into the city (1)

Please Don't Go

The drive wasn’t that long, Kai was amazed as he looked out the window. Occasionally he would see one of the boys run alongside the car, obviously in their wolf form. He also got teased a bit by Kyungsoo for holding onto his seat tightly when Suho drove rather roughly over a bump, he turned his head to hide the blush that dusted his cheeks. By the time they finally arrived to a clearing, Kai knew that the other boys had already arrived even if they weren’t in sight. They were still in wolf form and lurking behind the trees that surrounded them. When Suho pulled up close, Yixing immediately climbed out, grabbing a sports bag from the trunk before running into the trees. Kai assumed that it was probably full of the boy’s clothes for them to change into after they returned to their human form. 

The boys chatted happily as Kris attempted to remind them of the rules, but they were getting impatient.

“Okay, we know! Bye!” Baekhyun yelled, grabbing Chanyeol’s arm and running off. Although it was about a 30 minute walk to reach the outskirts of the city, it was nothing to the wolves. The tall alpha never got a word in, simply giving a quick wave before he was pulled away. After they left, Taemin, Jongdae, Sehun and Kai left together too.

“Ah, Luhan, Kyungsoo,” Kris called out to the omega’s just when they were about to leave with Minseok. “I’d feel better if you guys had an alpha with you,” their leader told them.

Luhan frowned, “but we’re in the city,” he stated. I made sense to have an back in the forest but they were surrounded by humans now; there was no need for protection.

Knowing this, Kyungsoo waved off The Alpha. “We’ll be fine, the others alpha’s have already left anyway. Besides, “the omega gestured to Minseok, “We have Minseok hyung with us anyway. That’s good enough.”

“But-“ Kris never got to finish his sentence, the three boys had already run off –yelling out to Suho and Yixing that they would meet them at the supermarket in an hour. Shortly after, Suho and Yixing left with the car after a quick bye to Kris and Tao. The Alpha groaned, “They never ing listen!” He whined childishly.

Tao laughed, and kissed his lovers lips lightly, he honestly loved it when the cool and tough Alpha acted like he would throw a tantrum. “Don’t worry about them, they’ll be fine!” Tao reassured him, when it looked like Kris would argue, Tao tugged on his hand. “No! You promised me a date!” he reminded him and they were off as well.

___________________________

“So you usually eat and just walk around when you’re here?” Kai asked Sehun as the two searched for someplace to eat for the third time, excluding the two café’s they visited as well. Not that minded, there were so many things he was trying for the first time; having never had money to actually buy food before, he was now able to try it all.

The two boys had ditched Taemin and Jongdae earlier when the boys walked into a magic and prank speciality shop. Both alpha’s wanted no part in their future pranks. The younger alpha shrugged and perched his sunglasses on his head, “Sometimes I buy things.”

“Like what?” Kai asked with an amused smirk, “You’re 50th pair of sunglasses?” The younger had a collection as Kai recalled.

The younger alpha rolled his eyes, “ you.”

“I’d rather not.” Kai scoffed with a small grin.

Sehun groaned, “You know, I think I liked you better when you weren’t such a prick.”

“So you admit that you did like me?”

“ing hell,” Sehun muttered. “Get inside the ing restaurant, you bastard, before I kill you.”

Kai seemed to be learning from Jongdae.

____________________________

“Giant! We haven’t gone there yet!” Baekhyun called, running up to yet another store that caught his attention. Chanyeol stumbled after the elder; shopping bag after shopping bag in his arms –most of which belonged to Baekhyun.

“Calm down Baek,” Chanyeol laughed. “We haven’t been to a lot of stores.”

The beta only pointed at the display window in excitement, “But they have a whole new collection!!”

“You sure like clothes don’t you?” the alpha shook his head in amusement.

“Well obviously, every time Kris drags me to do pack work I need to look amazing,” Baekhyun exclaimed, grinning happily as he remembered that one time he wore those silver sequined joggers and successfully caught every good looking Beta and Alpha’s attention. Some other beta’s were giving him the stink eye, because who else could look that amazing in sequined joggers? “The more people I get to fall for my perfectness, the more comfortable the trip is, it’s not like I have anything else better to do.” That trip had been a good one, just one snap of him fingers and he would receive a glass of juice in his hand. Kris had thrown away those pants later though –pity.

“How about maybe the business work you’re supposed to be doing?” Baekhyun could hear Chanyeol’s sarcastic tone.

Baekhyun gave him a look, “Like I said, nothing else better to do.” He looked back at the window and his eyes zeroed in on a pair of ripped jeans– , those things would make his thighs look good.

“Well how come you never do that when I come along?” Now that Chanyeol thought about it, Baekhyun would always ignore anyone’s invitation whenever they were visiting other packs.

The beta could feel his cheeks heat up but he ignored them as he turned to look at Chanyeol, “Because your there, duh.” Then he turned around before Chanyeol got a chance to reply and walked towards the store entrance. He honestly shouldn’t act so shy about his answer, it was true –Chanyeol was like his slave.

Just as the beta blindly spun around, he hadn’t noticed a group of men coming out of the store and smacked right into them.  “What the ,” two arms were about to push away the smaller boy but held on once the guy got a good look at the beta’s face. “oh- well careful there cutie.” The guy laughed, his arm moving and sneaking around Baekhyun’s waist. “Wouldn’t want you to hurt that cute body of yours.” The suggestive tone more than evident. Baekhyun frowned as he noted that this guy’s looks were average at most and he reeked of cigarette smoke. Ugh. Meanwhile, Chanyeol’s jaw had dropped at their bluntness.

Baekhyun glanced up at the guy, who gave him a wink, then down at the hand at his waist and made a disgusted sound. He smacked the hand away and rolled his eyes, “yea, whatever, thanks.” Baekhyun knew creeps when he saw them, and these guys were serious creeps.

Just my luck.

The guy elbowed his friend and they all began laughing, “Feisty little thing, that’s hot. Bet you’re pretty feisty in other situations too.” Another guy commented, raising his eyebrows in a suggestive manner to match his tone.

Chanyeol felt his blood boil hearing these guy talk about Baekhyun like that. Who the hell did they think they were?

Baekhyun’s eyes narrowed, and he fought off the urge to gag. He took a deep breath, trying to behave because, although he loved not listening to Kris, a fight was something that would actually anger his Alpha.

So the beta turned around and took a step forward. “Giant, let’s go,” he ordered Chanyeol, trying to calm his building anger.

Immediately, Chanyeol rushed after Baekhyun but froze when he saw the guy from before grabbing Baekhyun’s wrist. “Why don’t you hang out with us~? You seem like you could use some real fun.” His other friends laughed behind him.

Baekhyun was giving the guy a death glare now, one that Chanyeol recognized well. Oh boy. “Hey,” Chanyeol finally cut in and grabbed Baekhyun’s hand, pulling the beta away from him. “Thanks, but no thanks. We’re busy.”

“Hey- I believe I was asking the little cutie here,” the other guy snarled, angry that his little flirting period was ruined, and stepped closer.

Chanyeol wanted to shake his head and sigh, these idiot humans had no idea who they were dealing with. Before Baekhyun could open his mouth, Chanyeol tugged the boys arm in warning. “And I don’t care. He’s here with me and we’re leaving.” With that, Chanyeol spun around and dragged the small beta away.

Once they were far enough, Chanyeol stopped walking and Baekhyun finally let out a growl. “Stupid bastard thinks he can hit me up. Who the hell do they think they are to try and hit on Byun Baekhyun?” Baekhyun muttered angrily.

“Baek,” Chanyeol sighed, they were still in public, last thing they needed was to make a scene.

“I’m wayyyy outta that ing dickwad’s league. Like outta the ing ball park!” the beta continued, gradually getting louder. At that moment he felt someone squeeze his hand and his gaze went straight to his hand. He realized that Chanyeol was still holding it and the beta began to smile, previous anger dissipating. Holding Chanyeol’s hand was always comforting to Baekhyun. The alpha’s large hand would look like they were engulfing Baekhyun’s much smaller dainty hands; it was always warm and gave Baekhyun a feeling of… security.

But then Chanyeol let go and Baekhyun’s face fell.

“Maybe we should go get something to eat? Hm?” Chanyeol suggested, giving Baekhyun his regular goofy grin. It was that stupid grin that, no matter how angry or annoyed Baekhyun was, he couldn’t help but smile back. Ignoring the small strings pulling at his heart, Baekhyun sighed and smiled at the alpha.

“You’re lucky I’m pretty hungry you bastard.” The beta rolled his eyes.

“I’m also lucky that they have a really good Thai restaurant around here too.”

The beta’s eyes snapped up to the taller boy, “…Thai?” Chanyeol laughed at Baekhyun expression, his eyes were wide and bright, practically sparkling at the words.

“Mm-hm,” Chanyeol nodded, happily. “Thai.”

_____________________________________

“uhhhhhhhhh,” Baekhyun groaned as he walked out the restaurant door. “ing. Delicious. They had the best Pad Thai ever.”

“I’m glad you liked it Baek,” Chanyeol laughed as he rebalanced the many shopping bags in his arms.

“How did you know about that place?” the beta then asked, finding a place like that couldn’t have been a coincidence.

The alpha looked at the elder slightly bashful. “Well I researched for the best Thai place since I know how much you love the food.”

Baekhyun couldn’t help the grin that spread across his face and his heart swelled, “You researched a place, for me? Awwwww Giant! You’re adorable.” Baekhyun threw his arms around Chanyeol in glee.

“Hey, Baek come on that’s embarrassing. I mean you’re a shor-,” He paused when he saw Baekhyun look up at his with a glare.

“Finish that sentence Park Chanyeol, I dare you.”

The alpha laughed nervously and shook his head, “Ah- No Beak, I was gonna say Shortia! You’re a Shortia!”

Shortia?” Baekhyun looked at him in confusion as he pulled back slightly, “What the is a Shortia?”

“Ah- w-well,” Chanyeol coughed, “They’re flowers, and they’re rare! L-like really rare. You know, hard to find… and uh they’re also really pretty and stand out! J-Just like you… I’m not lying!!” he yelled in response to Baekhyun’s sceptical expression.

“So what are you trying to say Yeol?” Baekhyun smiled in a teasing manner, his arms still around the younger. He already guessed what Chanyeol was trying to explain but he wanted to hear it from the alpha’s own mouth.

Baekhyun looked up at him expectantly. “W-well,” the alpha chuckled timidly.

“CHANYEOL!!” A voice yelled out, interrupting the two.

“Jongdae! Taemin!” Chanyeol yelled, breaking off from Baekhyun’s hold and running too the other boys. Baekhyun stood frozen in his place, fists clenched and blood boiling. “Of all ing times to come and interrupt us, these stupid pieces of had to ing pick now,” the beta was muttering under his breath quite violently.

“Baek!” Chanyeol called back to the elder, motioning for the beta to come. Baekhyun gave a tight smile, and made his way over.

“What are you guys doing here?” Baekhyun tried his best to sound curious, and not incredibly irritated like he really way.

“We were in this prank shop!” Jongdae exclaimed, “They have the coolest .”

Taemin nodded, “We went to the old one but the owner knew how experienced we were. He told us about this new shop here that’s more suited for us. But I’m having a hard time picking between these two kits, you think you could help me out Yeol?”

Baekhyun’s jaw dropped, Yeol?! Before Baekhyun got a chance to bluntly refuse, especially since it was a day that he got to spend with Chanyeol alone. Chanyeol was already bouncing in his spot. “Hell yeah!” he bellowed, effectively stunning Baekhyun.  This time the beta couldn’t hold in his shock, “What?! Chanyeol!! You promised we’d go to the new shop that opened,” he cried.

“Come on Baek! It’ll be fun! Besides, we can just go to the shop after.” Chanyeol explained.

“B-but they close early today!” the beta continued to cry. He was feeling desperate at this point.

“Then why don’t you go on ahead Baekkie?” Taemin asked, and Baekhyun almost growled for the other to shut the up as he heard his sickly sweet tone suggest it. “Yeollie can meet you there after he’s done here,” the words ‘with me’ were unheard but Baekhyun knew it was implied.

Chanyeol nodded his head excitedly, “I’ll hold your stuff too okay!” Baekhyun looked at his taller friend in disbelief. “It’s just for a while Baek,” he added, noticing the elders face. “We’re always going to places that you want, just let me go by myself for a bit okay?”

The beta felt his heart get heavy, “but you promised…” His words less forceful now, a hint of betrayal lacing his voice which no one seemed to catch. The promise which he spoke of ran deeper then what Chanyeol was thinking of.

“Come on,” Jongdae butted in snorting. “Chanyeol has been your pack mule whenever we go into the city, since like, forever!”

“It- It’s not-,” Chanyeol tried to say, but was cut off by Jongdae.

“You can survive without him for a bit.”

His heart became heavy as the words rang true –that’s all Chanyeol ever was when they went on trips, someone to carry all his stuff. Baekhyun tried to fight off the squeezing he felt inside and put on an impassive façade, “Fine, you’re right. Go have fun then, I free you of your duties.” The beta replied with a wave of his hand, not allowing any of the shakiness he felt to seep into his voice.

“Great!” Taemin squealed, grabbing Chanyeol’s arm and began pulling him away, the alpha didn’t fight back, opting to quickly look back at Baekhyun and shout a quick, “Thanks! I’ll see you later Baek!” before disappearing with the other two betas.

Leaving Baekhyun alone on the side walk.

________________________

Baekhyun didn’t go to the shop, he didn’t feel like it anymore. He realized there was just no fun unless he had someone with him… unless he had Chanyeol with him. Honestly he was feeling really terrible at the moment, Baekhyun had always believed that Chanyeol would always stay by his side and protect him… like he had promised all that time ago; now to have that same person ask to be left alone shattered the beta’s little heart –even though he knew it wasn’t meant to be taken that way. Baekhyun also knew that he, himself, wasn’t always that fair, that maybe he shouldn’t take advantage of Chanyeol like that, but that was just how he was, Chanyeol knew that. And if Chanyeol insisted on going somewhere then Baekhyun would always let him –after some begging of course. Chanyeol was very important to Baekhyun, without him the beta wasn’t sure where he would be today. But it seemed like it was a one sided feelings. Of course it as, it wasn’t like Chanyeol had his life change completely once he met Baekhyun, it was more like he got stuck into a life of eternal slavery.

Baekhyun wandered down the streets, unsure where he was going but he didn’t mind. He continued to walk. While he walked he noticed sign with bright letters –a bar. Baekhyun had never been to a bar before simply because both Chanyeol and Kris had not allowed him, for various reasons. Apparently he got a bit promiscuous, and he would always lose all his strength. At least that’s what he’d been told. Well, none of them were here now, now were they? And it wasn’t like Baekhyun would get drunk, he would just get one drink, just experience what the inside of a bar was like. He continued to convince himself.

Before a second thought could go through his mind, Baekhyun crossed the street and opened the door.

_________________________________

Baekhyun smiled prettily at the bar tender, slowly sipping his Martini; his fourth drink since he had a Bellini, a Cosmo and a tequila shot beforehand. So far he had managed to get the bar tender to give him free drinks, he had laughed and called Baekhyun a vixen as he handed the beta his latest drink. It was probably because Baekhyun was maybe a bit tipsy that he smirked and gave the worker a playful wink in return.

The bar was pretty interesting, mostly people just sitting around drinking and talking,  couple of TV’s showing sports games, or people like Baekhyun, alone and drinking their problems away.

I wasn’t until a worker placed a cocktail in front of Baekhyun and informed him that the table in the left corner sent it, did the boy realize that he might look like he was waiting to get picked up. However, still flattered, Baekhyun looked back at the table.

The men at the table were waiting for Baekhyun to look in their direction, so when Baekhyun saw their faces, his smile dropped off his face. He knew them, but that wasn’t a good thing. They were the dickwad’s from before, laughing and giving Baekhyun a wink when they noticed that beta looking at them. Suddenly feeling his old anger return, it mixed in with the alcohol running in him as well as the surge of anger he was feeling now. How dare they even try a second time! Taking a swing to finish off his martini, the beta clenched his fists and grabbed the cocktail before marching up to their table without a second thought.

“Hey there cutie, didn’t expect to see you here,” the guy who had grabbed his wrist from before –their leader- smirked. “And alone too. Guess you really did need more fun.” His friends laughed.

Baekhyun slammed the drink on their table and gave them a glare, “. off.”

The boys at the table ooh’d at Baekhyun’s boldness, but they obviously did not take him seriously. Their leader stood up and leaned against the table with a smirk, “I don’t think you really want us to off,” he said, bending closer to Baekhyun’s face with a glint in his eye that had Baekhyun reeling back. “You came all the way over to us to just tell us that? I don’t think so.” He swung his arm around Baekhyun’s shoulders and grinned, the rest of his friends got up as well.

Baekhyun felt a rush of panic, his head was pounding from the drinks. He was drunk and he didn’t have enough strength to push the guy off of him.

“Now why don’t we have fun?”

___________________________

“Oh relax Chanyeol, Baekhyun probably saw another shop he liked and went to go check it out.” Jongdae explained, they were in the prank shop for much longer then Chanyeol had thought and when he went to find Baekhyun, the beta was nowhere to be found.

“Jongdae’s right,” Taemin told him with a roll of his eyes. “It’s almost time to meet up with everyone so maybe he went ahead to find Kris.”

Chanyeol nodded, the anxiety he felt subsiding. They were right, Baekhyun probably went to another one of his stores or went to bug Kris and Tao. Plus, he knew how strong Baekhyun was, he didn’t need to worry.

________________________

“What the hell? Why’s Kris pacing like that?” Taemin asked as the three of them walked towards Kris who was pacing back and forth, his eye brows furrowed, and Tao who looked at his mate in worry.

At the sound of their voices Kris’ head shot up and glared at the three. “Did you see anyone else?” was the first thing he said.

The three boys looked at the Alpha in confusion, having no idea what he meant.

Tao sighed and placed a hand on Kris’ arm to calm his lover down. “Sorry guys, Kris has been feeling really anxious since a few minutes ago and he doesn’t know why.”

“I feel like somethings just wrong,” Kris sighed. “I sent Suho and Yixing to bring back whoever they could find.” Kris lifted his head and looked at Taemin. “Has you’re Alpha experienced this before?” he asked seriously. Although their pack was strong and close, he was still a much newer pack leader and hadn’t learned everything there was to know about being The Alpha. No one taught him.

Taemin thought about it and then nodded, “yeah, I think so, Yunho hyung went crazy this one time and we had no idea why until we found out that Jinki hyung fell out of a tree. Same thing happened when one of our younger omega’s got lost in the woods. Have you not experienced it before?”

“I don’t know,” Kris shook his head, “maybe?”

“Well it usually only happens when they are out of your sight and reach. Being their Alpha, you can sense their panic and their wolf will call out to yours.” This was all news to Kris.

Tao looked at Kris softly and rubbed his arms, “did you sense anything when Kyungsoo got hurt a while ago?”

Kris seemed to think about it for a few seconds, “I remember… that I had trouble staying put so I went out for a run… I honestly thought it was because of Key’s cooking.”

Taemin snickered, he could understand that. “Well it wasn’t, you were feeling you’re omega cry out for you, and if he had a mate then he’d cry out for his mate as well.”

