CHAPTER 5: PLUS ONE

LOVE COACH (English Version)

EXO-Peter pan

--------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            The next day, Ken and Hognbin gave Lime a visit at Seoul Service Hospital. Onew accompany her in the hospital. In Lime’s room,

 

“Onew hyung, how’s Lime?” Ken asked. “She isn’t conscious yet” Onew sighed. “This is Lee Hongbin” Ken introduced Hongbin to Onew. “Hi! I’m Lime’s cousin, Onew” Onew gave him an eye smile. “Hi!” Hongbin bowed a bit.

 

“What did the doctor say?” Ken asked. “She was confirmed to be poisoned” Onew answered. “The person who poisoned her is-“ Ken gave Hongbin a death glare before he could finish his sentence. Hongbin was silent immediately. “Who?” Onew asked. “Lime will tell you later” Ken answered.

 

            The next day, Onew hasn’t attended school to take care of Lime. Lime moved her fingers a bit.

 

“Lime” Onew called softly. Lime was still in puzzlement and silent. “You’re at hospital. You rest first. I’ll call Ken for a while” Onew caressed her hair before went out from the room.

 

            Lime looked around her then memories hit her about her fainted. Suddenly, she remembered about Ravi that she really hold grudge with. “His face looks the same with the guy at the grand piano in my dream” she said alone.

 

            Meanwhile, at the corridor of 4 Inspirit class, Ken and Hongbin was hanging out. Ken’s phone rang and he answered it.

 

“Hello, Ken” Onew voiced on the other line. “Hyung, what’s up?” “Lime woke up just now” “Really? We’ll visit her after school. Thanks” “You’re welcome. Bye” “Bye” Ken ended their chat.

 

“What’s wrong?” Hongbin questioned. “Lime is awake” Without them knowing, a guy was watching them.

 

            At the hospital,

 

“I’m going to buy some food for a while. Your friends will come later. Okay, Lime?” Onew ruffled her head. “Okay” she nodded. Onew left Lime alone in the room.

 

“It’s darn boring” Lime complained. She looked outside of the window.

 

            She could see a room opposite her since her bed beside the window. A guy in the opposite room saw Lime and waved at her. Lime waved back. She grabbed her sketch book and marker pen from her school bag beside her. She started to write something on it and showed it to the guy. ‘Hi’ the guy did the same. ‘Hi. I’m Jeong Taekwon’ ‘I’m Hyerim but call me Lime. You have a nice name’ ‘Thanks. But you can call me Leo. Are you just admitted here?’

 

‘Yes. Two days ago. You?’ ‘A month ago’ ‘A month?! Why?’

 

‘I broke my leg when I was playing football. I was the goal keeper. A ball hit the goal post and it was unstable. It almost fell when I tried to run away from that area. I accidentally toppled so the goal post fell onto my leg’ Leo explained and pointed to his cemented leg. ‘Oh…Poor you’ ‘Yes. Poor me. I can’t be too active like before after this? You? What bring you here?’

 

‘I’m not sure myself. Doctor said I’ve been poisoned’ ‘Food poisoned?’ ‘No. Someone poisoned me…I think’ ‘Who was willing to do such thing to you?’ ‘I don’t know. I forgot to ask. How old are you?’ ‘16’ ‘So we’re the same age. Which school do you attend?’ ‘Seoul Science High School’ ‘Seoul Science High School? Do you know Ravi?’ ‘Of course I know him. Everyone know him’ ‘And why’s that?’

 

‘He’s the ‘BEST’ troublemaker in our school. Why do you ask?’ ‘He trashed me once’ ‘Wow! You’re lucky! Ravi usually kick people asses for good until you can barely breathe’ ‘Someone saved me’ ‘Ooh. Knight in shinning armor came to the rescue’ ‘Watch what you’re saying’ ‘Hehe. I’m just kidding. Which school are you from?’ ‘South Seoul High School’ ‘Oh. I’m going for a walk. Talk to you later’ ‘Bye’ Leo grabbed his walking sticks and walked out of the room with it.

 

“Looks like somebody got a new friend” Ken teased from the back of an opened door. “Hi, Ken” Lime waved to Ken. Ken came into the room ang hugged her tightly. “’m so glad you’re alright. I almost cry when you fainted at school the other day” “Relax. I’m fine” she broke the hug. “You sit first” she said. Ken sat on the chair beside her.

 

“Where’s Hongbin?” she asked. “He went to work first. He said he’ll visit you after he finishes work” “Oh. Alright then. Thank you for helping me the other day” “You’re welcome” “How’s school?” “Lime always except one of your friend” “Who is it?” “Jinyoung” “What’s with him?” “Since you admitted here, he always daydreams. Maybe he’s worry of you” Lime showed her clueless face.

 

“I know you have a crush on him” “No. I’m not” she replied. “Hey! You’re face already turning red” “Fine. How do you know about it?” “Haha. I just know it” “Don’t tell other people okay?” “I know it. But I saw he walked with a girl, holding hands yesterday” “Let him be” “Don’t be sad. We can help you”

 

*We? Who?! You and your zombie friends?* Lime shouted in her head. “Actually I want to tell you something” Ken voiced. Lime looked at him in wonder. “The truth is” Ken wasn’t able to finish his sentence when Onew entered the room.

 

“Hi, Ken” Onew greeted. “Hi hyung” “Where’s Hongbin?” Onew took out doughnuts that he had bought just now. “He went to work. He said he’ll come here after he finishes work” “Lime is so lucky to have both of you as friends” “Yeah right” Lime replied , poker faced.

 

“Let’s eat” Onew put the delicious doughnuts on the table.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            Ken had gone home. That night, Onew looked really tired.

 

“Oppa, you look so tired. You should go home and rest” Lime said to Onew. “I’m okay. Don’t worry” “I can sleep here alone. You should go to school tomorrow” “It’s alright” “I know you’re tired. Please. Go home and rest, oppa” “You sure?” She nodded confidently. Onew went home that night.