Fights

Break Ups to New Loves

 


"Please can you come with me!" You begged your boyfriend Jake. You started pouting just to help convince him to come along with you to your family reunion. Your family does this every two years just so everyone stays close. 

"No" He said and moved away from you. You sat on the edge of his bed while he went into the closet to pick out an outfit for the day. Your family reunion was today and you woke up early to come and convince Jake to go with you. You've been begging him for 3 days straight.

"Why not?" You looked down and started playing with your fingers. "Every family reunion is usually really boring and I want you to come keep me company" he sighed and walked out of the closet fully dressed. 

"You can text me the whole time. So it will be like I'm there. Anyways you knew I had plans with my friends today."

"You just made those plans last night and I've been asking you since Tuesday!" You rolled your eyes and walked out of his room. 

"Your seriously such a jerk!" You grabbed your keys off the coffee table and walked to the door. 

"Wait! (YN)! WAIT!" Jake ran up to you and grabbed your arm and turned you around to face him. "I'm sorry. I promise I'll make it up to you!" You rolled your eyes and snatched your arm away from him. 

"That's what you say every time and you never make it up to me. Your friends are always way more important than me!" You yelled at him. "You know what we're done! I'm sick and tired of begging you" You turned around and walked to the door. 

"Fine!" Jake yelled and just stood there watching you leave. You walked out of his apartment and to your car. You drove to the nearest park trying to clear your head. 

You shut your car off and got out of the car. You walked to your usual place. You always came here to just escape. 

The view was beautiful. It was in the middle of the woods right by the lake. Walking over you sit next to one of the trees. You closed your eyes and took a deep breath. Then you felt a tear roll down your cheek. You started crying and opened your eyes. You looked out at the lake and kept crying. 

You knew that the argument was stupid. You and Jake have been dating for two years now. He always puts his friends before you which you thought was ok most of the time but not when you wanted him to come places with you. You've been dating for so long that you guys loved each other. All relationships aren't perfect right? 

Then you felt a tap on your shoulder taking you out of your thoughts. You jumped and turned around. A guy about your age was bent down looking at you concerned. He had dark red hair that was straight and styled cutely. 

"Are you ok?" He asked. 

"Yeah." You said and turned around knowing your tears would tell him differently. 

"No your not." He walked over and stood in front of you. Bending down he looked at you again. 

"I broke up with my boyfriend. I just want to be left alone for a little." You said and then started crying even more. 

"Oh. I'm sorry" He said standing up. "Are you sure?" He said with concern in his voice. 

"Yeah." You said looking up at him through your tears. He rubbed the back of his head and looked around debating whether to leave you alone or sit with you. You started feeling bad because he looked like he cared but you needed to be alone.  

"I'll just sit here" He pointed to the spot close to you. "We don't have to talk but I don't want to leave you alone like this."

"Ok" He sat down next to you and just looked out into the lake. You looked over at him. He looked familiar but you couldn't think of where you've seen him before. 

"Do I know you from somewhere? You look familiar." He turned to look at you and smiled. You stopped breathing because his smile was so beautiful. 

"Yeah we have the same English class." You smiled and nodded. Now it made sense. You guys went to the same college. Your friends were in all your classes so you never really talked to anyone else to make new friends. He turned and looked back to the lake. He sat down with his legs crouched up and his hands interlocked on his knees. You looked back to the lake and chuckled. 

"Life is so crazy." He turned to look at you but you kept your gaze on the lake. 

"Tell me about it." He chuckled and looked back at the lake. Your phone started ringing next to you and you jumped. You looked down to see that your mom was calling you. 

"Hello?" 

"(YN) where are you? We're already here. Max just got here but he said you went to go ask Jake. Are you guys coming?" 

"Jakes not coming but I'll be there in a little" 

"Ok. I'll see you soon honey!" You  hung up and got up wiping off your shorts. 

"I know this is going to sound really weird but do you want to hang out sometime? I'm not asking you out on a date or anything just as friends." He said standing up and wiping off his shorts. He rubbed the back of his neck. "I promise I'm not trying to get with you. Only as friends...." He was about to mumble on but you cut him off.

"Yeah. I would love that. My names (YN) by the way"

"My names Mark" You both smiled at each other.

"Thank you for staying with me" you say turning to leave. 

"Your welcome." You started walking away and turned around to wave. 

"I guess I'll see you in class on Monday." You said and kept walking. 

"Yeah" He said and walked the other direction. You got out of the woods and onto the trail towards the parking lot. Your phone vibrated with a new text message from Jake. 

From Jake: 
I'm sorry babe. Can I see you tonight? 

You rolled your eyes and put your phone back into your pocket. You still need time to think about your relationship with him.  

 

-----------------------------------

I would love it if you guys could give me feedback on this story. Thank you :)