Decisions

Break Ups to New Loves

His lips on yours felt so right but so wrong at the same time. You lightly push him back. 

"I'm sorry." You say closing your eyes and biting your lip. He lightly placed his forehead onto yours.  

"No I'm sorry." He says sighing. You felt his breath on your face. Opening your eyes you look into his eyes. He was staring at you intently. "I'm sorry for treating you wrong. You deserve someone so much better but I'm too selfish to let you go." 

"Jake." You say touching his cheek. He shook his head. 

"I don't want to be the one that always makes you miserable anymore." 

"I was happy with you." You say rubbing his cheek with your thumb. Just then your phone started ringing. Jake pulls away from you and looks over in the direction of your phone. 

"I'm going to go we're going to be late to class." He says waiting for you to move away from the door. You look at your phone and back at him. 

"Ok I guess I'll see you in class." You move away and walk towards your phone. 

"Yeah." He says opening the door and walking out. You could still hear Jade's music from her room. 

Hopefully she didn't hear anything so you didn't have to explain anything to her. You pick up your phone to one missed call from your brother. You call him back. 

"Hey." Max says on the third ring. 

"Hey." You say sitting down on your bed. You had your head in your hands.

"Are you ok?" He asks. You smile and start acting like your ok. 

"Yeah! Why wouldn't I be?" 

"Oh I don't know you sounded really sad." You hear him laugh at the other end. 

"No I'm ok." You say trying to sound really happy. But it didn't work. You took a deep breath and started crying. 

"(YN)!? What's wrong?" Max says on the other end. You start telling him everything and lay down in your bed. You look at the clock and it read 11:45. You really didn't feel like going to class. Jade had already left for her class that was at 12. 

"Ok so then he's letting you go." Max said. 

"Yeah but I don't know if I want to let him go." You say taking in a deep breath. You closed your eyes. 

"What about Mark? You can't just lead him on all the time. If I was you I would go with Mark and forget about Jake. Your only feeling this way because you've been with him for so long that you still have feelings for him and he was your first love. That's ok but there's a great guy who's waiting for you. Jakes not that guy for you." 

"Your right. I just don't know. I think I need today just to relax without anyone." 

"Yeah you just need a day to yourself. Don't worry too much and just let your heart guide you to the right person." You start laughing. 

"Max what would I do without you?" He starts laughing on the other end. 

"You wouldn't have an awesome brother to help you with everything." 

"I know. Thank you!" You say playing with the necklace Max gave you. 

"Ok." He says to someone on the other end. "My roommate wants to go out to eat so I'll talk to you later! Bye!" 

"Bye!" You say and click the END button on your phone. You emailed your teacher saying you weren't feeling good and wouldn't be attending class today. You just wanted to stay home today. 

You put your phone down and closed your eyes. You had 4 hours to relax until work. 

------------------------

You hear buzzing and slowly open your eyes. You look around in the darkness. How long had you slept for? You thought to yourself. 

You look down at your phone and see the time was 3:10. You put your phone down not wanting to look at the text messages you had. 

After getting ready for work you go open your bedroom door to a quiet apartment. You decide to look at the messages while walking towards to the door. 

From Max: 
I asked that girl out and she said yes. 

From Jade: 
Hey I saw you were sleeping and didn't wanna wake you I'm out with Mark and Jackson. 

From Jake:
Are you ok? You didn't come to class 

To Max: 
Congrats big brother! 

To Jade: 
Have fun! :) 

You didn't text Jake back just wanting some time away from him. Everything seemed confusing but had a simple solution. You thought you had everything fixed but it kept spiraling out of control. 

-------------

"It's time to close!" Your uncle yelled from the back. You look at the clock on the wall. It was 11:30 pm. 

"Ok!" You say and start walking towards his office. "Same time tomorrow?" 

"No it's fine you can take tomorrow off. You look a little stressed out." He says putting his arm around your shoulders and pulling you in for a hug. You hug him back and close your eyes. 

"Schools getting to me." You lied. The whole time you kept thinking of a decision. You felt like you needed to let one guy go but you weren't sure which one. 

"And that's why you need a break!" He says laughing. "You can ask for days off you know? I won't get mad." 

"I know but I like working." You say smiling up at him. 

"I know I know but you gotta relax sometimes kiddo." He says moving away from you. "So no work tomorrow." He says walking to his desk. "Good night." 

"Good night!" You say walking away. You walk to your car and get in. Turning on the engine you sat in your car just thinking. You close your eyes and lean back into your chair. Music played on the radio while you just kept thinking. 

The only place you felt at peace was the your secret area in the park. You opened your eyes and knew you had to go there. 

-------------------

You finally reach the park and cut off the engine. It was already dark but a bright light came from the moon. You were a little reluctant on getting out of the car but you did so anyways. 

Opening the car door you came out and closed the door behind you. You slide your phone in your back pocket and start walking towards your secret place with your keys in your hand. 

The park was quiet except the noises that came from nature. Nobody else was around. You walked on the trail to your secret place for a couple minutes. 

When you finally reached it you sat down looking out at the water. The moonlight hit the water creating a beautiful scene in front of you. 

You sat down just admiring the beauty of nature. Being here in the park always helped you with your final decisions. 

Before making important decisions you always came here and just relaxed. Your secret place was far away from the trail people took but close to the water so you could admire it. 

You took a deep breath and knew what to do. You got up and started walking towards the parking lot. You smiled to yourself finally feeling like a weight has been lifted from your shoulders. You pulled out your phone from your back pocket. 

You went through your contacts and clicked on the name. Hopefully they weren't sleeping. 

"Hello?" A groggy voice answered. 

"Can we meet up?" 

 

--------------------------

Thank you for reading! And thank you for your positive comments! :) I'm glad you guys like my story.

So I'm just curious who do you guys think she called? Which guy would you choose? Jake or Mark?