sweet (and secret) smiles

Please Don't Go

“Oh, Thanks Sehunnie.” Luhan’s voice suddenly appeared from behind the young alpha, who was currently fixing up the second bed for Luhan to sleep in. The omega had just finished taking a shower so his face was an adorable shade of red, as Sehun noted.

The alpha gave him a nod before turning away. “That was nice of you too,” Sehun noted, both understanding that he was referring to the fact that he gave up his bed for Kai. The omega looked at the young alpha skeptically.

“but?”

Sehun raised a brow. “But what? I can’t say something was nice?”

“No,” Luhan responded. “You’re obviously surprised…” he then mumbled, discreetly hiding his face by beginning to towel dry his hair. ing adorable, Sehun immediately thought.

“Mmmm, you’re right.” Luhan heard Sehun’s voice reply. “See!” the omega cried, whipping the towel off his head to look at the younger. Except now Sehun was right in front of him.

Surprised, Luhan’s eyes widened and he took a step back. “Here,” Sehun said softly, ignoring the little ache he got when the elder stepped back. “Let me help.” He took the towel from the omega’s hands and bent Luhan’s head down softly.

The omega froze, Sehun was so close he could practically hear his heartbeat. He could smell the alpha's scent and his omega side relished in it -craved more. He could feel Sehun’s large hands using the towel on his head and although he should be feeling nervous and frightened like he normally would… it was … comforting. So the omega soon closed his eyes and took a deep breath, relaxing into Sehun’s hands. His hands were strong yet gentle, adding just the right amount of pressure to dry his hair. Luhan found himself leaning into Sehun’s touch, thus making it harder for Sehun to help.

“Hey,” Sehun scolded softly, holding onto the back of Luhan’s neck, “quit moving.”

“-Quit moving princess-”

Memories surged.

The omega's eyes snapped open as he stumbled away from Sehun onto the ground. "stop!"

Both boys were frozen, Luhan on the ground panting, Sehun staring at the omega in shock.

Carefully Sehun took a step forward, “Luhan-.” but stopped when he saw Luhan flinch. After another couple seconds, Sehun took a step back. “Right, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have done that. I’m going to bed. You can sleep somewhere else if you’re not comfortable.” He said, turning his back and crawling into his own bed.

“W-wait, Sehun.” Luhan tried to say, but his voice was shaking.

“Goodnight Luhan hyung.” Thus finishing the conversation, and any progress they had.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“heyya Minnie Hyung,” Chen called as he walked into the kitchen.

The elder turned from the stove and smiled, wiping his hands on the dishcloth he held. “It’s already the afternoon.” He replied.

“Whatever, Where’s everyone?” he asked, taking a seat at the island and shoving a carrot slice into his mouth. “Are you making dinner?”

“Well Soo’s still asleep, and Kai’s obviously with him. The rest went to the city for the day. Needed some stuff. And what? Is Soo the only one who can make dinner?”

Something caught Chen’s attention. “Wait! The city?? Why didn’t anyone tell me??”

Minseok shrugged, “You were asleep.”

“Someone could’ve woken me!” he cried. He really wanted to go too, they needed some new videogames!

“Baekhyun said that he did...” But the minute the words came out of Minseok’s mouth, it clicked. Minseok should’ve paid attention to Baekhyun’s expression when he nonchalantly came and said that Chen refused to wake up yet shared a devious look with Chanyeol before they left.

Chen groaned and lay his head on the table, “I’m going to kill that little bastard.” But then something else popped into his mind, “Wait a sec, why aren’t you with them?”

Minseok looked at Chen in surprise, “Well, Kai and Kyungsoo can’t stay here alone.” However he didn’t meet Chen’s eyes when he said it.

The younger looked at him suspiciously, “So? Yixing hyung would usually stay… unless someone told him to go instead.”

“…” Minseok kept his head down making Chen grin and get up from his seat.

“You wanted to stay with me.” He stated smugly.

Minseok denied it immediately, “No.” he turned back to the sink, turning his face away.

“Admit it.” Chen sang, coming up behind the elder and slipping his arms around Minseok’s waist. “You took the chance because you knew we’d be alone.” He carefully pressed his lips right below the elder’s ear.

Minseok sighed, rather shakily, “Kai might hear us. He’ll find out.”

“Kai is too concentrated on Soo.” Lips travelled down to Minseok’s neck.

Minseok squirmed a bit. “Jongdae.” He pleaded. But was ignored when Chen spun him around so that Minseok now faced him.

“Min, we’ve hardly had time to ourselves since all this craziness started. Even when I got sick you weren’t there.” Chen complained sadly.

Minseok felt a pang in his heart at Chens tone. Sighing, Minseok laid his head on Chen’s chest. “You know I couldn’t do anything about that.”

“Why can’t we just tell them?” He begged, squeezing the elder’s waist tight. “Why can’t I let everyone know that you’re mine?” When he didn’t get an answer he pulled back slightly to look at Minseok, he saw that the elder was looking down guiltily as he bit his lip.

“Don’t you love me hyung?” Jongdae finally whispered, letting go and stepping away from Minseok.

The elder’s eyes widened in panic at the disappearing warmth. “No! No, Jongdae I love you!” but Chen had already turned his back to him. Minseok immediately grabbed his shirt in a desperate attempt to stop him. “I-I’m sorry Jongdae –I know you really don’t want to hide it. I just can’t. not-not yet…” The elder could fell tears start to swell in his eyes. “but please Jongdae, don’t... don’t leave me. Please.” He begged, voicing wavering.

“…Do you love me?” Jongdae asked, back still turned.

Minseok nodded furiously, “Yes! I love you so much.”

“Are you sure?”

“More- more than anything.”

“Did you miss me when you were away?”

“…I was worried like crazy…” the thought had him clutch Chen’s shirt harder.

“You know I’m still pretty angry that you left me alone while I was sick.”

“I know.”

“You have to make it up to me.”

“Okay.”

“So let’s go make out.”

“o- Wait what?” In that second, Chen spun around and wrapped his arms around the elder once again, laughing. Minseok, on the other hand, turning bright red. “You tricked me!” he accused in disbelief, slipping out and slapping Chen’s arm.

“OWWW Minnie!! that hurt!” Minseok watched as Chen clutched his arm in pain, shocked.

“O-oh my god, baby!” Minseok freaked. “A-Are you okay?! I’m sorry!! I didn’t mean too-.” In the middle of fussing over his arm, the younger stole a kiss.

“Hm,” Chen chuckled, pulling back. “So gullible.”

“…”

“OW OKAY NOW THAT ING HURT.” Chen screamed, clutching his arm in real pain.

“Well you deserve it you little asswipe. You’re going to give me grey hairs dammit!”

Jongdae laughed once again, ignoring the dull pain in his arm, and wrapped his arms around the little angry form that was his lover. “So cute,” He murmured, kissing Minseok’s cheek and just hugging his close.

They stayed like that for a little bit. Minseok, who actually really loved the feeling of being Chen’s arms, gave in and wrapped his arms around the younger as well. “You’re annoying,” he stated softly.

Chen hummed, “Yet you love me.”

“Yeah,” Minseok nodded, “I love you.”

This time Chen sighed and pulled back, lifting his hand and caressing Minseok’s cheek. “I love you too. So much.” He said with such unfamiliar intensity that it surprised Minseok.  “I’m sorry I acted like that. I’m just… so ing in love with you.” Again he sighed, but then smiled softly and pressed his lips to the elder’s forehead. “But if you aren’t ready to tell everyone then that’s fine. I’ll wait until the day that I can finally mate with you. I’ll wait however long you want me too. As long as I know that this,” He pressed his lips over Minseok’s heart, being able to feel eccentric beating of the elder’s heart. “and this.” He pressed his lips to Minseok’s soft ones. “Belong to me,” he whispered, looking back into the elders eyes. “I’ll wait.”

With that he ever so gently kissed Minseok, pouring all his feelings into it. Proving to the elder that he meant every word.

He pulled back and grinned happily at the Minseok. The elders face turned an adorable red before he whispered something. Chen cocked his head to the side. “What was that Min?” he asked laughing. “What are you trying to say?”

Minseok kept his head down and repeated, but now it sounded like a jumble of words to Chen.

“Minnie,” He chuckled, “I don’t understand.

Finally Minseok lifted his head, and even though he was glaring at Chen, he was still bright red. “I ing said,” he growled. “Let’s. Go. Make. Out.”

This caused the younger to look at him in surprise. “You wanna go make out?” he asked in disbelief –but not at all unwillingly.

Minseok tried to hide his embarrassment and grabbed Chen’s hand, dragging him to the couch in the living room. “Yes.” He answered. Pushing Chen onto the couch.

“Well what about Kai hearing us and finding out?” Chen teased, enjoying his little lover act so assertive.

“He’s too concentrated on Soo.” The elder muttered, repeating Chen’s previous words while crawling onto his lap.

“Well what about-“

“ing hell Jongdae, Just kiss me.” Minseok ordered, annoyed and embarrassed that he was being so very forward.

Chen grinned and pulled the elder closer, “Whatever you say Minnie hyung.” Immediately capturing Minseok’s lovely lips in his own.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Mngh,” Kyungsoo whined, squirming and thick brows furrowing together.

“Shhhh,” Kai soothed, running one hand through the elders sweaty fringe, the other held a clot to his nose to block out the strong pheremones. he'd never been exposed to so much before. “I know it hurts but you’ll be okay.” He said softly. And just like always, under Kai’s gently touches, Kyungsoo seemed to calm down.

The alpha smiled as he watched Kyungsoo drift back into peaceful sleep. He looked so cute and adorable like that, the only way he liked to see Kyungsoo.

He had never seen an omega go into heat before, so it was strange to witness it so close in person. Yixing had warned him that it would be a bit painful to watch Kyungsoo sometimes. Kai honestly hadn’t thought it was going to be bad, but it was. The first time he saw Kyungsoo thrashing around, crying made Kai yell for Yixing, tears in his eyes because he so desperately wanted to help but couldn’t. Yixing told him that even he couldn’t help. It was normal but the one thing Kai could do was hold Kyungsoo down when he would begin to thrash again. It was the only way to make sure that the omega’s injuries didn’t worsen. So Kai did, even though it hurt him so much -both to see the omega in pain, but also the self control he needed. There was some times when the scent was so strong that he had to leave the room to calm his alpha down. There was a couple occasions where he had to dose himself in freezing cold water to return back to his sense after seeing Kyungsoo with a rather... proacitive expression while he moaned. To say that it was hard to walk away would be an understatment.

It had only been a day, which meant 6 more days of the torturous heat for Kyungsoo to endure and waves of phermones for Kai. But Kai didn’t mind, he found himself thinking about Kyungsoo most of the time. That was really the only thing the he liked to think about, the only thing that made him smile.

Softly, Kai caressed Kyungsoo’s cheek. He honestly couldn’t wait until he saw the most beautiful smile back on the omega’s face again.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Why the hell are you two so red?” Baekhyun asked as he walked into the living room, followed by Chanyeol who carried about a dozen bags in his arms. “Oh Channie go put those in my room for me please.” He hastily said before turning back to Minseok and Chen. “Well?”

“We were wrestling.” Chen explained happily, briefly smirking at the elder next to him. “I was bored since SOMEONE didn’t actually wake me up, so I got Minseok hyung to play with me.”

Although Minseok was red, for a different reason, he nodded. “Baekhyun, do not leave him next time please.”

“But-“

“Don’t. ing. Do. It”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The boys were bored, most lounging sound, playing with their new toys. Yixing was with Minseok in the kitchen, helping him whip up breakfast; now technically lunch since everyone had woken up so late. Baekhyun was bored, like so bored, as he laid sprawled out on the couch watching Chanyeol, Sehun and Tao play their new console game. He had already spent last night and earlier that day admiring his new clothes. He even dragged Luhan into his room and gave a mini fashion show to showcase them. Unfortunately, as Baekhyun soon realized, Luhan was much too distracted. He guessed it had to do something with Sehun last night, but it wasn’t his place to ask. That was Kyungsoo’s job… being the person to show his new stuff to, was also Kyungsoo’s job. Baekhyun sighed, he missed Kyungsoo.

“Giant~” he whined, “I’m bored.” But Chanyeol, too distracted by the game, didn’t seem to hear the whiney beta. “Giant!” he cried again, this time poking his face.

“huh?” Chanyeol took a quick glance at Baekhyun before turning back to the screen. “Ah Sorry Beak. Well where’s Luhan?”

Baekhyun groaned, “I dunno, he said he wasn’t feeling well.” As he said this he glanced at Sehun but there was no reacting from the younger. Strange.

“Giant!!” he had to call again when Chanyeol didn’t respond.

“uhhh, Chen?”

“Kris had to go run an errand with Suho so they took Chen.”

But again Chanyeol’s concentration was elsewhere. “Chanyeol! Goddammit!!!” the beta cried.

The giant looked hastily between the screen and the beat. “S-sorry Baek but I’m so close!”

Tao then scoffed, “You mean you WERE so close.” Before grinning and dramatically pressing a button on his controller. Chanyeol’s eyes widened. “TAO! NO! WHAT THE HELL!”

Baekhyun sighed and got up. He went to up to his room and plopped onto his desk chair. He couldn’t believe that he was so bored that it had come down to this. This, the thing that he only ever did when Kris was yelling and nagging him at his to hurry and finish. He pulled out some files and laid them in front of him. For the first time in his history, Baekhyun was about to do the bookkeeping. EARLY.

The beta sighed again, he was so bored.

 

 

Kai could sense a light warm feeling on the top of his head. It was familiar and extremely soothing. Blinking to wave the sleep away, Kai looked up to see familiar large round eyes staring back. His hand a top kai’s head and his eyes glossy.

“Soo. You’re awake.” Kai’s sleep filled voice crooked as he sat up, He had probably fell asleep after lighting up a couple more of Yixings phermone blockers. He noticed that even though he was with 5 feet of the omega the scent was't too strong, maybe because it was already the fourth day since the start fo his heat.

But the omega stayed frowning, “You’re hurt.” He whispered, softly touching a new bruise under kai’s eye.

Kai lightly winced and shrugged, “Not as bad as you are.”

Kyungsoo shook his head “But you’re hurt.” He repeated, sounding vaguely hurt himself. “How’s your leg?”

Raising a brow, kai looked at him strangely. “Is that a question you should really be wondering about right now?” Kyungsoo should really be asking about his own injuries.

“Jongin.” And Kai felt his heart skip a beat. He really had missed his name coming from the omega’s lips.

Sighing he showed Kyungsoo his new cast. “Yixing said I should go back to the wheelchair but I insisted that it’s not that bad… I just need someone to help me with some stuff. No big deal.”

However when Kai looked back at Kyungsoo’s face he saw the omega’s eyes go red, his furrowed brows and slight jutting lower lip was a familiar expression to Kai.

“Soo-“ The alpha started, hoping to avoid what came next but as always, the omega beat him to it.

“You’re an idiot for getting hurt!!” he cried. “I mean you’re already so hurt! You were getting better!! Kai you idiot!” Even now, Kyungsoo still cared for Kai more than anything. The thought made the younger smile softly.

“Maybe you shouldn’t have run off like that then.” He joked lightly.

However the omega seemed to take him seriously, hurt emanated from his face quickly before he looked down. “I- I know. I’m sorry.”

Kai shook his head, “Soo, stop. I was joking.” He smiled. “I’m fine,” he said. Kyungsoo looked at his hands which Kai had covered in his large ones. “It was my fault. I shouldn’t have said the things I did.” He assured the omega. But Kyungsoo felt loneliness seep through his body, remembering their argument. “I just don’t want you to leave.” The boy whispered, then he suddenly winced in pain. That’s right, he was still in heat. He had forgotten.

“Soo.” Kai called softly, brushing the boys bangs from his forehead. “Rest. Please. I won’t leave your side.”

“But you will.” The omega stressed softly. “Once your wounds heal… you’ll leave.”

The alpha paused as he stared into the omega’s face before shaking his head, “I won’t.” Kyungsoo opened his mouth to argue but Jongin gave him a hard glare -silently ordering him to shut up and listen. Kyungsoo lowered his head in submission but pouted -screw omega tendencies.

"It's hard for me to thnk about staying anywhere Soo, I don't have many good experiences... But I do know that right now I want to stay. here. With you. So I'll try. okay?" He sighed softly.

Kyungsoo looked at him in shock. “W-what?”

Kai smled, "I'm saying that I'll try. I've stayed for this long right? If I wasn't so comfortable here I would've left long ago. So i'll try, if you guys allow me."

Still the omega couldn’t believe what he was hearing. Understanding this, kai chuckled and brought his hand up to the elder’s cheek. Kyungsoo froze when he felt the large, slightly calloused hand feel feathery soft as it lightly rested on his cheek. Kai’s thumb ever so gently running over his cheek bone. “For now, Sleep,” his thick voice commanded. Kyungsoo had to stop himself from shivering at the tone, but couldn’t quite stop the light blush that dusted over his cheeks.

He lightly pushed Kyungsoo down and pulled the boys covers up. “We’ll talk more when you’re better aright?” he got up to leave the room to inform the others but Kyungsoo’s voice stopped him.

“Jongin. A-Are you sure?”

Kai looked back at Kyungsoo and gave him such a strong and sure look that Kyungsoo felt his heart skip. “More than anything.” And then he left. Leaving Kyungsoo to fall asleep with a pounding heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The next couple of days were uneventful, at least for Kyungsoo. Besides the scorching pain that came and went, he could practically hear Jongin fighting with the others. Shouts of “LET US SEE HIM DAMMIT” and “ OFF HE NEEDS TO REST” were constantly thrown around. He wanted to see them too, but he had to say the rest was great. However he was pretty much fine, today was his last day of heat and by tomorrow he could leave his room. He cringed thinking about the huge mess that was probably waiting for him, although kai had reassured him that Xiumin and Lay had taken charge of that. Anyway, there was no way he could clean, what with his injuries and all. But it wouldn’t be the same! They couldn’t clean how Kyungsoo wanted it to be clean! … He may just have to write them a list?.... or maybe write some detailed instructions….. Maybe he should just follow them and tell them exactly how it should be done…

“-soo… Kyungsoo!”

The omega blinked and looked up. “Oh Hi Jongin.” He smiled and sat up.

“You shouldn’t be sitting up,” the younger chided. Since the talk a while ago Kai had been very good to Kyungsoo. Yes he argued and annoyed the hell out of him at times but he also took care of him so sweetly.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, “Jongin I’m fine now.” There was also one thing that Kai had started to do that confused the hell out of Kyungsoo. Wait- was it because of his phermones?? 

The alpha rolled his eyes and pressed his palm to the elder’s forehead, applying slight pressure so that he had no choice but to lay down again. His hand lingered by the omega’s face, lightly running along the side of his face, down his cheek, and along his jaw. Kyungsoo’s breath hitched, that right there, those light yet firm touches and warm smile’s had been happening frequently. Truthfully, to say that it confused Kyungsoo would be an understatement. He had absolutely no clue as to why Kai was acting such a way but he didn’t stop it. He didn’t want too. He liked so much. He liked it too much.

Kai rolled his eyes. “You’re still in heat,” He stated.

“Your point?” he omega countered, but made no move to sit up again. “It’s the last day.” The younger of the two gave him a look. “Shut the up Soo, just for today. You can do whatever the hell you want tomorrow.”

The omega grinned.

“Except cleaning.”

The grin fell.

“Jongin!”

