Let me know

Please Don't Go

Eyes fluttering, Kyungsoo could see the ceiling above him. He guessed he had probably fallen asleep after crying again this morning. Although slightly embarrassed, he did have to admit that he felt refreshed as he sat up. Glancing at the clock he saw that that it was just past noon, meaning he had been asleep for just over an hour. He didn’t even have to look around the room to know that Jongin wasn’t there, he could sense the alpha downstairs.

The omega swung his legs over the bed and rubbed his eyes, wiping the last of his sleep away. Oddly enough he really wanted to call Jongin’s name, craving the alpha’s presence. But he didn’t, Jongin had done enough and it wouldn’t be fair to take advantage of his kindness like that. Instead, the omega stood up and walked out the room.

“Hey Soo.” Kyungsoo jumped slightly and looked back to see Luhan also emerging from Sehun’s room.

“Fall asleep too?” Kyungsoo asked as Luhan walked up beside him.

The older omega nodded with a pink tinge to his cheeks. “I think I knocked out on Sehun’s shoulder,” he groaned. “How embarrassing.” He was slightly glad that he had woken up alone, yet there was a small part of him that wanted to wake up with the young alpha next to him.

Kyungsoo laughed, “Well at least all that sleep has your lip almost back to normal.”

Touching his lip, Luhan grinned, “True, I can probablymeat without having it sting now.” But then the omega froze and put a hand to his stomach, “Speaking of eating, I’m so ing hungry.”

That’s right, Kyungsoo realized, they hadn’t eaten since yesterday afternoon. “Then let’s hope they made food that’s edible,” he joked.

The two omega’s made their way downstairs, the first ones to spot them were Suho and Tao who were watching TV. “Oh, Hey guys,” Suho grinned and gave a wave. “Feeling better?”

Both omega’s blushed but nodded. “Sorry about earlier,” Kyungsoo apologized but The Beta just waved his hand. “it’s nothing to be sorry for.”

Luhan looked around and frowned, “Where is everyone?” The whereabouts of a specific alpha on his mind.

Just then Jongin popped out from the kitchen and looked at Kyungsoo, “You’re awake.” Immediately the alpha walked over to the elder and stood beside him, his hand automatically coming over to touch Kyungsoo’s elbow. “I didn’t hear you come down.”

Kyungsoo shrugged, slightly feeling giddy the moment he felt Jongin’s warmth. “Got hungry,” he replied softly.

Jongin nodded, “Yixing made some food for you guys. Come.” He slowly led Kyungsoo towards the kitchen, the rest following behind.

Luhan turned back to Suho with a lifted brow, “So…?” his question still standing.

“Kris and Baekhyun are still out.” Tao replied first. They weren’t back since they had left, but they weren’t worried.

“And Chanyeol, Jongdae, Taemin and Sehun went out to hunt.” Suho finished off.

So, Sehun wasn’t here. Luhan felt his shoulders sag, slightly unhappy at the information. The boy’s walked into the kitchen to see Yixing and Xiumin at the counters, Yixing was the one to turn around and greet them. “Sit down, I’ll get you food,” he said as a greeting, both omegas were thankful.

However, they both looked over to the other beta in the room, the one who had yet to look at them.

“Minseok hyung…?” Kyungsoo called carefully. The beta jumped at the sound of the omega’s voice before stiffening. Slowly, he turned around, but his eyes were trained to the floor. It took a little more prompting from the omegas but soon enough the beta lifted his eyes.

Kyungsoo watched Minseoks’ face go pale once he faced Kyungsoo. The omega could tell that Minseok wasn’t looking at him, but looking at his bruised face. Before Kyungsoo could get a word out, Minseok’s eyes moved to Luhan’s split lip and they watched as his jaw clenched.

“Min,” Luhan started, understanding what was happening. “Look, we’re almost healed. No worries.” The omega tried to smile reassuringly to his friend. But the words had no effect on Minseok, they could see the guilt threatening to take over Minseok. That’s when Kyungsoo sighed, he marched up to Minseok and lifted his hand, causing the beta to flinch.

He stumbled back slightly when he saw Kyungsoo’s hand come swinging down, but all Kyungsoo did was simply flick his forehead, “stop before I punch you so hard you won’t remember what it is you’re feeling bad about.”

The threat had both Luhan and Yixing smiling slightly. Even Kai raised an eyebrow in amusement.

The omega grabbed Minseok’s shoulders and shook them, “We are fine!” he grinned, “Once we get some food in us we should be back to our old selves.”

That’s when Minseok finally opened his mouth, “but-“

“Nope,” Luhan shook his head, “No buts, we’re fine.”

Minseok looked back and forth between the two omegas, seemingly lost, but seeing the hard look in both of their eyes Minseok knew he had to back down. “Alright,” the beta sighed, “I am sorry though. I don’t have an excuse for what I did.” He whispered.

Both Kyungsoo and Luhan smiled and wrapped their arms around their friend. Continuously reassuring Minseok that they loved him and that they didn’t blame him for anything. But just to make sure, both omegas made sure to stick close to Minseok throughout the morning, even embarrassing the poor boy by feeding him their lunch.

“Wow Minseok, have you turned my pack into a harem?” Kris’ deep voice suddenly sounded by the doorway.

Minseok spluttered at the Alpha’s words as they all turned to look at him. “What?-I-No!” He pointed at the two boys on either side of him, “they won’t leave me alone!” he cried, his cheeks turning pink.

“Really?” Kris asked, as he leaned on the doorway, “Good.” He grinned and gave a thumbs up to Kyungsoo and Luhan “Keep up the good work,” he addressed them. Both boys grinned and saluted their pack leader.

They then noticed Baekhyun who peeked out from behind Kris. The boy’s eyes were red but he was smiling so they all took it as a good sign. “Baekhyun! Come,” Kyungsoo motioned for his friend to come over. “You’re probably hungry.” Baekhyun nodded but quickly looked up at Kris for permission. The other boys thought it was adorable. It was rare for Baekhyun to be all submissive even around their Alpha. Kris looked down at the younger beta and nodded, and immediately Baekhyun flew. The boy did look better once he was being fawned over by the omegas.

Kris smiled, happy that his pack was doing better. Deciding that his role was over, Kris spun around and wordlessly walked over to Tao. The beta looked at his mate curiously, but with a smile as a greeting. Kris returned with a soft smile, thankful that the boy was so understanding. He held out his hand to the boy, to which Tao immediately took. The Alpha squeezed the beta’s hand before pulling him along towards their room. He missed his mate dearly.

Suho, the only one who witnessed this, scoffed and shook his head with a fond smile.

 

The day was quiet for the most part, everyone seemed emotionally tired. Baekhyun never said what he talked to Kris about but Kyungsoo guessed that it was probably his worries and true fears. No one minded though, they all sat in the living room for most of the day, watching pirates of the Caribbean movie marathons and making commentaries on them.                                            

“I read that half of these movies weren’t even scripted,” Luhan mentioned over a mouth full of popcorn. “Most of it is just the other actors reacting to the Johnny Depp did on set.”

Kyungsoo shrugged. “Who cares he made the movie a ton better… plus he’s hot,” commenting as he kept his eyes on the screen, not even noticing Kai giving him a side glance.

“Agreed,” Minseok pipped up.                               

Baekhyun nodded as well, “If a pirate as ing hot as him told me he was the pirate king and he wanted me to a part of his crew, I wouldn’t even question it.”

Yixing scoffed from his mate’s lap, “If a pirate as ing hot as him told me to walk the plank into an ocean full of sharks I would do it no problem.”

“Hey!” Suho whined, looking at his lover with shocked eyes. Yixing laughed and pecked his lips, “but if my Joonie was there he wouldn’t let me fall for his charm now would he?”

That seemed to please his mate who just held Yixing closer to him and kissed his shoulder, “I might have to remind you who you belong too.”  Earning a giggle from Yixing.

Kyungsoo groaned, “You two are gross.” He buried his face in Kai’s arm who was conveniently sitting next to him, “Jongin make them stop.”

Kai simply chuckled and shook his head, “Come on, they aren’t worse than Kris and Tao.”

“Doesn’t mean I need to witness it all!” the smaller boy whined, voice muffled, as Kai simply pet his hair.

They didn’t notice the rest of the boys around them staring.

“I think you too might be the worst,” Luhan announced before throwing a handful of popcorn at the two.

“Hey!” Kyungsoo cried. Only to get another handful thrown at him from Minseok and Baekhyun.

“You guys are making a mess!!” the younger cried as he lifted Kai’s arm to hide behind. He received more head shakes and popcorn catapulting from the three boys. This only made Kai chuckle, not minding being used as a human shield. It only took one more handful before Kyungsoo looked ready to pounce, signalling the two beta’s and older omega to get off their asses and make a run for it.

Baekhyun laughed as he sprinted away, knowing that Kai, even if he tried to use his arms to secure the omega, wouldn’t be able to hold Kyungsoo back from kicking their asses –“oOMPF” Just as Baekhyun predicted, Kai had been knocked out of the way. Baekhyun turned to hide in the kitchen but once he spun around he slammed into a firm chest and rebounded onto the floor.

“Oh ! Baek!” Chanyeol’s immediately apologized, kneeling down to pick the boy up however he froze when the smaller boy flinched away from his touch.

“Oh Channie,” Baekhyun greeted, effectively shocking the young alpha, wasn’t he avoiding him? “You guys are back! That’s great! We could use some fresh kill tonight.” Baekhyun spun to face the living room where Kyungsoo was probably cleaning the mess made. “Soo!! The meat is here! Can we just have the fresh one tonight?” As he said this Baekhyun took a step to walk out of the kitchen but as he did Chanyeol stopped him.

“Ah wait a sec Baekhyun.”

The elder looked up at Chanyeol.

“Well it’s about yesterday…” he said this slowly, watching the small beta’s reaction. It was quite quick but Chanyeol thought he saw a pained looked flash across his face before a smiling one replaced it.

With a wave of his hand Baekhyun assured the alpha not to worry about it. “No need to apologize, its fine.”

“but Baek-,” unfortunately the alpha was cut off as Kyungsoo and Kai both walked into the kitchen.

“Fresh kill? Sure why not,” Kyungsoo replied before both his and Kai’s gazes landed on Chanyeol who stood there awkwardly.

“Are we interrupting something?” Kai asked hesitantly, noticing Chanyeol’s reddened cheeks.

Obviously Chanyeol was going to deny it, but then Baekhyun was the one to jump in and deny that anything was amiss, then bounced away, leaving Chanyeol feeling a bit annoyed.

Kai turned his gaze back to the tall alpha, as if Baekhyun’s behaviour didn’t surprise him at, whereas Kyungsoo was staring at the doorway that Baekhyun had just bounced out of with a look of disbelief. “So how was the hunt?” the young alpha asked.

Chanyeol sighed and gave a small smile. “It was good, gave a chance for us to release some stress and tension we had felt earlier. Just the fresh air in general was a breather.”

The statement made Kyungsoo frown, “Now I really wish I could go outside too.”

“Well Kris just said you guys have to be on grounds right. You might not be able to run but at least you can be outside.” Kai suggested to the small omega.

Kyungsoo blinked as he took in Kai’s words, with everything going on he actually thought everyone could use some fresh air. “You’re right,” Kyungsoo muttered, ideas churning around in his mind.

“Obviously- ,” his sass had earned a punch.

“Why don’t we all have an outdoor dinner tonight? Like a barbeque.”

Chanyeol paused his sniggering at Kai cradling his arm to nod in agreement. “That’s a pretty good idea. We haven’t had one of those in a while.”

“Great,” Kyungsoo grinned clapping his hands together. “Then can you go tell Baekhyun, Yixing, Suho and Minseok to get their butts in here and help me. Get the rest to go outside and set up everything.” Kyungsoo gave Kai a light shove, “that includes you too.”

The omega had to stop himself from cooing internally when he saw Kai’s pout, “Do I have to? Can’t I stay and help cook or you know… supervise?”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and scoffed, giving Chanyeol a look. The tall alpha understood and threw his arm around Kai’s shoulder. “Not a chance, you’re not even injured anymore so you’re helping us out.”

After that the alpha just sighed and gave no more complaints.

As Kyungsoo had ordered, Baekhyun, Yixing, Suho and Minseok all came into the kitchen to help with preparations. The rest immediately heading outside to set up. Once they heard that there would be an outdoor barbeque dinner tonight, everyone’s moods seemed to lift and excitement filled the air. Obviously people were still a bit sensitive. Namely Baekhyun who flinched away whenever anyone other than Kyungsoo, Luhan or Kris seemed to come in contact with him. No one took offence though, understanding the boy obviously couldn’t get over what had happened that easily.

“Yah, are you guys done yet?” Luhan called impatiently as he bounced his way into the kitchen.

Yixing gave the omega a glance before turning back to vegetables he was busy cutting up “Luhan weren’t you banned from being in the kitchen while we cooked?”

“I believe a fire was involved,” Minseok added giving Luhan a cheeky grin.

“That was one time!”

Kyungsoo scoffed, “ones more than enough, here,” he handed Luhan a box of matches. “Since you have such an affinity with fire, go start the barbeque.”

Luhan’s cheeks went pink and the others laughed, causing the omega to whine at how one measly mistake costs him all this grief.

***

Baekhyun had taken the job of bringing the utensils outside, having counted twice to make sure he had the right number of plates and cutlery. Yet, as he was actually doing his work, he heard some voices coming from the kitchen next door.

“Didn’t I tell you to stay outside?” he heard Kyungsoo scolding someone.

“But we’re finished,” Kai’s voice could be heard answering back, while Kyungsoo’s light footsteps were fleeting around the kitchen no doubt. Probably too busy to realize just how close Baekhyun was to them.

“Well then go take something outside,” the omega dismissed. And from Kai’s tone of voice, Baekhyun could practically hear the alpha rolling his eyes, “Fine then. Just tell me what to take outside.”

“Food?”

“Yixing and Luhan are taking care of that.”

“Utensils?”

“Baekhyun”

“…extra stuff?”

Kai scoffed, “extra stuff? Soo, there’s a whole lot of guys there. They don’t need me.”

There was a pause before Kyungsoo answered back, “well what makes you think that I need you.”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, did Kyungsoo even know what he was asking? It was then that the beta decided to take a peek from behind the doorway, just in time to see Kai lower his face so that they was face-to-face, almost an inch away from the omega’s own.

“Cause you’re you.” It was lame, so lame that Baekhyun had to stop himself from gagging right there and then, especially when he saw Kyungsoo heat up before quickly spinning around.

“Get the chili paste from the fridge, its hiding in there somewhere,” he ordered, busying himself with the various pots on the stove. Kai smirked but did as he was told.

At that, Baekhyun turned back around and walked back towards the table with a smile on his face. Those two were honestly adorable and he couldn’t wait to tease them. The beta went back to gathering utensils into his arms.

Sensing someone approaching, Baekhyun froze. “Baek?” Chanyeol’s familiar voice appeared before him.

“Oh, Chanyeol!” Baekhyun greeted as he peeked from behind his pile, “Sorry! I’m just bringing the stuff now.”

Chanyeol gave a strained smile. Although Baekhyun seemed to be acting normally, the alpha a felt an aura of awkwardness surrounding them. However Chanyeol felt slightly worried as he watched the tower of plates swaying over the small boy’s head, so he took a step closer. “Do you need some help?” he asked wearily.

“Ah, no! No!” Baekhyun immediately declined, “I’m fine! Just grab the other stuff there-,” but as Baekhyun spoke his demand, he seemed to stumble.

“oh ,” Chanyeol reached out to steady the tower of plates from Baekhyun’s hands. “There’s no way you’re going to carry this,” the tall alpha stated, “Give it here.” Without waiting for a proper reply from the beta, Chanyeol reached for the bottom to take the stack away. Unfortunately his large hands had no choice but to graze the smaller beta’s, and the moment contact was made, Baekhyun yanked his hands away so fast that the plates seemed to tip dangerously. If not for Chanyeol’s reflexes the pile of plates would have surely gone crashing down.

“So-sorry,” Baekhyun stuttered, clutching his hands to his chest. Chanyeol was shocked as well, not having expected him to do such a thing.

“No… it’s fine. Um, I’ll just take this…outside then.” The alpha replied a tad awkwardly.

Baekhyun nodded, but his eyes were trained to the floor. “Yeah, ok, thank you,” he said, as he turned to the table to grab the rest of the utensils.

Walking out of the room first, Chanyeol let out a sigh. He desperately wanted to fix this.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Jongdae was getting fed up, so utterly fed up with the way Minseok was acting. At first it was his own stubbornness that kept him from reconciling with the elder, then it became anger that Minseok was being unreasonable. But now what he felt was frustration, and worry –Minseok was withdrawing himself, and it was clear he was overthinking things. He was starting to worry him so much that it was slightly frightening. Jongdae was more than willing, at this point, to throw away whatever they were fighting about before.

He was hoping to get a chance to talk to the elder while everyone was preparing for the BBQ, but it seemed like he wouldn’t get a chance since they were put into different groups for preparations. Not to mention, every time the younger approached the boy, he’d run away. So the minute Jongdae spotted an open seat directly in front of Minseok, he took it without hesitation. He knew that the best method to getting Minseok’s attention was to annoy the heck outta him. Minseok had a small look of shock cross his features when he saw Jongdae plop himself down. However he quickly regained himself and looked down but of course the younger beta wouldn’t have it.

His plan set into motion when they all began eating, he glanced at the array of food around the table for a while and when he noticed the plate of pickled radishes he grinned. Pickled radish –the one and only food that Minseok hated. Now was the perfect time to use this information against him.

“Here, first round is done,” Sehun announced as he placed two plates of meat down on the table. “I’m done, someone take over.”  The young alpha then plopped himself down in the chair next to Luhan, who gave the former a disapproving look.

“tsk, manners Sehun. Don’t be a brat.”

Sehun sighed, “Fine, please.”

Yixing laughed and stood up, “I’ll do it.”

A nudge form Luhan got Sehun to pipe up a “Thanks hyung.”

Taemin laughed, “Aw, Sehunnie is so adorable, I could just pinch his cheeks,” the beta teased stretching his arms out.  Although Luhan frowned, it only deepened when he saw Sehun smile and jokingly hit his hands away.

“Ok enough being gross and eat,” Kris chided, already placing some food onto Tao’s plate.

Baekhyun snorted, “Speak for yourself.” Earning himself a glare while the rest laughed.

 

Minseok laughed along with the rest and shook his head at their antics before he glanced back down at his plate. But wait, Minseok froze. There was a radish on his plate. Why was there a radish on his plate? How did a radish end up on his plate? After a few more seconds he made a face and pushed the vegetable to the side. It was probably an accident or something.

“Kyungsoo it tastes fine okay? I’m just not too hungry.”

Minseok looked back over to his side to see Kyungsoo frowning as he pushed the food around his plate. “I’ve lost my touch,” the boy declared, “it’s so bland.”

“-Soo.”

“It’s no wonder you don’t wanna eat anything else.”

“Ok look!” the young alpha shoved a lettuce wrap into his mouth. “Shee I’m eashing, it tashes amashing.”Kyungsoo then gave the most innocent questionable look that it have Minseok scoff lightly and shake his head. “Really?”

“mm-hm,” the alpha agreed, piling his plate with a mountain of food. What Kai missed was the smirk that flashed across Kyungsoo’s face –a look that told Minseok that Kyungsoo had mastered the skill of handling Kai.

“Minseok hyung?” Minseok tore his gaze away from the two and glanced over at Luhan who was giving him a strange look. “I thought you hated radishes,” he stated questionably.

“Yeah, and?” he asked, confused as to why Luhan needed confirmation. But he noticed that the omega’s gaze flickered between Minseok and to a spot in front of him in utter confusion. Following his gaze, Minseok’s eyes landed on his plate. He looked horrifically as he saw not one, not two, but a mound of radishes on his plates. “Wha-?”

From the corner of his eyes he noticed a pair of chopsticks, reaching over and placing yet another radish to the pile. Minseok eyes followed up the hands the arms to the face in dismay.

“Minseok hyung is trying to learn how to eat his vegetables and not be such a baby,” Jongdae explained to Luhan. He then turned his gaze to the older beta in front of him and grinned. “Get stronger Hyung,” he said with a teasing tone. Immediately Minseok eyes slit and he began to glare at Jongdae.

“Really Minseok hyung?” Baekhyun asked leaning over. “Wow, I admire you. I don’t think I could ever swallow a cucumber no matter how hard I try.” The boy visibly shuddered just imagining it. “I support you hyung! Here,” the beta placed a couple more radishes onto Minseok’s plate, despite the look of horror in the elders’ eyes. “You can do it!”

He placed a couple more, completely unaware of the deadly look Minseok was shooting Jongdae, who grinned in return. Minseok didn’t know what Jongdae was up to but he was so dead.

 

 

“Hey!” Taemin jumped up, “you know what we need!”

Kris sighed, seeming to already know where this was going.

“Alcohol!”

“No.”

“But Krissssss,” Taemin whined, “Come on!”

Kris glared at Taemin, but as always the beta never wavered. “Alcohol has caused enough problems here.” At this Baekhyun shrunk down in his seat.

Taemin shrugged, “then not everyone has to drink. Just those who can handle it. Not like we’ll get faced anyway.”

“Taemin.”

“ahhhh please!!” the beta whined, leaning towards The Alpha with the most pitiful look that he could muster.

Suho laughed, “Oh come on, just a little to ease up.”

Kris sighed before looking down at his lover, “And what do you suppose I should do?”

Tao grinned and leaned against Kris’ arm batting his eyes as if hypnotizing the elder (to be fair it had worked many times before).”Alcohol.

 

It was from that point the Kris honestly should have thought things through because within the next 2 hours, it was a mess. After just 15 minutes, Taemin had suggested a drinking game. Now Chanyeol was laying on the ground. Kai was groaning as he lay his head on the table because it was his first time drinking alcohol, and a large amount at that. Kyungsoo was fine as he conversed with Baekhyun, turned out the omega at these games but a certain Alpha had become his black prince and had taken shot after shot in his place; how stupid. Tao and Luhan were drunk and singing, arms wrapped around each other’s shoulders as the boys swayed and sung ballad after ballad; they . Kris and Sehun, both who don’t drink, watched the two boys for amusement. It was certainly entertaining. Yixing, Minseok, Suho, Jongdae and Taemin were off the side playing a new drinking game. Actually it was one that Yixing had insisted on… flip, sip or strip. It was fairly easy. Flip a coin and call it, get it wrong once, take a shot, get it wrong twice, take off one piece of clothing. It would also be good to mention that Yixing was fairly drunk.

“Oh it!” Yixing cried, pulling down his pants so that he was left in his boxers.

Okay, he was very drunk. Turned out Yixing at these games just as much as Kyungsoo did. Suho was skilled, and a strong drinker so he just had fun watching Yixing. Jongdae, Minseok and Taemin were all on the same level, however Minseok was also terrible at games, not as bad as Kyungsoo or Yixing, but enough so that he had more alcohol in his system to get him feeling quite drunk.

It was probably the alcohol messing with his mind, but Minseok had been stupid enough to agree to play with Jongdae and Taemin, he should have known that it would be a bad idea. Especially when he saw Jongdae take a shot for Taemin, and the later latching onto Jongdae in thanks. It was then that Minseok decided that it was enough, he had enough.

He stood up with the excuse of feeling nauseous and quickly ran to the sanctuary of the house, until he heard familiar footsteps running after him.

“Min! Minseok hyung!” Jongdae called as he caught up to Minseok who was reaching the top of the stairs. He places his hand on Minseok’s shoulder, “What’s wrong? Are you feeling okay?”

Minseok didn’t reply, silently he shrugged off Jongdae’s hand, no matter how much his brain was telling him to stop pushing. He wobbled a bit, an effect from the alcohol, and placed a hand on the wall to steady himself. But in an instant he found himself pushed against the wall, his back now supporting him and an annoyed Jongdae staring down at him. “I’m tired of this running, ing talk to me Minseok,” demanded Jongdae, feeling his temper boiling over from having been given the cold shoulder one to many times. The elder whimpered under Jongdae’s intense gaze, he could see the fire burning behind his dark eyes, but it also emitted the warmth which he wanted no more than to stare at forever. Especially when they turned into those cute half-moons whenever he smiled… like he was smiling with Taemin earlier… and not with him.

“Min-,”

“You’re going to leave me.” Minseok replied softly.

This effectively caused Jongdae’s intense gaze to falter as he now stood in shock. “…What?” he asked softly, not sure if he really heard correctly. But the look in Minseok’s face as he kept his gaze down told him that he did indeed hear it correctly. “Why the hell would you even think that?” the younger Beta’s tone getting angrier but still soft.

Minseok jumped at the hard words before shrinking back against the wall more. Jongdae didn’t mind it, he continue to stare down at the elder but after a few seconds of the Beta not moving Jongdae shook his head, looking towards his side and took a long deep breath. “Why in s name would you ever think that I’d leave you?”

Unknown to him the drunk Minseok was watching and when Jongdae and turned his head, he had turned his head towards the staircase then back to Minseok. In the eyes of the older (drunk) beta, it seemed like Jongdae wanted to get as far away from Minseok as he could. It made Minseok’s heart sting.

“That look…” he replied sadly. “Y-you always give me that look, like you’d rather be anywhere but with me. Like with Taemin… you’re always smiling and happy with him.” He scornfully explained.

Jongdae stood there for a few seconds processing his words. “Are you serious?” he asked before sighing, “Honestly,” but the elder kept his eyes down. “Look at me,” Jongdae ordered, taking Minseok chin with little resistance. He made sure that the elder was looking into his eyes before he continued. “You are a ing idiot if you ever think that I would leave.” He stressed, watching Minseok bite his lip.

Minseok simply blinked, his eyes watery, before shrugging. “Well I wouldn’t blame you if you did, you know. My feelings bring nothing but trouble.”

Jongdae froze. Hearing those words come out from his lovers mouth so scornfully felt like a stab to the gut. “Do you really think that?” Jongdae asked, the fire in his eyes gone, worry replaced it.

Taking a glance at the expression all Minseok could only think that he did it again, he hurt Jongdae. “N-no –yes –I don’t know…” his lips wobbled and he could feel his head throb, he shouldn’t have drank so much.

Although Jongdae was having a hard time keeping up and was confused more than ever, he wasn’t the only one. It was quite evident the internal struggle Minseok was having with himself at the moment, it was clear in his expression. Minseok felt Jongdae’s hand cup his cheek and his thumb slowly caress his face. “Explain it to me, please. I won’t understand anything until you tell me exactly what’s causing all this. Is it really just Taemin?”

“No it’s not!” Minseok tried to push Jongdae away, he wanted to run away. The feeling of shame and guilt was to strong and he just needed to escape. Instead the drunk beta stumbled to the side, Jongdae being quick and caught him.

“Then what is it?” he begged. “Why are you so desperately trying to make it seem like I’d rather be with Taemin then be with you?” He searched Minseok’s eyes for an answer when his lover refused to speak. “Are you trying to get me to leave you?” he whispered.

Having those words leave Jongdae’s mouth was like an alarm set off. Minseok’s eyes widened and he rapidly shook his head, “N-no, never, I don’t want you to leave me. D- Don’t Jongdae.” Like a broken dam, the tears that the little beta had held in for so long, fell. Having Jongdae himself mentioning leaving made Minseok realize that he didn’t want Jongdae to go anywhere, it didn’t matter if he was happier elsewhere, he had to stay by Minseok. He had to.

Sobs wreaked through his body now, the fear of losing Jongdae was too much. He felt the younger boy wrap his arms around his frame.

“Okay, okay. Shhh, Min stop crying. I won’t, I won’t leave you. I can’t, I love you too much to even think about letting you go.” Jongdae could tell that Minseok was having a difficult time. Suddenly having his emotions take control of his body instead of his brain due to the effective amount of alcohol he had consumed. However, this was probably a good thing, otherwise Jongdae would never get the chance to get Minseok to show such raw emotion.

“But why?” Minseok suddenly asked. “All my feelings ever do is hurt people. My stupid heart causes other pain.” The intoxicated boy continued to cry whilst Jongdae stayed silent and waited from him to continue. “My feeling for you – they –they just make everyone miserable. You, my old pack, Kyungsoo, Luhan. I just disappoint people. I don’t deserve to love you Jongdae.” A fresh batch a tears began to fall again. “But I don’t want you to leave either,” he held Jongdae tighter as he hiccupped, burying his face into his shoulder.

