Late Night Cuddling

Break Ups to New Loves

Waiting in your apartment parking lot your heart pounded. The clock was ticking while you waited for him to show up. The clock read 1 am. Your hands were sweating in your lap. 

You looked down rubbing them together just to stop your nerves. There was a knock on your window that made you jump. You look up to see Mark. He looks at you smiling. You smile back and open the door climbing out. 

"What's wrong? Why did you wanna meet at..." You cut him off by kissing him. He was stiff at first not expecting you to just kiss him but then relaxed into the kiss. 

Kissing him felt right. It was different from Jake's. His lips fit perfectly with yours. He wrapped his arms around your waist while your arms went around his neck pulling each other closer. 

You pulled away laughing. You guys just stood there looking at each other. 

"Do you want to come sleep over tonight?" You say placing a hand on his cheek. 

"Um... does that mean I get to cuddle with you all night?" He says putting his forehead against yours. You smiled and felt your heart beat so fast. 

"Maybe." You say smirking. "It could be a mix of cuddling and kissing." 

"Oh that sounds better. I'm in" He says kissing you lightly on the lips. You pull away and take his hand in yours. He interlocks his fingers with yours and you start walking to your apartment. 

"What about Jade?" Mark says. You look at him and laugh shrugging your shoulders. 

"It's not like we're going to do anything bad." You say winking. You both start laughing. 

-----------------------

You guys laid there looking at each other. 

"Mark." You say closing your eyes. "I chose you. That's why I called so late." He put his hand on your cheek and started rubbing his thumb on it. 

"What do you mean?" 

"Jake confused things between us but I've realized that your the one for me not him." You kissed him. He pulled away. 

"I'm confused. How did Jake confuse things between us?" He looked up at the ceiling and not at you. 

"He kissed me and poured out his feelings. He was my first love so it was hard for me to just let him go but I did." You placed your hands on his face for him to look at you. He looked at you and you inched closer not knowing if he was mad or not. He connected your lips. 

"Do you want to know something crazy?" Mark said when he pulled away. 

"Yes." You say laying your head on his chest. 

"Ever since the first day I saw you in class I had a crush on you." You look up at him. "I was going to come up to you one day in class and ask you a stupid question just to talk to you but I found out you had a boyfriend so I backed away." He kept staring at you while he confessed. 

"Really? You should have still came up to me." He gave you a look and laughed. 

"If it was you in my position you would have still approached me?" You laughed and shook your head. 

"Never mind." You said smiling. He laughed and touched your face. You laid your hands on his chest while you held your head up with your chin. "Go on." 

"Since freshman year you guys would always break up then get back together. The first time you guys broke up I thought I had a chance so I planned out this whole thing and then the next day I saw you two walking around." You could see the pain when he talked. 

"So after that I stopped trying to talk to you. It's funny because I never knew you lived so close to me this whole time." You both laughed. 

"Then I saw you that one day in the woods and you were just sitting there crying so I knew that jerk broke your heart again. I wanted to be the guy to make you happy and not hurt you. I was going to keep walking and leave you alone but I couldn't. It hurt me to see you cry and all because Jake doesn't treat you right." You lean up and kiss him. 

"I'm glad you came to talk to me. Even though I was a mess I liked how you actually cared and stayed for me." You say touching his face. 

"I'll always be here for you." He says smiling. 

"Good because I'll always be here for you." You say smiling back. You look over at the time. It was 3 am. "We should go to sleep but I don't want to. I like staying up and talking to you." He smiles. 

"How about this? We cuddle and fall asleep and then tomorrow do the same thing? But we can do it at my apartment if you want." 

"Deal." You say turning around. He comes up behind you and wraps his arm around your waist.