Bedtime

Break Ups to New Loves

 

"Good morning everyone!" The professor said sitting down. "Today we will go over....." He started his lecture. 

Ever since that day a month ago you haven't talked to Jake. You guys avoid each other as much as possible. I guess he was right in saying that he was finally letting you go. 

Today you had class with him. He sat in the back while you sat in the middle. You always hated coming to this class feeling odd that you were in the same place. No Jackson, Mark, or Jade to keep you company and have your mind off of him. He's in most of your classes but so were Jackson, Mark and Jade. 

It didn't bother you as much but you just felt uncomfortable and even with a month passing by you weren't used to it. Only one more month till summer break. You thought to yourself. You couldn't wait to leave class and be with Mark and Kylie. 

"So here's a short movie...." The professor continued and got up to shut the lights off. He sat back down while you continued to daydream and feel uncomfortable. 

You felt your phone vibrate in your lap. You look down and unlock it. You smile as you see it was Mark. 

From Mark:
Why do you look so bored?

You look up and see Jackson and Mark at the door. You try to laugh a little and Jackson waves at you like a little kid. You look around to see if anyone was looking and wave back. They both move away from the door and your phone vibrates again. 

From Mark: 
Come outside 

To Mark: 
Nope I need to learn 

You text back and smile. You get up and start walking towards the door. You open it and see Mark texting back and Jackson next to him reading the message laughing. You walk over on to the other side of Mark. 

"What are you guys laughing at?" They both jumped back and Jackson covered his mouth not to scream. You start laughing. 

"What is wrong with you!?" 

"What? I didn't do it on purpose I was just asking a question." You say in between laughs. Mark takes you and pulls you in for a kiss. You kiss him back. 

"Really? I don't even know why I agreed to even come here with you." Jackson says walking away. 

"Hey! Wait." Mark yells walking away. He turns around but continues walking. "I'll see you later." He winks at you and turns back around. You roll your eyes laughing and walk back into class. 

The movie was still going on so you quietly walked up the stairs to your seat. While walking you looked up to see Jake staring at you. You haven't even looked at him since that day and your heart raced. He rolled his eyes and looked away. You continued walking and finally sat down in your seat. You sighed and tried to pay attention to the rest of the film. 

------------------

"No! No no no!" Kylie yelled as you guys tried to pick a movie to watch. 

"Ok." Mark said continuing to look for something. "How about this one?" Kylie shook her head again. 

"How about we go out for a drive?" You suggested. You guys have been here for an hour and Mark's sister wanted you guys to put her to sleep. You both decided to watch a movie and let her fall asleep watching it but it wasn't working if she didn't want to see any of the movies. 

"Yes! Yes yes yes!!" Kylie yelled jumping up and down. 

"Where do you want to go?" Mark said walking towards the couch you guys were sitting on. 

"Ice cream!" Kylie screams. You laugh and look at Mark. Mark shakes his head. 

"You already had two bowls already. We'll just go for a drive." 

"Fine." Kylie says pouting. 

"Let's go." You say standing up. Mark gets up and grabs his keys. 

You get Kylie all settled in her car seat and climb into the passenger seat. Mark turns on the car and starts driving. 

"I hope this works." He whispers so Kylie doesn't hear him. You laugh and look at him. 

"Me too." You look back outside and watch all the different scenes pass in front of you. You guys drove around in silence for about twenty minutes. You turn around and see Kylie had falling asleep in her car seat. You smile and turn back around. 

"She's sleeping." You whisper. 

"Finally!" Mark whispers back. "Do you want to go back to the house or just drive around?" You shrug your shoulders. 

"It doesn't matter whatever you want." You lean up and kiss his cheek. He takes your hand into his and interlocks them. 

You continue driving until he stops in front of the house again. Mark gets out and goes to take Kylie out of the car seat. You help him and walk towards the house to open the door for him. He walks upstairs. You continue walking and clean up in the living room. 

Mark walks in after you finished cleaning and falls face first into the couch. You laugh and walk up to him. You sit down next to his head and start playing with his hair. He slides up and places his head on your legs. 

"Do you want to watch a movie?" You say. He turns around so he's facing you. 

"Whatever you want. I'm sleepy so I'm probably gonna fall asleep during it." 

"Never mind we can go to bed then." You say getting up. He gets up and extends his hand to you. You both walk out and up the stairs to the bedroom. Passing by Kylie's room, Mark looks in and checks on her. She was still sleeping so you guys kept walking. You walk in the room and put on the light. He follows behind you. You both get changed and climb into bed. 

"Ah." You say laying down. After a long day you felt relaxed. Mark coughs and turns to look at you. 

"Can I ask you something?" He says. 

"Of course." You say turning towards him. He looks at something away from you. 

"Um this summer...... You know cause the semester is almost over in one month...and I know we've only been dating for one month close to two...but..do you....maybe want to move in with me? You know we always spend so much time together and sleep over each other's so it's...." You cut him off by kissing him. 

"Yes!" You say smiling really big. He smiled back and kissed you. 

"I already found an apartment a little closer to the campus and it's closer to the beach." You place your hand on his cheek and rub your thumb across it. 

"That sounds perfect." The only problem was telling Jade. 

Your phone starts ringing and you lift up your head and walk over towards it. It was an unknown number. You answer it. 

"Hello?" Silence on the other end. You roll your eyes. 

"Who is it?" Mark says. 

"Nobody." You say and hang up.

 

------------------

I know this chapter is boring but I promise there will be drama in up coming chapters!