Jongdae let go of a shuddering breath and held the boy back. He felt his own heart break for his lover, unknown to him all the pain and guilt Minseok held for himself.

“Minseok, nothing you’ve don’t has been wrong.” Jongdae began, and immediately he felt Minseok shake his head and hiccup. So Jongdae pulled back and looked into the elders tear filled eyes. “Are you saying that because you love me you’re a bad person?” the accusation made Minseok look down as he sniffled. But the lack of response made Jongdae impatient. “Kim Minseok is that what you believe?” his eyes bore holes as he watched the elder nod.

“I’m too greedy-“

“Bull.” Jongdae exploded. “Then I must be a selfish bastard because frankly I don’t give a who you think you hurt.”

Minseok whimpered, “Jongdae.”

“No, you have to listen,” Jongdae ordered, “what happened with Luhan and Kyungsoo is not your fault. You were separated, and things were just unlucky, you did nothing-“

“-I was following you.”

Jongdae paused as he stared at Minseok who hung his head. “What?”

“I –I saw you and Taemin walking down the street that time and- and I got jealous…or something… so I followed you both without thinking. Next thing I know I feel like crap and everyone is gone. I –I’m sorry.” He closed his eyes and hiccupped, slightly relieved to have everything off his chest but ready to get scolded. Instead he felt himself being pulled into Jongdae’s embrace.

“I don’t know what to do with you,”

“Jongdae stop-“

“I’m not because as much as you think that it was your fault, it’s really not. Things happen, probably for the better.”

“I don’t see how-“

Jongdae gave Minseok a look, “Really? You mean you haven’t noticed how Luhan has been sticking to Sehun? Or how Kai practically hovers over Soo? What happened was like a push that they needed.”

“But-,”

Jongdae sighed and raised his brow at the smaller beta, “Minseok are you trying to make me leave or what? You love me don’t you?”

“No –I –I mean yes! Yes I love you.” The blush on his face made Jongdae smirk gently.

“Then enough,” he stated insistently, “You’re confusing yourself, and me with your useless thinking. I want you to stop all this crap you’re doing and just stay with me because I’ve missed you so much.” Looking into Jongdae’s sincere eyes, Minseok lifted his hand to cup the Youngers cheek lightly.

“I’ve missed you too, but it’s hard,” he admitted, voice breaking slightly at the end. “All I ever think about is how I hide, or run because I’m scared. Even though I love you… I can’t get over this fear that I’m going to disappoint someone.”

Jongdae shrugged, “Then disappoint someone.” Minseok looked up surprised. “You can’t make everyone happy but you can make yourself happy. Stop running, stop hiding and face what you’re scared of.” Jongdae leaned forward and pressed his forehead against Minseok’s, “and I promise that I’ll be there right next to you.” Minseok couldn’t help but smile softly, feeling his heart swell at Jongdae’s promise. It was strange but he felt like a sudden weight was lifted from him, and how everything just felt …right.

“And did I ever tell you how much I love it when you’re jealous.”

Minseok groaned, “Jongdae.” The said boy laughed softly before pulling on Minseok’s arm. He figured they’d been standing in the hallway for far too long and didn’t want to risk anyone coming up.

“What? It’s true! You’re just so adorable, yet so so dumb.” He exclaimed, pulling him into their shared bedroom and setting him down on the bed next to him.

“I don’t want to be hearing this from you.” He already knew it well.

“But it’s true,” Jongdae said softly yet endearingly as he wrapped his arms around the elder’s waist. “You’re so dumb sometimes that it amazes me.”

Minseok glared at Jongdae and twisted in his hold, “ off.” But he had no strength to actually push the younger beta away.

“But you were just begging me not to leave you.” And finally a very small smile finally appeared on Minseok’s face, making Jongdae smile. “I’ve missed your smile,” Jongdae commented resting his forehead against Minseok. The feeling of comfort was greedily welcomed. “Hyung,” Jongdae called gently, getting Minseok’s eyes to flicker up to meet his own. “I won’t ever leave you, I love you,” he stressed. “I promise, so will you please please just follow your heart?” he asked softly before his lips began to get closer and closer, causing Minseok’s eyelids to flutter closed, “Please?” So close that his lips ghosted over the elders.

“Jongdae,” Minseok whispered in a small whine but Jongdae’s word had a strong effect on him. He felt those voices in his mind constantly clouding his thoughts and better judgement seemed to just… disappear.

“Please.”

