Ghost of the Past

Crossroad of Love (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris POV

I can't believe the girl in front of me. My heart was aching. I refused to let anything sink in my brain.

"Y- Y- Yifan..." I heard her say my name. I felt longing but what overcame me was anger. 

"What is this? Is this some kind of a prank?" I managed to utter with a fake laugh. 

"Y- Y- Yifan..."

My knees were weak as I tried to leave the bar. I held on to whatever I good grab just to keep myself from falling. I was dizzy, confused and hurt. It was as if everything I believed in my life was a lie. I had a difficulty breathing and then everything was dark.

I woke up in an unknown room. Where the hell am I? I looked around and based on the color, it was a woman's room. The door suddenly opened and a girl walked in. She sat down on the side of the bed and looked at me. I tried to stand up and leave but her words stopped me.

"Yifan. Please give me a chance to explain."

"Explain what? I lived in a lie. I lived with guilt...everyday...because I thought you..." I said.

"I'm sorry, Wu Yifan. I had to do it. It was for the both of us." She explained but I was far from understanding anything.

"Both of us? Hahaha." I laughed but she continued speaking.

"I had to leave you. Your mother came one day and paid my parents just for me to leave you. We needed the money because my sister was sick. I was too young. We were too young back then to fight for that love that may not have lasted." She said.

I did not look at her.

"Then why did you make me believe you died?" I asked accusingly. I felt so cheated.

"It was your mother's idea. I'm sorry, Yifan. I haven't lived each day without feeling sorry for what we have done." She was crying by then.

"I've moved on. I'm getting married soon. And I'm happy." I lied.

"That's great then." She said with a smile. "Thank you for saving me, Yifan. Since then, you've always been the Prince every girl has dreamt of."

"I'm leaving. Thank you for your hospitality." I stood up and prepared to leave.

"Yifan." She called out just before I could go out the door. "Please say my name for the last time...before you leave."

She was in no position to ask something from me but the m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter