Santa Monica Pier

Break Ups to New Loves

 

"Mark where are we going?" You say looking around while Mark drove. 

"It's a surprise!" He said looking over at you. You glare at him. 

"But I hate surprises!" You put your hands on his arm. "Please tell me!" He started laughing and shook his head. 

"No!" He laughed and stuck out his tongue. You pouted and crossed your arms over your chest. 

"Fine." He looked over at you and started laughing. 

"We're almost there." He said. You looked around you guys were in Santa Monica. Your parents used to take you and your brother here when you were little. You loved coming here. He parked his car and turned off the engine. 

"We're here." He said looking over at you. You open the door and get out. He got out and locked the doors. "I thought we could go to the arcade and then walk on the boardwalk." He said extending his hand to you. You smiled and took his hand. 

--------------------
 
People walked around and were having a good time. You looked around smiling. The weather was so nice today. 

"Have you been here before?" Mark asked seeing you really happy. 

"Yeah when I was little we haven't visited in years. I've missed it. Have you?" You said looking at him. You fingers were still interlocked. 

"Yeah my whole family comes here every year. It's kind of a tradition to stay close." You nod your head smiling. 

"That's really nice. I wish my family did that." He looked at you and smiled. 

"Yeah it is." Silence followed as you guys admired your surroundings. 

-------------------------

"Let's go in the photo booth." You said pulling him towards it. You went in first and Mark sat down next to you. 

"What should we do?" He asked. 

"Anything." So you clicked to start and you smiled really big while Mark made a funny face sticking out his tongue. You both started laughing and it took a picture. The next one Mark kissed you on the cheek. You blushed and turned to kiss his but he was still facing you so you ended up kissing him on the lips. 

"Sorry." You mumbled while you guys stared at each other. Mark was staring at your lips. He moved in closer and kissed your lips. You closed your eyes and kissed him back. Your lips moved in sync until you heard a knock on the side of the booth. You both jumped apart. 

"Hey are you guys almost done?" Someone called from the other side. 

"Yeah." Mark said his lips. You felt your face grow hot. Mark pushed the curtain to the side. He held it while you got out. You looked at the pictures and started laughing. They came out really cute and funny. The last two ones were of you and Mark kissing. 

"I like that one." Mark said pointing to the one of him kissing your cheek. You had the cheesiest smile on your face while he placed his lips on your cheek. 

"Do you want to play games?" Mark said while you put the photo in your pocket. 

"Yeah." You guys argued on who's buying the coins but Mark ended up buying them. 

"Let's play the basketball one." You say pointing to it. 

"You want to vs?" Mark said smirking. 

"Yeah! I'm really good." You say sticking out your tongue. 

"Really? Because I am too." He said laughing. 

"Ok let's bet something. If you win what do you want?" 

"If I win I get to kiss you." He said smiling. "What do you want?" 

"Ok and If I win you have to do what I want for a week." You said smirking. He extends his hand. You take it and shake it. 

"Deal." You both say. 

-----------------

Your first game the score was a tie so you decided to play another round. This time Mark was beating you by 4 points. 

"Mark! Is that G-Dragon!?" You say pointing somewhere. 

"Not falling for it." Mark said while the time kept going. 5 seconds left and you kept trying. DING 

"I WON!" Mark said throwing his arms up. You pout and cross your arms. He starts laughing and moves closer to you. "We had a bet." You glare at him and move your face to the side and point to your cheek. 

"Ok." Mark starts shaking his head. 

"No I said I want to kiss you."

"Yeah you never said where." You say raising your eyebrows and smiled. 

"Ok." He said kissing you on the cheek. "What other game do you wanna play?" 

"Can you win me something from the claw?" He nodded and smiled. 

"Ok let's go." He started walking towards it. "I'm not really good at this." 

"It's ok try." You stood next to him while he put coins in the machine. 

"What do you want?" You looked around and saw a cute little gray koala. 

"The koala." You say pointing to it. It started and Mark moved the claw above the koala. It went down and caught it. "Yes!" You said while it was coming up. Just then the koala slipped and fell really close to the exit. You glared at the machine. 

"Sorry." Mark said looking at you. "I'll try again." 

"Ok." You said smiling at him. He put the coins in and moved the claw over to the koala. Right when it was above it he clicked the bottom to drop the claw. It went down and caught the koala. 

It started coming up but you stayed quiet this time not wanting to get excited again. It came closer to the exit and the claw dropped the koala in the exit. You jumped up and down saying yes! 

Mark started laughing and bent down to take the koala out. "Here you go." He said giving it to you. You hugged him. 

"Thank you!" You pulled away and kissed him on the lips. You smiled while he stood there shocked. You turned around and started walking away. 

---------------------

You guys went on different rides at the Pacific Park and since it was dark you guys headed home.  

"Thank you so much for today. I really needed it." You said interlocking your fingers with his. 

"Your welcome." He said. Silence followed. "(YN)?" 

"Yeah." You said looking at him. 

"I know it's still kind of early since you broke up with Jake but....." He his lip. "Would you go out with me?" 

"Yes I'll go out with you." You said squeezing his hand. "We're kinda practically going out." You said laughing. 

"Yeah we kinda are." You lean over and kiss his cheek. When you sat back down you saw Marks face turn red. You giggled and then turned around to look outside. You guys sat in silence listening to the music. 

-------------------

You got outside your apartment building. You both turned to each other. 

"Thank you again for tonight." You said while he held onto one of your hands while the other held the koala.  

"Your welcome. I had a lot of fun tonight." 

"Me too." You said smiling and looking away. Silence followed. Mark coughed and you looked up. 

"Good night." He said leaning down and kissing you on the cheek. You smiled. 

"Good night." You said and kissed his cheek. "Text me when you get home." You said while he started walking away. 

"Ok." He said smiling at you. You turn around and go into your apartment. You walked up to your door but stop when you see someone sitting at your door with his face in his hands. You walk closer and bend down recognizing who it is. You heard him crying. 

"Jake?" You said and he looked up at you. There were tears in his eyes and running down his cheeks. His eyes were puffy and red. "What's wrong!?" You say putting down the koala and pulling him into an embrace. 

"My grandma passed away." 

 

---------------

Sorry for not updating this story in awhile! I hope you guys like this chapter! Please let me know in the comments. :) thank you for reading!