Changes

Crossroad of Love (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris POV

I went back to my office after my heated argument with my father. I felt so tired and sick that I decided to go home early. I grabbed my things when I saw the folder. Father said I should look at it and decide. But I know my decision cannot be changed, I'm not marrying Krystal Jung.

I half-heartedly brought the folder with me as I left the office and went straight to my apartment. It was my father's gift when I turned 21. I remembered when he gave me the key to this unit, I felt really responsible for myself. And I was contented.

The moment I arrived, I immediately decided to take a long bath. Maybe, hopefully, it will help clear my mind... After that long bath, I found myself lying on my bed with the folder beside me.

This is just an ordinary folder but it is about to change my entire life, the moment I open it. 

I hesitated. 

I looked at the picture of the only girl I loved on my side table. She is still very young in the picture. I remember that I took that photo of her on our very first date.

"Will I open it, Yoona? Will you be happy if I continue with the engagement?" Knowing that I will never get her answer, I took a deep breath as I slowly opened the folder revealing pieces of paper and a photo of a smiling Krystal Jung...

I found myself crying, tears uncontrollably falling from my eyes.

Krystal Jung... her face, her smile and her eyes... were all very familiar... She looked exactly like someone I knew...

And that reason was enough to find myself in the airport the next day taking an early flight to South Korea.


Krystal POV

Another beautiful morning! I immediately prepared to go to school. My first period isn't much of a burden yet because our first week will be dedicated to practice.

"You take care of the duet. I'll take care of dance." It was what Kai said to me the moment he found out he was my partner. I prepared a lot of songs for us to try. I rarely hear Kai's voice, what more hear him sing? But I was really very excited. Destiny has finally took the lead. Just then, my phone rang.

"Jung-ah... I've been here for 10 minutes. When are you going out?", Sehun asked over the phone. Right, I almost forgot! I hurriedly went down to go meet Sehun but my mother appeared from the kitchen.

"Jung Soojung." You heard it right, she calls me by my full name. My mother's really quite creepy. "Darling, please be early tonight. We have a very important guest. The Oh's will also join us for dinner."

"Really?" I excitedly asked. The Oh's. This means that Sehun and Kai will join us for dinner.

"Really... and wear something nice. See you later, darling."

"Bye, Umma." I said as I kissed her cheek and go out of the house.

And outside I saw my bestfriend handsome as ever. 

"Jung Soojung. You're late." he said with that fake annoyance in his voice.

"Mian. I'll make it up to you, Hunnie."

"Buy me lunch then.", he said as the car started moving.

"Hmmmm... You can join us later."

"Us?"

"Ne... I'll eat lunch with Kai."

"Since when did you get close?" he said with that hint of annoyance in his voice. This time, he's not faking it. Wait, is he jealous?

"Aigoo. Is my bestfriend jealous? Join us later. It's an invitation and you can't say no."

He just nodded and the rest of the drive went awfully silent.

"Hunnie, you'll be joining us for dinner right?"

"Ne... Do you know who's your guest?"

"Aniyo. Maybe a business partner. See you at lunch!"

And with that, we parted ways.


Kai POV

It's Performing Arts again. *sigh* I'll be teaching her the dance today. Can she even do it? She doesn't look like she could dance.

"Annyeonghaseyo!" she said the moment she arrived at the rooftop. Why rooftop? It's my favorite practice area. This is actually the first time I share it with somebody else.

"You're late." I said.

"It's the second time I heard that today." *pouts* Did she just do aegyo? Aish... I hate aegyo. "By the way, I invited Sehun for lunch. Will it be fine if joins us?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter