XXI

93 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What am I supposed to say? I’m fine thank you and you? That’s so elementary, Kai. We’re young adults now!”

Kai let out a laugh, “What else can I say after not talking to you for almost two years?

“Something like, “Hey, its me Kai. Im in LA right now, wanna meet up?” And im sure that’s the reason why you called, right!?” The person over the phone sounds really excited.

Kai sighed, “Unfortunately, no. Im still stuck in Seoul right now. But, my girlfriend will be there, in LA.”

“That’s bull—wait, what!? Girlfriend!? Since when our cold Kai Kim got himself a girlfriend?”

“Since he fell in love, and it’s a long story. You might know her, she was also in Jeguk Elementary School.”

“What’s the name?”

“Krystal Jung.”

“Who wouldn’t know her?  She’s the girl that everyone bet will grow up like a goddess.”

“Yeah, she is.”

“And she choose you to be her boyfriend!? Beauty and the beast much!?” The person laughed at his own joke, Kai laughed along.

“Shut up. Your jokes sounds much more like a Wang now.”

“Well, im blessed and im also cursed living with a Wang for almost a year.”

Kai can hear laughs, and also a “Hey!”, he missed that voice, its been two years since they haven’t talked.

“You’d be surprised if you know who am I talking to.”

“Yeah, as if I believe you, Tuan. It might be some girls from another department.” The voice replied.

“Wow, Mark Tuan!? Are you the king of hearts now!?” Kai is surprised to hear that statement.

“No, Kai Kim. This Wang likes to make things up! Im still the old calm, quiet, and shy Mark Tuan.”

“Wait! Kai Kim!? KAI KIM!?”

“KAI YOU TARD!!! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!”

“JACKSON MY PHONE!” 

“NO, KAI ANSWER ME!”

“Jackson, just put it on speaker.” Kai said between his laughs, hearing Jackson and Mark like this sure bring back good memories.

“HE IS KAI KIM!?”

“JACKSON!”

“Okay! Wait I’ll put it on speaker.”

“Hello to you too, Jackson Wang.” Kai greeted.

“HE IS KAI KIM!”

“Calm down, Jackson! You don’t have to shout!” Mark said.

Sometimes Kai wonder how these two can be best buddies, Jackson is louder than thunder, while Mark…he is the calm, quiet, and shy type of person.

“I know you miss me that much, Jackson.”

“Of course I do! You should probably come here, man! We live in a sort of  apartment with 5 other guys, so it’s the seven of us. Im sure they wont mind another one!”

“Sounds fun, but I am attending SNU, so sorry.”

“Whatever it is, you should come! Maybe for a holiday, or something Kai.” Mark said.”Wait, you said that your girlfriend will come to LA, why don’t you come along?” Mark asked.

“I cant, Mark. I still have some stuffs to do.”

“Turn on the video call!”

“Jackson, seriously?” Mark said, “2 weeks vacation to LA isn’t a problem, Kai. You should come, we miss you so much, and Jackson’s right, we’ve got some friends that you’ll sure get along with. The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter