Babysitting

Break Ups to New Loves

 

 

Silence on the other side of the phone. 

"Hello? Jake are you still there?" 

"Yeah.....I'm just.....I don't know." Your heart felt really heavy. 

"(YN)" 

"Y-yeah I'm s-sorry" 

"With who?" His voice was so monotoned that it killed you even more. He's never cheated on you and here you were kissing another guy and you didn't even regret it until now. 

"It doesn't matter. The point is that I kissed him." Jade just sat next to you rubbing your arm. More silence on the other end. 

"I-I don't know what to say" 

"Jake I think it's better..." He cut you off.

"If we what? Break up? I'll do it since it's so hard for you to. We're done" With that he hung up. 

You put your phone down and just stared straight ahead. 

"(YN) are you ok!?" Jade said hugging you. You look over at her with a serious face. Your heart was broken into a million pieces. You just cheated on your boyfriend and you didn't even regret it until you heard his voice. 

The one person that can help you with decisions like this was in NYC.

"I think so." You said looking down at the ground. Jade kept hugging you. You laid your head on her shoulder and started crying. 

"Don't cry." She kept saying repeatedly. You guys stayed like that for a long time until you stopped crying. 

"My heart feels really heavy because I feel so bad but I don't regret it. Is something wrong with me?" 

"No nothing's wrong with you!" Jade pulled you so you were looking at her. "You needed to break up with him." 

"Thank you Jade" You hugged her tight. "I'm just going to take a shower and head to bed." You got up and started walking towards your room. Taking a quick shower made you feel so much better. You knew what your heart wanted but you didn't want to hurt anyone. 

Walking out of the shower and getting dressed you saw you had one message. It was from Max. 

From Max: 
I'm in NYC 

You grabbed your phone and called him. It was probably 4 am over there but you didn't care. Max picked up on the 3rd ring. 

"Hey lil sis!" 

"Max I cheated on Jake!" You said really fast and you told him everything. 

"I leave you for a couple hours and you go around doing stuff like this" He said laughing. 

"Max it's not funny! I didn't regret it!" 

"But he ended it so why are you still sulking about it? You know what your heart wants. Why stay in a relationship with someone when your not even happy? You guys fight all the time and break up. Don't worry about Jake. You know he'll get over it in a couple days. If you are in love with Jake like you say you are you would go back to him. If you don't miss him then you weren't happy with him" You chewed on your lip listening to Max's advice. 

"Yeah your right. Thank you Max." 

"Your welcome. You know you can always comes to me for advice I'll always be here for you BUT it's 4 am here and I'm so tired so I'm going to have to end the call here." You started laughing. 

"I love you Max. Good night." 

"Good night! Don't sulk about it. It already happened! I love you!" 

"I won't! Bye" 

"Bye" With that you guys hung up. You laid in your bed and went to sleep. Max was right I had to do what my heart tells me. After a couple minutes you fell asleep. 

*Next morning* 

You woke up to people laughing in the living room. Slowly opening your eyes you looked around your room. You looked at your clock and it read 10:30 am. Stretching and rubbing your eyes you got up out of bed. 

Jade usually loved watching her tv shows in the morning with the volume up. You walked into the living room and froze when you saw Mark sitting there with his back to you facing Jade. 

Jade looked up at you and smiled. After she looked at you up and down her eyes went wide. You didn't even look at yourself in the mirror so you probably looked really bad. You ran away before Mark could turn around and look at you. 

You quickly got dressed and fixed your hair in a messy bun. You walked into the bathroom brushing your teeth. You put on a little mascara and you walked back out into the living room. 

"Good morning sleeping beauty!" Jade said walking over to you. "How are you feeling?" She whispered while she was hugging you. 

"Good." You whispered back and let go of her. Mark got up and walked over to you. 

"Hey sleepyhead" He pulled you in a tight embrace. You laughed and pulled away. 

"Hey" 

"I made breakfast it's in the microwave." Jade said pointing to kitchen. 

"Thank you" You said smiling really big. You turned around to go get the food. While you warmed up your food Mark walks in the room and leans against the cabinets. You felt him watching you but your heart was beating so fast.

"Where's Jade?" You said slowly looking at him. 

"She went to go take a shower." 

"Oh" More silence. 

"Are you happy to go back to school tomorrow?" He said breaking the silence. You groaned and looked up at the ceiling. 

"Don't remind me!" He started laughing. 

"Why you didn't do that essay we were supposed to do?" The microwave dinged meaning your food was ready. You pulled it out and placed it on the table. You sat down and started eating. 

"Yeah I did it the first day of spring break. Did you?" He sat down across from you at the table. 

"Yeah. Jackson hasn't even started it and he works till 12." 

"Jackson never does his work! I don't know how he passes." You both started laughing. "Do you want some? I'm not going to eat it all." 

"I'll just try a little." He opened his mouth so you can put the food in his mouth. You took a piece off and slowly moved closer to his mouth. His lips brushed your fingertips while you placed the food. Your eyes just stayed on his lips and how they felt against your fingertips. 

You thought about last night and you wanted to kiss him. You looked up at Mark and you can tell he felt the same way. You pulled your fingers back and Mark chewed his food looking away. 

"I told Jake." You said looking down at your food. 

"Told him about last night?" 

"Yeah." You slowly looked at him and he was looking at you. "We broke up." You said slowly. 

"Are you ok?" You looked back at your food taking another bite. 

"Yeah." Just then you heard footsteps toward the kitchen. 

"Do you know where my mousse is?" You looked over at Jade and she was dressed really fancy. 

"It's in the bottom cabinet. Where are you going?" You looked at her up and down. She was dressed in a black dress shirt and a black skirt. 

"That job interview!" She said running towards the bathroom again. You and Mark started laughing. You are the last piece and placed the dish in the sink. Washing the dishes you put them on the rack. Mark was sitting at the table on his phone. 

"So what do you want to do today?" He looked up from the phone and his shoulders went up then down. 

"I don't know. What do you want to do?" You looked outside and saw that it was raining. 

"Do you want to go to the indoor trampoline place?" You said smiling really big. Jake never wanted to go to kiddie things claiming that he's an adult and wouldn't be caught in a place like that. 

"Yeah. It sounds like fun! Let's go." You got up and walked over to your bag. Putting your phone and keys in you walked to the door. Mark held the door open for you. 

"Bye Jade! We're leaving!" You yelled before you left out of the apartment. 

You guys walked in silence until you reached the parking lot. 

"Let's take my car." He said pointing to a range rover at the other end of the parking lot. 

"Ok" You said walking next to him. "Do you know where it is?" 

"Yeah. Me and Jackson go there sometimes." He said looking down sheepishly. You started laughing and hit him lightly with your elbow. 

"Don't be embarrassed." He looked up at you with a red face. "I think it's cute." He chuckled and looked down again. 

You guys got in the car and he started his car. While driving his phone started ringing. 

"Can you pick it up? It's my sister." He said picking it up and handing it to you. You clicked the approve button. 

"Hello?" You clicked on the speaker button.

"Hello....um is Mark there?" You moved the phone closer to Mark. 

"Yeah I'm right here." He yelled into the phone. 

"Who was that girl?" He coughed and looked at you. 

"Just a friend. Is there something wrong?" 

"No I just need you to babysit Kylie today. Please!" He was stopped at a red light and looked at you. You shook your head yes and smiled really big. He smiled. 

"Um...yeah don't worry about it. I'll watch her. I was just going to that indoor trampoline place." 

"Oh perfect she loves that place." 

"Ok. I'll see you in a little. Thank you!" They hung up. 

"Sorry about having to drag you into babysitting with me." He said scratching the back of his neck. 

