Leaving

Saranghaeyo

 



Hongki's POV
She didn't go to school at all for the past few days. I wonder what happened. I tried to visit her, but everytime I went, no one was home. I asked Seunghyun, but even he, as close as he is to Yoona, didn't know what was going on. 

I walked around the park aimlessly, kicking small stones. I always came here to relieve my stress and now I was feeling particularly frustrated. Where is Yoona? 

Just then, I saw a familiar figure sitting on a bench. "Yoona? What's she doing here?" I slid onto the bench next to her. Her eyes widened and scooted away. Standing up, she wanted to escape but I grabbed her wrist.

"Yoona, where were you for the past few days?"

"Like you'd care." She tried to struggle out of my grasp.

"I was really worries about you!"

"Oh please. You? Worried about me? Psh." She rolled her eyes.

"Yoona..."

"Don't you have someone else to attend to?" Her eyes narrowed. 

"Yoona, I need to tell you something, I..."

"I don't want to hear it go away." She tried to free herself again.  Gripping her shoulders, I wrenched her away to face me. 

"Yoona, please! Listen to me!"

"Fine. But please just let me say something first."

I looked at her apprehensively but agreed. She took a deep breathe. "I'm going to America." I froze. America? Why? 

"My aunt's company transferred her to their new branch in New York to be the sales director. It's a big job and she really wants the promotion. Since she is my guardian, I have to go with her." 

"When are you leaving..?"

She bowed her head. "Tomorrow at 10. It's a long way to New York."

"So have you told anyone?" 

"Yes. I just texted everybody I know." 

"I didn't get the text." 

She kept quiet then looked up haughtily, tossing her hair aside. "So what did you want to say to me?"

"Um... Nothing much. I'd better leave now." 

I turned to go. There's no point telling her now. She's going to leave anyway. 

"Hongki, w...wait..."

I continued walking but slowed down slightly. 

"I really like you... But there's no point telling you this now is there? You already have someone else in your heart..."

=============================

Short update. :(

It's probably going to finish in the next chapter so...

I'm really happy with all the subs and everything. 

And since it's ending,

as a favor, could you guys comment more?

I mean, I'd really love to know what you all thought of this fic.

Thank you. :)