Comfort

Please Don't Go

The ride home was silent, and solemn. Luhan had refused to part with Sehun after the ordeal. The younger had to carry the omega back to the pack in his arms, so when they had to leave, Sehun changed and got Luhan to cling to his back in human form as they returned back home. In the back seat Jongin, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun sat together.

 

After they had reunited with the rest of the pack, Jongin’s hand in Kyungsoo’s, both omegas were confronted by their alpha. Kyungsoo felt how angry Kris was from miles away, even Luhan who was wrapped in Sehun’s arms whimpered and hid in the younger boy’s chest. Kyungsoo became extremely nervous, but he felt Jongin squeeze his hand before whispering to him, “It’ll be fine.”

A low growl had emitted from their Alpha the minute they came in sight, a command that got Luhan to scramble out of Sehun’s arms and onto his feet but still behind the younger alpha boy, his head bowed. And got Kyungsoo to also bow his head and, before he realized it, was stumbling over his words to explain what had happened and not to blame anyone because he hadn’t taken enough precaution. Kris’ growls had just gotten louder with every word Kyungsoo retold. “What the is wrong with all of you?!” he snarled.

Jongin instinctively took a protective step in front of Kyungsoo, “It’s not their fault-,”

Kris’ glare shut the younger boy up. “I want to know why my omega’s had been left alone. Minseok,” the alpha turned to the beta. “Why were they left alone?"

Minseok did not say a word, instead he kept his head down and replied with “yes alpha.” “No alpha” “I’m sorry Alpha.” As Kris continued to yell. His answers did nothing to calm Kris down. Jongdae watched in slight shock as Minseok just kept silent, not offering a single excuse to at least lighten the massive tantrum Kris was throwing.

Having not gotten the answers he wanted, Kris seemed to turn his anger to his omegas. Asking how they could be so stupid as to follow a group of human males. Luhan spoke up shakily, saying it was his fault. That they could’ve taken them down easily if not for his mess up.

“That’s exactly it Luhan!” Kris had growled. “You never messed up before but lately you’ve been becoming more of a burden.” There was a heavy silence, Luhan felt as if he were just slapped across his face. To be called a burden by his Alpha…

Jongin looked at Sehun who clutched his fists but said nothing against his Alpha. He couldn’t for it wasn’t his place.

Kris turned his eyes to the bruise on Kyungsoo’s face and snarled, “Even Kyungsoo couldn’t seem to have taken care of a mere human?”

“Th-that’s not it!” Kyungsoo replied. “One of them, just… caught me by… surprise.” The last word spoken softly, in shame.

surprise?” Kris had repeated, new found anger surfacing. “You? An omega was caught by surprise by a human?” Kyungsoo stayed silent, eyes trained to the floor. “

The moment those words were spoken, Jongin could no longer stay silent. “It's not his fault!”

Kris did not even look at the young male as he ordered Jongin to out.

Jongin growled and pulled Kyungsoo back, “You aren’t my alpha.”

That was when Kris’ eyes moved to look at Jongin. Suddenly the scent of the pack Alpha increased tenfold, causing both the omega’s to drop to their knees in submission and the others to bow their heads lower. Kris walked right up to Jongin and glared down at him. “I might not be your alpha Kai, but they are my omegas. I will speak to them as I wish,” he growled lowly. ongin did not back down, growling back in return.

The others could sense danger between the two. It was only then that Tao went against Kris’ dominant hold on them and placed his hand on the Alpha’s arm. Kris growled at the touch but when he noticed that it was his lover, he seemed to have realized his actions. The Alpha, still very angry, ran a hand over his face before turning his back to them. “I want everyone back at the cottage. Now.”

 

No one said a word afterwards, slowly they all changed and ran after the alpha. Both Jongin and Sehun knelt next to the omegas. Luhan was overcome with new tears, “he –he said-,” the omega’s body wrecked with sobs. Sehun hushed him and rocked him back and forth, “he’s just angry, he didn’t mean it Luhan.”

Jongin wasn’t as bold as to be as intimate, but he did grab Kyungsoo’s hands and searched the omega’s face. “Soo-,”

“He’s right,” the omega whispered.

Jongin shook his head, “No, he’s not. He’s angry and scared, three members of his pack were in danger. It was a new feelings. He didn’t mean anything.”

“Three?” Kyungsoo looked up at Jongin in confusion.

Jongin sighed and looked over at Baekhyun who was sitting in the car already, looking down at his hands emptily, Chanyeol had already left with the others. “Baekhyun ran into trouble… he’s not hurt… physically.” Immediately, worry covered Kyungsoo’s face and he asked Jongin to help him to the car.

Suho had been the one to suggest that Luhan cling to Sehun’s wolf while Kai, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun ride in the car with him and Yixing. They all agreed.

The minute Kyungsoo climbed into the car and called Baekhyun’s name, the beta looked at his friend and fresh tears fell down his face instantly. The omega immediately took the beta in his arms and held him, causing Baekhyun to sob harder.

 

 

During the car ride, amongst Baekhyun’s soft sniffles, Kyungsoo looked as if he himself was about to break apart again. What held him together was Jongin’s warm hand that grabbed at his. Kyungsoo glanced over at Jongin who was nonchalantly looking out the window, but gave Kyungsoo’s hand a small reassuring squeeze. Kyungsoo realized nothing felt more comforting than Jongin’s hand in his.

Back at the cottage they found everyone sitting silently in the living room, even Taemin did not even try to lighten the mood. Kris had gone for a run to calm his mind, his mate waiting outside for his return. Suho had just suggested that everyone go rest but not before asking Luhan, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo if they were okay. Luhan simply said yes as he lay his head on Sehun’s shoulder, Kyungsoo smiled softly and said he just needed some rest. Baekhyun was tucked at Kyungsoo’s side, holding onto his friend. everyone looked worried at the beta especially Chanyeol who had yet to say a thing and wanted nothing more than to hold Baekhyun but he knew it wasn’t right. Not after what he did.

“Do you want to sleep next to me?” Kyungsoo asked Baekhyun softly, the omega knew that Baekhyun needed him more than ever after hearing the beta cry as he retold the story. Baekhyun looked at his friend and nodded, “yes.”

“Should I switch with Baekhyun then,” Jongin asked. “He can take my bed.”

“No!” Kyungsoo immediately declined. “No, you stay. Baekhyun will just share my bed since he can’t sleep alone anyway.” Most importantly he needed Jongin close by.

“Are you sure?”

The omega nodded, “yes, stay.”

 

There was just too much tension in the room and although there was much to talk about, now just wasn’t the time. Slowly, everyone silently went back to their rooms. Suho had to eventually get Tao to come back inside because the both knew that Kris wasn’t coming back that night.

Kyungsoo lay in bed with a sleeping Baekhyun at his side, the beta had hardly said a word the entire time. He was too busy crying and eventually tired himself out.

“Is Baekhyun asleep?” Jongin asked as he came out of the washroom.

Kyungsoo nodded, “Yea, he cried himself to sleep but the alcohol helped.” He replied softly, looking down at his sleeping friend. He’d never seen Baekhyun look so… broken. He didn’t think such an encounter would shake the beta up so much and he guessed that there was something more. When he saw that Baekhyun avoided Chanyeol and that the tall alpha stayed far away, his guesses were confirmed.

“What about Luhan?” the alpha asked. Kyungsoo sighed, “I think Sehun has it under control right now. It’ll be good for Luhan to rely on him more.”

Jongin nodded in agreement. “Well, what about you?” he saw the omega freeze slightly.

“What about me?” the elder asked slowly, asking as if he didn’t know what Jongin was implying.

“Well are you okay?" the young alpha explained, sitting down on the side of his bed so that he faced Kyungsoo.

“I'm fine,” he answered, refusing to meet the alpha’s eyes as he slowly sat up in his bed.

Jongin sighed, “Relying on someone doesn’t make you weak you know. It’s fine.” He gave Kyungsoo a small hesitant smile, reminding him of their earlier conversation in the alleyway. It had the omega’s insides turning and heart skipping.

Kyungsoo quickly turned his face, “well what about you?” Kyungsoo replied in a small voice. “Trusting someone doesn’t make you weak either.”

Jongin only shook his head, “that’s different. Relying on someone and trusting them are different.”

The elder pushed the anger that resurfaced down, they weren’t different. “We aren’t going to have this argument again.” The omega stated.

The atmosphere was heavy before Jongin nodded. “You’re right,” Jongin agreed, “we aren’t. but that doesn’t change the fact that you should reply on someone.”

Kyungsoo glared at the alpha and was about to reply when he found himself suddenly thrown off the bed and on to the cold floor with an OMPH. Jongin stared in shock before he bit his lip to stifle a laugh as he looked at Kyungsoo who seemed dumbfounded. The omega turned his head to Baekhyun who was grumbling in his sleep, moving around and splaying himself starfish style. That was when Kyungsoo groaned, “dammit,” he cursed. “I forgot about his god awful sleep style.” The beta always took up so much room and needed to be constrained whenever he had to share a bed.

That had Jongin grinning in amusement, “you just remembered?” he asked the omega. The said elder pulled himself up and glared down at the sleeping beta.

“Unfortunately,” he growled, ready to kick Baekhyun back but his gaze softened when he heard Baekhyun whimper.

Jongin noted this with a pointed look. “But it wouldn’t have changed a thing anyway,” he stated watching as the omega shook his head with a smile.

“No, it wouldn’t have.”

“Well then,” Jongin shifted on his bed and patted the spot next to him. “You can sleep here.”

Kyungsoo snapped his head up and looked at the alpha with wide eyes, “Wh-what?” unsure if he had heard wrong.

“Just sleep here, I have room. And I’m pretty sure I don’t move much.”

“I- I can’t do that.”

Jongin shrugged, “Why not? You obviously can’t sleep in your own bed and you can’t exactly leave Baekhyun here when he’s relying on you.”

He groaned, “What’s with you and this ‘relying one someone’ , Jongin? Can’t you leave it?”

The alpha laughed. “Not a chance,” he replied cheekily. “Now come on.”

The omega shook his head. “I can sleep on the floor,” he said grabbing his pillow and placing it on the ground.

“You can,” Kai agreed, “But I won’t let you.” With that the alpha grabbed Kyungsoo’s pillow off the floor and placed it next to his on his bed.

“Jongin!” Kyungsoo cried, making a grab at his pillow.

“Nope, you’re sleeping next to me Soo.” The younger said in defiance, holding the pillow out of the elders reach. “Unless you want me to leave?”

“NO!”

Jongin grinned and pulled Kyungsoo’s hand so that the elder landed on Jongin’s bed. “Good, then it’s decided.” The alpha didn’t wait for Kyungsoo’s reply as he climbed into bed and tucked Kyungsoo in next to him.

“What? Are you shy?” Jongin teased with a smirk looking down at his hyung. Ignoring the cry of “I am not!” from the elder. “You always share beds right? Then this should be no problem.”

Eventually the omega sighed in defeat. “Fine, but I’m not weak and I’m not relying on anyone, do you understand that you little ?”

“Yea Yea,” Jongin yawned and pulled Kyungsoo’s closer so that his arm wrapped around the omega’s waist and they faced each other, Kyungsoo squeaked at the proximity. “Now sleep Soo.”

“Jongin-,”

“Sleep.”

Kyungsoo just looked up as he watched Jongin’s eyes shut and soon his breathing evened out. Kyungsoo scoffed lightly at how quickly the alpha had fallen asleep, but also how stubborn the younger was. Suddenly, Jongin squirmed and pulled Kyungsoo even closer, mumbling lightly, “you’re comfortable hyung.” That’s when Kyungsoo realized the warmth that emitted from Jongin. How comforting the warm body was next to him, and just how perfectly he could hear the alpha’s heartbeat. Kyungsoo could feel his eyes slowly closing and he wanted nothing more than to snuggle closer to the inviting warmth.

