Party Time

Break Ups to New Loves

 

Being at your family reunion wasn't so bad. Your older brother stayed with you the whole time. He went to college in NYC while you lived in California. You missed him a lot even though you guys fought constantly when you guys were together. 

"So your done with Jake?" Max asked putting another chip into his mouth. 

"I don't know. I love him" You sighed and leaned your head on the table. "Help me Max" You mumbled. Max moved over and put his arm around you. 

"Do what makes you happy. If your not happy with him then just forget about him. You know he's my friend and your my sister. I'd always be on your side." You picked up your head and lightly pushed him laughing. 

"When did you get so wise?" He started laughing shaking his head. 

"You get wiser with age young one" You glared at him because you guys were twins both 22. He was born 1 minute before you and he always made it seem like he was way older than you. 

"Ha ha ha very funny." He stuck out his tongue and continued eating the chips. The day went on and you had a lot of fun with your family. When it was time to go home around 8 pm you said your goodbyes and went into your car. It was the end of your spring break and you wanted to enjoy these last couple days. Max knocked on your car window. 

"Yeah." 

"Ron is having a party tonight do you want to go? We can go in two separate cars." 

"We can go together because Ron has big parties and there's never any parking spaces." 

"Ok I'll tell Mom to take my car home" He walked away and you sat waiting for him. Your phone vibrated in the cup holder. Picking it up you saw it was a text from Jake. 

From Jake: 
I'm seriously so sorry. Please forgive me :( You know I can't live without you. I love you 

You rolled your eyes and saw you had another text. It was from your best friend. 

From Jade:
Come to Ron's tonight!! 

You texted her back and put your phone back in the cup holder. Max came in and you guys drove to Ron's. Getting there was easy but finding parking was always the hardest. 

"Park right there!" Max yelled. You looked over at the free area and parked your car in between two other cars. 

"Finally!" You said and cut the engine. "Max don't drink too much like last time" Max was already halfway out the car door. 

"Ok!" He said and towards the house. You got out of the car and looked for your friends. 

"(YN)!" You turned around to see your black haired best friend Jade running towards you. She grabbed you in for a tight embrace. "How are you!?" 

"I'm fine." You said smiling. 

"You know he's here right?" Jade looked at you worried. 

"Of course. Ron's his friend too." Jade grabbed your arm and interlocked hers with it. 

"Whatever don't let him ruin your whole night! Let's go party!" She said walking over to your other friends. 

"Hey! (YN)" everyone said when you got to them. They were sitting outside the patio in chairs with drinks. You shared a seat with Jade since all of them were taking. Music blasted through the speakers. People were spread all around just hanging out. Ron had a big backyard so there was about 70 to 100 people there. 

You guys laughed and talked about college and crazy experiences. 

"Hey I gotta go to the bathroom. Come with me" Jade whispered to you and got up. 

"Ok." You got up and she held your hand so you guys wouldn't get separated walking through crowds of people. You walked into the house and there was about 10 people just chilling around the rooms.

You looked around and saw your brother with his friends laughing. He looks at you and his eyes go wide and he looks over at someone. You look at who he's looking at and it's Jake. Jakes too into his friends conversation to notice yours and Max's exchange. 

You walk upstairs to the bathroom. Jade walked in while you waited outside the door. You leaned against the wall playing on your phone. As you stood waiting you heard someone walk up the stairs. You look up and see Jake. He looks at you and smiles. 

"I know you don't want to talk to me but can we please talk?" He walked up to you standing in front of you. He moves your hair behind your ear. You moved away and rolled your eyes. 

"No! And don't touch me" he pouts and stood looking down at the floor. 

"I'm sorry" He says looking back up at you. 

"I don't care. Go with your friends." Before you could say anything else Jade walks out of the bathroom. 

"Jake leave her alone! She doesn't want to talk to you!" Jake glared at Jade and looked back at you. You looked at Jade and grabbed her arm walking away from Jake. You were not going to let him ruin your night. You and Jade went back outside and sat with your friends. Before sitting down you grabbed a drink. You weren't a big drinker but you usually had one or two. 

"Hey" Someone sat in the empty seat next to you. You look over and it was Mark. 

"Hey! What are you doing here?" You couldn't remember if you've ever seen Mark at any of Ron's parties before. 

"My best friend dragged me out with him" he laughed and took a sip of his drink. 

"Who's your best friend?" He then pointed to a black haired boy that stood a couple feet away from you guys flirting with a girl. 

"Jackson's your best friend?" Jackson was in a couple of your classes. He was the class clown always saying or doing things to entertain the class. 

"Yeah. We live next door to each other. I've known him since I was 5." 

"Who's this?" Jade said leaning over to get a better view of who you were talking to. 

"Mark!? Hey!" They both got up and hugged. You looked at both of them confused. 

