Sing a lullaby

Please Don't Go

That night, after everyone went to their respective rooms, Kyungsoo had gone to check up on Luhan to make sure the poor boy had eaten something as he withered on the floor. Kyungsoo always hated having to see Luhan suffer like this. He would beg and beg for Kyungsoo to take the fire away from his insides. It was even worse since Kyungsoo knew exactly what it felt like. It was like a burning fire would slowly build itself up within before it would explode inside and once the heat would cool down, another wave would wash over...and Luhan always had it 10x’s worse because of his age.

The alpha boys weren't allowed into the heat room if Luhan or Kyungsoo were inside, it was hard enough controlling their desires when they knew the omega was in heat, but to see Luhan begging and crying –was torture. The Beta's didn't even want to go inside the room, they refused, not only becuse of the strong scent that Luhan unleased, but to see their eldest hyung in such pain hurt them inside. Sehun didn’t like it either, but he still went sometimes. Not often, but there were times when he would randomly say that he would bring some food to Luhan, or that he would check on him. At first he wasn't allowed- being an alpha and all, but the young alpha proved that he could handle himself and that he would never ever do anything to luhan. It was exceptionally hard, but he still insisted.  He would always come back out expressionless, but Kyungsoo could see the pain in his eyes.

Stepping out of the heat room Kyungsoo looked to his right –the spare room where the boy was. The door was closed but Kyungsoo found himself reaching for the door knob. He knew Kris forbade him from entering but all Kyungsoo could think about was seeing him again. So carefully, Kyungsoo opened the door.

Moonlight shone through the side window, illuminating the injured boy. Kyungsoo took a cautious step forward, afraid that the lightest sound would stir the male in bed. But clearly the boy hadn’t moved since they placed him there. Taking a couple more steps closer Kyungsoo caught how the light practically made the boys skin glow, and although the boy looked blissful – it just didn’t seem right to Kyungsoo. His skin shouldn’t be THAT shiny… 

Kyungsoo ran as quickly and quietly as he could to the boy’s side, hesitantly he placed a hand on the boys’ forehead. Kyungsoo’s eyes widened as his presumptions were right –the male had a fever.

Kyungsoo began to panic, what should he do? Tell Kris? But Kyungsoo knew that if he did, then Kris –not to mention everyone else- would be furious with him. Rather than disappoint everyone- which he hated- Kyungsoo decided to handle it himself; secretly. He knew the first thing to do was cool his temperature so Kyungsoo ran out to the kitchen. Filling a small bucket with cold water and grabbing a towel, he did his best to return as quietly as possible. He COULD NOT be caught, and again he thanked his stealthy omega genes for getting him back smoothly.

Kyungsoo knelt by the boys bedside, dipping the towel and squeezing out the excess. Carefully he wiped his forehead –getting rid of the hot sweat. He moved down to the neck and when the cold towel touched the boy, he whimpered. Kyungsoo froze as he continued to whine, his eyebrows furrowing. Kyungsoo felt his heart swell because the boy just looked absolutely adorable; how could he be dangerous?

“Shhh,” Kyungsoo soothed, wiping the boys forehead again hoping that it would calm him down. Which it did, the boy relaxed and fell back into a peaceful sleep. Kyungsoo smiled and continued wiping the boy down. He blushed at times when he had to wipe his chest or thighs but Kyungsoo did his best to brush it aside; continuing until the male felt better. By the time he finished though, there were only a couple hour’s left until he’d have to get up to make breakfast. Sighing Kyungsoo took one last look at the boy, returned everything to its place and went back to his own room.

 

The next morning, once everyone had eaten breakfast, Sehun got up and looked at Kyungsoo. “Can I have an extra plate? Luhan has to eat.” The younger explained.

Xiumin looked at the boy a bit worriedly, “You sure? Its morning…” the boys were well aware that they should not be the ones to check on Luhan in the morning; it was a time where he was the most… sensitive. It would take a lot of strength for anyone, but Kyungsoo, to check on Luhan in the morning.

Sehun, however, just nodded. “Ill do it.” He said plainly, taking the plate that Kyungsoo held out and walked up the stairs. The rest of them watched as Sehun left and sighed.

“Maknae’s got guts.” Chen chuckled. Baekhyun hit his arm, “He obviously cares about Luhan! It’s sweet that he’s willing to suffer to make sure Luhan is okay.”

“Hey, I got hurt yesterday trying to help that alpha kid! Am I sweet too?” Chanyeol asked grinning.

Baekhyun turned to the giant and glared at his arm, then turned to his face. “No, you’re an idiot.” He growled before stomping to the living room. Everyone laughed at Chanyeol’s face as they filed out of the Kitchen.

“You can’t stay mad forever Baek!!” they heard Chanyeol cry as he trailed after the elder.

Xiumin chuckled next to Kyungsoo, “I say they get together before Luhan is back to normal.”

Kris popped up beside them, “I say the week after Luhan is out.”

“I think being the idiots they are, it’ll take another month.” Suho chuckled. Thinking about it for a second, and hearing Chanyeol and Baekhyun bicker more, the rest laughed and agreed.

As they began to leave the kitchen Kyungsoo called out to Kris before his mate could drag him away.

“Can we go to his room? I want to check on him.” Kyungsoo told the alpha. He tried not to show it but he was desperate to check on the sick boy, but he couldn’t tell Kris that he found out that he had a fever. Yixing popped up behind them and looked at Kyungsoo, “I should change his bandages too.”

“I can do it!” Kyungsoo immediately cried. The idea of Yixing touching the boy’s body didn’t seem like a very nice thought to Kyungsoo.

Yixing and Kris looked a bit surprised at Kyungsoo’s outburst but Yixing shrugged it off, “okay, I’ll leave it to you then.”  He said laughing and walked back into the living room.

Kris chuckled as well, “Alright, come on.”

Kyungsoo walked quickly in front of Kris, a little impatient to see the boy. However once he reached the door he paused a bit, part of it because he was a bit nervous, the second reason because he knew he had to wait for Kris to be closer. Taking a little breath, Kyungsoo slowly opened the door.

The boy still lay in bed, his eyes closed but a fresh sheen of sweat covered his body and he seemed to be shaking. Worry took over Kyungsoo as he rushed over to the boy. However he felt confusion when the boy’s temperature wasn’t as hot as he imagined. It was the same –if not less- then last night. Taking another look at the boy’s face Kyungsoo realized that he wasn’t shaking from the cold, he was shaking in fear.

The male continued to whimper and whine and Kyungsoo felt himself step forward. “Hyung..?” Tao called from behind his mate.

Kyungsoo blinked and looked back, “Um, c-could you two get me a bucket of cold water, a towel and s-some medicine please,” he saw the two give him a confused look, “He’s uh, he’s sick.”

Kris and Tao both looked at each other before nodding.

“We’ll be right back ok,” Kris told the omega. Kyungsoo smiled and nodded. Once they had left Kyungsoo turned back to the suffering boy.

Carefully Kyungsoo sat on the edge of his bed, he knew he was getting a bit to close but he found his body moving on its own accord. Just like the night before, Kyungsoo swept the boy’s bangs to the side. “Shhhh,” he soothed softly. “It’s alright, you’re fine.” Kyungsoo whispered, but it didn’t seem to do much. The boy continued to sweat and toss in bed. Kyungsoo began to get anxious, how was he supposed to sooth him? Kyungsoo paused as an idea popped into his head and before he had a chance to rethink it or change his mind, Kyungsoo began to sing softly.

In the gap between a deepening day you come slowly

 The darkness skims by and wakes me up

 And across the open window receding away

 

Have you, you, you lost your way again

 The night air is still cold, get up

 So, baby, hold on I’m worried of leaving you alone

 I leave the road and follow behind you

 

You shower in the pouring moonlight

 I haven’t seen that entrancing expression before

 I look at you who’s stopped like a picture and at the end of that gaze

 

A place where I can’t touch you and can’t even hold you

 What’s shining under the surface is not that person

 Your sad story that can’t come true

 The closer you go, the more you’ll hurt, so

 Just that love stop, stop, stop, stop, yeah

 Just that love stop, stop, stop, stop, yeah

 Like this I’m anxiously calling you

 Don’t go babe, those wings will get wet

 

(Moonlight lyrics)

 

He noticed how the boys whimpering lessened and the shaking slowed. So Kyungsoo continued with soothing touches and reassuring words. By the time Tao and Kris had returned, the boy was peacefully asleep again. Tenderly Kyungsoo wiped the boy down with cold water, and began changing his bandages.

As he unwrapped the bandage around his torso Kyungsoo couldn’t help but cringe at the sight. His perfect bronze skin had been ripped off exposing raw flesh and if Yixing hadn’t sewn it up thoroughly last night Kyungsoo was sure he might’ve been sick.

“K-Kris.” Tao whined. Both boys in the room looked at Tao who had turned green. Like Kyungsoo, Tao didn’t like –nor was used too- the sight of wounds. He could take the sight of blood but once flesh was ripped away Tao found himself feeling sick. When Kris had first met Tao he found it strange –but now he just felt worry. He wrapped an arm around his mate’s waist and looked at Kyungsoo then the sick boy.

“I’m going to take care of Tao… I think it’s ok if you’re here alone… he doesn’t seem like he’d wake up anytime soon,” Kris told the smaller. “Just come back out by Lunch okay? Or do you want me to get Sehun to stay with you?”

Kyungsoo shook his head, “I’ll be fine. He’s sick and injured I doubt he could attack me without falling over in pain.” The boy raised his eyebrows amusedly –the thought actually comical to him.

Kris chuckled as well and nodded, “alright,” was his short answer before he left the room.

Kyungsoo continued to change the bandages, occasionally pausing to the boys’ hair for comfort. He smiled when the male would sigh in content. After finishing, Kyungsoo wiped the boy once more to make sure his temperature did not rise anymore. Even after finishing Kyungsoo couldn’t bring himself to leave the males side. As time ticked by Kyungsoo found himself thinking about the boys past, he wanted to know so much. Had he been running away? Perhaps out for a hunt? Was his pack looking for him? Were they missing him? Maybe… a mate? Usually Kyungsoo didn’t ask many questions, especially about a person. But he couldn’t seem to stop being curious about the male.

He continued to his head, “Who are you?” Kyungsoo whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the next couple days went on Kyungsoo found himself back in the boy’s room by nightfall. Each night he would sneak back into the mystery boys’ room, even after spending the entire day with him. Besides breakfast, lunch and dinner Kyungsoo had been at his bedside along with Chanyeol and Sehun –who took turns. Even then, it just wasn’t enough.

By now the boys fever was gone but Kyungsoo was so drawn to the bronze boys’ skin, his silky hair and chiseled face. Taking a seat by his bedside Kyungsoo found himself falling into his usual routine; the alphas head and singing softly. He knew that this comforted the boy, especially because the male had actually smiled in his sleep the night before. The elder had been shocked as the youngers mouth curled up into a small smile. To put it simply –Kyungsoo had been breath taken.

In the middle of singing, Kyungsoo watched as the boy stirred in his sleep. Was he having a nightmare? Kyungsoo paused his singing and waited for the signs but instead the boy just gave a small whine. Kyungsoo froze –it seemed like the boy was-.

His eyes widened as the males eyes fluttered open. The male blinked a bit before eyes setting on Kyungsoo; still completely drowsy.

“shhhhh,” Kyungsoo tried to soothe him to sleep but then realized that the boy may freak out seeing a random large eyes boy next to him as he his hair, Kyungsoo introduced himself. “I-I’m Kyungsoo, please just sleep. Y-you’re still weak.” He whispered.

The male’s half opened eyes looked at him for a couple seconds before nodding –feeling strange comfort in Kyungsoo’s touch. But before the boy could fall asleep Kyungsoo just had to ask one question. Just one to settle his curiosity for now.

“What’s your name?” the elder asked softly.

The boy brought his deep brown eyes to meet Kyungsoo’s and the elder found his heart beat spike. For the first time the boy opened his mouth as his name slipped from his lips. His voice thick and a bit rough but it was smooth and Kyungsoo found himself melt.

“Jongin.”

Jongin...Kyungsoo repeated the name a couple times in his head.

“D-don’t… stop.” The boy continued. Kyungsoo looked at him curiously and was about to ask what he meant until the next word out of the boys mouth shocked Kyungsoo.

“Sing.”

 

The boy stayed asleep for the next couple days and all the while Kyungsoo sang to him every chance he got. Therefore, Yixing had no choice but to placec an IV in his arm to replace the food he wasn't receiving. Looking at Jongin’s sleeping form, Kyungsoo began to question whether he had imagined the entire thing. But the sound of his voice and his rich bright brown eyes haunted Kyungsoo –each night while looking at the boy he willed for him to open his eyes again. But Kyungsoo got nothing.

