XV

93 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Happy birthday!” Joy singsonged as Krystal walked down the stairs.

Krystal is surprised, how come Joy knows that today is her birthday? “Unnie, we’re friends on facebook even before you live here, so that’s why I know that today is your birthday!”Joy, as if reading her mind replied.

Krystal giggled, “Well, I thought facebook is already outdated.” Krystal said, walking to dining table.”Cheesecake, huh?” Krystal asked at Joy, with a smile from ear to ear.

“You know Kai, he loves cheesecake, and he said that you wanted a cheesecake on your birthday.” Joy explained, and Krystal let out a laugh.

“Seriously, your brother made me feel like im in some reality show.” Krystal said.

“I think he wants to ask you to be his girlfriend today, since he’s acting somewhat cheesy.” Joy whispered, and hearing this Krytsal blushed, and she let out an awkward laugh. Not that she doesn’t want Kai to court her, but…she’s curious with the way how he will ask her.

“We’ve decided to take things slow, Joy.”Krystal replied.

“Yeah, but mom and dad’s going to be home in 2 weeks, and it’s a pretty good idea to give them a good news about you and Kai are together. It makes the arranged marriage so much easier.” Joy said, and this make Krystal shiver.

“Seriously, I like your brother, but the way you mention “arranged marriage sends shivers down my spine.” I replied again.

“You like me that much huh?”Kai came into the kitchen, with a smirk on his face.

“Ugh, why is with that smirk, Kai? You do know that Krystal-unnie likes you is not a secret anymore.” Joy rolled her eyes, “And by the way, we also know that you’re the one who likes Krystal-unnie so much.”She continued, giving him a winning smirk.

“Yah! You should stand up for your brother, aren’t you proud that The Krystal Jung likes your brother? It’s a rich story for Wendy, Seulgi, and Irene to know.” Kai replied, giving her sister the best offer.

“So now I can tell them about you two!? Finally! Some good news this way comes!” Joy responded, jumping up and down on her seat.

But Kai only scoffed, “Im 100% sure that you’ve already told them about me liking Krystal, Joy.” Kai said.

“Hello, guys. Krystal is still here.” Krystal suddenly said to the two siblings who are too engrossed in their conversation.

“Whoops, sorry.”Kai said, flashing her his charming smile.”Then shall we go now?” Kai continued and the girls nodded.

They all stood up and get their shoes, just then…

“Have you two seen my shoes?”Krystal asked, confused that her shoes is nowhere to be seen.

“I think the maid washed your shoes.” Kai replied, and Krystal is in shock when hearing this.

“All of my shoes? Gosh, then what should I wear to school!?” Krystal panicked.

“Unnie, well…I really want to lend you some of my flat shoes, but you know im two sizes above you.” Joy said, “But… I have a pair old converse that is your size, but its really really old.” Joy continued.

“Its supposed to be white, but you know old shoes…” Kai added.

“I don’t care, can I please borrow your shoes, Joy?” Krystal who is already panicking and a bit cranky responded, and in a second Joy flew upstairs to get her old converse.

Krystal doesn’t care if its old or the white color is already turned grey, at least she got a pair of shoes for today. Ugh, its her birthday and its supposed to be fun from the morning.

“So shall we go?” Kai asked again, and now the girls nodded.

“Wait...no happy birthday?” Krystal thought, but then she shrugged, “It doesn’t matter, anyway. Its just a birthday, no big deal.” She continued in her head, and hoped Joy’s words this morning will soon be an oblivion in her head.

“Morning, Krystal Jung.”Amber  who is already in her seat greeted her.

“Going for the vintage looks today?”Victoria asked, looking down to her shoes.

Krystal plopped herself down on her chair. “The maid washed my shoes, and i don’t bring an extra shoes, so I borrowed Joy’s.” Krystal explained, she slightly pouted.

“Its cool tho, you know, that’s the perks of being good looking.” Amber complimented.

Krystal chuckled. “You’re being so nice today, Amber. What’s with you and Kris today?” Krystal asked.

“There’s nothing between me and Kris, or Vic and Zhoumi.” Amber replied, “Its because its your birthday, Happy Birthday Krystal!” Amber said, and this made the whole class looked at their direction, the other students then start to congratulate Krystal, and Krystal cant do anything other than saying “Thank You.”

“So, to start your day, this is for you.” Amber said, giving her a gift box.

“Amb, you know you shouldn’t do this.” Krystal said, and then she looked at Victoria, “You know that I don’t really like gifts, right?” She continued.

“Its not me, Its Amber.”Victoria shrugged, and give her a smile.

“Open it.” Amber said, and Krystal followed her instruction.

She gasped as soon as she saw whats in the box, it’s a Adidas track top, paired with the shorts and a jacket as well, something that Krystal really wanted to buy, because she loves running and training that much.

“Amber, thankyou so much!” She hugged Amber, “And you too Vic—“

“Not so fast, honey. That was Amber’s gift. Now, this is mine.” Victoria cut her off, and give her another giftbox.

“Victoria! You know that I don’t like gifts!” Krystal protested, but Victoria just chuckled.

“Just open it, Stal.”Victoria said, and just like what she did with Amber’s instruction, Krystal followed Victoria’s.

“No way!” Krystal said, “Victoria! You really don’t have to do this!” She continued. It’s a Topshop trench coat, and it has been on Krystal’s wishlist since it first came out.

“But I wanted too, I know that you’re in love with that coat.” Victoria said, and Krystal responded with a hug, and then she showered both Amber and Victoria with a million Thank you’s.

“You go first, I have to put my things in my locker.”Krystal said, asking Victoria and Amber to go first, and then they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter