Love is weird

Please Don't Go

The rest of the picnic went by without incident. Although Kai- Jongin’s face hadn’t seemed to stop being red for a while. That was probably due to Kyungsoo explaining to him how the alpha had woken up before and told him his name, he left out the part where Kai had asked him to continue singing because – well because it was obviously embarrassing; more so than it already was.

After Kyungsoo finished explaining, Jongin let out a small ‘oh’ –his face bright red- unable to say anything else before Jongdae and Chanyeol raced up to them to get them to play.

They all spent the rest of that day lounging around the lake, playing Frisbee, soccer and even racing. Jongin had been the referee in all three. Not that he minded, he rather enjoyed arguing and calling Jongdae, Chanyeol and Baekhyun out for cheating.

It was a week later and as Jongin was on the couch, leg propped up and bandages still covering his wounds as he played video games with Tao and Sehun, that he was thinking about why he had told the omega. He had been a bit worried at first, he didn’t know why he had said it, but he didn’t seem to regret it. No, in fact Kai actually felt relieved. Even more so when he would actually hear Kyungsoo call him by his real name.

“Jongin What the are you eating? Who the hell gave you a bag of oily chips when your healing!!?”

“hey Jongin? Are you cold? Want me to bring more blankets?”

“Jongin what do you want for dinner?”

“wake up Jongin.”

“I swear to god Jongin, if you don’t ing wake up I’m bringing Chanyeol up here.”

He also found himself slightly happy when the omega began yelling at him, it was nice actually. Not to mention how cute the little omega looked when he was fuming.  

The others still called him Kai though, they had noticed Kyungsoo calling the alpha boy by a different name but didn’t comment on it, figuring it was best to let it be. Jongin was grateful for that. It’s been awhile since he had heard anyone call him by his birth name, hearing it brought feelings up that he would have rather kept hidden, kept away in the depth of his heart, because with emotions brought memories. And to Jongin, memories were ruthless.

That’s what he kept telling himself, the truth was that Jongin would also feel an incredible warmth engulf his body each and every time his name came from the omega’s lips. But this warmth also scared him. How was he supposed to act around the small male when he just seemed to spill things he also meant to keep secret? He knew that the wall he put up, the one he worked so hard to build, slowly deteriorate with every conversation. Kai, the cold lone wolf, was terrified of a small large eyed, food obsessed omega.

“Kai!! You just let Sehun kill three of your men!!” Tao screamed at him. Sehun was smiling smugly, as he continued trying to beat Kai. The two alpha's had become extremely competitive and always seemed to be arguing and challenging each other. Thankfully, since Kai was injured there was only so much that they could do.

“,” Kai swore, snapping back to the game. “What do I do??” he whined trying to salvage what he lost and looked at Tao for help.

The beta groaned, “I told you to cover the north end! Not head in the opposite direction!”

“Well what do I do nowWW STOP IT SEHUN!!” the younger alpha smirked as he killed two more of kai’s men.

“Hey Jongin,” Kyungsoo jumped into the living room with the three, coming up to Kai’s side.

“Hm?” the alpha asked absentmindedly, focusing on following Tao’s orders.

The omega frowned, he had something important to tell the boy. “Jongin!” he tried again.

“What?” He was set on avenging his fallen troops, grinning when Tao whispered something in his ear. He was soooo close-

“,” Sehun screamed as Kai took out 6 of his men at once. “You using Tao, that’s cheating.” He grumbled.

Jongin laughed happily, “Don’t be such a baby Sehunnie.” Earning him a growl and a shove with a “ing ” from the younger.

Kyungsoo was, at this point, pissed. He marched in front of the three, ignoring the groans and whines, and crossed his arms. He didn’t say anything, opting to glare at the younger. Understanding that he really shouldn’t ignore the omega, Jongin put down the controller and looked expectantly at the elder. “Yes Kyungsoo?”

Satisfied that he was finally being listened to, the smaller smiled. “Like I was trying to say,” he stated. “Your cast can come off.”

Jongin blinked before processing exactly what Kyungsoo had said. “What?” he asked, unsure if he had really heard correctly.

Kyungsoo’s grin grew wider as a small blush graced his face, “W-well not completely. But Yixing said he could change it to a smaller one. And the stiches on your ribs have pretty much healed so instead of the wheelchair, you only need crutches. You just have to be a bit careful.”

“You’re serious?” kai asked in disbelief that meant he was one step closer to being able to walk!

The omega crossed his arms, “you really have to start believing what I say Jongin. I mean I understand if you don’t wanna believe someone like Baekhyun, I mean its Baekhyun. But you should believe me!”

