The Bet

Crossroad of Love (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai POV

I went up, grabbed my jacket and knock on Soojung's door which she opened immediately.

"What is it, Kai? Is something wrong?" she said.

"Sehun... is in the police station. We have to get him out of there before his parents find out." I replied. I saw the panic in her face as she rushed out of the house. I got the keys and used the extra car to go the police station.

We found Sehun sitting calmly infront of the police officer.

"Annyeonghaseyo. We're here for Oh Sehun." Soojung managed to say as I followed behind her. When Sehun heard her voice, he looked at our direction.

"Look who's here? It's my bestfriend and my brother! See, Mr. Officer. I told you!" he said while laughing. Based on his actions, I know that the jerk is drunk. 

"What happened, Sir?" I asked the policeman.

"He got drunk and broke the glass door of the bar. The owner asked him to pay but he refused. He called us and we brought him here. The owner just wanted him to pay for the damages." the police officer explained.

"We'll pay for it and bring him home. How much is it?" Soojung said as she pulled her checkbook out of her bag.

"How old are you both?" Soojung glared at the police officer but I stopped her.

"We're both 20." I calmly said.

"I'm sorry but we can't release him without an adult."

"But we're adults." I said.

"Yes, legally but Sehun-sshi is also 20. An older one should come before we could release him."

"But..." Soojung tried to reason out.

"It's our protocol. If nobody comes for him, he'd have to spend the night here."

Soojung went out of the police station and made a call. I don't know who it was but anybody could be good as long as we could get Sehun out of here.

"Sehun." I called out to him.

"Kai, my brother! Why are you here?" He asked while smiling. If I could film this scene, I could laugh at this my whole life. The perfect Oh Sehun is bad- when drunk. The police officers were all busy talking and not even paying attention to us. I kneeled near his seat so that I could talk to him properly.


"We're here to get you out, you jerk. Why do you have to this?"

"Because it hurts." He said. "They said drinking can make you forget pain but I still can't..." By that time, I saw tears falling from his eyes.

"Things will be better. I promise." He suddenly leaned his head on my shoulder as I gave him a gentle pat on his back.

"Will you be good now, Kai? Hahaha... Don't push me away anymore... I've always wanted a brother." He said. I don't know what to answer him. But because of the situation I managed to say yes.

Just then Soojung came back inside the police station with a man trailing behind him. He was wearing a simple shirt and pants that I almost didn't recognize him, Kris Wu. He settled everything and then we were allowed to bring Sehun home. 

I had to carry Sehun out of the police station on my back. I know he is still awake but I had to save him from going face-to-face with Kris Wu. We went back to the car and I placed Sehun at the backseat.

"Kai, I'll go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter