The Soccer game

Please Don't Go

 

 

Sehun, Tao, Kris, Suho, Chanyeol, Jongdae, Taemin and even Kai all sat around the TV taking turns playing. Minseok, Kyungsoo, Luhan and especially Baekhyun all hung back, watching as they played together. It wasn’t that they were angry, it was more like they were each keeping an eye on each male in the room.

However, there was just one time where Kris, Suho and Taemin went to Kris’ room to discuss some things, but no one thought much of it. But that was during the evening and by the time they finished it was close to midnight and everyone decided to go to bed. Except for Jongdae and Taemin who immediately headed back to Taemin’s guest room. Minseok’s eye twitched but he ignored it, Jongdae could do what he wanted.

Back in Kyungsoo’s room, as he held open a book, the elder’s eyes were elsewhere. He was watching as Kai sat on the closed toilet seat brushing his teeth-having left the door open.

Noticing a pair of eyes on him, Kai turned his head and looked at Kyungsoo with a questioning look. Kyungsoo’s lip twitched, he wanted to smile at how cute the young alpha looked at the moment; but he decided against it as he had another thought burning in his mind.

“So,” the omega started off, “You seem to be getting along with Taemin pretty well.” Trying to control the interest in his voice. The alpha looked a bit surprised at the comment but shrugged as a reply. He spit into the sink before limping over to his bed.

“He’s alright, I guess.” Kai answered, stretching out on his bed and began in message his legs, as Yixing had instructed him.

Kyungsoo wasn’t sure what came over him, usually he’d watch Kai message his legs and nothing more, simply liking the way the tough boy actually did what he was told earnestly –like a child almost. However, this timer, with the small feelings of jealousy that he usually chose to push away, Kyungsoo carefully maneuvered himself over to Kai’s bed and plopped himself on the edge.

Again, Kai looked at the elder with curios eyes, “Wha-“ he was about to instruct the omega to go back to his bed, it wasn’t good to move around like that when he still had one more day of being in the wheelchair. However, when Kyungso’s hands pushed Kai’s hands away and started to press on his legs instead, Kai found the words die in his throat.

“You know you at giving proper messgaes,” Kyungsoo told him, the realization of what he had just done took over but he tried his best to stay cool.

Kai gathered himself and scoffed, “sorry I’ve never studied proper medicine before.” Kyungsoo gave the boy a look and pressed a bit harder on the spots on either side of Kai’s knee. The boy gave a yelp and glared at the look of satisfaction that was plastered on Kyungsoo’s face.

After that they were silent. Kyungsoo aware that Kai was staring exceptionally hard at Kyungsoo’s face, while the omega stared exceptionally hard at his hands as he continued to message the younger’s legs. He wanted to ask Kai more about what he thought about Taemin, but he couldn’t seem to get the words out anymore, the moment for that had passed, now it would just be suspicious and weird. So Kyungsoo tried to concentrate at the task at hand. Unfortunately being so close to someone he felt strong attraction too, wasn’t easy.

“Soo,” Kai chuckled lightly, “either you’re actually really weak and have been hiding it with your ability to find weak spots, or you at messages too because I don’t feel a thing right now.” Kyungsoo snapped his face up and gaped at the younger but it quickly turned into a glare at the Youngers teasing face, “Are you asking to get hit? Because I will hit you Jongin.”

Kai shrugged and lay back with his hands behind his head, “I said nothing but the truth.”

Kyungsoo growled and proceeded to press harder, “Happy?” he asked in a mocking tone. He turned to growling when Kai smirked at him,”very.” He replied cheekily.

Eventually, after Kyungsoo had pressed to hard too many times, Kai said it was enough, thanked him and kicked the elder off his bed. Kyungsoo was now sitting on his own bed reading his book while Kai had very quickly fallen asleep, apparently Kyungsoo’s message had relaxed im enough for him to fall asleep quite easily.

It was only when Kyungsoo heard a knock on his door and Minseok come in, did he notice what time it was. But then the omega noticed that Minseok’s usual shining face looked haggard and his eyes troubled. “Hyung?” Kyungsoo called out cautiously. Kyungsoo oserved the elders eyes, they clearly showed something was troubling him but it was also clear that he didn’t want to be asked. In this case Kyungsoo knew better then to ask if he was feeling okay so he simpy asked if Minseok wanted to talk about it. He got the answer he knew he would receive when the elder shook his head.

“Just… I just need something to distract me.”

Something to distract huh? That was something Kyungsoo could do. He wasn’t that much of a comforter, but when the others needed a listening ear, he was there. He had also gotten skilled at distracting them from other things. Typically, if someone came to him this upset he would get them to draw on Luhan’s face because the elders face when angry was always fun. However, Luhan wasn’t here –Kyungsoo glanced at the younger sleeping boy on the next bed.

Immediately Kyungsoo grinned and nodded, he reached over to his bedside table. “Well, Luhan isn’t here," he smiled, holding out a marker to Minseok. “Buuuuut, we have the next best canvas.” He said as he glaned over to Kai so that Minseok would catch on to what he meant.

The omega was glad to hear Minseok laugh lightly and, with the shake his head, grabbed the pen from Kyungsoo’s outstretched hand, “You’re evil, and I’m pretty sure well be dead when he wakes up.”

“Oh don’t worry, “Kyungsoo assured him with a wink, “You’ll be safe with me.” He’d like to see Kai even try to kill either of them. “Now,” Kyungsoo grinned as evil thoughts ran though his mind. “I think Jongin would look great with a mustache.” He concluded, pulling the lid off his pen. 

 

 

The next morning everyone was down for breakfast, expect for the two couples who always took their sweet time as well as Kai who always slept in. There seemed to be a bit more tension then usual at the table and Kyungsoo wasn’t able to pin-point it. He had to guess that it might have to do something with Minseok considering the elders late night visit. But it seemed that that the elder was actually glancing nervously between the staircase and Kyungsoo. Well, at least Kyungsoo actually got him distracted. However, he then noticed that Taemin was whining.

“Yah, Jongdae! What the hell is wrong with your face?” the other beta asked, poking the others cheek.

Jongdae swatted his hand away, “what the hell do you mean what’s wrong with my face? My face is ing fine, what’s wrong with yours?” he voice making it evident that he wasn’t in a particularly good mood.

The beta scoffed, “well my face is ing fantastic, if you haven’t noticed.”

“I haven’t.” he ignored the others scandalous face.

Chanyeol laughed and pated Taemin’s back, “Don’t worry, I think your face is fantastic.”

Taemin looked at Chanyeol with a pout, “ing fantastic?” He asked hopefully.

The tall alpha laughed, “Sure.”

Noticing that the idiot alpha’s answer would ignite the small beta next to him, Kyungsoo gripped onto his arm. “Don’t you ing do anything.” He ordered under his breath. Baekhyun snatched his arm back, “I wasn’t gonna do anything.” He answered in a rushed whisper. But his red face gave him away, making Kyungsoo scoff.

Before Baekhyun could retort there was a sudden loud bang, some stomps and suddenly they could all hear Kai’s voice as it shook the house, “KYUNGSOO YOU , WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO MY FACE.”

Minseok couldn’t help the little squeak that escaped as he clung to the younger omega, but he also couldn’t help a small smile tug at his lips. At the same time he was trying to avoid looking in the direction of the boys who sat across from him.

ON the other hand, Kyungsoo had a full of smirk as he calmly continued his food. Though he did wonder how Kai automatically assumed that he had done it and not any other of the mischievous boys under the same roof.

“YOU LITTLE . YOU’RE DEAD, YOU HEAR ME!” Kyungsoo never knew that the younger could scream so loud, he was impressed.

The rest of the boys at the table all stared at the small omega in confusion, wondering what exactly he had done to cause the alpha to scream bloody murder like that.

Kyungsoo glanced over to Luhan, who had the same look of confusion, but when he met the eyes of the younger omega he saw an awfully familiar glint and immediately pieced everything together.

“Oh, you ing didn’t.” Luhan laughed in disbelief. Kyungsoo continued on happily for Kai didn’t come out of the room for another two hours, face beet red from anger… and scrubbing.

 

By noon, Taemin suggested that he wanted to play soccer with the others, taunting them to show their ‘skills’. The evident flirting tone was only obvious to a few. Without a second thought, Baekhyun jumped up and declared he would be a captain himself.

So now it was Taemin, Jongdae, Suho, Tao, and Luhan on one team. While, Baekhyun’s team was Minseok, Chanyeol, Sehun, and Kris. Yixing insisted that he just wanted to watch and that he would take care of any injuries he was sure would appear sooner or later. Kai and Kyungsoo were too injured to play and because Kai was obviously unhappy since that morning (he had begun yelling at Kyungsoo the moment he came down but when he saw the pure amusement and joy that the omega’s face radiated, his argument died and he just grumbled as he was served his food), Taemin suggested that the alpha become the referee, the thought of becoming a person of authority gave kai –as would any alpha- such joy that he clapped Taemin in the back in thanks. Kyungsoo would be lying if he said he didn’t send death glares in their direction. Kyungsoo and Yixing sat on the side and watched on as Kai explained that he would take absolutely no bull from anyone –specifically giving an extra-long look at Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Jongdae and even Taemin (who winked in return).

With that their game began.

 

“Chanyeol! Chanyeol god dammit get your long legs untangled you big oaf! You were so ing close!! UGH” Baekhyun screeched from the net, throwing his hands up in the air.

Currently Suho was laughing a bit too evilly as he passed the stolen ball over to Luhan before high-fiving a proud looking Taemin- who stood in front of the net. “Hell yeah!” Taemin cried out. Yixing laughed seeing his mate act so silly. Luhan laughed happily as well and continued on, dribbling past Kris and Minseok, coming up to Sehun who stood with a smirk.