 

Kyungsoo walked into his room sighing after another day of waiting, ready to return once everyone was asleep. He didn’t notice the small male that lay on the bed adjacent from his own until he heard the familiar voice.

“Hey Soo,” a tired soft voice called.

Kyungsoo’s eyes snapped up to see Luhan sitting crossed legged smiling wryly. “Luhan?!!” Kyungsoo asked in shock. It had already been a week and a half since the boy went into heat –longer than usual but again, Luhans age affected a lot. “When did you..?” He inspected Luhan closely and saw the bags under his eyes, his face was pale and he just looked so so tired.

Luhan sighed and faked a glare at his friend, “Kyungsoo, I should kill you for letting Sehun take care of me.” Kyungsoo instantly felt bad, since he was taking care of Jongin, he never argued with Sehun when the younger said he would watch over Luhan. “He even cleaned me up and insisted on carrying me to bed.” Luhan closed his eyes as he laughed –but it was strained.

“He never told me that you were done,” Kyungsoo explained but he should’ve figured, Sehun would do anything to take care of Luhan himself and prove the older boy that he really cared for him.

Luhan looked at the smaller in surprise before shaking his head when he realized the same, “That idiot… I told him to tell you but he came back saying that you were busy…” He bit his lip as he went into deep thought.

Kyungsoo walked up to his hyung and sat next to him. “He just wants to take care of you Luhan,” he explained softly, watching as Luhan’s eyes began to gloss over.

Luhan laughed the same strained laugh, he rubbed his hand over his face but it turned into a choked sob as tears began to fall. “I can’t let him Soo. I can’t.”

“Luhan.” Kyungsoo could feel his heart break at his friends’ pain. He understood what Luhan meant and it hurt him to know what Luhan had to go through.

“It’s not fair to him! I-I can’t j-just can’t… a-and when I went into heat. F- Kyungsoo. I-I almost- I fricken said those GODDAMN STUPID things.” Kyungsoo gathered his crying hyung in his arms, the boy shook as he broke down. “I’m such a ing idiot.” Kyungsoo ignored the comment and rocked the boy in his arms, trying his best to soothe him.

“You’re getting older Hyung… you’re getting worse.” Kyungsoo said gently once Luhan had calmed down a bit. Luhan knew what he implied –these things happening to him; they weren’t safe. “Sehun, he really cares for you Luhan. He won’t care about what happened.”

But Luhan shook his head, “Y-You don’t know that. B-but it doesn’t matter Soo… Being with Sehun… I’d rather die Kyungsoo. I’d rather die than let Sehun be with me.” It was always the same answer. “He deserves more.”

Going into Heat was never as hard as coming out of it.

That night Kyungsoo didn’t go to Jongin’s room. He stayed next to Luhan all night, comforting the sad male. As much as Jongin intrigued him, Luhan was always Kyungsoo’s number one priority. Only an Omega could understand an Omega.

The next morning Luhan had gone back to his regular self- despite the puffy eyes. He was smiling and bouncing around happily, but Kyungsoo noticed how Luhan avoided Sehun. He was sure he wasn’t the only one, but this wouldn’t be the first time either.

“So someone wanna fill me in on the guy upstairs? I caught some of his scent but I still have no clue who he is,” Luhan asked as he took a big bite of his breakfast –his appetite back to normal.

“We brought him back the day you went into heat,” Kris told him, wiping the side of Taos mouth where some food had stuck. The smaller blushed and stuck his tongue out at his mate but Kris just chuckled.

Luhan made a face at the couple, “Would someone who isn’t disgusting please explain more?”  The Alpha and his mate glared at the elder but Luhan stuck his tongue out at them.

Everyone laughed and Chanyeol ended up explaining the rest.

“Ohhhhhh,” Luhan nodded, “So that’s why Kyungsoo’s scent was so prominent from that room. I thought he moved in there!! I could practically hear him 24/7 in there while I was in the heat room. I was wondering why…” Kyungsoo’s eyes widened, he completely forgot about the exceptionally hearing omega’s had, especially during heat –not to mention how the rooms were right next to each other.

The Alpha male raised his brow, “What are you talking about? Kyungsoo’s only been there during the day.” His gaze turned to Kyungsoo, who closed his eyes; .