"How do you guys know each other?" You asked when they both sat down. 

"We've known each other since high school. He's one of my best guy friends." You only met Jade your first year of college because you guys were roommates. 

"Oh" You said taking a sip out of your drink. 

"Wait how do you guys know each other?" She asked pointing at you guys. You look over at Mark. 

"We met.." You started but Mark cut you off. 

"We have a couple classes together." You look over at him and smile. He smiled back and took another drink out of his cup. 

"That's so cool! Mark you should join us to movie night tomorrow we haven't hung out in forever! Since you guys know each other we can all hang out!" He looked over at you to check your expression before answering. You smiled at him and he smiled back. 

"Yeah. I'm not doing anything tomorrow." 

"Good!" Jade and Mark told you about their high school. You laughed at the crazy things they used to do. 

"I never knew you were such a rebel Jade!" You kept laughing wiping your tears. 

"Oh Jade was a big trouble maker in high school. She would always come up with crazy ideas and drag me and Jackson with her." You guys kept laughing. It was so much fun hanging out with them.

"What's happening over there?" Jade said pointing to a crowd forming around two people arguing. You look at the two guys and notice one of them is Jake. You jump up and started walking towards them. 

"(YN)!" Jade yelled following you. You didn't turn around and just ran towards them. You saw the other guy punch Jake in the face and  Jake pushed him down and jumped on top of him punching him everywhere. Jake was a boxer so this wasn't going to end well for the other guy. You saw your brother and a couple other of his friends grab onto Jake to pull him off the guy. They moved him far away so he wouldn't go and hurt the guy anymore. Everyone started moving away and you made your way to Jake. He was out of breath and his lip was bleeding. 

"Oh my gosh! Jake! What are you doing!?" You yelled at him and slapped his arm. He looked up at you trying to catch his breath. Your brother and his friends left you two alone and went to go see if the guy was ok. Everyone else had moved and went back to the party.

"He started it!" He yelled pointing to the guy. You rolled your eyes and crossed your arms over your chest looking away. "I'm serious! Go ask Max!" 

"What did he say that pissed you off?" He mumbled something. "What?" You said moving closer to him. 

"He said something about you." 

"So your going to beat up every guy that says something about me?" 

"Yeah! Your my girlfriend!" You scoffed. He looked at you then put his finger to his lip and wiped the blood. "Ow" you walked closer and checked his lip. 

"He really hit you so hard." 

"It's ok. I'm fine" He just stood there while he held onto his face examining his lip. 

"Come on. Ron has a first aid kit in the bathroom." You said holding out your hand for him to take it. He looks down at your hand and takes it. You both walked towards the house. 

Passing by where you were before. You didn't see Jade or Mark. They probably left already because it's getting late you thought to yourself. Jade was going to be really mad at you for going to check on Jake. But she didn't understand yours and Jake's relationship. You walked into the bathroom and cleaned up Jake's lip while he sat on the toilet seat. 

"Ow" He said when you wiped it. 

"I'm sorry." You said still cleaning it. He closed his eyes. You looked at him and started laughing. He opened his eyes and glared at you. 

"What?" 

"Nothing you look so cute" You said placing your hand on his cheek and rubbing your thumb on it. He stuck out his tongue. You laughed and moved away from him standing up. He stood up and pulled you towards him. He quickly pecked you on the lips. 

"Ow" he said touching his lips. 

"It's going to be a while before you kiss these lips again." You said pointing to your lips. He pouted. 

"I know it ." You laughed and turned around to open the door. 

"Come on cause I have to get home." You said walking out of the bathroom. 

"I'll help you find Max." He said interlocking your fingers. You looked down at your hands and smiled. 

"Ok." You guys went downstairs and looked for Max. He wasn't in the house. So you went outside. There was no point in texting him because he never answered it. 

"There he is!" Jake yelled pointing to Max with a group of friends. You walk over and see that Jade was standing with them. She looks over at you and then at Jake. She rolls her eyes. She couldn't stand Jake. 

"Let's go Max." You whispered in your brothers ear. 

"Ok." He said his goodbyes to everyone and walked to your car. You said bye to Jake and walked over to Jade. 

"Goodnight boo" You said hugging her. "I'll see you tomorrow." You pouted and looked up at her. She laughed at you and hugged you back. 

"Since your happy right now I won't ruin it with my "your making the wrong choice" speech!" 

"Thank you!" You kissed her on the cheek and walked away. "I'll text you!" You blew her a kiss and ran up to your brother. 

"That was fun" he said while you guys drove away from Ron's house. 

"Yeah it was!" 

"I'm going to miss everyone when I go back to NYC" 

"Come back!" 

"No! I love NYC!" He said laughing. You guys got home and you went your separate ways. After washing off your make up and getting ready for bed. You laid down in bed and checked your phone. No new messages. You put your phone on your night stand and went to sleep.