 

~~~~~~

 

“Well this is interesting.”

An amused voice stirred Kyungsoo from his sleep. The omega groaned and snuggled closer against the warmth, he was comfortable and he wanted to sleep.

“Aww, kyunggie you’re adorable~” the voice cooed and from the nickname Kyungsoo recognized the voice even though he was half-asleep.

“Shut the up Baekhyun, let me sleep.” He grumbled, snuggling closer.

Another giggle. “Or what? You’ll get your boy toy there to get me? Oooo I’m scared~”

“My wha-?” opening his eyes Kyungsoo found himself face to face with something smooth and tan. Squinting, he leaned back to get a better look when he felt soft breathing above him. Eyes widening, memories of yesterday came back and that’s when he realized it was a bare chest he had been cuddling against. Kyungsoo screamed, pushing the sleeping body away from him only to watch it disappear as it rolled off the bed and land on the floor with an “OMPF-,”

“oh my god! Jongin!” Kyungsoo squealed and leaned over the bed as he saw Jongin struggle to sit up. “I’m sorry!!”

Jongin, with his eyes half closed, ran a hand through his hair and groaned. “-the -? I thought it was just Baekhyun who had the bad sleeping habits.”

“I am so so so sorry! I was just surprised! What the hell are you sleeping half for anyway??” the omega cried.

The alpha lazily smirked at his hyung, “well it was hot, especially with a certain someone snuggling so closely.”

Baekhyun snorted and Kyungsoo’s jaw dropped, “I- I do not snuggle!!”

Jongin just chuckled and shook his head, “hyung, you stuttered.” He pointed out.

Face burning bright red, Kyungsoo did the best thing he could think of, he grabbed his pillow and threw it so it hit the alpha square in the face.

“ok, ok I think that’s enough morning flirting before I puke.”

Both boys turned in surprise to look at Baekhyun who had a rather amused smirk on his face. At first it didn’t sink in that Baekhyun was standing there. But what surprised them the most was that Baekhyun looked fine, normal even. Given that the beta had pale skin, and relatively puffy eyes; proof that he had cried a ton last night.

“Baek-?” Kyungsoo finally called out cautiously, unsure if he was dreaming or not.

“Honestly, I don’t see why you’re flustered, you’ve seen all of us before. I mean what kind of wolf hasn’t seen his own pack mates bare?”

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened, totally mortified at the beta’s bluntness. Just because it was true didn’t mean it needed to be brought up but Kai just scoffed in amusement.

Recognizing the murderous look in Kyungsoo’s eyes, Baekhyun lifted his hands up, “I say nothing but the truth.” Without a word, Kai handed Kyungsoo the pillow, already reading the older omega’s mind. Kyungsoo wordlessly took the pillow and hurled it at the beta.

Baekhyun grinned as he smacked the pillow out of the way but his smile faltered slightly as he took in both Kai and Kyungsoo’s worried faces.

“Yesterday… Baek are you okay?” Kyungsoo spoke softly.

Baekhyun didn’t meet his friends’ eyes but he waved his hand. “Don’t even mention it, Soo, I’m embarrassed,” he laughed awkwardly. “I was drunk, that’s all.” He shrugged, “Emotional and weak and all that . Plus I didn’t even get hurt, I’m not even hungover. I should be asking if you’re okay!”

The remainder had Kyungsoo softly touching his bruised cheek with a wince, he couldn’t even feel it yesterday. He turned to Jongin, “It’s not that bad right?” he whispered. Jongin sighed and shrugged, reaching up to softly caress the bruise, “it’s gotten darker, but you’ve had worse.”

Baekhyun’s eyes squinted as he looked at the two of them, “are you sure you two aren’t together?”

Both boys snapped their heads to Baekhyun. “What??” Kai asked. “No!!” Kyungsoo denied.

The Beta gave them a disbelieving look, “Yeah, okay.”

Before Kyungsoo could retort, there was a small knock on the door before Luhan popped his head in, he didn’t seem to be in any better shape than the rest of them. Besides the bags under his eyes, and pale skin, he also had a split lip. “You guys are awake,” Luhan sighed in relief, walking in with Sehun following close behind him.

“Hey,” Kyungsoo greeted, pulling his friend next to him, “how are you feeling?” Luhan gave his friend a small smile and shrugged, “better I guess, Sehun helped a lot. My heads just killing me.”

Baekhyun frowned, “then you should be resting.”

Sehun scoffed, “I tried telling him that. He insisted on checking up on you two first.” The young alpha glanced over at Kai who was still half on the floor. “But that doesn’t seem to be necessary.”

Kai ignored the comment and rolled his eyes. “I think all of you guys should be resting,” the alpha admitted to them. But of course, he got three heads shaking.

“Its fine,” Luhan explained, “it’s a couple of cuts and bruises. They should be healed by tonight.” Both alphas in the room sighed, it wasn’t the physical injuries that worried them.

“Actually,” Luhan then sighed, “that’s not the only reason I came. I think we should go downstairs.” It just took a second for the three boys to understand what he meant. They could feel Kris’ presence downstairs, the same with the other boys but no one seemed to be talking.