He could hear the alpha chuckling as he left the room. Kyungsoo didn’t think it was fair that Kai had such effects on him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“ing hell Baekhyun will you get your ing arms off Kyungsoo.”

“… Giant, Kai swore at me.”

“Kai that wasn’t very nice-“

“SHUT THE UP YOU STUPID WHIPPED .”

“mph guymphs” no one paid attention to Kyungsoo wrapped in a bear hug between Baekhyun and Chanyeol

“HOW DARE YOU CALL CHANYEOL A ”

"I also called him stupid and whipped!"

 

 

“The is happening?” the four boys turned to see Kris, Suho and an amused Jongdae at the door.

“Oh, you guys are back.” Minseok waved from the couch, along with Luhan. Sehun was sitting on the armchair and nodded in their direction. Lay and Tao shot up and ran to their mates.

“You’re back!!” Tao cried happily, wrapping his arms around the tall Alpha. “Hey,” Kris greeted back, wrapping his arm around his mate’s waist and pressed his lips to his softly. “Sorry we took longer than we thought.”

Lay buried his face into Suho’s neck. “s’okay. As long as your back now.” The Beta smiled and kissed his mates head.

“So,” Kris started, turning back to the others. “Wanna explain what happened.” Realizing what may happen, Kris raised a hand to stop before yelling began again. “You know what, actually, Minseok you explain.”

“Nice save,” Suho laughed. Causing everyone else except Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Kai to laugh.

“well,” Xiumin began, “Kyunggie finished his heat last night. So todays the first day that they have seen him since he woke up.”

“He needed his rest,” Kai grumbled.

“Yeah well he’s had it,” Baekhyun retorted, sticking his tongue out at the alpha.

Suho sighed, “Baekhyun, Kai is right. Kyungsoo needs to be dealt with lightly. He’s injured now.”

“See!”

“Jongin.” Kyungsoo chided. The young alpha could be such a child.

“Oh, that reminds me,” Lay said looking at his mate. “Where did you guys go? You only said you had a meeting, grabbed Jongdae and left the day after Kyungsoo got injured.” Kyungsoo had also been wondering the same thing. It was weird to have both The Alpha and The Beta leave on such short notice; plus they took Jongdae with them.  The Alpha, Beta and Jongdae shared a look.

“The attack on Soo…” Suho began. A bit unsure how to continue.

“We think it’s connected to the pack from the south.” Kris finished off with a sigh causing all the boys all freeze.

“You mean the one we are supposed to be protecting the northeast forest from?” Baekhyun asked, in shock.

The three men nodded. “We went to get more info and to inform them that they were moving faster than we thought.” Jongdae told them- being the expert with the geography of the lands.

Chanyeol looked at then in shock, “Does this mean that Kyungsoo and Luhan are in danger?”

Kris sighed again, “Possibly. They probably know that there’s one omega here –if that alpha from before was from that pack. I’m unsure if they would come back though seeing as they know that a lone wolf was the one to protect him.” Kai had never been so glad to be a lone wolf before. “But just to be safe,” Kris continued, turning to the two omegas. “Luhan, Kyungsoo. I don’t want you guys going off by yourself. Either stay within sight of the lodge or have an alpha with you at all times.”

Although they wanted to argue, they knew it was better to listen so they both nodded.

Kris nodded in satisfaction. “One more thing. Luhan if you don’t mind it might be better to have both injured people in the same room so could you stay in Sehun’s room so Kai can stay with Kyungsoo? We need a spare room.”

“I don’t think that a good idea,” Sehun suggested, speaking for the first time. It surprised him, that very first night, especially when Luhan didn’t leave and slept in Sehun’s room, but Sehun was sure that the omega was just forcing himself. “Luhan should stay in Baekhyun’s room or Chan-.”

“Sure.” Luhan interrupted him. Surprising the others, especially Sehun. “I don’t mind.” The omega continued, not meeting the young alphas eyes. “Why do you need a spare room for though?”

The question made Jongdae grin, Suho laugh and Kris rub his temples. “We’re about to get a visit from an annoying head-ache inducing idiot.”