Essay

Break Ups to New Loves

 

You kissed him back closing your eyes. You climbed on top of him with your legs on either side of him while he laid down. He held your face kissing you slowly. His thumb lightly rubbed your cheek back and forth while his other hand was on your leg. 

Before anything else could happen you pulled away. You both tried catching your breath. Mark laid back went up on his elbows while you sat on his lap. You looked down at his shirt and started playing with it. 

"I'm sorry." You said slowly looking up at him. 

"For what?" He said with furrowed eyebrows. You looked back down and mumbled.

"For kissing you then saying I'm not ready for a relationship." He slowly touched your face and picked up your chin for you to look at him. He placed a light kiss onto your lips. 

"I can wait till your ready." He whispered in your ear. You closed your eyes and bit your lip. You wanted so badly to just kiss him but you couldn't. You got off of him and walked to the door. You turned around and looked at him. 

"Pizza?" You asked. He smiled and shook his head yes. 

"Yes with breadsticks please." You started laughing because he looked like a little kid. 

"Ice cream after?" You teased. He sighed and laid down on the bed covering his face. 

"Yes." He mumbled. You laughed even more and walked into the kitchen for the number of the pizzeria. 

You called and walked back in your room. Mark was laid down on his side playing on his computer. 

"Whatcha doing?" You said jumping on the bed. You placed your head on his shoulder and looked at his computer. 

"Just looking at this video Jackson told me to look up of this guy doing a backflip." You watched as the guy kept doing backflips off random things. 

"Wow! That's crazy! I can't do backflips." Mark looked at you. 

"You can't?" 

"Nope. Can you?" Mark smirked at you. 

"Yeah." You got up and gave him a look. 

"Your such a liar!" You playfully slapped his arm. 

"I'm not lying I can. Watch." He said getting up. You watched as he got off the bed and walked out of the room. You climbed out of bed and followed. 

"Where are you going?" 

"Into the living room you have more space. I don't want to break anything in your room." He stopped in the middle of the living room and jumped up and did the back flip. You stood there with your mouth open not believing what you just saw. 

"How can you do that!?" He started laughing at your face expression. 

"It's easy." He jumped back and did another one. When he finished he started smiling real big. Your heartbeat increased at his cute dorky smile. 

"See you just have to jump." And he did another one. 

"Ok ok." You said walking towards him. "No more. I'm scared your going to do it wrong and snap your neck." You said putting your hands on his shoulder. 

"Ok I won't do it anymore." He said with a smile looking down at you. Just then the doorbell rang. 

"Pizzas here!" You walked over to the door. Mark walked up before you and opened it. 

"Hello your total is $24." The delivery guy said. Mark started digging in his pocket for money. You pulled his arm and tried to move him so he wouldn't pay. 

"No! I'm paying!" You said giving the guy the money. 

"No don't take her money. Here take this." He said handing the guy the money. The guy stood there confused on whose money to take. He finally decided on Mark's and gave you your money back. 

"Sorry ma'am but the boyfriend should always pay." You glared at Mark. 

"Yeah babe." Mark said taking the pizza. "Thank you have a good night." You rolled your eyes and walked into the kitchen. 

"Are you mad?" Mark said placing the pizza on the table and walking towards you. 

"No." You moved away from him and grabbed the plates out of the cabinet. 

"Your such a bad liar." Mark said laughing. He leaned on the cabinets crossing his arms. 

"I'm not mad." You placed the plates on the table and opened the box. 

"Then why is your face like that?" You look over at him. 

"Like what?" 

"Like this." He made a mad face. You started laughing at how cute his face was. "What's so funny?" Mark said walking up to you and putting his arms around you. 

"You can't even make a mad face because your face is so cute!" You said lightly squishing his face with both your hands. 

"How about this?" He started pushing out his lips like a fish. You started laughing and moved your hands away. 

"Your face is still cute." He kisses you on the cheek and you feel yourself blush. 

"Not as cute as yours." He said poking your cheek. 

"Can you guys just go out already?" You both jump and look to the door. Jade stood there holding her bag staring at you guys. 

"How long have you been standing there?" You asked surprised because you didn't hear the door open. 

"Just now." She said smiling really big. "You guys are so cute." She turns around and leaves the room laughing. 

"What slice do you want?" You asked changing the subject. 

"That one." He pointed to the slice. You pulled it up and put it on the plate. He pulled a chair and sat down.

"Here ya go." You put it in front of him.  

"Thank you." He said picking up and taking a bite. You took a slice and put it on your plate and sat down across from him. You look up at him and he has sauce on his cheek close by his upper lip. 

"Mark you got a little." You start pointing to your cheek. He picked up a napkin and wiped the wrong cheek. You start laughing. 

"No the other side. Here let me get it." You pick up a napkin and wiped his cheek. His mouth opened slightly when you wiped it and you leaned closer to him. He picked up his head about to kiss you. 

"Are you sure you guys aren't dating?" Jade said making you jump back into your chair. You and Mark kept your heads down eating. "Sorry." She felt the awkwardness. "I'll just grab a slice and leave you two on your date." 

"We're not on a date you can sit here." You patted the seat next to you. She looks at you and then Mark. 

"No. Anyways I have to do that essay." She grabbed a slice and put it on a plate. "I'll be going." She said walking out the kitchen. 

You look up from your plate and see Mark looking over to the door smiling and shaking his head. You turn and see Jade mouthing something pointing at you. She saw you look at her so she smiled really big and turned around running to her room. 

"She's such a troublemaker." You say laughing. 

"She is." Mark said taking another bite out of his pizza. 

"What was she saying?" He coughed and started drinking his water trying to avoid eye contact with you. You glared at him. "Using the old "I'm coughing let me drink some water to avoid answering the question" trick?" He started laughing. 

"I really was choking." 

"Sure." You say raising your eyebrow. "So since your not choking now what did she say?" 

"Nothing." He took another bite finishing his pizza. He got up and took another slice. "Do you want another one?" You look down to your slice. You only had 2 bites left. 

"Yes please." He took another slice and placed it on your plate. You guys started eating quietly. After a couple minutes you heard him mumble something. 

"What?" You say looking up from your pizza. 

"She told me to ask you out." He said looking down at his pizza. Your heart starting racing. You didn't know what to say so you quickly took another bite out of your pizza. You slowly look up and he was just staring at you. You gulped before talking. 

"Mark I-I would love to go out with you but I just broke.." He cut you off before you could keep going. 

"I know that's why I said no." He reached over and placed his hand on yours. "I told you I'd wait until your ready." You smiled and interlocked your hands. 

"Thank you." He smiles back with his dorky smile that you've grown to love. 

"That calls for something." He smirked. 

"Like what?" He started pointing to his cheek. "You want a kiss on the cheek?" 

"Yeah since we're not dating I can't kiss you on the lips." You get up and pull his face to yours and gave him a quick kiss on the lips. He sat there shocked. 

"What? You deserved it." You said smirking finishing your pizza.