Stuttering

Please Don't Go

The dominace that radiated off the young alpha had Kyungsoo shuddeing. Kris noticed it and growled at Kai in warning. The Alpha relaesed his own pheremones which immediatly over took Kai's and heped Kyungsoo and Luhan relax a bit. Kyungsoo looked at Jongin –Kai- in surprise. Kai? Wasn’t his name Jongin? He had told him his name was Jongin. But another fact had stunned them all into silence. Kai had just confessed to being a lone wolf.

A lone wolf wasn’t a lone wolf for no reason – everyone knew that. Those who left their packs on their own, whether to form a new pack or find a new pack, were called wanderers. Most usually had a new family in less than a year. Yixing, Tao, Baekhyun, Luhan, Xiumin and Kyungsoo had all been wanderers until they stumbled upon Kris’ pack.

Lone wolves were different, lone wolves were thrown out of their packs. Usually it was because they had committed a crime against their own pack, or had done something so horrible that their pack refused to have anything more to do with them. They were feared and always avoided. Always. It was typically easy to tell a lone wolf from a wanderer, they would declare themselves when approached. Maybe it was because some were sick psychos who were proud that they lone wolves? Kyungso wasn't sure but apparently if a lone wolf were to deceive a pack and not declare themslves they would be immediatly killed. But there was one more sign, before they were thrown out they would be marked on their backs with four claw marks that made an X. Yet Jongin-Kai had none. Kyungso found it strange, but the  again here he was nursing one of them back to health.

“You’re… a lone wolf?” Luhan squeaked. Kyungsoo was staring in shock.. He cautiously looked over at Kris and Suho, he just KNEW any second that they would jump up, push Kyungsoo and Luhan away –because what was more dangerous than a lone wolf?-and throw out the young alpha.

However, contrary to Kyungsoo’s beliefs, both Kris and Suho looked relatively calm -despite Kris having growled at the boy and threatening him with his own dominating pheremones. They shared a look with each other; communicating silently since they knew each other almost as well as their mates did. Jongin was still sitting up on bed, his expression dark –waiting to be growled and snarled at before being kicked out.

Instead, he got the tall alpha –Kris- sizing him up before looking at the beta next to him, and then turning back to Jongin.

“Alright,” Kris replied, nodding.

Jongin’s façade dropped, his dark eyes instantly back to an innocent brown; confusion lacing every feature. That was not the reaction he had been expecting. Luhan and Kyungsoo were no different, their jaws had dropped as they looked at their alpha as though he had grown another smiling head. “I’m Kris, Alpha of this pack. This is Suho, Beta.” Suho smiled warmly at the shocked boy.

Kris then motioned to Kyungsoo and Luhan, “These are our omegas. Luhan and Kyungsoo. But I think you already know Kyungsoo.”

Jongin could do nothing but nod his head, but after a second of processing the words he realized something. “Wait… both of them… aren’t mated” he stated. That may have been a strange thing to say, but seeing two unmated omegas was just as shocking as finding a lone wolf. When he woke up he knew Kyungsoo hadn’t been mated and when the other three had burst in he only noticed the other omega. He didn’t really pay attention to him, he did however notice that Kris was mated so he naturally assumed that the other omega was his mate.

Kris chuckled, it was normal for people to be surprised. Both Kyungsoo and Luhan were blushing. They already knew having two omegas was rare on its own, but having two omegas, neither of whom were mated to the alpha, or to anyone at all, was unheard of. “That’s right, my mate is downstairs.” Kris replied.

Suho chuckled and wrapped his arms around the omegas, “Luhannie here refuses to mate –even though he’s 24- and Kyungsoo hasn’t found anyone he’s interested in. Not that I blame him. The only choice left in this pack is probably Sehun.” He grinned as he saw Luhan pale at the mention of Kyungsoo and Sehun mating.

Jongin must have been to shocked for words, not only was he still sitting in bed after confessing he was a lone wolf, but he was being introduced to a type of pack he never knew existed.

Kris chuckled and said that Kai must be in shock especially after being woken. He ordered Kyungsoo to stay there while the rest would go inform the others -but not before warning Kai to mind himself and not make his omega umcomfortable. He then said that throughout the day he would send the others to introduce themselves since Kai wasn’t able to get up yet.

Before the Alpha left the room Kyungsoo grabbed onto his arm. “I-I don’t understand. Y-you’re letting me-? Even-even though he’s a-?” Kyungsoo was so confused. He usually understood why Kris did things in a strange and unorthodox fashion –but this was something he just couldn’t wrap his head around.

Kris put a hand on Kyungsoo’s shoulders, “You saw it too didn’t you Kyung. He’s hiding something –his eyes, they’re just like Luhan’s when he came to us.” Kyungsoo thought back to the dark piercing untrusting eyes. No clear emotion in them. Dead. “I’m letting you stay with him alone because I know he won’t hurt you. If I’m wrong then he’s dead.” Kris shrugged as if it were nothing. "Besides, you noticed it too right?" Kyungsoo looked at his Alpha in confusion. "That he doesn't have the mark. Something isn't right."

Kyungsoo had to admit, he wanted to believe the Alpha but he had his doubts. Yes, he thought the alpha boy was adorable at times and how he felt a robust urge to take care of him. But Kyungsoo had also just met him just minutes ago (technically), and he was not one to trust easily.

If Kyungsoo had to imagine this situation he would’ve imagined the opposite. The Alpha would be the one unsure about the injured boy, skeptical about the danger surrounding him. Whereas the omega would be the one to stand up for him and try to convince the Alpha that the boy meant no harm.

Wouldn’t that be the usual way? Yet here he was, hesitant about the boy in bed. Whereas his Alpha was the one reassuring him that the lone wolf meant no harm to their pack.

Pushing the thoughts away, Kyungsoo turned back to “Kai” as the awkward silence filled the room.

The said boy was looking at his hands, still attempting to grasp his situation.

Desperate to fill the space now present Kyungsoo opened his mouth. “Is that really your name?” The elder found himself blurting out.

The boy looked up, “What?” he asked, still a bit disoriented. His name? Didn’t he just tell them?

“K-Kai? Is that your, like, actual name?”

Jongin’s eyes darkened once again. A tall brick wall shot up and formed around him within seconds, refusing to let anyone through –it was impenetrable and it was the only way to protect himself. “What makes you think that it’s not?” his voice was tight, guarded.  

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened in panic, was he not supposed to let Kai know that he knew? “I-uh No reason! I-its just that Kai is a b-bit of a different name. Just- w-well …L-like Suho’s real name is Joonmyun! and –uh- Chen –you haven’t met him yet- his real name is Jongdae! And-uh...I’m sorry!” Kyungsoo closed his eyes in embarrassment. Way to go at making a fool of yourself idiot, Kyungsoo groaned in his head.

When he cracked an eye open, he saw Kai looking at him in amusement. “You stutter a lot.” The tightness gone, his tone lighter and more playful.

Kyungsoo blushed. “And blush a lot,” he continued.

“I-I do not!” Kyungsoo argued, even though he knew it was the truth.

Kai smirked –but it looked more of a smile now- “You’re doing both right now,” he stated.

Kyungsoo was left gaping, he tried to think of something to say in return but Kai had got him. That is, until he heard a deep laugh coming from the boy. Now Kyungsoo had a whole new thing to gape about. For the first time Kai was actually chuckling –it may not be laughing but Kyungsoo noted how cute his smile was and how his eyes would light up.

Kai smiled, “You’re really interesting Kyungsoo.” And Kyungsoo swore he felt his heart skip a beat.

Refusing to answer, Kyungsoo remembered that Kai still had old bandages. “I-I should change your bandages before the others come up.”

Kai nodded and laid back, still smiling in amusement at Kyungsoo’s obvious tactic to change the subject.

Kyungsoo looked down as he walked carefully towards Jongin, an obvious attempt to hide their face. Walking up to Kai’s bedside, Kyungsoo refused to meet his eyes. Instead he trained his eyes to the bloody bandages as he unraveled them. Once again, Kyungsoo winced when he saw the wound. It wasn’t as bad as it had first been but it was still cringe worthy.

“Well ” Kyungsoo heard Kai curse. “How the hell did I not realize that it was that ing deep?” he muttered.

“y-you didn’t know?” Kyungsoo found himself asking. Kai muttered a string of curses as Kyungsoo cleaned the wound again with medicine.

“No,” Kai panted, eyes closed and head tilted back as he tried to endure the pain. “I only remember the stupid bear swiping at me and I thought it was just a ing scratch.” While Kyungsoo began putting on new bandages, he noticed Kai was still concentrating on his breathing. But it shouldn’t be that painful, the medicine he used was made specifically by Yixing and the boy had made sure that it would numb the pain as much as it could.

“You don’t take pain very well do you?” Kyungsoo asked. Now it was his turn to be amused as he watched Kai’s bronze face redden.

“That’s a stupid question,” Kai told him, yet he did not meet the elder’s eyes.

Kyungsoo smiled and crossed his arms. “No it’s not. That was a stupid answer.”

Kai looked up and the two boys stared at each other, a playful little war raging between them. Smiles beginning to linger at the corner of their mouths.

But then Kai smirked, “You didn’t stutter this time.”

The blush came back in record time as Kyungsoo’s jaw dropped and the words, “I-I. I-its- n-no!” found the way out of his mouth.

And this time Kai didn’t hold back and let out a deep laugh ring throughout the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A little while later, right before lunch time and a couple hours after Kris, Suho and Luhan left, the door burst open and three boys rushed in.

The minute Kyungsoo got one look at them, he groaned. “Kris let all three of you guys up here at once?” he cried in disbelief.

Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongdae grinned. “You could say that all three of us have our ways,” Jongdae smirked as he shared a look with the alpha and beta next to him.

The boys all then turned their attention to the boy in bed.

“So you’re the lone wolf huh?” Baekhyun asked, coming up and inspecting the boy a little too close for comfort. Kai leaned back and nodded, a little bit frightened by the aura that the three boys were sending out.

“Hmm, he doesn’t look like he could kill, “Jongdae inspected, lifting up one of Kais arms.

“Hey!” Kai cried, pulling it back.

Lifting up Kai's blanket and peeking underneath, Chanyeol laughed in agreement. “He doesn’t even look like he’s strong enough to beat Kris,” 

“YAH,” Kai cried, flailing around to get away from the approaching boys. The lone wolf never felt to threatened as he did looking at the three males.

Kyungsoo groaned and pushed them back, “Don’t you guys understand personal space??”

The three boys turned to look at their beloved omega. “Kyungie,” Jongdae chuckled as he wrapped an arm around him, “Since when do we care anything for personal space?”

Baekhyun laughed and pinched the smaller’s cheek, “exactly. How many times have I walked in on you taking a shower?”

Kyungsoo glowered. “Don’t make me hurt you,” he threatened.

Kai noted how all three boys –who were still grinning- took a noticeable step back. Apparently Kyungsoo didn’t give empty threats.

Kyungsoo sighed and looked at Kai, “I’m sorry. These idiots are Jongdae, Chanyeol and his should be mate, but they’re just to dumb and slow to ing mate, Baekhyun.”

Kai’s eyes widened in amusement and surprise while Jongdae let out a huge snort.

“KYUNGSOO,” Chanyeol and Baekhyun both screeched, looking at the smug male with wide eyes.

“oh come on, the entire pack knows.” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes as he explained, “You honestly think we wouldn’t notice? Especially me? An omega?”

The two boys blushed bright red were about to retort when they heard a deep chuckle come from the lone wolf. Kyungsoo spun around to meet the boy’s eyes. “You don’t seem to stutter when you’re threatening people huh?” Kai observed, his smirk teasing the omega.

Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Jongdae turned to look at Kyungsoo with grins on their faces.

“Awwwww, Kyunggie was stuttering again!!” Jongdae cooed.

“You know,” Baekhyun grinned as he leaned closer to Kai, “If he stutters that means he’s either nervous or flustered.”

ing hell, Kyungsoo groaned in his head. He closed his eyes and took a deep long breath, on the verge of begging for a hole to swallow him up.

“Since he actually sang for you I’d say he was flustered,” Chen sniggered.

Ok… maybe the hole should just swallow the three idiots.

“Does he not usually sing?” Kai then asked.

“NO,” Chanyeol cried, “Kyungsoo NEVER sings for us! He threatens! He orders! He makes fun of us!”

“Yet he never sings for anyone except Luhan,” Baekhyun pouted, “and I’m his best friend!”

Yes, Kyungsoo concluded, a hole should open up right underneath the three and swallow them up forever and ever.

“OK,” Kyungsoo yelled, he grabbed the three boys and began to push them towards the door. “Time to leave.”

“but we wanna talk to the lone wolf!!” Jongdae cried, trying to resist Kyungsoo’s hold.

“Leave,” Kyungsoo repeated.

“Kyunggie! We didn’t even get to ask him any questions!” Baekhyun whined.

“I said leave”

“But Kyung-“

The Omega glared at them, “Leave before I make every meal a living hell for you.”

The three clamped their mouths shut and pouted as they allowed Kyungsoo to push them out. The last time they ignored Kyungsoo’s threat about eating, Kyungsoo was most effective when he threatened their food.

“Bye Kai!! We’ll talk to you soon!” Chanyeol cried as they were pushed out.

Kyungsoo huffed as he shut the door, “no they won’t.” He muttered.

“So,” Kai started when the smaller male turned back to him. “You don’t usually sing for anyone do you?”

“uh-“ Kyungsoo went back to blushing, “Maybe…”

Kai raised a brow, “Maybe?”

“w-well, y-you see..a..Are you hungry!? You’re probably hungry, Ill go –uh- make you some food.” Kyungsoo changed the subject, he didn’t care that he was being obvious. But before he could run out the door Kai stopped him.

“It’s fine, I don’t want anything.” And Kyungsoo noted again how his voice had become flat, emotionless.

Kyungsoo frowned and looked at the younger, “You’re injured,” he said pointedly. “You have to eat.”

Kai shook his head, “I don’t want anything.” He insisted.

Now if there was one thing Kyungsoo felt strongly about, it was food. Lucky for him all the boys were good eaters and there had only been a handful of times where he chased Baekhyun or Sehun around for not finishing their food –effectively shoving the food down their throats.

So when Kyungsoo crossed his arms and began to glare, he meant business. “You’re being an idiot. You’ve been out of it for days, obviously you should be starving.”

“Well I’m not,” Kai replied, returning a hard glare.

“Well too bad,” Kyungsoo retorted. “I’m getting you some ing food.”

“Look-“

“No you look!” Kyungsoo said effectively cutting off the younger. “I’m supposed to take care of you so shut the up and eat the food that I’ll bring you.”

Kai was definitely surprised by the smaller male’s choice of words, as well as the fact that he had yet to stutter. However he was still unhappy that Kyungsoo was arguing with him, so he turned away from Kyungsoo while muttering a small “whatever.”

Kyungsoo left the room with a huff, he was irritated and confused to say the least. One minute the alpha is smirking and teasing him, next second he’s guarded and mysterious and goddamn puzzling!

After slamming around in the kitchen while making the food (the rest of the boys coward in the living room, completely terrified of Kyungsoo when he was in the Kitchen angry), he marched upstairs with tray in his hands. Kyungsoo made his way back into the room and the tray of food into the scowling boys lap. “Here,” he told Kai, “I cut some fruits and vegetables too because you need the vitamins and-“

“I don’t like vegetables.”

Kyungsoo blinked, “… Excuse me?”

“I said I don’t like vegetables.”

“You… don’t like vegetables?”

“I hate them,” Kai clarified.

“You hate them.”

“Are you deaf?” The younger asked rudely looking at Kyungsoo strangely. And Kyungsoo cracked.

“DEAF?!” The elder screeched. “I’m an OMEGA! I have better hearing than you, you stupid ungrateful piece of !!”

“P-Piece of-?” Kai looked at him in disbelief. “Then why are you repeating everything I say??” Kai questioned him accusingly.

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened as he scoffed, “b-because you said- you said you DIDN’T like vegetables!!”

Kai rolled his eyes, was the omega serious? “I don’t just not like them, I HATE them,” he emphasized.

“But I made them!!” Kyungsoo cried.

“So?” Kai snorted, “They look disgusting.”

 

 

“Kyungsoo? What’s all the n-“

“EAT IT YOU THOUGHTLESS UNAPPRECIATIVE LITTLE ”

“KEEP THOSE DISGUSTING THINGS ING AWAY FROM ME YOU LITTLE -MMPPHH-“

Kris, Suho, and the rest of the boys watched in horror from the doorway as Kyungsoo straddled Kai, trying to shove a second piece of broccoli into his mouth.

The poor boy was still weak from his injuries so his attempt to get the omega off were pointless. Kyungsoo was unrelenting as he shoved broccoli, a carrot, a slice of cucumber and some spinach in Kai’s mouth. Still struggling to keep Kai from wiggling, Kyungsoo forced him to chew and swallow the vegetables.

Without a word the boys shut the door and went to the living room.

Kris coughed before looking at the rest of the boys, “That never happened.” And the rest were quick to agree.