Sunday Night

Break Ups to New Loves

 

You guys got to an ice cream place and walked inside. 

"What kind of ice cream do you like?" Mark asked you while you looked at the different flavors. You both stood holding Kylie's hand. 

"I want the bubblegum flavor!!!" Kylie yelled. You both looked down and laughed at how cute she was being. 

"Ok and (YN)?" 

"I'll just have the cookies and cream." You said pointing to the ice cream. He told the lady what you guys wanted. 

"The bubblegum is for me!" She said to the lady pointing to herself with a big smile on her face. The lady laughed. 

"That's your favorite flavor?" The lady asked. 

"Yes!" She said shaking her head up and down. 

"Your daughter is so cute." The lady said to you and Mark. You both looked at each other and laughed. 

"Oh n.." Before Mark could finish you cut him off. 

"Thank you." You bent down and picked up Kylie and held her on your hip. You look at Mark and he just smiled at you. 

"Here you guys go enjoy your ice cream!" She handed you guys your ice creams 

"Thank you." Mark held the ice creams while you carried Kylie towards the tables. 

The table you chose was a small square by the window. You liked to look outside at the people passing by. You and Jade would always make up scenarios of where they are going or coming from. Sitting down Mark sat across from you while Kylie sat next to you. Kylie sat there excitedly moving her legs back and forth. You couldn't help but laugh at how cute she was. 

"We made such a cute daughter." You laughed ruffling Kylie's hair.

"Of course with my good looks." He said winking. You laughed at his comment.

"You hang out with Jackson too much!" He started laughing. 

"Of course I live with him." 

"I miss Uncle Jackson. He is so funny!" Kylie said putting another spoonful of ice cream in .

"He is." You and Mark say at the same time. You both looked at each other and smiled. You felt your cheeks start heating up so you look down quickly. 

After a couple minutes of eating you guys were done and walked out. You look over at Kylie and she's yawning.  

"My sister just texted me saying that she's gonna be home late. Do you want me to drop you off at your apartment?" You look at your phone and it was 6pm. 

"No I'll stay with you. I can wake up for class tomorrow." 

"Are you sure?" 

"Yeah." He smiled and looked down. You got to the car and got in. The car ride was quiet because Kylie fell asleep in the backseat. You looked out the window admiring the beautiful city that passed by. The Victorian houses that you passed were gorgeous. In the future you want to move in one big Victorian house with your future husband. In the middle of your daydream of your future you felt a hand slowly interlock their fingers with yours. You look up from your hands and Mark is looking at you with a concerned look. 

"Are you ok?" 

"Yeah I was just daydreaming." You whispered. Feeling embarrassed you look away. Mark got to his sisters house. 

"I'll just take her into her room." He whispered carrying her upstairs. "You can sit in the living room I'll be right down." 

You look straight ahead and see couches. You towards it and the house decor was a simple family house something you would see in a movie or tv show. Pictures hung up on the walls of people smiling and hugging. You looked at the pictures while you walked down the hall. You stop at one picture of Mark and Jackson. You start giggling at how cute they looked. They were sledding down a hill. Jackson on the top of the hill doing a funny pose while Mark hugged Jackson from behind with a cheesy smile. You stepped away and continued walking.

Walking into the living room it was a small room. It had a huge bookcase on one side with different books in it. And on the other side a flat screen tv. On the floor it had some toys scattered around on the rug. In between the bookcase facing the tv were couches. You sat down on one of the couches and waited for Mark. About five minutes pass by so you decide to play on your phone. You saw that you got a text from Jade.

From Jade:
Hey when are you coming home? 

To Jade: 
I'm helping Mark babysit his niece. So whenever his sister comes I'll come home. Don't wait up I have the keys. 

You put your phone down and heard footsteps walking towards the living room. You look over by the door and Mark walked over and sat down next to you. 

"Sorry it took me so long she woke up and asked if I could lay down with her." 

"She's lucky to have an uncle like you." Mark's face started turning red so he looked away. 

"Yeah my sister says I spoil her too much." 

"You do but it's not bad. She looks like she enjoys time with you." You placed your hand on top of his. He looked up at you. Your heart started racing. You wanted to kiss him but you just broke up with your boyfriend and you didn't want to jump into another relationship so soon. You took your hand away and looked at the tv. 

"Should we watch a movie?"  

"Yeah." He got up and walked towards the movies on the rack. "Frozen?" He said picking up a movie. 

"Ok." You said moving back on the couch. Mark put the movie in and sat down next to you. 

You guys stayed quiet watching the movie. Halfway through the movie your eyes started feeling heavy and you closed them. 

"(YN), (YN)" You felt someone shaking you and you slowly opened your eyes looking at the person. Mark was bent down next to you. 

You got up and looked around. You were still at Mark's sisters house.

"What time is it?" You asked. 

"It's 12. We should start heading home. My sister came back." 

"Ok." You said picking up your phone and yawning. Mark took the keys and started walking towards the door. 

"Where's your sister?" You said looking around. 

"She went straight to bed." He opened the front door for you and then locked it closing it behind him. You guys got in the car and started driving to the apartments. 

You guys stayed quiet in the car. You tried hard not to fall asleep in his car so you paid attention to all the houses passing by. You dozed off a little daydreaming about your future again. 

"Good thing our class is at 11 am tomorrow." Mark said pulling you out of your daydream. 

"Yeah it's perfect for a Monday morning." Mark pulled into the parking lot and turned off the car. He turned around and looked at you. 

"Do you want me to walk you to your apartment?" 

"No. I'm a big girl I can walk by myself." You laughed and opened your door. 

"Are you sure?" He said getting out of the car and walking towards you. 

"Yeah. Do you want me to walk you to your apartment?" Mark started laughing and shook his head no. 

"No. I'm a big boy I can walk by myself." You stuck out your tongue and started walking away. 

"Goodnight Mark." You said walking away. 

"Goodnight. I'll see you tomorrow." You turn around and stopped. 

"Ok. Do you want to go to class together?" 

"Yeah. Ill text you." 

"Ok don't forget!" You said with a big smile. "Bye" 

"Bye." He waved goodbye and started walking towards his apartment. 

"Mark!" You said turning around. He stopped and turned around. "Thank you for today. I had a lot of fun." He smiled real big and you felt your face turn red so you looked down. 

"Your welcome. I had a lot of fun too" You smiled and turned around to walk again. 

"(YN)!" You turn around and look at him. He looked down and rubbed the back of his neck. "D-do you......maybe....want to go on a hang out again...with me?" He looks up at you. You froze and were thankful for the dark and distance between you two. Your heart was beating so fast. Luckily he didn't ask you out so you took a deep breath and smiled.

"Of course!" You said and turned around. This time you guys didn't say anything else and you walked to your apartment with a big smile on your face. Opening the front door you walk in and went straight to the bathroom to get ready for bed.