“But I swore I could hear him singing every night,” Luhan continued. Kyungsoo’s eyes darkened when he saw the glint in the elders eyes.

“Shut up Luhan.” He warned his hyung.

“Kyungsoo.” Kris said accusingly. The smaller male turned his wide eyes to his alpha, “I-I”

“Kyungsoo broke the rules?!” Chen cried smiling. Baekhyun grinned and clapped his hands, “I’m so proud of you Kyung!”

Kyungsoo looked at everybody then at the accusing Alpha and Beta. “I-I didn’t.. I mean-“

“What song were you singing to him Soo? It was so pretty~ you must’ve been so busy singing to him because I think I’ve memorized the lyrics now!”

Kyungsoo’s jaw dropped, “You little er!! This is because of last night isn’t it!!”

Luhan smiled innocently and shrugged, "what are you talking about?" Kyungsoo felt his blood begin to boil and before he had a chance to yell some more Chanyeol interrupted him.

“Omg Kyungsoo SWORE” Chanyeol cried, hugging Baekhyun while Baekhyun pretended to faint and placed a hand against his heart, “breaking rules AND swearing?? my little boy is growing up!”

Kyungsoo glared at the two, “Shut up before ripe out your tongues and feed them to the wolves.” He growled at the elders.

Everyone at the table Ooh’d at the little male’s threat.

“We ARE wolves Kyungsoo,” Xiumin snickered cheekily. Happily enjoying the scene playing out in front of them; Yixing was leaning back on his chair chuckling, even Sehun had a small smile on his lips. The Alpha and Beta were standing side by side, unhappy at what they were hearing. The rest were laughing their heads off.

Suho sighed and shook his head, “Okay, that’s enough before Kyungsoo blows up on all of you.” The omega looked ready to commit mass murder with those small hands of his.

“Everyone out.” Kris then commanded, authority dripping from his tone, it was evident that his Alpha wolf took over. Of course this made everyone bow their heads in submission and shut up as they left the room unhappy.

“Kyungsoo,” Suho continued so that the small male looked over at the Beta and Alpha –who were the only ones left. “Want to explain?”

Kyungsoo looked at the Beta for a moment before sighing and looking down. “H-he…” Kyungsoo contemplated whether to tell them that Jongin had woken up, but he decided against it as he looked at the Alpha’s face. “He …I don’t know… looked like he needed someone next to him.” Kyungsoo said. “At night… I would wake up because I heard him having nightmares. S-singing was the only way I could c-calm him down.” The boy looked down, face red in embarrassment.

Kris sighed, “Then you should’ve woken one of us up Soo, we would’ve gone in with you.”

Kyungsoo made a face and shook his head. “I didn’t want to bother any of you!” he cried. “Besides… I’m not that weak Kris… I’m still a wolf. At the very least… I can protect myself from a sick injured alpha.” He mumbled.

Both Kris’ and Suho’s features softened as they looked at their omega. Suho walked over to Kyungsoo and wrapped an arm around him, “We know Kyungsoo, and we just worry. You know how much we all care about you.”

Kyungsoo nodded, knowing that quite well. “I’ll be fine though, really.” He insisted.

The Alpha and Beta shared a look before nodding. “Alright Kyungsoo, maybe that rule was a bit unusual to have.” Kris admitted.

“Sooooo…?”

Suho smiled at the omega, “You’re free to do what you want.”

Kyungsoo grinned and jumped up, hugging the Beta and Alpha. He wasn’t much of a hugger so the poor boys were so shocked by the Youngers display of affection that they didn’t have a chance to hug him back.

Kris was the first to recover once Kyungsoo let go, “Well someone’s awfully happy.” He said, causing Kyungsoo to blush slightly.

“So you’ve been singing to the boy have you?” Suho grinned, joining Kris in the teasing.

“That doesn’t seem fair, you hardly sing in front of us,” Kris complained, an amused smile gracing his lips.

The elders had to say, it was worth being punched in the stomach by the smaller just to see the bright red blush spread to his ears.

Kyungsoo left the kitchen and rushed past the living room to avoid the others teasing calls.-but not before passing Luhan and kicking him in the . He grinned as he ran up the stairs hearing Luhans pained cries.

Kyungsoo burst into Jongins room, forgetting to be quiet and stopped once he caught sight of the sleeping male. The embarrassment that once was clear on the omegas face had now vanished as he sat by Jongin’s bedside. Kyungsoo lay his head on his hand as he stared at the boys face, he hesitantly reached out and the boys head, thinking back to his deep brown eyes, and his smooth voice.“When will you wake up?” Kyungsoo whispered, his fingers trailing over his eyes, down his nose, then he poked the male's bronze cheek.

All of a sudden Jongin stirred, whining. Kyungsoo jumped back and watched in horror, for the alpha boy whined in a way that Kyungsoo recognized well. 

“Oh crap no! not now!” Kyungsoo whispered desperately. “I didn’t mean now!!”  Kyungsoo began swearing in his mind as shot up from the bed, watching helplessly as the boy slowly cracked his eyes open and directed his attention to the omega.

Kyungsoo took in a sharp breath, he clearly hadn’t been remembering Jongin’s eyes as well as he thought because they were even more beautiful than he remembered.

Jongin made a move to sit up but hissed when pain shot up from his abdomen. The hiss was enough for Kyungsoo to snap out of shock.

“Ah, don’t move too much! You’re still hurt!” he said frantically. Upon hearing Kyungsoo say that, the male lifted his shirt as if to check himself and looked at Kyungsoo when he saw bandages wrapped around him. Kyungsoo saw so many questions in the male’s dark brown eyes.

“y-you were hurt… b-by two bears. Two o-of our alphas, th-they um brought you here b-because you were injured. I’ve um been taking c-care of you.” Kyungsoo then realized that he hadn’t even introduced himself. “I-I’m Kyungsoo! I’ve been t-taking care of you! Oh my gosh I said that already. I’m sorry, I just-uh-I….Hi…” Kyungsoo mumbled and how he wished a black whole would just swallow him up.

Jongin on the other hand looked at Kyungsoo and raised a brow in amusement, this hadn’t been what he was expecting; waking up to see a small male with cute cheeks, huge eyes, thick lips, thick eyebrows and dark hair.

Suddenly Jongin had a memory pop up, “You’re the one who sang.” He blurted out. He probably should’ve introduced himself, or asked more questions… like where he was exactly…or how bad were his wounds. Yet the first words that came out of his mouth was one that seemed equally as important.

He watched as the smaller boy –Kyungsoo- blushed bright red, even though his expression didn’t show anything. “wh—what makes you say that?” Kyungsoo asked, not meeting Jongin’s eyes.

Jongin blinked, thinking back, “I think I woke up once? I remember singing and your face.” That was all he remembered actually. “Was I dreaming?” he muttered curiously. But that wouldn’t make sense since he was sure he saw Kyungsoo’s face somewhere.

Kyungsoo shook his head, “n-no. You were right. I-it was me.”

Jongin directed a small quick smirk towards Kyungsoo –Jongin didn’t do smiles if he could help it, effectively causing the boy to blush again. Jongin realized that the boy was a blusher, he didn’t show his emotions but the redness on his face made it easier to tell when he was embarrassed. “You have nice voice.” He complimented.

Before Kyungsoo had a chance to stutter out a reply the bedroom door burst open and a tall rough looking male- an alpha for sure, a smaller pale male –beta, and a small baby faced male – another omega??, came through.

“Kyungsoo? Luhan said he heard a new voice an-“ Kris stopped talking and all three stared at the male siting up in bed.

“Kyungsoo,” Suho said, “Was there something you forget to tell us?”

“umm… He’s awake,” Kyungsoo said wryly.

“No Sherlock,” Luhan remarked sarcastically.

Kyungsoo gave a rigid glare at his hyung, “Shut up before I actually rip out your tongue.” He was getting pretty close considering what happened earlier.

Jongin’s eyebrows shot up hearing the small boy’s threat. Who knew that the little guy who stuttered and blushed could actually be menacing.

Kris ignored the omegas and kept watching the younger male, “Who are you?” he finally asked once Suho had calmed down the boys.

Kyungsoo watched in uncertainty as Jongin’s bright brown eyes suddenly got dark and murky and a wave of dominance filled the room. This made both Luhan and Kyungsoo tense -their natural instinct to submit to such strong power. It was as if Jongin had a guard up, a whole new mask on. No one must know, protect yourself. Emotions get in the way, hide your thoughts, hide your soul, and show nothing.

“I’m Kai.” His smooth voice sounded more rough than usual.

“A lone wolf.”