CHAPTER 3: NEW NEIGHBOUR

LOVE COACH (English Version)

Infinite-The Chaser

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            Suddenly, Lime’s room window had been thrown with something. She quickly took off her headphone and looked out of the window. Ken was waving at her from the next house. Lime opened her window quickly.

 

“Hi, neighbor! Looks like our room is opposite” Ken smiled. “Hi! How can I not notice you’re my new neighbor when I looked at your address?” she shook her head with smile, disappointed with herself. She felt really stupid. “Of course. You’re blind” “Yah! Watch your mouth!” “Hehe. Sorry. I want to clean my new house. See you tomorrow” “Bye” Lime closed the window. She lies on her bed then fell into deep slumber.

 

            The next day, Ken and Lime went to school together. Time flies as the two became closer. One day, Lime and Ken went to the town. They went to a café to eat. While they were eating, one of the waiters accidently hit Lime. The coffee that the waiter held spilt onto Lime’s blouse. The cup fell onto the floor and broke into halves.

 

“Forgive me” he said. “It is okay” she answered. “I’ll clean this up” he bent down to pick the broken cup. Lime was in surprise. His face looks the same as the guy who was sleeping on the bed in her dream. She became more confused.

 

“You okay, Lime?” Ken asked. “I’m fine. I’ll be at the toilet for a while” she got up and went to the toilet.

 

 

 

            Lime and Ken walked home. On their way home,

 

“Why did you stare at the waiter like you saw a ghost?” Ken voiced. “No-no-nothing” Lime stuttered. They were in front of their houses without them notice. “Oh! Damn it! I forgot to buy something” Lime knocked her head. “You are in front of your house then you just remember?” “It’s okay. I can go to the town tomorrow” “I want to accompany you if I can. But I afraid my parents wouldn’t let me since I went out tonight” “Don’t worry. I can go by myself. Bye, see you” Lime waved and went into her house.

 

            She went to her room for bath. After bathed, she sat on the small bed beside her window while drying her hair with towel. Ken was beside his room window to greet Lime. She didn’t notice that Ken was watching her.

 

*Why does her hair is long? Just now I saw her hair is short” Ken wondered. He hid behind the wall quickly as Lime turned to him. “She wears wig? But why?” he asked himself.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

            School was over the next day when Lime went to a shop in the town alone. She walked pass the café that she and Ken went the day before on her way home. The waiter spotted Lime. He felt something uneasy will happen but he ignored the thoughts.

 

            While she was walking, a group of badass town kingkas walk the opposite direction as her. They laughed and high fived each other like there’s no one in the world other than them. One of them collided with Lime causing her to fall to the ground.

 

“Yah! Are you blind?!” the guy shouted in anger. “Relax. Who hit me in first place?” she voiced. “Relax? You dirtied my clothes!” he complained. “If you think that it’s my fault, I’m sorry then” Lime was about to walk out from there. Everyone beside them was watching. Nobody dare to interfere.

 

“Sorry? Do you think you can get away as easy as that?” “Then, what do you want?”

 

            One of them tried to kick Lime from her back but she avoided it. Lime thrashed that guy. Another guy kicked her stomach. She fell in agony.

 

“That’s just a bit. Want to cry calling your mother already?” the guy that hit Lime jeered. Lime gave him a sharp glare. She ran to the guy to punch him. Lime doesn’t have the chance to do so when the guy grabbed her wrist. He quickly grabbed her by her collar upwards. She was chocked. He then threw Lime to the wall.

 

“Stand up! Fight back!” he kicked her who was in pain. Lime stood to fight back but she was elbowed by another guy from the back. Lime fell but she got up and gave the guy that hit her punch.

 

“Damn it! You ing bastard!” he wiped blood on his lips with the back of his hand. He kicked her and she fell. All of them kicked her.

 

            Out of nowhere, the waiter from the café thrashed them.  Police siren could be heard from nearby. The kingkas got out from the scene in a flash. The waiter carried Lime on his back and ran to a bench nearby. “You wait here” he said and went into a pharmacy.

 

            Minutes later, he exited the pharmacy and approached Lime. “Give me your leg” he pulled her leg. “Why are you so kind to me?” Lime asked. “I can’t let a girl been thrashed, right?” he nursed her wounded leg. “Thank you. Anyway, I’m Lime” she held her hand out. “Lee Hongbin” he doesn’t shake her hand. “Oh. Wait! You’re the one who spilt coffee on me yesterday right?” “Yes and about that. I’m sorry” “It’s okay”

 

“You better be careful when walking here at time like this. You’re a girl yet you walk alone” “What’s wrong with that?” “Those kingkas are brainless. All they know are thrashing people” “Don’t worry. I can fight back” “Then, why don’t you do so just now?” Hongbin asked. Lime remains silent. *I suddenly remember of my late Grandma advice*

 

“Let me accompany you home” he slug Lime hand on his neck. Lime was shocked. They walked to Lime’s house.

 

            As they arrived in front of Lime’s house,

 

“Thank you” Lime spoke. “Em. Next time brings your friend with you” Hongbin advised “Okay. Bye” Lime entered her house. Ken was looking at her from his bedroom window. “I’m such a fool” he said alone.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I wonder what Ken means on his statement up here ^. I don’t remember either what does that mean