“Kyungsoo”

“When have I ever lied to you about anything? Never! So you should stop being so skeptical of me and take what I say seriously!... unless you know I’m joking or something, or like-“

“Kyungsoo!” Jongin laughed, effectively shutting up the elder. “Even though you’re stuttering less you seem to be babbling more.” Even Sehun and Tao chuckled at the brighter blush that spread to Kyungsoo’s ears.

“I-I do not!”

“Do too.”

“No!”

“yes, you do.”

“Jongin I do not!”

“Kyungsoo yes you do!” Kai was laughing at this point as he mocked the elder.

A red face Kyungsoo glared at the laughing alpha who didn’t notice the elder’s dark gaze. Sehun and Tao however backed away a bit, knowing what was coming.

“OW Kyungsoo!!!” The other two burst into laughter at the expected result.

“Screw you,” the omega muttered, satisfied with the punch to the arm he gave him. He stomped out of the room with Jongin’s laughter following him, “Oh come on Soo!”

Kyungsoo blushed as he flopped onto his bed. Somehow Jongin had taken to calling him ‘Soo’. Even though the others called him that as well, Kyungsoo’s chest always seemed to expand when Jongin said it.

“Screw him,” the omega repeated into his pillow.

“Screw who?”

Luhan’s voice frightened Kyungsoo as he shot up from bed. “No one,” was his immediate response.

Luhan snorted, obviously not believing his best friend. “You at lying.” He said as he began picking up the laundry off the floor.

Kyungsoo blushed and looked at his hands, “well you in general,” he mumbled, only to get a pillow thrown at his face.

Laughing, the elder abandoned the laundry basket at the foot of his bed and sat across from the glaring younger.

“Okay, wanna explain why you’re mumbling for Kai to go screw himself?”

“Who said I was talking about him?” Kyungsoo muttered.

Luhan grinned, “Wellll, Baekhyun and Chanyeol are with Mineok, Suho and Kris meeting with another pack. Chen is in bed with a cold, Lay is in his room and Sehun and Tao are too busy playing video games. Who else would it be?” he replied cheekily.

The younger omega shrugged and flopped onto his stomach on his bed. “Maybe it’s you.”

Luhan made a tsking sound, “I know for sure that I haven’t bothered you today, well not yet anyway.” Making Kyungsoo groan.

“Go away Luhan.”

Luhan laughed and patted Kyungsoo’s head. “Okay, Okay,” he got up and picked up the laundry basket again. He glanced at Kyungsoo who lay face down but obviously in deep thought. “Want me to finish the chores today?” he asked softly, knowing that the younger probably wasn’t in the mood to do anything.

Not lifting his head up, Kyungsoo nodded into the mattress, “Yes please.” Luhan smiled and ruffled the Youngers hair, he often forgot that Kyungsoo was so much younger than him since Luhan was the one usually being taken care of by Kyungsoo.

Carrying the laundry basket with one hand, Luhan stepped into the hallway.

“Are you doing the laundry?”

A startled Luhan spun around to see Sehun walking towards him. Unconsciously, Luhan took a step back not noticing Sehun freeze and take a step back himself. “Ah, Sehun! Y-yea, Kyungsoo isn’t feeling well so I’m doing the chores today.”

The maknae nodded, “Oh.” They both stood awkwardly for a few seconds, Sehun staring at the elder as Luhan looked anywhere but Sehun.

“S-Shouldn’t you be playing video games with kai and Tao?” He heard Sehun scoff and looked up to see Sehun roll his eyes.

“Kai’s cheating, that bastard has Tao on his side telling him what to do.” His voice was annoyed but Luhan noticed how Sehun’s lips curled slightly at the corners. He’d be lying if he said that it didn’t make his heart clench.

“So I guess I’ll help you.”

Luhan snapped up to look at Sehun in slight shock. “W-what? You don’t have too!” he insisted as he watched Sehun make his way to Chanyeol’s room.

Sehun paused and raised a brow, “Would you rather get the laundry from Chanyeol’s room?”

Luhan thought about it for a second before shuddering and shaking his head. The loud alpha had the messiest room that Luhan had ever laid eyes on. It was a miracle when he ever had it clean (usually thanks to a certain small sassy beta’s insistence).

“Exactly,” Sehun nodded, opening the door without another word.

That’s how they worked for a while, gathering clothes and sorting them into the appropriate piles; in silence. Luhan opened and closed his mouth a few times, trying to figure out what to say before opting to keep it closed.

