Extra- xiuchen

Please Don't Go

(This is the morning before Taemin arrives)

 

Bright rays of sun shone through the sheer curtains and into Minseoks eyes. He lay facing the window and could feel the slight morning breeze as it nipped at his face; it wasn’t enough to feel uncomfortable though. Minseok snuggled back closer to the warmth radiating behind him. Jongdae always had a habit of opening the window a small smidge every night before bed, stating that he needed fresh air to sleep better. Minseok presumed that it was only an excuse to snuggle every morning.

He felt arms tighten around his stomach and a face press against his neck. Smiling softly, Minseok reached a hand and ruffled his lovers’ hair. “Morning,” Minseok greeted softly.

The younger made a sound that was a mixture of a groan and a hum in reply, obviously still not fully awake. 

“Come on,” Minseok replied as he squirmed slightly, “We have to get up and help get ready for the guests’ arrival.” Yet he made no move of his own to raise from his comfortable position.

Upon hearing that he had to get up, Jongdae nuzzled himself further into the crook of Minseoks’ shoulder and threw his leg over the elders’. “Don’t wanna,” he heard the younger mutter.

Minseok laughed, “What? Do you just want to stay in bed all day and cuddle?”

He felt warm lips press onto his shoulder, “What’s wrong with that?”

“Come on, someone might walk in.” the elder whined childishly. Even though they had a lock on the door, they knew it wouldn’t stop the others from getting in.

“So?” Jongdae teased, “Let them.”

Minseok knew that behind the joking tone, Jongdae was actually serious. But by now he had learned to ignore it for arguments sake.

“Maybe next time,” Minseok smiled, shifting his position so that he was face to face with the younger male, he felt guilt wash over him when he saw the slight longing in Jongdaes’ eyes –it was hidden well behind the smile, but Minseok could still see it. “Kyungsoo can’t do anything so I’m in charge of cooking.” He said, giving him a chaste kiss. An overdue good morning kiss.

That’s when Jongdae grinned properly, washing away any negative feelings previously felt. “Well then I hope our guest doesn’t mind going to bed hungry.”

“Hey!”

“Kidding, kidding,” Jongdae laughed, pulling the elder into his arms so that Minseok was buried into his chest.

“Yea, you better be,” Minseok muttered, before grinning when he realized where his face was conveniently placed. Minseok bared his teeth.

He smirked when he felt his lover jump slightly. He continued and lightly nipped his boyfriends’ collar bone a couple times before biting a bit harder, then he darted his tongue over the small bite marks he made, smirking when he felt the young male shiver. He pushed Jongdae onto his back, climbing on top of him. One hand curling around his neck, the other sliding up his t-shirt and up his chest.

“Min-“ but the younger stopped midway when he bit his lip to suppress a groan. Minseok had moved his mouth up slightly to the base of Jongdaes’ neck where he began to on the sensitive skin.

“R-really Min? A hickey this early in the morning?” Jongdae croaked, his hand burying in the elders hair.

Minseok didn’t reply, instead he harder before sinking his teeth in.

“,” Jongdae exhaled, as Minseok softly lapped the bruised skin. “Are you trying to kill me?”

Minseok looked up at Jongdae and grinned happily, as if he did nothing wrong. “Maybe,” he shrugged, pressing another chaste kiss to Jongdae’s lips. “Now let’s go,” he exclaimed, rolling off Jongdae before the younger could get his arms around him.

“h-hyung!” he heard Jongdae desperately whine from the bed as he grabbed his clothes. Ignoring him, Minseok left the room closed the door behind him, however before walking away he pressed his ear to the door just in time to hear Jongdaes’ frustrated groan. The beta smirked happily, causing his lover ual frustration was a personal joy of his.

 

 

 

 

It was almost 3am when Jongdae returned to their room that night. The lights had long been out and Minseok was curled up in his bed, awake and unhappy, unable to fall asleep. He had never seen Jongdae look so excited before. Sure, Minseok knew that Jongdae was exceptionally thrilled about their guest. The young male wasn’t allowed to tell him who it was, he only told him that the guest was a close friend who often helped him prank Baekhyun when they were out at meetings. Minseok just didn’t know how close they really were. Judging from how much skin ship both Jongdae and Temin showed, it was much closer than the older beta anticipated.

“Hyung?” he heard Jongdae whisper. “Are you still awake?” The elder didn’t reply, he knew he was jealous and he found it perfectly rational that he did. “Okay, I know you’re awake because you’re not doing that cute snore you usually do.”

“I do not snore.” Minseok denied in shock, pushing his covers off and glaring at Jongdae.

The young male grinned, “I know, I was joking.” His boyfriend had fallen for his trick. “Why are you awake this late Min?” he asked, ignoring Minseok’s glares as he took off his clothes so that he was left in his boxers –he pulled on some pajama pants and threw on a random t-shirt.

Minseok was about to deny it but decided against it and threw his covers over himself. “I was waiting for you…” he muttered, knowing that Jongdae could hear him. He heard his lover’s footsteps as the young male went to open the window and then, once again, walked past his own bed and slid under the overs and into the elders bed.

“Aw, my Minnie can’t seem to fall asleep without me huh?” he cooed, grabbing Minseok and pulling the boy so that he was pressed against his chest.

“I can sleep just fine, you .” Minseok replied, but his possessiveness and jealousy won him over, still choosing to wrap his arms around Jongdae’s waist.

Jongdae yawned and snuggled closer, “Just let me believe that you can’t, k?”

Minseok didn’t reply, but after a couple seconds he couldn’t seem to hold in his curiosity. “Why are you so late?” he asked.

“Hm?” Jongdae hummed, his eyes closed and already falling asleep. “Well I was talking with Taemin,” he yawned.

“About what?” the older beta asked.

“Just… stuff. Nothing to worry about Min.”

“Stuff?”

“Yea,” Jongdae yawned again. “Stuff. It’s late now, Go to sleep okay?” He didn’t even wait for an answer before his breathing evened out and he was completely asleep.

Minseok looked up at his lovers face and sighed, he decided that it was probably no big deal and that he was simply feeling possessive. No one had ever shown interest in Jongdae before so it was a new feeling for Minseok. Pushing the uncomfortable feelings aside, Minseok snuggled closer and fell asleep.

 

 

“Hey, Hey Min, how’s this?”

It seemed that the uncomfortable feeling wasn’t short lived because the next morning Minseok found himself clenching his fists as he watched Jongdae show Taemin his mixture bowl. If that wasn’t enough, hearing Jongdae call someone else ‘Min’ –a nickname that was HIS- was driving the beta mad. He watched as the younger male practically beamed as Taemin praised him and ruffled his hair.

Minseok held back a growl, it seemed that his worries were far from over.

After breakfast, Minseok was positively boiling. Things escalated more and more between Jongdae and Taemin, all the older beta wanted to do was drag Jongdae away tell Taemin to keep his hands off him. But that wouldn’t do. So Minseok did the next best thing.

While Jongdae was coming back from the washroom, Minseok grabbed him and dragged him to their shared room, ignoring the Youngers’ protests. “woaah, hyung! Hyung!” Minseok closed the door behind them. As soon as the door closed shut Minseok sent his lover a hard glare.

“what are you doing?” Jongdae whined, not noticing the elders menacing atmosphere.

“Hyung-“

“You’re sticking so close to him,” Minseok accused. His back against the bedroom door, blocking Jongdae from getting out.

“What?” Jongdae half-laughed, “Hyung seriously, move. I have to go back out there.”

Minseok’s teeth gritted together, “Why? Cause Taemin’s waiting for you?”

Jongdae gave him a look, “Well, Yeah! Obviously.” He attempted to get to the door but Minseok wouldn’t budge. “Seriously, come on.”

The older beta shook his head, “Not until you promise to not get so close to him.” It was an order but he was so close to pleading. He watched as the younger looked at him like he was crazy and ran a hand through his hair. “The Min? Why? He’s my friend.”

Hearing the younger call him Min again only made him remember that he wasn’t the only on being called that. But at the same time he did feel a bit ridiculous, he knew they were friends. It wasn’t like he wanted Jongdae to stay away from Taemin, he just wanted a bit more space. “I-I know. But you’re just sticking so close to him and-“

“Yea ‘cause he’s my friend!”

“I said, I know. It just bothers me.”

Why?”

“Because you’re mine!”

Jongdae was confused and annoyed, it was evident on his face. He took a few deep breaths and stared at the elder. “So?” he asked calmly. “If I back up then he’ll ask what’s wrong. What do you want me to say? ‘My secret boyfriend said he doesn’t want me so close to you anymore’?”

Minseok felt his breath caught in his throat, “Th-that’s not it.”

“Then what?”

“I-I..” Minseok didn’t know what to say. What did he want Jongdae to say anyway? The younger male was right.

Jongdae sighed looking at the troubled boy. “Look Min, I agreed to keep it a secret because that’s what you wanted. You said you weren’t ready to come out, you weren’t used to the thought that you would be into guys when you’re old pack forbade it, and I understood. I knew you needed time to get over those thoughts.”

Upon hearing the mention of his old pack Minseok stiffened. It wasn’t like the same- relationship were weird for wolves. It was totally normal, but Minseoks’ old pack were different. Their ancestors had lived and grown with regular humans for a long time, they had adopted their thinking styles, ways of life, as well as their prejudices.

They looked down upon same- partners, stating that it just didn’t make sense. Minseok didn’t agree, he knew that he was attracted to the opposite just as well as he knew that there was no way he could live happily if he stayed. So he left, stating that he wanted to belong to a stronger pack, one who protected. His old pack knew where he was, they were proud that Minseok was a part of Kris’ pack… he was just so frightened that they would get news of his lover… his male lover. He had told Jongdae that he wasn’t ready for them to know about their relationship yet. He wanted to wait… but for how long was Jongdae willing to wait?

“Min, I’ll still wait for you but you can’t just act like this when there’s nothing I can do! You want us to act like regular friends when we’re outside this room right? Well that’s what I’m doing, when we’re both outside this door I pretend that I’m not head over heels in love with you because that’s what I am.” Jongdae stressed, by now he had walked up to the beta and put his hands on the elders’ shoulders as he held onto Minseok’s gaze. Minseok, himself, was biting his own lip unhappy. Yet a bit scared, seeing Jongdae so serious and even a bit mad made him queasy.

“You’re not the one who’s the supposed to be angry right now.” Minseok whispered as he shook his head, he had brought him here to yell at him, not the other way around. Jongdae had an entire year to voice his opinions, so why now.

The younger male gave him a look of disbelief. “Yes, I am ing angry. You can’t act like this when you’re the one who wanted it this way,” he stated as he dropped his arms

“but you’re the one who agreed.”

Jongdae groaned, “Yes I ing agreed.” Then he sighed and ran a hand though his hair, “…but maybe I wouldn’t have if I’d known you’d be like this…”

Minseok felt his heart drop, and his hands go cold. He kept silent; partly because he didn’t know what to say, and partly because sound refused to leave his mouth.

Realizing what he had just said Jongdae closed his eyes and sighed, “, Min, that isn’t what I meant.”

“You’re right,” Minseok nodded, interrupting him. “It’s difficult being involved with someone like me.”

“Min-“

“I’m sorry, I was bring difficult,” Minseok kept his head bowed as he apologized, he was scared that if he looked at Jongdae he might end up in tears. “Just go back to the others and have fun, I guess I wasn’t acting rationally.”

“Hyung.” He saw Jongdae’s hand reach out for him but Minseok took a step back.

“I think I’ll hang out with Kyungsoo for a bit, you know, bring me back to me levelheadedness.” He chuckled and before Jongdae could say another word, Minseok opened the door and headed straight to Kyungsoo’s room.

 

Kyungsoo was on his bed reading a book, Kai on the other bed napping, when the door opened and a visibly upset Minseok came in. “Hyung?” Kyungsoo cautiously called when he looked up from his book.

Minseok looked at the younger with a troubled look on his face, his face pleading to not be asked what was wrong. Kyungsoo, very sensitive to these looks, understood. “Do you want to talk about it?” he asked softly.

Minseok shook his head but smiled slightly at the young omega, “Just… I just need something to distract me.” He whispered. The thing he loved the most about Kyungsoo was that the boy never questioned anything, he simply was there for them and Minseok appreciated it. Everyone in the pack did.

Kyungsoo grinned and nodded, he reached over on his bedside table. “Well,” he said as he grabbed two markers from the drawer. “Luhan might not be here, but we have the next best canvas.” The omega smirked as he glanced over at the sleeping alpha on the next bed.

At that, Minseok had to laugh. “You’re evil. I’m pretty sure we’ll be dead when he wakes up.” Minseok warned, yet he still grabbed a pen from the omega’s outstretched hand.

“Oh don’t worry, you’ll be safe with me,” Kyungsoo winked. “Now,” he grinned pulling off the lid of the pen. “I think Jongin would look great with a mustache.”

Minseok smiled, it didn’t get rid of his problem, but Kyungsoo was a great distraction.