Monday Class

Break Ups to New Loves

 

You wake up to your alarm going off. You reach over to your nightstand and turned it off. Rubbing your eyes you try to read the time on the clock. It said 8:20. Sitting up and stretching you slowly get out of bed and walked to the bathroom. You started washing your face and brushing your teeth. 

Walking back to your room you grabbed some clothes and took a shower. You got all ready after taking a shower and walked into the kitchen. Since it was really hot today. You decided to wear shorts and a tank top. It was a new outfit you recently bought at the mall with Jade. You also spent a little extra time doing your hair and make up because of Mark. Thinking of his name you started smiling. 

"Good morning." Jade said. She was sitting down at the table eating cereal. 

"Good morning!" You grabbed a bowl and some cereal. You sat across from her and put everything together in the bowl and started eating. 

"Are you going to tell me why your smiling so big?" Jade said giving you a look. You look up from your cereal and start laughing. 

"No reason. Today feels like a good day." She gave you another look and rolled her eyes. 

"You are such a bad liar! Is it about Mark? You guys hung out all day yesterday and now your smiling all big on a Monday morning. You hate Mondays." She gave you a serious look squinting her eyes.

"May.." Before you could answer her your phone started ringing. You look down and it was Mark. 

"Hello?" 

"Hey. Are you ready for class?" You glance at the time and jump up. It was 10:20. Your college was twenty minutes away from your apartment. 

"Yes! I just have to get my bag and book." You ran to your room looking through your stuff for your bag. You glance up and remember that you left it at your parents house. "Mark! I didn't go get my stuff from my parents house! I don't have my book!" You sat on the floor ready to cry. You took school very seriously and was always prepared. 

"It's ok don't freak out. We don't need them today because we're watching that movie then writing an essay about it." You let out a huge breath and closed your eyes. 

"I totally forgot. Ok now I'm ready." You didn't need your bag since you wouldn't be carrying your book or anything for class. 

Walking out of your room you see Jade grabbing her things in her room. She turns around and gives you an evil smirk. 

"So it is because of Mark! I KNEW IT!" She ran towards you and gave you a hug. "Finally! I don't have to see Jake anymore or have to hang out with him!" You started laughing and let go. 

"Yeah. Well I'll be going I'll see you in class." You said walking away quickly. 

"Wait aren't we going together?" She said walking towards you. You turned towards her slowly.

"Marks taking me. Do you wanna come with us?" She smiled really big and shook her head no. 

"No! You guys are too cute I don't want to mess it up! Besides I have work after so I need the car! I'll see you in class!" You both waved and you walked out of the apartment. 

Your phone vibrated while you walked outside. 

From Mark: 
I'm outside.

Walking outside the sun was really bright. You squinted trying to get your eyes adjusted to the brightness. You look around and see Mark sitting on the bench outside. His back was towards you while he looked down at something on his lap. This was the perfect time to scare him. You slowly crept towards him. 

"BOO!" You screamed putting your hands on his shoulders. He jumped up and held his heart. You started laughing like crazy. 

"You really scared me!" He held his heart and tried catching his breath. "I didn't even hear you open the door." 

"That's the point of scaring you! Your not supposed to hear me." You said rolling your eyes and smiling. He glared at you. "I'm sorry." You said pouting. 

"Oh no." He said shaking his head laughing. "The pouting won't help you this time." He then held up his index finger on one hand and made an o with his other hand. "1-0" 

"Noooo we are not having a scare war." You said shaking your head laughing. Remember having them with Max when you were smaller. You always ended up winning or Max's pranks would get out of control that you would have to stop and call it truce.

"Yeah." He said smiling. With that he turned around and started walking towards his car. You walked faster to catch up to him. 

"Really?" You said when you got up to him.

"Yep." He smiled and stuck out his tongue at you. 

"Fine. Let the scares begin." You said going into the car. 

---------  

"Thank you" You said while Mark held the door open for you. Walking into class you see Jake sitting at his usual seat at the top. You usually say next to him with Jade on the other side of you. He picked up his head and looked at you. Your heart sank at how hurt he looked. 

Mark walked in after you. He looked at what made you stop and saw Jake staring at you. Then Jake looks at Mark. He gives Mark the death stare and goes back to his phone. You look at Mark and you roll your eyes. Jake was always such a child when he was mad. 

"Ignore him. Let's go sit in the middle." You said to Mark. He nodded and followed you. There was only about 10 kids in the class at the moment. Walking up the stairs you sit down in the middle of the classroom. Mark sat down right next to you. 

Just then Jade walks in. She looks around for you and smiles when she sees you. She quickly walks over to you and sits down on the opposite side of you. 

"Hey Mark!" She says waving at him. 

"Hey!" He says waving back. She then looks at the back of the room at Jake. 

"Jade don't." You say touching her arm. She looks at you and rolls her eyes. More kids start coming into the classroom. You saw some of Jake's friends walk in and sit with him.

"I'm not going to do anything you broke up with him." She said sitting down and smiling. The professor walks in and puts his stuff down. The clock says 11:05.

"Good morning class!" 

"Good morning professor!" 