“They’re waiting for us.” Baekhyun stated, slightly weary.

The two omegas sighed because they knew it was true.

 

 

After washing up and changing, the 5 boys made their way down the stairs, both Kai and Sehun leading the way. Luhan and Kyungsoo clutched onto their shirts respectively while Baekhyun hung onto Kyungsoo’s hand. When they arrived to the bottom they say Kris sitting on the arm chair, Suho on the couch close by. They could sense other boys all in the kitchen, some who they were sure were peeking through the door frame.

Kai and Sehun had walked to stand by Suho. And finally, Kris lifted his head once Baekhyun, Luhan and Kyungsoo stood in front of him.

The Alpha’s sharp eyes looked each one of them up and down, Kyungsoo had the sudden urge to cover his black eye, before he stood up, practically towering over them. “You three weren’t thinking.” Kris stated, his vice sharp. The three boys winced but kept their heads down.

“Luhan.” The older omega jolted, he shut his eyes tight, ready to get yelled at.

“I apologize for what I said to you yesterday.” Luhan’s eyes widened, the last thing he expected was an apology. “As The Alpha I was worried. You haven’t been well lately and we haven’t been able to help you… so I was scared,” he admitted. Although Luhan’s head was down, the alpha’s confession had his eyes beginning to gloss over. For him to actually make his alpha worry was appalling as an omega. “I let you into my pack because I know how strong you are, you have proved yourself on multiple occasions, but when like this happen,” Kris sighed trailing off. “If you do not attempt to change yourself something worse will happen. You don’t have a mate either so I am your only Alpha. Do you understand?”

Luhan nodded, throat tight and unable to speak. He understood what he was doing to his pack and he wasn’t proud.

“It’s been getting worse Luhan. Fast. And until you are able to control yourself again you are not to be out of sight of this cottage. Understood?” Kris’ voice was authoritative, there was no room for argument. Luhan knew that, he bit his lip, upset. But he knew Kris’ words rang true. So he kept his head down and nodded again.

Nodding, Kris moved onto the beta. “Baekhyun,” this time the beta jolted. “You know what you did wrong.”

Baekhyun felt a pang through his heart, guilt beginning to overcome him. “Yes,” he whispered, eyes down.

“You went off by yourself, and usually I wouldn’t have much of a problem with that. I know you’re extremely capable of taking care of yourself. But you forget we were in the city. A place where you can run into friend and enemy alike. But you went to a bar. A place you know we have forbidden you to go, Baekhyun. So what in s name made you do in the first place? And alone of all things?”

“I just… I was upset,” the beta softly replied, fists clenching. “I’m sorry I –I wasn’t thinking.”

“Obviously not.” Kris replied with a click of his tongue. “Why were you upset?”

Baekhyun’s eyes flickered up to The Alpha’s in slight fear. He shook his head almost frantically, he didn’t want to say it. He could feel Chanyeol’s eyes on him, and he just couldn’t.

“Why Baekhyun,” the Alpha’s voice was demanding.

The beta continued to shake his head. “Please,” Baekhyun croaked, “Please don’t make me say it out loud.”

Kris stared at the beta before him, the beta’s eyes were begging. There was obviously something bothering him that he would have to listen to later, once they were alone. “Alright,” he agreed. “We’ll talk about your punishment later then.” Baekhyun shut his eyes in relief, letting out a shuttering breath.

Kris then turned his attention to Kyungsoo. “Kyungsoo.”

The omega seemed slightly surprised to be addressed so suddenly. He looked at The Alpha with wide eyes before he turned them to the ground in shame.

“You weren’t thinking properly Kyungsoo. You’ve been hurt too many times in the past while but those were unavoidable. This wasn’t. You should’ve sensed it and gotten out of there the minute you suspected anything. You’re an omega and I expected that you would. You are strong, I know how ing strong you can be and I don’t want you to ever doubt that, understood?”

Kyungsoo nodded, feeling the tears build up because... did he really?

“You are a part of my pack, therefore your one of the strongest wolves out here. I apologize for saying mean things yesterday, I didn’t mean them but you did make a mistake, one that could have had serious consequences. I don’t think I’ve ever seen you so unfocused before,” Kris sighed. “But for now, you’re also banned from leaving the cottage grounds.”

Kyungsoo snapped his head up, wanting to argue but the sheer dominance in Kris’ eye caused him to lower his head. “Yes Alpha,” he whispered.

 

With that Kris seemed satisfied as he looked at the three of his pack members. All three who looked crushed and ready to cry; three tough wolves who needed comfort. Understanding what he should do, Kris let out another sigh. “Okay, come here,” he ordered. The three boys looked up in confusion and saw The Alpha standing with his arms open.

Inviting the three of them for a hug.

