Morning Routine

Break Ups to New Loves

 

You wake up to the sunlight hitting your face. You squint and stretch out your arms. You stop when your elbow collides with something next to you and you jump up looking around at the unfamiliar bedroom. 

Once you look down at what you hit you realized where you were. Mark had only stirred a little in his sleep but remained with his arm around your waist. 

You smiled and tried to slowly pull his arm away from your waist. As you picked it up his arm started getting heavier and you were pulled closer to him. You start laughing as you realized he was awake. 

"Hitting me in the face then trying to leave. I don't think so." He says in a raspy voice laughing. He pulled you in closer. 

"I'm sorry. I forgot you were here." You say turning around to face him. He still had his eyes closed. 

"It's ok" He says. You place your hand on his cheek and rub your thumb against his skin. He tilts his head a little and kisses your palm. You smile and snuggle closer to him. 

After a couple minutes you hear some noises and you both jump up. 

"She's probably awake." Mark says pulling off the covers and running towards the door. You laugh and pull back the covers. You get up and start walking towards the door. 

Mark left the door open so as you walked towards the door you see Kylie running laughing while Mark was chasing after her. 

"Kylie!" You hear him yell as he runs passed you. You start laughing and decide to go the other way to catch her. 

You hear some noises and yells coming from downstairs. As you stood there waiting you forgot there were two pairs of stairs to go downstairs. 

You run down the stairs closest to you and join in the chase to catch Kylie. She was in the living room now running around the couch. You ran towards the living room and stood in front of her to catch her. 

She saw you there and stopped knowing she lost. Mark grabs her from behind and picks her up. As he was holding her you noticed something weird about her face. You walk closer to examine it. 

"I found her in the bathroom putting on make up." He says rolling his eyes. 

"Just like my mommy." You start laughing and take Kylie from him. 

"Let's get you cleaned up" You say walking towards the door to leave the room. Turning around you say. "Mark do you want to start making breakfast?" 

"Yeah." He says walking towards the kitchen. Mark looked like a tired parent. You wanted to laugh but kept it in knowing it wasn't the time to make jokes. 

"Let's go little missy." You said to Kylie as you walked towards the bathroom.

-------------------------------

"Thank you so much for watching Kylie! I know she could be a handful." Mark's sister said to you guys. 

"Of course not she wasn't a handful at all." You said smiling. After the make up incident in the morning Kylie was on her best behavior. You guys played different things to keep her occupied and not making trouble. 

"Did you have fun Kylie?" She said picking her up. 

"Yes! Can they come again!?" She asked. 

"Yeah next time." She says. 

"Well we gotta go." Mark says. "Bye Kylie." He says kissing her on the cheek. 

"Bye uncle Mark!" She says kissing his cheek. 

"Bye Kylie." You say. She puts out her hands so she can hug you. You move closer and she gives you a big kiss on the cheek. 

"Bye Auntie!" You start laughing and move away. 

"She must really like you." Mark's sister says. She nods and smiles really big. 

"Good night." You say moving back. 

"Good night! Thanks again!" She says closing the door. 

"So do you want to go to that party?" Mark says looking at you. 

"Ok if you want to." He nods and opens the door for you. 

"Jackson said it's crazy fun. It's in one of those big houses with those big backyards." 

"Really? Then we have to go!" You say laughing. 

You haven't been to a party since that day you met Mark. You kind of missed them. You and Jake would always go to them. But with Mark it was different. You guys just hung out and just spent time together. 

He walked around and came to the drivers side. 

"Yeah. He said everyone's there. Did Jade text you?" You shook your head. 

"No why she's there too?" You say looking down at your phone. 

"Jackson said they went together." 

"Oh. I guess because we never go so she didn't ask." 

"We sound like those married couples that don't go out to parties anymore." He says laughing. You laughed along but it was true. 

You really did miss them but you didn't want to hurt Mark. He was different from Jake. A lot different but you were used to Jake because you guys were the same and went out for a long time. 

Jake really didn't stay over as much as Mark. He would put his friends before you. That's why you chose Mark. But right now at this moment you weren't sure of your decision. 

It's not like Mark hurt you or made you feel bad about yourself. He was the perfect boyfriend. But looking back it's always the same routine everyday. 

Mark starts the car pulling you back out of your thoughts. 

"Your ready?" You nod and force a smile. 

------------- 

Sorry it took me so long! I'll try to update the next chapter soon! 

What do you guys think will happen at the party?