BONUS-Baekhyun

Please Don't Go

I thought you guys might want a side story of Baekyeol. No they dont mate here yet, sorry ^^ thats later. This is more of Baekhyun's backstory. Enjoy!

 

“Come on Baek! Why are you so mad? I didn’t get seriously hurt!” Chanyeol whined as he banged on the small Beta’s door. “Baekhyun~!!!” he cried. Baekhyun was sitting on his bed as he listened to the alphas words. He knew he shouldn’t be that mad but honestly, Chanyeol could be so stupid.

“Go away, I don’t want your stupid rubbing off on me!” he yelled back. Absolutely refusing to look at the taller male. His wound was probably still bleeding and the thought of the alpha’s blood made the small boy shudder.

He heard Chanyeol sigh on the other side. “Fine, but I will make you talk to me!”

 

 

“Hey, I got hurt yesterday trying to help that alpha kid! Am I sweet too?” Chanyeol asked grinning.

Baekhyun turned to the giant and glared at his arm, then turned back to his face. “No, you’re an idiot.” He growled before stomping to the living room. Everyone laughed at Chanyeol’s face as they filed out of the Kitchen.

“You can’t stay mad forever Baek!!” Chanyeol cried as he raced after the beta.

Baekhyun was halfway to the couch when Chanyeol grabbed his wrist. “Baekhyun seriously, why are you so mad? Jealous?” he joked.

Baekhyun looked at him in disbelief “Why would I jealous? I am NOT jealous.”

Chanyeol shrugged, “Whatever you say shorty.”

“Oh screw you Chanyeol. I. AM. NOT. JEALOUS.”

“Then why are you so angry? It’s a scratch for gods sake!”

“Because you’re a ing idiot that’s why,” Baekhyun screamed as he went out the front door.

“Baekhyun!” he heard Chanyeol yell his name as he quickly changed and ran. Baekhyun ran, not really thinking about where, his anger pulsing through his body, unable to properly think straight. The thought of him possibly overreacting did reach his mind but he hastily pushed it aside as he arrived to a familiar river bank.

 

 

“!” Baekhyun screamed as looked at his scratched up hands. “My hands! My pretty pretty hands!” he sobbed. Sitting crossed legged on the ground by a river bed, Baekhyun was cleaning his wounds with some herbal leaves he had found. Tears stung his eyes as he dabbed them. “Stupid idiotic ty piece of crap life, why the hell do you punish my hands of all things.” He muttered.

It had been 2 months since Baekhyun had left his pack- 2 months since he ran from his home and from a marriage to a strong alpha. Baekhyun was born into a tough pack that prioritized hard-work and authority. They frowned upon laziness and trained every pup to perfection. Except Baekhyun wasn’t perfect. No matter how hard he tried, Baekhyun was simply too flamboyant. He was sarcastic, loud, curious, and loved to play around. He hated being serious and calculating. Which was a big no-no. His father was The Beta of the pack and to have their son so … different… was something he could not allow. There was fighting, yelling and arguing but then a couple months before Baekhyun’s 18th birthday his parents decided that he would be married to Woobin, one of the strongest alphas, hoping that having a mate would correct Baekhyun’s behavior.

Baekhyun had cried, he was angry and sad and devastated and furious. He always believed in love and following his emotions and he hadn’t understood why his parents were so unhappy with that. Why did they want to get rid of him? Why did they want him to change?

“What’s wrong with playing around?!!” Baekhyun had screamed through his tears.

“Baekhyun you aren’t a child! For the good of the pack you have to be more responsible!” His father had yelled back at him.

“For the good of the pack?” the boy repeated in disbelief. “What about the good of your son?? What about making me happy??”

His father scoffed, “Happy? You’re already shaming the Byun name by not becoming the next Beta! You should be working hard to gain some of that pride back. NOT worrying about being happy!”

His mother had sighed, “You’ll be happy mating with Woobin. He’s strong and hard-working. He’s perfect and he’s becoming the next Beta. You come from a long line of Beta’s, Baekhyun, so you should at least continue that line!”

“By BIRTHING one??!!”

His mother shrugged, “Whatever it takes.” Baekhyun felt his face pale.

“BUT I DON’T WANT TOO!!” the young boy screamed at the top of his lungs.

A hand came in contact with his cheek and Baekhyun gasped, bringing his hand up to clutch it as it begun to sting. Sobs starting to wreak through his body.

“You are going to marry Woobin, Baekhyun.”

Angry tears streamed down the young beta’s face but he kept his mouth shut.

“And that’s final.”

 

Feeling as though his heart had been ripped out of his chest, as if a large shard of glass had been shoved through his torso, Baekhyun could no longer breathe. He tried and tried to get over it, he tried to keep his emotions in check and at least pretend to be perfect for the next few days. But he just couldn’t breathe, each breath hurt more than the last. He needed to get away. So by the end of that week, he left.

Baekhyun knew he had to move fast, his pack was efficient and there was no way they would give up one of their own easily, especially since his father was second in command.

Despite his personality Baekhyun was truly one of the smartest wolves. He was cunning and strategic and had an extremely good memory.  He just had never shown his full ability and chose to play stupid because who wants the pressure of being a genius?

Hiding from cave to cave, in trees to in rivers, Baekhyun used every weakness the pack had against them. And he succeeded. 3 weeks later the pack gave up, Baekhyun was free. Baekhyun could breathe.

Now here he was, living by himself, perfectly capable of taking care of himself. But did he like it? Sure there was freedom. But there was also bugs, rain, mud, rocks, trees, other wolves, other animals, dirt and not to mention too much sun for his pretty white skin to handle. Plus he had hurt his perfect beautiful hands!!

Groaning, Baekhyun leaned back on a rock and looked at the sky from where he was hiding in the shade.

“Well happy birthday to me,” he grumbled closing his eyes. If he had still been in the pact, today would’ve been his wedding day.

“It’s your birthday?” A deep voice asked beside him.

Baekhyun let out an extremely loud (and girly) scream as he scrambled behind the rock. He looked up to see an exceptionally tall grinning alpha.
 

(His hair had been orange, making him look an even bigger idiot then he was now)

“How old are you?” the man asked nonchalantly. Causing the poor beta to go speechless -but he did note how the alpha’s deep voice was a huge contrast to his cute baby faced looks. Not that he really cared that the man was extremely good looking.

“Ei-eighteen.” Baekhyun stuttered out. A look of surprise flitted over the alpha’s face.

“You’re older than me then! Wow! You look tiny!” Baekhyun’s jaw dropped.

“Hey!” The beta jumped up. “I am NOT tiny! You’re just a giant!!”

The Alpha chuckled, “I’m not a giant! You’re just a shorty.”

Baekhyun marched up to the tall male and looked up at the man, turns out he was much taller than he anticipated. “Listen here you giant weirdo, I am NOT a shorty. I am Byun Baekhyun and I am perfectly normal sized! Cute-sized even!!” he riled, poking the man’s chest.

The alpha just grinned down at Baekhyun’s angry face, showing his perfectly white teeth. “Baekhyun huh? You’re a feisty beta aren’t you? Well you’re right about being cute-sized,” Baekhyun suddenly felt his feet leave the ground as the giant picked him up, “So adorable!” the man cooed.

Baekhyun felt his face turn bright red, “Y-yah!! P-Put me down! Who do the hell do you think you are??”

“Oh,” the alpha put Baekhyun down and grinned sheepishly as he scratched the back of his head. “I forgot to introduce myself. My bad.” He laughed. “I’m Park Chanyeol.”

Somehow the giant convinced Baekhyun to meet the rest of his pack, not that Baekhyun really had a choice since he was practically dragged by the happy alpha. He was a bit scared, worried that if this giant was such an idiot then what would the rest of his pack be like.

However, he happily found that Chanyeol was the only idiot. Kris, The Alpha, was a bit scary but the moment Chanyeol introduced Baekhyun to him The Alpha made sure he was fed and his wounds properly cleaned up. Suho was The Beta, Baekhyun was a bit skeptical at first, the boy looked to nice and weak to be on the same level as Woobin. But then he found out that their whole weeks kill was thanks to Suho himself. Baekhyun never questioned the Beta again. Yixing was an odd one, Suho’s mate and a self-proclaimed doctor, he seemed ditzy but Baekhyun’s careful eyes could see that Yixing’s eyes never missed anything. Jongdae –Chen- was similar to himself in a way, his eyes mischievous. The sick one, Minseok, had just joined them a few days prior and had fallen sick immediately so Baekhyun hadn’t the chance to meet him properly. And the Youngest, Sehun, seemed quite dead. As if no emotion occupied his thoughts –no warmth, no hate, no fear, no fun, nothing.

Baekhyun didn’t remember how it happened but the moment he stepped into their cottage, he didn’t take a step out until two weeks later.

It was while they were having breakfast that morning. Kris had suggested that Chanyeol take Chen and Baekhyun to buy the beta a bed. Apparently there were some wolves scouring the area and Kris thought it would be best to get the bed now before they would cross paths with the other pack –something Kris didn’t enjoy doing unless he had too.

That snapped Baekhyun back to his reality. Being with Kris’ pack made him forget that he was still wanted, and he realized that his pack hadn’t given up. They had simply taken a break. They would never give up until they found him. They would never give up because Baekhyun was theirs.

The beta wanted to cry as this dawned on him, he had to leave. He had to leave now or else Kris and his pack would be hurt; or else Chanyeol would be hurt. Somehow over the week, Chanyeol had become a large comfort to the small male. At night when Baekhyun had nightmares, Chanyeol was the one to find him. Hugging him and whispering comforting words into his ear. Never able to control himself, Baekhyun would curl himself to Chanyeol’s side and fall back asleep. During the day, his weird jokes and loud obnoxious laugh was infectious. It helped Baekhyun forget and most of all, it made him happy. Baekhyun couldn’t let something happen to him.

“I-I don’t need a bed!” Baekhyun said as he stood up from the table.

Everyone looked at the beta strangely. “What are you talking about Baekhyun? Do you want to sleep on the couch forever?” Xiumin asked.

“That’s not good for your back,” Yixing shook his head.

“I-I never said I was s-staying!” The boy cried. But oh how he wanted too.

Chanyeol held onto Baekhyun’s wrist, “What are you talking about Baek?” Baekhyun regretted looking into his big eyes, they were full of confusion and hurt and could no longer find his words to speak.

Kris stared at the beta, “Baekhyun, we never properly asked you to join, nor have we asked why you were a wanderer, but we want you to stay. We want you part of our pack.”

“I-I,” the beta looked at Kris.

“Baekhyun.” Then back to Chanyeol.

“I’m sorry,” the boy cried before wrenching his arm out of Chanyeol’s grasp and took off running. He ran so fast that he barely heard the calls of his name. He ran and ran without looking back. He ran all the way back to the rock, the rock where he first met Chanyeol.

He sat next to it and cried his heart out. He should’ve known better, he could never be happy as long as his pack was out there.

“Baekhyun?” a deep voice called softly.

The said boy froze as he heard the steps come closer. “Baekhyun, why are you crying?” An arm came around his shoulders. Pulling the boy against his warmth. “Baekhyun please,” he now pleaded as the small boy erupted in sobs again.

“I’m sorry,” Baekhyun repeated over and over. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry.” He couldn’t lift his head, one look at the alpha next to him and he knew he would crumble.

“Why can’t you stay?” Chanyeol questioned. Baekhyun shook his head, “I can’t.”

“Why?” he probed. Again, Baekhyun shook his head. “Are you scared Baek?” he asked this time and knew he got it right when Baekhyun didn’t reply.

“Are you afraid they’ll find you?” He didn’t ask how Chanyeol knew, he probably told him after a night of one of his nightmares.

“Baekhyun, look at me.” Hearing the soft commanding tone to Chanyeol’s voice, Baekhyun looked up. He was surprised to see tears running down the alphas face as well. “Don’t leave. We’ll be you’re pack, we’ll protect you and we’ll make you happy. We’re all strong and we can protect ourselves from anything. Even a pack as strong as you’re old one! You know that! You’ve only been with us for two weeks but, Baekhyun, we all don’t want you to leave. We want you here, with us, laughing and having fun. We want you to be our family! I won’t let anything hurt you! Not your nightmares, not your parents, not that Beta you’re supposed to marry, no one. We’ll figure something out, so just please Baek, please don’t leave.” His voice cracked at the end along with Baekhyun’s heart.

Biting his lip, Baekhyun blinked back new tears. He was so scared, but now he was even more frightened of losing the smiling idiot before him. “Y-You promise, Giant?”

Hearing his nickname made Chanyeol chuckle softly in relief, “I promise, Shorty.”

 

 

“Bae~~khyu~~n!! I know you’re here!!”

Baekhyun cowered behind his rock, trying to hide from Chanyeol. He stayed crouching, listening carefully for any sign that Chanyeol was getting closer. Puzzled since he couldn’t hear anything, he carefully peaked around, and came face-to-face with the grinning giant.

“” the little guy cursed as he stumbled back, tripping and landing on his .

Chanyeol let out a loud laugh, “Wow Baek, you seriously got one potty mouth on you don’t’ ya?”

“Dammit Park Chanyeol Why did you follow me!!” Baekhyun cried as he tried to get up, groaning because his hurt like a . He felt Chanyeol’s arms suddenly grab his arms and pick him up. “Because you won’t tell me why you’re so mad,” he explained, dusting off Baekhyun’s backside.

Baekhyun opened his mouth to answer but Chanyeol interrupted him, “And NOT because I’m an idiot.” Baekhyun shut his mouth.

Chanyeol’s grin dropped a bit as he looked at the beta properly. “I’m serious Baekhyun, I did something that’s not making you happy. I want to fix that.”

The smaller avoided eye contact as a blush spread across his face. “Y-You’re an idiot.”

Chanyeol sighed, “I know that.”

“You never think about what you’re doing!” Baekhyun then burst out. “Y-you don’t think about the consequences and just do the first thing that pops into that DUMB head of yours!! What if those bears had actually hurt you Yeol! What if they didn’t just get flesh! What if they got more? Then what would you do? Why couldn’t you have just waited for Kris! Why did you have to take on both bears?” Tears began to fall from Baekhyun’s eyes.

“Baekhyun…” Chanyeol tried to soothe.

“No Chanyeol! I’m angry because you’re never thinking of yourself! You promised to make me happy, so how the hell are you going to do that if you’re hurt!! Huh Chanyeol?! How are you going to make me happy if all I ever have to do is worry about you and that idiotic head of yours!!?”

Arms wrapped around the beta’s small body as he broke into sobs. “I’m sorry Baek, I’m so so sorry.” Chanyeol hushed the crying boy.

“I hate you, you giant.” Baekhyun sobbed into Chanyeol’s shirt.

“I know, Baek, I know.” He smiled.

After a while of crying, Chanyeol looked at the elder as he rubbed his back. “What do you say about getting some ice cream, hm?”

Baekhyun sniffled and looked up with his ‘puppy expression’ as Chanyeol dubbed it. “You’re taking the blame for sneaking off to the city.”

Chanyeol let out Baekhyun’s favorite loud obnoxious laugh, “Of course!”

The beta then nodded as he wiped his eyes and stood up, “Okay then giant. I want ice cream.”

Chanyeol grinned and followed as he ruffled Baekhyun’s hair, “Whatever you say, Shorty.”