The Kiss

Break Ups to New Loves

 

 

You guys got to the park at around 8. The place was packed with couples or groups of friends. Jade and Jackson sat close to the screen. You hated sitting so close but Jade loved it.

"Mark do you want to sit right here?" You said pointing to a spot in the middle. 

"Ok" He put down the blanket so you both can sit down. You sat down and opened a bag of skittles. "Have you seen this movie?" He said popping a skittle in his mouth. 

"No have you?" You put a skittle in your mouth. 

"Nope" He said shaking his head cutely. You started laughing and he looked at you through his hair smiling. 

"What's so funny?" You put your hand on his cheek. 

"You look so cute shaking your head like that" You ruffled his hair. 

"Like this?" He said shaking his head even more. You covered your mouth laughing. 

"Yes exactly like that!" You said in between breaths. He started laughing eating another skittle. He put his head back and tried to catch a skittle in his mouth. But it hit his cheek and fell on the blanket. He looked over at you pouting. 

"I can do it" You said doing the same thing. The skittle hit your forehead and fell on the ground. He started laughing. 

"Try again" He handed you another skittle. You tried again and it actually went into your mouth. 

"Yes!" You said. "Now you try" You handed him a skittle. He threw the skittle up and it landed perfectly in his mouth. He smiled and looked at you cutely. You took a skittle and threw it at him. He looked at you with his mouth open shocked. You stuck out your tongue and threw another one. He started laughing and tried to get a skittle out of the bag. 

You tried to grab the bag from him. You ended up on top of him trying to get the bag but his arms were longer than yours so you couldn't reach for it. He had one hand holding your waist while the other extended behind his head. You kept trying to reach while Mark laughed under you. You then heard a cough and you both looked up. Jackson stood there with his arms crossed. 

"If you two love birds would be so kind to pass me the sour patch kids under you" You both looked at each other and moved away from each other. You took the sour patch kids and gave it to him. 

"Thank you" he said and walked away. You could feel your face turn red. You look over at Mark with his face red too. 

"The movies starting" He said pointing to the screen. You sat down next to him and you both watched the movie. 

During the movie you couldn't help but steal glances at Mark. He was perfect. You looked at his eyes, nose, lips and then your eyes trailed up to his hair. His hair was so soft. You wanted to run your fingers through it. Mark coughed and leaned over to you. You looked away quickly.  

"Can you pass me some skittles?" He whispered into your ear. You held your breath and closed your eyes feeling his breath right on your neck. You gulped and opened your eyes. Taking a handful of skittles you turned to him. He was so close to you. You moved closer to him. You saw him gulp and you connect your lips. You let go of the skittles and grabbed onto his head to pull him closer. You closed your eyes and he was stiff. Then his lips started moving with yours. His lips were as soft as you imagined them to be. One of his hands went to your waist. While your hands were running through his hair. His hair was so soft. You guys were so into kissing that you forgot to breath. 

You pulled apart slowly to breath. Mark stared at you trying to catch his breath but his eyes never leaving yours. He put his hand on your chin and pulled you in again for a kiss. You kissed him back and could help the butterflies from floating around in your stomach. Kissing him felt so right and you felt on cloud 9. Unlike with Jake. Thinking of his name you pulled away quickly. Mark opened his eyes and looked at you with concern. 

"I'm sorry." And then it hit him to he turned around quickly and kept his eyes on the movie. You just cheated on Jake with Mark. You felt so bad because they were both such great guys. 

For the remainder of the movie you just sat there thinking about everything. You were stuck between two decisions and you didn't like it. The movie ended and everyone started leaving pulling you out of your thoughts. You look over at Mark and he was looking at you.  

"I'm sorry" He said looking down. You put your hand on his cheek. 

"Why are you sorry when I'm the one that kissed you?" He looked up at you and your heart started beating faster. 

"I should have stopped you but I kissed you back." 

"Mark" You said rubbing your thumb over his cheek. You leaned in and gave him one kiss on the cheek this time. "I don't regret it and you shouldn't either. I'm sorry I just have to figure some stuff out." You said smiling. You pulled your hand away just in time to see Jade and Jackson walking towards you guys hand in hand. 

"Who's the love birds now?" You said getting up. 

"Whatever!" They said still walking towards the car. You looked over at Mark and laughed. 

"They're crazy" You said and walked away. Mark caught up to you and walked next to you.

Driving in the car you could tell something was going on between Jackson and Jade. You stayed quiet and would talk to Jade later on. You pulled out your phone and texted your mom that you'll be sleeping over here tonight.

You guys got to the apartments. And got out of the car.

"I have work tomorrow so I'm going to go" Jackson said pouting. 

"Mark you can come over if you want?" Jade said hugging Jackson. He looked over at her and shook his head. 

"I'll come over tomorrow. I'm really sleepy." He said. Jade pouted and looked down. 

"Ok" Jackson and Jade started messing around leaving you and Mark just standing there. 

"Do you want to hang out tomorrow?" You said looking at Mark. 

"Yeah" he said looking at you. 

"Let's go Mark!" Jackson said and started running towards there apartment. 

"I'll see you tomorrow then" Mark said smiling and hugging you. 

"Yeah" he started walking away and you yelled his name. He turned around and looked you. "I don't have your number" He walked up to you laughing. You exchanged numbers and he waved walking away. You smiled really big and you felt someone tug your arm. 

"There's something definitely going on between you two and I like it!" Jade said while you guys walked. 

"Don't even! There's something going on between you and Jackson! I saw you guys." 

"There's nothing but I saw that kiss" She said winking at you. You felt your face turn so red. You covered your face. "Actually it was more than a kiss it was more like a make out!" She yelled laughing. 

"I hate you!" You said walking into your apartment. "I don't know what to do" You fell down face first into the couch. 

"Just go with what your heart tells you to do." She sat down next to your playing with your hair. "If it was my decision I would go with Mark. I've known Mark for a long time and he's seriously the sweetest guy ever!" 

"Ugh!  Why does life have to be so hard" You pouted looking up. "I cheated on Jake with Mark. What am I supposed to tell Jake?" 

"I don't blame you. Mark is hot." She said fanning herself. You started laughing. 

"Help me" You moved closer to her and pulled on her arm pouting. Your phone started ringing and you froze. It was definitely Jake. 

"Hello?" You look at Jade and she mouthed Tell him!

"Hey babe. What are you doing?" Jade moved her head close to yours so she can hear him. 

"Jake we need to talk." You took a deep breath waiting for him to answer. 

"About?" 

"Us" 

"Oh. You know how I feel about you so there's really nothing to talk about. I told you I'll change and I'm trying to..." Before he could say anything else you cut him off. 

"I kissed another guy."