"How was everyone's break?" Just then the door opens and Jackson walks in slowly. "Glad you decided to join us today Mr. Wang." 

"Of course. I wouldn't want to miss your wonderful lectures." He says with a sly smile and walks towards you guys. The professor continues talking while Jackson sits down next to Mark. 

"Am I seriously that late?" Jackson whispers to Mark. 

"No he just hates you because you always disrupt his class." Mark whispers back and looks to the teacher. You smile at how cute Mark is. He cared about school as much as you unlike Jackson or Jake. 

Just then your phone lite up on the table. You look down and see that it was a message from Jake. 

From Jake: 
Mark? 

You look up at him and see him staring at you. You turn back around and try to focus on the teachers lecture. Your heart was beating so fast and you couldn't focus. You knew what Jake was going to do. He was going to fight Mark right when you walk out of class because he was a jerk like that.

The teacher put in the movie and everyone just watched. You saw the pictures on the screen but you couldn't pay attention. You didn't want Mark and Jake to fight. You lean over to your phone and open the text from Jake. You slid it over to Jade. She looked down at your phone and rolled her eyes looking at Jake. 

She then took her hand and stuck out the middle finger. Jake rolled his eyes and looked back at the screen. He looked even more pissed then before. Jade turned and looked at you smiling. You glared at her and went back to watching the movie. 

-------

After class was over you took your time so Jake can leave out of class before you. 

"So I'm off to work." Jade said waving at you guys bye. "See you later." 

"Bye." You guys said. She walked out of class and Jackson started walking away too. 

"I also have to go to work." He said smirking. "That leaves you two lovebirds alone." He said with a wink turning around he left out of class. 

"Do you want to work on our essay together?" Mark said holding the door for you. You walked outside and looked around for Jake. After Jade gave him the middle finger you hoped Jake wouldn't hurt Mark. You didn't see Jake so you let out the breath you've been holding. "What's wrong?" He looked at you concerned. You faked a smile. 

"Nothing. Everything's good. Why would you say that?" You said all at once.

"Because your looking around worried and your rambling right now." 

"Really. There's nothing wrong." You turned around and started walking outside. 

"So you don't want to work on the essay together?" 

"Yeah I would love to." You tried sounding cheery so he wouldn't keep asking you questions. 

"Ok." He said smiling at you. You guys walked to his car and got in. "Do you want to come over or should we do it at your apartment?" 

"Mine." You said. You guys just talked about the movie the whole car ride. 

The more you hung out with Mark the more you started falling for him. He was nothing like Jake and that made you really happy. The only thing that was holding you back from going out with Mark is that you weren't ready to jump into a new relationship. 

Rushing into a new relationship never ended well and you really wanted to try and make your next relationship better than your last. 

Pulling up to your apartments you got out of the car and walked inside with Mark trailing behind you. You walk into your room and take out your laptop. You turn around expecting Mark to be standing at the door but he's not there. You were used to Jake following you. 

"Mark!" You yell sitting on your bed. You put on your laptop and place it on your lap. You hear footsteps and Mark appears at the door. 

"Yeah?" He says leaning on the door frame. 

"We can work on our papers here." You said patting the area next to you. 

"Oh I put my stuff in the living room. Hold on." He turns around and walks away. He comes back with his laptop and sits down next to you. 

You guys continue typing in silence until Mark coughs and you jumped at the sudden loud noise. 

"Sorry." He says. 

"1-1" You say continuing to type. 

"Nope 0-1 that doesn't count." He said laughing. You lightly elbowed his side.

"Fine I was just trying to make the score even." You said sticking out your tongue.

"It will be soon." He said with an evil smile on his face while he continued typing. 

"We'll see" You said smirking back.

-------

*30 minutes later* 

You looked through your essay trying to find any mistakes. Your teacher gave you an easy essay compared to the one you did over the break. You only had to write a page about the movie. 

"Done!" You said laying back onto your pillows. Mark looks over at you and pokes your stomach. 

"Me too!" He says laying down. "That's so cool." He said pointing up at your ceiling. Your room was blue. On your ceiling you had painted white stars. Some small some big. 

"Thanks. I painted it myself with a little help." You smiled remembering Jake trying to help you but failing. "Jake did those ones over there." You said pointing to the ones closer to the door. Mark looks over there then turns to face you. 

"What's going on between you two?" You turn and face him too. 

"We're on and off again couple. But this break up feels different. I think we're done for real this time." He looked at you for a couple seconds then answered. 

"Because of me?" 

"No because of me." You turned and faced the ceiling again. "I was sick and tired of fighting with him and we hung out at the beach that day and yesterday with your niece and I......" You stopped trying not to let your feelings out. 

"And you what?" You look at him and close your eyes. You took a deep breath.

"And I-I started liking you." You said really fast. Silence followed and you slowly opened your eyes. Mark was so close to you that you wanted to take a move back but you couldn't. You froze and your heart was beating so fast. 

He pulled up his hand and moved the strand of hair that fell on your face. You closed your eyes at the sudden touch. He moved closer to you so your lips were briefly touching. 

"I like you too." He said before he collided his lips with yours. 

----------------

 

Thank you guys so much for reading and for your lovely comments! It really means a lot :)