His relationship with Sehun was frustrating, there were some days where the two wouldn’t speak a word to each other, not even a glance, there were some days where they said a few words and then there were some days where Sehun could get Luhan to laugh and smile until his face hurt. It was confusing. Luhan knew that the others were always been confused when they witnessed these switches, but Luhan just couldn’t be bothered. Those days were his favorite… and his worst.

On those days Luhan would lay awake at night, replaying his day with Sehun but then it would hurt because Luhan wanted more. He would dream on those nights, dreams where those days never ended and he had a perfect life with Sehun. But those nights would end and he would always have to go back to reality. His dark, wretched reality.

But even if it hurt, even though his heart would ache as if a thousand bricks lay on top of his chest, Luhan couldn’t help but want more.

After finishing the laundry, Luhan looked at Sehun for the first time in a while. “I’m gonna make dinner.” He left the sentence at that. Leaving Sehun to do what he pleased. The younger nodded before getting up.

“What are you making?”

A simple question that Luhan found a bit difficult to answer. “I thought… hot pot… might be okay…” he actually just picked the laziest thing to make off the top of his head. Hot pot was the laziest.

The younger nodded, “Sounds good, I’ll cut up the vegetables.”

Although Luhan knew that he shouldn’t, he was overcome with happiness at Sehun’s answer.

 

“Luhan”

The said boy looked up from the fish cakes that he was cutting up, “yeah?”

Sehun used his knife to point at the stringy vegetable thing in the bowl of vegetables he was supposed to cut up. “What the are those?”

Luhan blinked before chuckling, “They’re mushrooms, Sehun-ah.”

The younger looked at them in confusion, poking them with his knife again, “They don’t look like mushrooms.”

“That’s because they’re a different type.” Luhan had stumbled upon them at the market earlier that week and there was no way he’d pass them up. They were hard to find dammit!

“I don’t like mushrooms.” The younger plainly stated. Luhan wanted to tell him that he knew but he didn’t, instead he told him, “Well they don’t taste like mushrooms.”

Sehun looked at him in confusion. “So what do they taste like?”

Luhan paused and thought about it. “Vegetables,” he concluded, “They taste like vegetables.”

“Aren’t mushrooms vegetables?”

Luhan could detect amusement instead of confusion in Sehun’s voice. Yet the omega chose to ignore it. “No, mushrooms aren’t vegetables, their fungi.”

Luhan heard a clang as Sehun dropped his knife. “So I’ve been eating ing fungus??!!”

The elder shrugged in response, trying hard not to burst out laughing, “That’s what I heard.”

Still slightly digested, Sehun nodded, “Okay so these are fungi but they taste like vegetables.” He repeated, still not entirely convinced.

Luhan rolled his eyes and laughed, “I swear that they taste better then mushrooms.”

He received a skeptic look from Sehun. “Mushrooms don’t even taste good, how much better can this be?”

“Trust me.” Luhan insisted giggling.

Sehun sighed, “Fine.”

 

 

“So how do I cut them?”

 

 

 

At dinner, everyone was pleasantly surprised to see Luhan and Sehun making fun of each other and laughing. They watched with amusement as Luhan put a lot of mushrooms in Sehun’s bowl, insisting that they were good. Sehun would give Luhan a look before sighing and taking a bite; only telling Luhan that he was right and that the mushrooms tasted like vegetables just to see the elder smile brightly. He would then grimace when Luhan turned away, gagging slightly because -ing hell- they still tasted like mushrooms.

But Sehun knew that he would eat a whole box of those things just to see Luhan smile at him. 

 

A little Kaisoo and Hunhan~~

Hi guys! I'm back!! How have you guys been? I actually meant to update a few days ago but I went to the fireworks celebration that they had in my city for the past couple nights. They were amazing! I love fireworks >< each night is held by a different country and the last one was by Japan. Theirs were hands down the most amazing, and so many japanese people were wearing yukata's and Kimonos!! so pretty ><

Anyway, Ive noticed that you guys have really been loving Hunhan! 

So i thought i should clear some things up. Yes, if this chapter doesnt make it clear, Luhan IS in love with Sehun. and he knows it!! But Luhan doesnt think he deserves Sehun. Why? We dont know yet ( and by 'we' i mean you guys XP) Luhan is so caught up in his own feelings while trying to stay away from Sehun, that he doesnt even notice that Sehun has feelings for him too. Hopefully that changes...

Thank you to all who are supporting me! Remember to upvote, comment and subscribe! <3 <3 your comments are really the best!