Hero

Break Ups to New Loves

You reach the party and its packed with people. 

 
"Wow I've never been to a party so packed before." You say looking around. 
 
"Me neither." Mark says parking the car. You both get out of the car and walk hand in hand towards the house. Mark's phone vibrates and he picks it up. 
 
"Where are you?" Mark asks. You heard the other person talking but it was too low to make out what they were saying. "Ok I'll see you there." He hangs up and looks at you. 
 
"Jackson's in the back and Jade's inside." 
 
"Oh ok. Then I'll go inside and you can stay outside." You say letting go of his hand. He looked kind of hurt by what you said but you didn't want him to stay with you 24/7. 
 
"Ok. Text me when you want to leave." You nod and walk into the house. Just like the outside, the house is packed. You walk around trying to find Jade. 
 
As you searched you finally find her sitting on the couch talking to some people. You walk up to her and she smiles really big and runs up to hug you. 
 
"Hey!" She screams. 
 
"Hey!" You scream back. She lets go of you and looks at you. 
 
"Where's Mark?" 
 
"He's outside with Jackson." You say. 
 
"Oh. Why do you look annoyed?" She asks with furrowed eyebrows.
 
"I'm not annoyed." You say faking a smile. She glares at you. 
 
"Whatever. You'll tell me later anyways so you can pretend nothing's wrong now." You roll your eyes and laugh. 
 
"I'm really not annoyed." You try to sound believable so you don't make her worried. She rolls her eyes and shrugs. 
 
"Ok then. Let's go party." 
 
---------------------
 
It's been an hour and you guys were sitting around telling stories with people from your campus. You drank a little but you weren't drunk. You still had control over everything you did. 
 
"No like this one time I was late to class....." You looked around to see if you saw Mark or Jackson. Jade was sitting next to you and looks over at you. 
 
"What's wrong?" She whispers. 
 
"Nothing." You say and smile. "I was just wondering where Mark and Jackson were." She rolls her eyes. 
 
"You guys are inseparable. How don't you get bored of each other?" She laughs taking a sip out of her drink. 
 
"I don't know." You drink out of your drink and go back to listening to the kids story. 
 
As he finishes you hear people screaming outside. You furrow your eyebrows and people start running outside. 
 
"What's going on?" Someone says. 
 
"A fight." Another person answers and people start going outside. 
 
You had the worst feeling as you heard people talking. 'Please don't let it be Jake or Mark' you prayed in your head. You walk through the house until you end up outside. You look around and there's a bunch of people in a circle screaming and yelling. 
 
You run towards it. You push passed people to get a better look. Your heart drops as you see Mark and Jake in the middle of the circle. 
 
"STOP!" You scream as you walk closer to them. You see Jackson trying to get in between and keep them apart but he couldn't. Another guy comes and helps pull them apart. Luckily by the look of it they really didn't get too into the fight. 
 
As they were pulled away from each other people started going back to the party. You run up to Mark. 
 
"What happened!?" You say searching his face for any cuts or bruises. He just looked down at the ground and not at you. Jackson stood by you guys and then started slowly leaving. 
 
"I'll leave you two alone." He said before he disappeared. You watched him go and then brought your attention back to Mark. 
 
"Why are you ignoring me?" You say picking up your hand to his face. He moves away from your grasp. "Why don't you say something?" 
 
"Because I'm a coward." You look at him with a confused look. 
 
"What?" 
 
"I couldn't even fight him for you. The worst part is that he's drunk." You laugh and pull him towards you. 
 
"Mark you're such an idiot but I love you. What did he even say or do?" 
 
"He was calling you a ." This time you didn't even laugh. You pulled away and he holds on to your arm. "Just let it go I tried fighting him. There's no point he's drunk." You contemplate it for a second and you know Marks right. 
 
"Thank you." You say and lean up to kiss him. "My knight in shining armor." You say smiling as you look at him. He starts laughing. 
 
"Can we not talk about this? It's really embarrassing." 
 
"What!? Mark you stood up to Jake. He's stronger than you but you had the courage to stick up for me. So you are my hero." He looks at you and smiles. "Do you want to leave now? I think we had enough excitement for one day." You say laughing. 
 
"Yeah I think we should." He says taking your hand in his. 
 
"Are you sure your not hurt anywhere?" 
 
"I'm not hurt." You look at him not believing it. 
 
"Ok whatever you say." You say shrugging your shoulders. You lead him away towards the cars.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
So I think I will be ending this story soon. I'll probably do two or three more chapters and that's it. Sorry for taking so long to update!