The Performance

Crossroad of Love (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal POV

Today is the day we've been preparing for. I thought that it would be a simple program where our audience will only those people whom we invited but this is something bigger. There were people from the press. I heard one was a talent manager and another was a lyricist. And all of them will be judging and looking into our performances.

As much as I do not want to lose against Kai in our bet... Getting through all this pressure should be first and to do it, we have to work together... not against each other.

"Nervous?" Kai said as he stood beside me behind the stage curtains.

"Not really." I lied.

"You look like you're about to pass out, darling." 

"I'm perfectly fine. And don't call me darling!" 

"You can't do this performance if you keep on fighting, you idiots." Sehun suddenly appeared.

"Hunnie... This person is making fun of me." I stated.

"Don't make fun of her, Kai." I showed a triumphant smile on my face. Ha! Sehun is on my side. "Seriously, brother, can't you do it better?"

And the moment I saw both of them with that smirk, I knew it... They were teasing me.

"Ya!" I shouted.

"Excuse me, are you Ms. Krystal?" A guy wearing a business attire showed up with a bouquet of pretty flowers.

"Yes. Do you need something from me?" I asked.

"This is for you. Mr. Wu sends his apology. He can't come because of an emergency meeting. He also said to wish you good luck." 

"He could have called me. But please send him my thanks." The guy bowed and eventually left. Is Yi 

Fan-oppa still mad at me? But he said... Aish...

"I better leave the two of you. Do your best. I'll be watching." Sehun blurted out and I came back to my senses.

"Are you okay? You seem disappointed." Kai commented.

"I'm fine..." I said. "Since when did you know how to read people, Kai? The last time I checked, you weren't completely aware of my existence until the first day of class."

"Let's just say that it was only until the first day of class I got to see who Jung Soojung really is." He seriously said."So when are you going to introduce Kim Jongin, Kai?"

"That will never happen. He prefers to be the mysterious type." He smirked and pulled me back to the waiting area.

After a while, Mr. Shim appeared and told us that we were about to start. The lights went on as we watched the program's MC from the drama department go up the stage and the program began. The performances began and little by little, the crowded waiting room was almost empty. 

Since we were the last performers, all the pre-performance jitters are eating me up. I couldn't control my cold hands from trembling as I played with my fingers. Just then a warm hand held mine tightly.

"Calm down, will you." Kai said without looking at me. I was quite surprised with the action but I didn't let go from his hold.

"It's just...this is the first time I'm going to perform. People will be staring at me." I explained.

"I know. This is my first performance too. Just calm down and do as we practiced. It will be fine. Don't think about the audience, just look at me."

"Arasseo. Let's do our best." I managed to smile. He did not let go of my hand until we took our place on the stage as we begin our performance.

The music blasted from the speakers as we both moved to the rhythm. I wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter