No One to hold on to

The Forgotten Pieces (Sequel)

 

Chapter 13: No one to hold on to

The doorbell rang continuously as a finger poked the small button furiously. Sounds of knockings echoed down the hallway as Byungmi’s fist made contact with the door multiple times. As she knocked the door and pressed the doorbell for the nth time, Byungmi realized that no one was at home and no one was going to answer the door.

Her shoulders sagged and unknowingly, a single tear fell down her cheek as she walked back to the lift. Byungmi had never felt so alone in her life and sadness hit her hard as more tears dropped down. As she arrived at the first floor, she went back out into the pouring rain and sat on the steps of the building.

An emotion so strong choked her up and those free falling tears got as heavy as the downpour that drenched Byungmi. She felt lonely and alone. All she had was the past 3 years of her life to hold on to and a memory of her brother whom she had no idea about. The seven guys she had been living with for the past 3 years had been keeping something from her, that she was sure of.

And now, she had no one to hold on to.

Block B had been her everything and in a flash, this Saturday night, her everything had vanished.

Byungmi sat in the rain for a long time, curled up into a ball. She had no idea where to go or what to do next and in all honesty, any sort of planning had left her head the moment she grabbed her hoodie. Right now, the most important thing is just to go with the wind and play it by the ear.

Vehicles passed her by while the sidewalk was free of people as no one had any wish to go out in the horrible weather. As the rain got heavier, a car stopped right in front of the building and three young lads exited, seemingly drunk. The fourth male then climbed out of the car, carrying a drunk, unconscious guy with him. After all the passengers alighted, the driver then left to park the car.

Being drunk and high, the first three younger guys saw Byungmi and decided to disturb her. The three made a bet to see who could get Byungmi to join them upstairs for another round of drinks.  The second youngest made his way towards the soaked girl and tapped her shoulder.

“Heyyyyyy pretty lady. Wanna go upstairs for a drink?” He said, offering a lopsided grin.

“Yeah, we can make you really warm.” The oldest of the trio remarked suggestively as he wiggled his eyebrows.

“C’mon, la-“ The youngest stopped mid-word as Byungmi finally lifted her head to look at them.

The drink can in the hands of the youngest drop to the ground with a ‘clink’.

 

A/N: Sorry for the late update guys, I'm having a horrible writer's block after not writing for so many months. Please bear with my horrible writing skills right now. >.<

COMMENTS&SUBSCRIPTIONSARELOVED!~ <3