Run Away

The Forgotten Pieces (Sequel)

Recap: Byungmi has flashbacks every now and then of the past. Gong Chan told CNU about seeing Byungmi. Byungmi finally recalls that she has a brother which brings us to this chapter.

 

Chapter 12: Run Away

[Author’s POV]

Everything happened in a blink; Byungmi took off and ran from the house, grabbing her slippers and hoodies near the door. The guys were shocked at her sudden change and sat there stunned before chasing after her with Zico letting out a “!” in shock.

Byungmi ran down the stairs like never before and her lungs burned with every step she took. She had no idea what she was doing and where she was going. She had only started running because of the frown on Jaehyo’s face and the soft ‘’ that had come out of Kyung’s mouth.  Every instinct in her told her to run first and ask questions later. It felt like if she didn’t run now, she will never be able to escape after finding out whatever Block B was hiding from her.

Lady Luck must have been shining down for her because after she exited her block, a passenger was coming out of a taxi few blocks down. Byungmi quickened her pace and hurriedly pushed the man who was alighting aside and ordered the driver to drive off.

It was only after losing sight of Block B did Byungmi calm down. The driver at the front of the cab looked at her worriedly and oddly. In her hands were still her slippers and hoodie that she had never managed to put on. A permanent frown graced her young features and worry clouded her eyes.

“Where to, Miss?”

The driver’s question snapped Byungmi out of her thoughts as she rattled off an address subconsciously. She then slipped right back into her thoughts and wondered what Block B was keeping from her. She was so deep in her thoughts about her 7 dwarfs and her brother throughout the ride that she failed to notice the place they were heading to.

“Miss? We’ve reached. It’s $10 for the cab fare.”

Silently thanking that Taeil had always remind her to put some money in her clothes for emergency situations, she took a 10 dollar bill and stepped out of the car. Just her luck as it was raining outside and the rain immediately engulfed her as she came out of the cab.

In front of her stood a tall apartment building and Byungmi suddenly wondered why she was here. Frowning, she followed her instincts yet again and went into the lift in the building and pressed ‘6’. As the lift traveled up, Byungmi saw herself seeing yet even more visions.

A girl drenched by the rain knocking on a door. A boy opening the door. Another boy guiding her into the living room. The girl entering the room and calling out to her brother.

‘Ding!’

As the lift signaled the arrival on the 6th floor, Byungmi felt as if it was deja vu as she came face to face with the same door in her vision. Suddenly she realized whose door she was standing at and who she was going to meet.

Trembling from the cold and her rush of emotions, Byungmi pressed the doorbell and hoped for it to be answered. 

 

A/N: Hey guys! I'm back! The drama is going to start soon! Are ya'all excited? I sure am! 

What are you guys? Team CNU or Team Jaehyo? Leave your comments below! ^^ 

Thank you for your continuous support! 

COMMENTS&SUBSCRIPTIONSARELOVED!~ <3