Morning

Break Ups to New Loves

How did you end up like this? Jake in your arms while you both laid in your bed. You've been like this since you came home from your "date" with Mark which was hours ago. Jake cried the whole time and just fell asleep. Mark called and texted you but you turned off your phone knowing Jake needed you. 

You look down to the sleeping boy in your arms. He looked so peaceful after hours of crying. Him and his grandmother were very close so you knew this was the hardest on him. 

You sighed and look over to your phone on your bed. You slowly move a little to grab it. Holding it in your hands you turn it on. 

*20 new messages* *3 missed calls* 

You scroll through your messages and it was a mix from Mark, Jade, your brother, and your uncle. Your uncle telling you your schedule for the rest of the week. 

From Mark: 

-I'm home! Did you get home safe? 

-Jackson scared me when I walked in. Did you hear a scream? Lol 

You sighed again and put your phone down. You didn't want to text him back with another man in your arms. Especially since he's your on and off again ex boyfriend. 

The clock read 4 am. You had class at 1 tomorrow with Jake. You needed to go to bed but you couldn't. It felt so wrong. You wanted to start fresh and here you were holding Jake. You closed your eyes hoping you could fall asleep. 

-------------
You woke up to the sunlight hitting your face. You look over at the clock and it read 10:35 am. You look around feeling something heavy on your stomach. 

Jake. 

You slowly try to wake him up without him making any loud noises. If Jade finds out she'll be really pissed at you. Especially because Mark is her best friend. 

He opens his eyes slowly but couldn't open them all the way due to them being swollen. He looks up at you and tries to smile. 

"Good morning." He says rubbing his eyes. "Did I hurt you last night?" 

"No." You put your finger on your lips as you hear someone walking down the hallway. Your eyes open wide and you look down at Jake. 

Jake looks at you confused. You start pointing to your closet. He nods and starts quickly walking towards it. He closes the door just as Jade opens yours. 

"Oh your awake." She says smiling. Her eyes wonder around the room and stops at something on the floor. "Why do you have Jake's boots?" She says laughing pointing to them. 

Your heart stops while your head is clouded with trying to find an excuse. 

"Jake left them here last time he slept over for a week. Remember?" You say smiling while your heart raced. 

"Oh yeah! You have to give him all his stuff back. You don't want Mark seeing it." She says smiling. Then she runs towards you and sits on the bed with an even bigger smile. "How was the date yesterday!?" 

You look over at your closet door knowing Jake was listening. 

"It was fun." You say thinking back to what happened yesterday. 

"Did he ask you out or to hang out again!?" She stopped and looked at you. "Did you text him back last night because he texted me asking if you were ok." She was at the library last night trying to do an essay. 

"Oh no that reminds me." You say picking up your phone. You quickly text back. 

To Mark: 

-Sorry my phone died and I forgot to charge it last night. That was you with that girlish scream? Lol

You put your phone down and smile at Jade. You look at the time. 

"Well I guess I gotta get ready for class." You get off the bed and walk out to the bathroom. You needed to get out of there before she asks anymore questions about the date last night with Mark. Jake didn't need to hear it. 

You quickly washed your face and brushed your teeth. Fixing your hair a little you walk out of the bathroom. You walk past Jade's room. Jade was in her room with her music blasting through her speakers. 

You walk in and close and lock your door. It felt weird because you and Jade were always open. 

You walk over to the closet and open it. Jake was sitting on the floor. 

"I'm sorry." You say walking towards him. You sit down next to him. He doesn't even turn to you just keeps his gaze at the clothes in front of him. You just want to lightly run your fingers through like you always did. But you couldn't. 

"Jake." You say moving closer to him. He finally looks at you and just glares at you. 

"When is Jade leaving so I can go?" He says coldly to you. "I shouldn't have came here." He says getting up. You get up and block his way. 

"What do you mean? I didn't do anything wrong! Why are you getting mad?" 

"We just broke up and your already dating someone else!" He yells. 

"We're not dating! We just hung out yesterday because we both had off!" You yell back. 

"Then what was Jade saying? Asking you these questions about you guys dating and stuff!?" You roll your eyes and look at the clothes in your closet.

"Because she hates you and wants me to date Mark!" You say looking up at him. "You always do stuff like this!"

"Stuff like what?" He says looking at you. "Like coming to you when I need help? I was always there for you when you needed me!" You laughed and shook your head. 

"You were never there for me when I needed you!" You yelled really loudly back. He looked taken back. "All those times I needed you, you were always out with your friends!" You say pushing him away from you. You walked out of the closet and towards his shoes. You grab them and throw them in front of him. 

"Just take your shoes and go! I don't care if Jade sees you anymore." You say opening your door. Just as your about to walk out Jake pulls your hand and pushes you lightly against the door so you could close it. 

"I'm sorry." He says and lightly traces your face with his fingers. He puts a piece of your hair behind your ear and moves closer to you. His face just inches away from yours. "I'm sorry." He says and places his lips on yours.