seeing no more tears drop from haunted, beady eyes...Why?

Just a lost little girl, who was abandoned and left alone in the woods. Strange how she crawled out the dark and onto this bright road, yet...the feeling it's time, time to die and leave this miserable world, stayed with her.

"Rainie...Rainie Yang, stand..."

 

Ahh, it's that voice again, her mothers voice, but it's not possible because she's in heaven...and this little girl is going to reunite with her. Little Rainie's eyes are getting heavy. Her body is giving in to the cold. She should die. This little girl, Rainie Yang is her real name, and the last thing she'll hear in her lost memories...before she lies in complete darkness, before she starts again...

XXX

My pale coloured hands grasp upon the velvet surface of the curtain and I pull, tearing it all down. Weak bright rays shine into the room, meeting my eyes. It's such a beautiful day, but this tranquil scenery could never be as pretty as my princess. I turn to look at her sleeping soundly in her royal bed and a smile appears on my face. "My princess," I called as I gently brushed her hair aside.

She stirred and her eyes elegantly fluttered open. She smiled at me, like she always dose. But whenever I see her smile, the memories of 10 years ago come flooding back into my mind, both sweet and chilling...

~10 YEARS AGO~

The small girl, wearing a satin-fine dress stood at the edge of the bed. On tiptoes she peered at the other petite girl who was sleeping. Her head tilted to a side as she attempted to poke her, but was stopped by the voice of her father. "TAVIA!" he whispered in a rather loud way, "don't wake her."

The man's daughter, named Tavia turned to look at her father with hopeful eyes, "but papa, I want to play with sleeping beauty."

"When she wakes darling, perhaps..."

"H-hel...help me," the little sleeping girl muttered as her delicate eyelids lifted.

As the sleeping girl woke, she was scared, stunned then mesmerised. She stared deep into Tavia's eyes, who somehow gave her comfort. "w-who?"

The girl's weakened heart skipped a beat as Tavia beamed at her, with a smile so warm, it made her feel safe.

"Let's be friends and play sleeping beauty!" Tavia said with a sweet inviting voice.

The girl watched as the adult picked little Tavia up and placed her slightly away from herself. The man smiled at the little girl. She watched as he spoke, "We found you alone on the road so we picked you up. This is our home, your safe now!"

The girl sat up, nodded and finally utterd a quiet response, "thankyou."

Little Tavia gently took hold of the girl's hand, "you spoke, papa, sleeping beauty just said something."

Tavia's father chuckled at her own daughter's innocence, "Yeah, it's a good sign, what's your name?"

The girl opened , but her brain paused. Her name...her name, the last thing she heard...'Rainie...' The little girl trembled slightly at the recognition of that word that seemed to hover in her memories, "My name is Rainie...Y-Ya...Y..."

Little Rainie bit her lips, tears running down her flushed cheeks. She didn't remember, she doesn';t know her own last name, the name of her family. She was homeless with no family name.

"It's alright, please don't cry..." little Tavia whispred as she embraced Rainie and her hair, "don't worry, you can be in my family..."

Tavia's father smiled, "Rainie, if you don't recall your family name or who you were, it's fine." Rainie looked up at the kind mind as Tavia let go and smiled at her again. "If you don't mind, be part of our family Rainie...you may take the name Rainie Yeung!"

~PRESENT~

I smile back at my princess, a smile that only belongs to her alone, because without her, I won't have a family, I won't know how or what a smile was.

I watch her scramble of the bed and get dressed. Taking a brush, I start to comb her hair, being as gentle as I can...I would and never hurt her.

"Rainie," she smiled and called me, "let's have fun today."

I smile from the bottom of my heart, "Yeah!"

My princess is called Tavia Yeung, she's from a relatively rich family and I'm - I'm just a girl who she rescued 10 years ago and who was granted my family name from her. I've decided to devote my life to serving my princess, in return for her to just smile at me, like this everyday. My name is Rainie!