This time instead of answering Minseok reached up and pressed his lips to Jongdae’s. He craved the feeling so much and to finally have Jongdae’s lips back against his was pure and utter bliss. Jongdae obviously felt the same way for he immediately placed his hands on Minseok’s waist, pulling the elder against him. He deepened the kiss –showing Minseok that he had nothing to fear. Minseok responded by wrapping his arms around Jongdae’s neck, wanting the intimacy just as bad as Jongdae. It was when Minseok pulled away and began pressing his lips to Jongdae’s jawline that things really started to get heated. Messy opened mouthed kisses, pecks, bites, nibbles –all were exchanged with no signs of slowing down. Minseok moaned as Jongdae was worked on one of the countless hickeys splayed on the elder’s neck when the younger beta decided that it simply wasn’t enough. Before Minseok even realized it, Jongdae’s hands had snuck their way up his shirt and over his –causing Minseok to arch. In a blink of an eye, his top had been pulled over his head and he was pushed down onto the mattress with Jongdae hovering over him. There wasn’t enough time to give a cry of surprise before the pair of lips were back on his own.

As deep kisses were exchanged, Minseok ran his hands through Jongdae’s hair. Savoring the groan which was elicited from him. A feeling of boldness overcame him and he didn’t think twice before reaching for the hem of his lovers’ shirt and yanking it off of him. He immediately ran his hands over the smooth taut skin of his chest moving down to his stomach. Jongdae pulled back and gave a breathy chuckle. “My, aren’t you desperate,” he teased, but Minseok didn’t care, his eyes were trained on how absolutely gorgeous Jongdae looked with his hair a mess, skin flushed, and lips swollen. The boy didn’t give Jongdae the satisfaction of a reaction as he suddenly rolled them both until he was sitting on top of Jongdae. Minseok leaned forward and the feeling of bare skin on skin had Minseok running hot, he moved to bite the boy’s collar bone before running his tongue over the same spot skillfully.

“,” Jongdae moaned as he threw his head back, “how the hell did you suddenly get so skilled?”

The elder shrugged and lay his forehead on Jongdae’s chest, “I’ve always been skilled … but I missed you.” Jongdae could hear the longing in the elder’s cute voice. He took Minseok’s chin and lifted his face to look into his glossy eyes.

“I love you,” he smiled softly before bending forward and pressing his lips to Minseoks’ once again.

This time the kiss was slow and languid, no longer hurried and desperate, yet with the same amount of passion.

‘Jongdae?” Minseok murmured against his lips

“mm?”

“I want you.”

Those three words caused Jongdae to freeze, which didn’t faze Minseok as he continued to press kisses along Jongdae’s jaw and began to nibble on his ear.

“I want you,” he repeated into his ear as he felt Jongdae shiver under him.

“W-wait,” Jongdae struggled to push Minseok off him and sit up. “Minseok, do you realize what you’re saying?” he breathed, unsure what to do.

The beta looked into Jongdae eyes before nodding, “I’m sure, I want you.”

“But that means-,” Jongdae tried to say

“It’s okay,” Minseok insisted, “I need too, I want too. I mean, if you’ll have me that is….” And suddenly Minseok wasn’t all too sure.  “D-do you-?”

Before he could finish his sentence Jongdae pressed his lips to Minseoks, “of course I do. I’ve wanted you for so long, that hasn’t changed.” He could see Minseok’s face lift in relief before the boy launched himself at a surprised Jongdae, kissing him long and hard.  His hands hurriedly ran from his neck, to his chest, down to his stomach until the played dangerously low at Jongdae’s waistline.

Jongdae felt his arms sneak a hold of Minseok’s waist, wanting him so bad, but his mind took over and he found himself pushing Minseok back once again. “M-Min, stop. Are you sure this isn’t the alcohol talking here, I don’t want you regretting anything. I can wait, I’ll wait until you’re completely ready.”

But the older beta shook his head strongly. “I’m ready now!” Minseok insisted. He had practically cried the alcohol out of his system. He may still be emotional, but he finally understood what he wanted. Besides, he could never regret Jongdae.

“Are you??” Jongdae questioned. “You realize what will happen the moment you become my mate, don’t you?” The news will spread, everyone will know, everyone will talk. He’ll be scorned.

“I don’t care anymore!” Minseok cried. “All I know is that I’m tired Jongdae, I’m tired of running and I’m tired of denying what I want. You told me to follow my heart. And my heart is saying that I want you, I want you so bad.” Minseok said this as he sat on Jongdae who lay down staring up at the boy. His eyes were strong, determined, a familiar look that Jongdae hadn’t seen in a while. “Please Jongdae,” Minseok finished off with a whisper. “Be mine.”

Jongdae lifted a hand to Minseok’s face and softly caressed his cheek. “You’re sure?” he asked for final confirmation and Minseok gave him a strong nod in return.

“You’ll be stuck with me forever you know?” Jongdae responded, carefully propping himself up on his elbow.

“I think I’ll be okay,” Minseok replied, leaning his face into Jongdae’s hand which had cupped his cheek gently.

“You’ll never be able to leave me, even if you get angry. No second thoughts.” He warned. Minseok only smiled and lifted his hands to rest on Jongdae’s chest.

“I’ll manage.”

Finally, Jongdae grinned and leaned forward so that his lips were centimetres from Minseok’s, “then I’m yours.”

 

*********************************************