Late Night Conversations

Break Ups to New Loves

 

"Can I just walk you halfway to your house?" You say to Mark. He gives you a serious look. 

"(YN), I'm a big boy." You both start laughing. 

"Please! I don't want you walking by yourself." 

"But I don't want you walking by yourself back." He said putting your behind your hair. "Here let me call you so we can be on the phone. Is that ok?" 

"Fine." You both walk over to the door. You open the door and Mark hugs you. 

"Goodnight." You both say. He walks past you and starts walking. You watch out your door as Mark walked down the hallway. 

You were watching him until he turned the corner at the end of the hall. You walked inside your apartment and your phone started vibrating. You ran to it and saw Mark's name pop up. 

"Finally! I thought something happened to you!" You joked. 

"Ha ha very funny!" Mark said laughing. You walk into your bedroom and laid down. 

"So where are you now?" 

"I'm by that street light between our apartments. Where are you?" 

"Laying down on my bed." You start playing with your pen that was on your bed.

"Mark!" You heard someone say on the other end. 

"Hey Chelsea!" You hear Mark say. "How are you?" 

"I'm good. Oh sorry I didn't know you were on the phone." You hear the girl say. 

"No it's ok. Don't worry about it." 

"We so have to hang out! I miss hanging out with you." You could just picture the girl pouting at Mark. You started feeling weird. It was jealousy.

"Sorry I've been super busy with school and work." 

"Oh ok just text me whenever your free!" 

"Yeah I will. I'll see you around." 

"Ok bye." You hear some shuffling. You guessed they were hugging. 

"Sorry about that." Mark says to you. 

"It's ok. So where are you now?" 

"(YN)" You hear Mark whisper. You sat up on your bed. 

"What?" You whisper back. 

"I think someone's following me." Then you hear him scream. You jump up out of your bed. 

"MARK!" You were about to start running to your door. Then you heard laughing. "You're such a jerk!" You say holding your heart. 

"I'm sorry! I couldn't resist!" He said still laughing like crazy. "1-1" 

"Bye!" You sat on your bed with your arms crossed pouting. 

"No no please don't hang up! I'm sorry!" You couldn't be mad at him because his laugh was so cute. 

"I was about to run outside for you! Stupid!" 

"Really?" 

"Yeah!" 

"You really care about me that much?" 

"Of course. Why else would I be on the phone with you while you walked home alone in the dark?"

"Good because I feel the same way about you." You started smiling really big. 

"Really?" 

"Who are you talking to?" You jump up and see Jade leaning on your doorframe with her arms crossed smiling. 

"Mark." 

"Yeah?" Mark says. You start laughing. 

"No Jade's asking me who I'm talking to." 

"Oh." He starts laughing. "I thought you had to tell me something." 

"Just go out already!" Jade yells and walks away. You roll your eyes and laugh.

"What did she say?" 

"She's saying for us to go out already." 

"She's funny." 

"I know." 

"I just got home...." You pouted not wanting to hang up. 

"Do you wanna go?" 

"No." You started smiling really big. Taking your silence as something bad he says. "But if you want to we can hang up." 

"No no I want to keep talking."

--------------

You guys spend the rest of the night talking about school and random things up until 4 am. 

"Mark it's already 4!" You say looking at the clock. "Do you have class today?" 

"No I don't have classes Tuesdays. Do you?" 

"No. Are you tired?" 

"Yeah but I don't want to hang up." He said. Your cheeks hurt from smiling so much. 

"Me neither. How about this. We'll hang up go to sleep and hang out later on today?" 

"Ok that's a good plan." 

"Goodnight Mark." 

"You mean morning" Mark says laughing. You start laughing and shake your head. 

"Good morning Mark!" 

"Good morning (YN)" Silence followed. You slowly closed your eyes with the phone still by your ear.

----------- 

You woke up to Jade laughing loudly. You rubbed your eyes and get up. So you wouldn't have another repeat of last Sunday you walked into the bathroom and got ready before walking to your living room. 

"Good morning sunshine!" Jade says walking towards you. You glare at her while she pulls you in for a hug. 

"What time is it?" You say looking over at the tv. 

"It's 11 am! What time did you go to bed last night?" She says with a smirk. 

"Ugh. I'm so tired. I went to sleep at 4!" You say pouting. She starts poking your stomach. 

"Yeah cause you were talking to Mark!" You move past her and walk to your bedroom. You both fell asleep without hanging up. "What's wrong?" She asks following you. 

"Nothing I just didn't check my phone when I woke up." You pick up your phone and see that there are no  messages or calls. You pout looking up at Jade. 

"Mark didn't text you?" Jade said pouting too. 

"No." 

"Maybe he'll text you later on." 

"Yeah." You look past her and remembered his conversation with that girl last night. "He probably has plans with this girl that he was talking to last night." She glares at you.

"Your crazy because he seriously likes you a lot!" She grabs onto your arm. "Maybe he's sleeping." She said smiling. "Let me text him and see if he texts back." 

"But I didn't text him. I thought he'd text me good morning or ask to hang out." She gives you a look. 

"I thought you texted him and he didn't text back!" She starts laughing and lightly slaps you on the arm. 

Just then your phone vibrated in your hands. You both freeze and Jade runs right next to you to see what your phone said. 

From Mark: 
Good morning :) Don't make any plans I'm taking you out today. 

Jade starts squealing and holds on to your arm. You stood there smiling really big. 

"I didn't know my best friend was so cute! Just go out with him already!" 

"Jade I just broke up with Jake a couple days ago. I don't want to rush into another relationship. Especially with Mark because I don't want to break his heart." She glares at you. 

"Whatever you say." She says rolling her eyes. "So I'm guessing your not going?" 

"Of course I'm going but we hang out like friends not like lovers." 

"Sure because friends kiss?" She said laughing. You ignore her and text back Mark. 

To Mark:
Ok :) I can't wait!