Typically The Alpha’s of packs gave a lot of affection to their members. Hugs and cuddles were constant, especially with betas and omegas. They relished in their Alpha’s scents, almost as much as they did with their own mates. But Kris wasn’t a typical Alpha. He wasn’t much of a hugger, unless it was with his own mate. It was rare for Kris to show such physical affection, he opted for the verbal kind. So it surprised everyone to see Kris inviting all three boys in.

Luhan understood how much Kris really cared to offer hugs and that caused him to walk towards Kris, head still down and lip between his teeth. Once he was within arm’s reach, Kris gathered the omega in his arms and petted his smaller boy’s hair. The affection was too much for Luhan as he began to sob and tears began to fall all over again. Kris smiled and held Luhan closer, letting the omega cry. Kris then looked up to see Kyungsoo looking unsure, and beckoned the other omega over.

Kyungsoo was much more shy but he eventually came over and wrapped his arms around Kris’ other side, feeling better when he felt The Alpha’s arm wrap around him. Kyungsoo willed his tears away, opting to rub at them. Both omegas felt instantly calmer in the arms of their Alpha as he petted their hair.

After a few moments, Kris looked up to see two alpha’s in particular looking slightly unhappy that the omegas were crying on another mans chest. Even though that ‘other man’ was their Alpha. Chuckling, Kris pulled back and looked at the omegas, “Do you want Sehun and Kai to take you two upstairs?” he asked them.

Both Luhan and Kyungsoo nodded immediately, suddenly craving the comfort they felt with the two boys. Kris looked up to meet the two alpha’s eyes and nodded, signalling them to come. Immediately they came beside both omega and got them to cling to them instead, burying their faces in the alpha’s chests. Kris had to smile at how un-honest the omegas seemed to be with their feelings. He watched the alphas lead the omega’s upstairs before he glanced over at the beta who still had not moved from his spot. In fact, Baekhyun didn’t feel like he earned the affection.

Understanding this just from the beta’s face Kris sighed and gave him a small smile. “Come here Baekhyun,” Kris ordered softly. The words alone were simple enough to get Baekhyun to look up at Kris, his eyes filling with tears before he flung himself at The Alpha. Apparently he used too much strength because both boys fell onto the armchair behind Kris. Kris smiled as Baekhyun simply clung to his Alpha, his tears running freely. Truth was, he didn’t like seeing Baekhyun being so quiet, although annoying, he preferred the loud eccentric Baekhyun more. For a while Kris let Baekhyun cry, he rubbed his beta’s back and let the boy calm down. He found it oddly strange how Chanyeol was no where to be seen. Usually the annoying alpha boy would be all over the crying beta. What surprised him even further was that when he looked over at Chanyeol –who was peeking from behind the kitchen door frame- the alpha looked like he desperately wanted to come over, and looked ready to cry himself. This puzzled Kris deeply, so once he deemed Baekhyun slightly better he stood up and pulled the beta with him. “Do you want me to get Chan-,” he began to ask.

“No.” Baekhyun quickly interrupted and pleaded, hugging Kris tighter but shocking the elder. He hadn’t expected Baekhyun to refuse so blatantly.

Taking a second to think, Kris nodded and pulled Baekhyun back again. “Alright, come then.”

Ignoring the other pack members, he brought the crying Baekhyun outside. They walked farther and farther until they came to the lake. Silently, Kris set the boy on a rock. He knelt by his pack member and gave him a hard look, “Explain Baekhyun. And don’t hide anything.”

Understanding that he had no choice, Baekhyun nodded his head.

~_______________

“Soo, come on,” Jongin whispered as he knelt in front of Kyungsoo, who was sitting on his bed sobbing. Jongin lifted his hand and softly wiped away the tears from the omega’s face. “Don’t cry.”

But Kyungsoo continued, harder sobs wrecking through his body. Too many emotions were running through him; pride, guilt, anger, and frustration. No words were able to leave his mouth so he took to shaking his head violently.

“Hey –Hey,” Jongin smiled, taking the boys hands in his. “Why are you crying? You were complimented you idiot. That’s no reason to cry so hard.”

However the punch to the arm that Jongin received immediately after had the alpha smiling, despite the pain shooting up his arm. “See. That’s the amazingly violent omega that I know.”

It seemed as though Kyungsoo’s sobs had lessened as he glared at the alpha kneeling in front of him. “You’re such a ing prick Jongin,” he croaked, voice slightly hoarse from sobbing as he wiped away his tears.

“Mm,” Jongin hummed, his hand lifting to cup Kyungsoo’s cheek gently.  The action so soft it had Kyungsoo unconsciously leaning into the warm palm, an intoxicating smell catching his attention. Slowly he turned his head so that his nose skimmed the hand. The scent of the alpha washing over Kyungsoo and had his entire body instantly calming down, yet it had his heart instantly speeding up.

Kyungsoo didn’t understand this feeling, but he knew that he didn’t want it to go away.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~