Mi?

The Forgotten Pieces (Sequel)

 

Chapter 11: Mi?

[Byungmi’s POV]

That night, I sat at the table playing with my food. Unknowingly, my gaze turned from the unappetizing dishes to the seven boys who were situated around the table. They were looking so carefree and full of happiness, like they weren’t gangsters but just brothers having dinner together.

Somehow, it irked me that they could look so… free. After coming home to immediately gulp down two aspirin pills and much thinking that lead to two more pills, I couldn’t help but feel pissed. The more I had thought about it, the more I felt that the seven of them were keeping something from me, something big.

“Mi?”

A confused voice called out to me, calling out the nickname Block B had given me. But all that filled my mind was a young man calling me that.

I was shivering, shivering hard inside the cardboard box we were hiding in. We, I was hiding in here with my brother. Rain was pelting down from the dark sky and thunder would boom every now and then. I wanted to burst out crying from my fear of thunder but my brother was comforting me, his arms around me and him whispering his nickname for me, ‘Mi’.

I hid myself in his arms and suddenly, a gunshot could be heard. Startled, I escaped from the warmth hold and scurried over to the side of the cardboard box and peeked out from the holes. What I saw stunned and scarred me for life.

I saw my mother’s lifeless body on the ground and my father with a gun pointed at him. One more gunshot later, I realized I had lost both my parents. I saw as those people left and my parents were left bleeding in the rain. I wanted to run to them and get them to wake up, but my brother was holding me tightly, preventing me from escaping.

“You still have me, Byungmi, you still have me. I won’t leave you.”

“Promise? Byunghun Oppa?”

“Yes.”

I snapped out of that clear memory. It wasn’t bits and pieces, it was a real one and all emotions crashed down on me. The one that stood out the most was realization and happiness. I have an older brother and I know his name. I’m going to find him, I am.

“Yah, Lee Byungmi! Are you okay?”

Then I was aware of Jaehyo Oppa shaking my arms violently. It seems like I had blanked out on them.

“I have a brother. Oppa, I have a brother and I know his name!”

His shocked look that turned into a frown did not go unnoticed by me.

 

A/N: And I'm back with another chapter! ^^ If it's unclear, the italics is her memory of her parents being killed by a gang.

Uh oh.. Anyone smells trouble and drama with her memory back?

I've also made a twitter acc for my fics, follow--> http://twitter.com/#!/Yukeez

A little test :P Shout 'Derphyo' if you read my A/N ^^ 

COMMENTS&SUBSCRIPTIONSARELOVED!~ <3