A Real Smile

The Forgotten Pieces (Sequel)

 

Chapter 17: A real smile

As the words slowly registered in his mind, CNU felt more alive than he had ever been in the past three years. Unknowingly, he had stood up from the floor and was moving across the living room towards the door.

As he wrapped his mind around the words, feeling mixed emotions from being able to meet the girl whom he had lost three years ago, his feet brought him to the door and his hands hand managed to get his sneakers onto his feet. Subconsciously, he lifted his hand to the door handle and pressed down hard on it.

It was the sound and the scene of seeing their hyung willingly going out of the house for the first time in three years that woke the rest of them up from their trance. Gongchan was the first one to get up from his position and went to join CNU who had left the apartment, headed towards the car park. Baro grabbed his wallet and nudged Sandeul to get ready while Jinyoung got his car keys.

As the five made their way to Teen Top’s apartment, CNU’s leg would not stop shaking. He was bouncing in excitement, anxiety and fear. Questions popped up one after another and as he glanced at the pouring rain outside the window, he failed to realize that his whole body was trembling.

Gongchan took a look at his hyung who was in deep thoughts and had a permanent frown on his face; yet, his eyes told a different story. The youngest of the group had felt a deeper connection with his hyung after he had officially met Byungmi and gotten to know the girl in that month. Despite Byungmi being upset at them, she had been patient and bearing towards them.

Gongchan had always seen the couple looking over at one another when the other was looking the other way. The maknae had also learnt from his hyung the likes and dislikes of Byungmi, and also the little moments between them that his hyung had not shared with the members before. Gongchan felt like he knew much more about his hyung’s girl even though they had barely talked to each other.

Understanding his hyung’s mixed emotions; Gongchan put a reassuring hand on CNU’s shoulder and tried to calm the older one down.

“Hyung, I know you’re nervous and scared but remember whatever happens we’ll be here to back you up. Take everything with an open mind, and keep in mind that the last time you had seen her; she was still very much in love with you. Even if three years changes her, let’s just hear her out alright?”

With his dongsaeng’s comforting words, CNU managed a small but real smile for the first time in three years. What the future hold was unknown, but CNU knew that as long as he could see the girl that had been haunting his dreams for so long, even just a glimpse, he would be satisfied.

He just needed to see her.

 

A/N: Hey guys! I apologize for the late update, JC life is so overwhelming and I'm still trying to adapt to the amount of workload. I'll try my best to update the next weekend! *fingers crossed* Thanks for the support guys <3 

COMMENTS&SUBSCRIPTIONS&VOTESARELOVED!~ <3