The older omega’s competitive side began to surface as he glared at the young alpha. “Not gonna happen Lu,” Sehun told him right before Luhan attempted to get past him. Luhan tsk’ed when he realized that Sehun was right. So glanced over to his side and saw Tao was free just a little bit behind him.

“Tao!” Luhan called right before he passed the ball backwards. Sehun, having noticed Luhan’s glance earlier, stretched his leg out just in time and was able to tip the ball, thus, changing its directory towards Kris’ direction instead.

Luhan’s jaw dropped as he watched Kris take the ball and run in the opposite direction. “Sehun!” he shrieked in annoyance. The alpha shrugged, “Sorry Lu, but I told you.”

Kris wasn’t much of a soccer player so when he got the ball instead of his lover he wasn’t that ecstatic. He was able to get a few paces towards the other sides net when Tao suddenly appeared before him. “Ha! Got you! I’m gonna take that~!” the young beta announced, a large smile on his face. The Alpha was more than happy to give up the ball without a fight, too caught up on the extremely cute face his mate had on. He didn’t bother looking behind him and rolled his eyes when he heard Baekhyun scream curses at him.

“Baekhyun! I know you like swearing but would you tone it down?” Kai called out.

In return, Baekhyun snarled and flipped him off. “Make me you er!” the beta yelled back.

Kai growled in irritation, “fine,” he muttered before he blew his whistle. “Foul for Unsporting behaviour,” he announced, completely satisfied when he saw Baekhyun’s face.

“Y-You !” the short beta shrieked. “Giant! Make him take it back!” he ordered Chanyeol.

The tall alpha laughed and shrugged his shoulders, “not much I can do Baek. Kai’s the referee and you kinda didn’t listen to him.”

This time Taemin came up to them as they argued, “oh just let him off just this once,” Taemin laughed, placing his hand on Kai’s shoulder, “It’s a game, and it’s more fun when I see baekkie here all riled up.” The sassy beta growled some more.

“I don’t need your sympathy!” the beta cried. Taemin just shrugged with an amused look, “Alright, then would you rather keep your foul?”

Baekhyun froze for a couple seconds before muttering many curses under his breath and shaking his head. “There we go,” Taemin cooed, “Now Kai, be dear and take away their penalty.”

However the alpha never had the intent of taking away the penalty and looked at Taemin in disagreement. “Come on~” the beta sang as he slung an arm around Kai’s shoulder and batted his eyelashes at him a bit over exaggeratedly.

The alpha looked at the other for a couple seconds before breaking into a small smile, “ it, fine. I’ll take it back.”

 

“Soo,” Yixing chuckled from the sidelines. Kyungsoo tore his eyes away from the two figures and looked at the elder. “You look like you’re going to blow,” he stated nonchalantly, “just so you know.”

The omega then noticed his clenched fists and immediately let them unfurl, a light pink dusting his cheeks.

 

The game continued on but as it did there seemed to be two individuals who were becoming more aggressive than Baekhyun.

“Kai! God dammit Kai did you not just see Minseok trip me??” Jongdae cried.

Kai looked back at the boy on the ground and then to the elder who stood a bit away with a smirk, and shrugged. “Nope,” he replied, turning back to the others. Jongdae growled and pulled himself up.

 

“Ha! Take that!” Jongdae screamed in victory as he high fived both Tao and Luhan and stuck his tongue out at the other team –prominently towards Minseok direction.

“Goal for Taemin’s team,” Kai announced. They had to pause the game for a moment considering how it was the first goal to be scored and Taemin’s team felt the need to have a team celebration which involved dog-piling Jongdae.

Baekhyun groaned, “I ing swear, one of you better destroy those s.”

Minseok didn’t need to be told twice.

 

“Yes!! Minnie-Hyung!!” Baekhyun screamed as he ran and pounced on the elder. “ yeah! You losers!!”

“Baekhyun shut it or I’ll give you back that penalty.” Kai groaned.

Their little banter had everyone laughing, but now the score was tied and amidst the laughter and fun, two beta’s stood glaring at each other from across the field; determined to crush the other. The feelings of heartache and guilt were buried deep, now anger seemed to reign.

 

After taking a short water break from the last goal, the game began again. Kyungsoo watched in amusement as Minseok and Jongdae seemed to take over the field. They ignored everyone else’s presence and concentrated only on the other –as if playing one-on-one. The omega could practically see the curse words and arguments zapping back and forth between the two just by looking at their faces. It was clear something was up with the both of them but Kyungsoo continued to watch as they played. Many emotions crossed their faces when the ball was stolen and they thought the attention was no longer on them, but Kyungsoo was an observer and he noticed everything. Sometimes he noticed hurt, guilt, sadness, even longing but of course what he saw the most, was frustration.

He wasn’t the only one. While everyone thought that the two beta’s were just very competitive being roommates and all, there was one more beta among them who noticed that it ran much deeper than that. The male grinned, it was time for the next phase of his plan.