"No don't be sorry! I love little kids!" You leaned and placed your hand over his. He got stiff under your sudden touch and then relaxed. You pulled your hand away and placed them back into your lap.

After a couple minutes you guys came up to a nice house. The front yard was similar to yours simple but beautiful.

"Do you want to come or just stay in the car?" You looked over at him and he was staring at you. 

"I'll come. I don't want to be rude just sitting in the car." He smiled and got out of the car. You were about to open your door when Mark came and opened it for you. 

"Thank you." You said smiling. Jake never did that for you. You guys walked towards the house. Mark walked up the stairs and rang the doorbell. You stood next to him. On the other side you heard a little voice scream and you saw her little face at the window. The door unlocked to his sister and Kylie. 

"Sorry she's so excited. Hi! You must be Mark's friend." She said extending her hand to you. 

"Yes and you must be Marks sister. I'm (YN)." 

"It's so nice to finally meet you. Mark has told us a lot about you." You looked up at Mark and his eyes opened in horror. Kylie jumped up and down under Mark. 

"Uncle Mark! Uncle Mark!!" She yelled. He bent down and picked her up. 

"Kylie! Kylie!" She hugged him tightly. She let go and gave him a big kiss on the cheek. You started laughing at how cute they looked. 

"She loves him." His sister whispered to you. 

"What's not to love?" You said admiring Mark while he played with Kylie. Kylie whispered something in Mark's and pointed to you shyly. He looked over at you and smiled. 

"No she's my friend." She whispered something else in his ear. 

"Yeah she is really pretty." You felt your face turn red. 

"She's a little shy at first but she'll get used to you in a little while." His sister said to you. 

"Are you ready?" Mark said.

"Yeah." You turned to his sister and she pulled you in a hug. "It was nice meeting you." 

"It was so nice meeting you too, (YN)." She then turned to Mark and gave him a hug. "She's a keeper. She's really nice." You heard a whisper to Mark. Mark looked at you still carrying Kylie. 

"Let's go" He said. You started walking towards the car. You got in the car and Mark put Kylie in the backseat. You watched at how cute Mark looked taking care of her. After putting on her seatbelt he walked to the drivers side and got in. 

"Are you excited?" You said looking back at Kylie. 

"YES!" She yelled with the biggest smile on her face. 

"Uncle Mark and Uncle Jackson always take me!" She said looking out the window excitedly. You and Mark started laughing. 

"She's so cute." You said to Mark.

"Yeah she is but she can be a pain in the sometimes." 

You guys arrived at the trampoline place. Kylie was yelling in the back. 

"Jackson transforms into a little kid for her whenever we come." Mark said while you guys walked towards the doors of the place. Mark held her hands while Kylie ran towards the doors. Mark looked back at you and laughed. 

"See I told you." He said pointing to her. You guys got inside and Mark paid. You insisted on paying since you were the one who said to come here. You didn't like how the girl at the front desk flirted with Mark. But Mark didn't pay any attention. He just picked her up and took your hand walking to one of the private places. 

"Yes! Our own room!" She said running to jump on the trampoline. Mark ran after her. 

"I'm gonna get you!" She screamed laughing and tried to run faster. You stood there watching. 

"Help me (YN)!" Kylie screamed running away from Mark to you. She hid behind your legs while Mark walked up to you smirking. You turned around and picked Kylie up and started running. 

You started jumping running while Mark ran after you. When you made a wrong turn and ended up against the wall. Kylie held on tighter screaming. You and Mark started laughing and Mark wrapped his arms around you guys and whispered "Gotcha" in your ear. 

You held in your breath remembering his lips and how they felt against your lips. Your heart beat faster. Kylie let go of you and started running away but you and Mark just stayed close together. 

He stared into your eyes while you stared into his. He lifted your chin to pull your head up more so he can kiss you. 

"Are you guys going to kiss!?" Kylie yelled. Mark pulled away while you backed up farther into the wall. 

"No. S-She just had something on her face." Mark said walking away. Kylie continued jumping away from you guys. You got off the wall and started jumping behind her. 

"Let's play a game" Kylie said holding up her hand for you to take it. 

"What game do you want to play?" You said holding onto her hand while you both jumped. Mark jumped on the other side. 

"Popcorn! Uncle Jackson always wins!" She said letting go of both your hands. She went and laid down on her back and held onto her legs. You started laughing. 

"Uncle Mark you jump! Me and (YN) will be the popcorn!" 

"Ok" You got in the same position like Kylie and Mark started jumping. He only did light jumps as to not cause her to fly across the room. To let Kylie win you let go of your legs. 

"I win!!" Kylie said getting up and dancing. 

"Your so good at this game!" You said pouting. Mark laughed at how cute you looked. Kylie walked over and placed both her hands on your cheeks. 

"Don't be sad! You'll win next time!" She said with the biggest smile. You couldn't help but crack a smile. She was just so cute. 

"Ok." You said getting up. 

"Ok now you and Uncle Mark can be the popcorn!" She said pulling Mark down to lay down. You both laughed looking at each other. Kylie tried her best to jump up and make you guys pop. Mark let go of his legs. 

"(YN) wins! I told you you'll win! Uncle Mark isn't good at this game." She said walking over to you giving you a big hug. 

She let go of you and started jumping around by herself. Mark stood up and extended his hand to help you up.

"Thank you." You took his hand and got up. He pulled you closer to him so your chests were touching. He quickly kissed you and pulled away. You looked at him and he bite his lip. He just turned around walking towards Kylie and leaving you standing there in shock. 

"Kylie I think it's times to go now." She looked at Mark and pouted. 

"Ok" She walked over to you and held her hands up for you to pick her up. You picked her up and she started playing with your hair. "Can we go get ice cream?" She asked pushing your hair away from your face. 

"Uncle Mark can we get ice cream?" You asked pouting. He walked up to you guys and shook his head yes. 

"Only if I get a big kiss." He said to Kylie. 

"Ok!" She said letting go of you and going to Mark. She pulled his head to her and gave him a big kiss on the cheek. And for an extra cuteness she hugged his neck. Mark stood there smiling really big with his eyes closed. You started laughing at how cute they were. Mark opened his eyes and looked at you. 

"Your next!" He said putting Kylie down. He started walking towards you smirking. 

"No that wasn't part of the plan. It was for Kylie to give you a kiss. Right Kylie?" You said backing away. 

"Yeah Uncle Mark you can't change it!" Kylie said laughing. 

"Ok." He winked at you and you rolled your eyes. You guys started leaving. Kylie in the middle holding both your hands. You look at your phone and see that it's 4 pm. You got to the car and Mark put Kylie in the backseat while you climbed into the passenger seat. He finished helping her put her seatbelt on and walked to the drivers side. 

You pulled your phone again and saw that you had 2 messages. One from Max and the other from Jade. 

From Max:
How are you today? 

From Jade: 
I GOT THE JOB! 

To Max: 
I'm good :) how's NYC? 

To Jade: 
CONGRATULATIONS!! Let's go out and celebrate! 

You put your phone down and decided to mess with Mark. He kissed you earlier and just turned around like nothing. 

You lightly pull his hand and interlock your fingers. You looked at him and he gulped staring straight ahead. You tried hard not to laugh at how stiff he was. 

You then started rubbing your thumb against his hand. He seemed to relax a little. He stopped at a red light. You started rubbing his arm up and down. You leaned into his ear. 

"Are you ok?" You whispered softly into his ear. He closed his eyes and looked like he was having trouble breathing. You went back into your seat and started laughing like crazy. 

He opened his eyes and looked at you confused. Then he smirked. 

"Your such a tease." He said laughing. You stuck out your tongue and looked out the window.