Just then Sehun, Kai, Minseok, Suho and Yixing showed up, looking a bit wary as they sensed the serious atmosphere. “What’s wrong?” Minseok asked hesitantly.

“We think someone might be in trouble,” Tao replied and glanced back at Kris who was looking over his pack with a hard face. That’s when he noticed.

“Luhan, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun?” His voice stiff. Silence fell over the group as they looked around. “Where the are they?” The Alpha turned to Minseok.  “I thought you were with my omegas!!” Kris exclaimed.

Minseok looked shocked as he tried to find words to say, but Kris didn’t give him a chance before he turned to Chanyeol. “And where the hell is Baekhyun??”

Dread filled Chanyeol as he took in the situation. Where was Baekhyun?

Kris was furious, the feeling of anxiety was filling him and by now he KNEW that one of s was in trouble. He was about to run and find them himself but Taemin got the others to hold him back, letting a protective Alpha loose was not safe. Kris growled but realized that Taemin as unfortunately right. Instead, he barked at Kai and Sehun to go find his omega’s since the both of them knew the omega’s scents the best, but they didn’t need to be told twice. Their senses heighted at the prospect of either Luhan or Kyungsoo being in trouble –again. Both took off running at top speed. 

All Kris needed to do was glare at Chanyeol and the last alpha went running, the danger was sinking in.  If Baekhyun was hurt… it would be Chanyeol’s fault.

Kris sent the others to just go search.

Then The Alpha leaned his head on Tao’s shoulder, praying that the feeling wouldn’t last long.

_________

Chanyeol ran and ran, frantically searching for any trace of Baekhyun’s scent. His pulse was racing and his heart felt heavy. He looked like a mess but he didn’t care. He should’ve known better! If he’d only stayed with Baekhyun and not let the beta go off by himself. The alpha cursed, he was such an idiot. He pushed harder, frustration building within him. In the middle of his frantic ranting thoughts, a familiar scent suddenly crossed his nose and he froze, not caring about the people grumbling at him to move out of their way. His eyes widened as he took off running again, following the scent until he reached the entrance of a bar. His heart dropped as he noticed that the scent went into the bar. Was Baekhyun drunk? Before he could go in, he caught another whiff, and this time is was disguised –mixed in with other scents. Scents that were oddly familiar, but he couldn’t place his finger on it.

It didn’t matter, he ran again, following the scent as best he could before he heard shouts coming from nearby, the alpha raced as fast as his legs could push him.

He reached an alley way where the scents were all familiar. He stopped when he saw Yixing and Suho, standing over unconscious bodies –rare anger radiating off of them. Taking a closer look Chanyeol finally realized that he did in fact recognize the other scents from the bar. They belonged to the jackasses that were bothering Baekhyun before. The same boys who were now on the ground. He felt satisfaction before Suho suddenly turned to him with a glare, “You were late.” That’s when the alpha suddenly heard a sob and his eyes instantly went to a corner.

He took a sharp breath when he saw that Minseok had his arm around Baekhyun. The beta was sobbing, shaking his head and gasping for breath. Chanyeol felt his heart shatter and his throat suddenly get tight.

“Baekhyun,” Chanyeol managed to croak out, tears suddenly welling up in his eyes as he saw tears continue to run down the beta’s face.

Baekhyun’s face snapped up and his eyes widened as he looked at Chanyeol. There was a flicker of emotion in his eyes, but just when Chanyeol thought the beta would fly into his arms, Baekhyun turned away and buried his face in Minseok’s shoulders. Ignoring Chanyeol.

The alpha looked in shock, “Baek.” He tried again, taking a step forward. But the beta shook his head. His sobs getting more desperate. “Baek,” Chanyeol croaked. “Please.”

Baekhyun shakily sobbed, his face still buried in Minseok shoulder. “It-broke,” the beta tried to say between sobs.

Dread filled the alpha and his heart was pounding. “What?” the alpha softly in confusion.

The confusion only frustrated the crying beta. “You,” he cried loudly. “O-our promise,” his voice cracked at the last word before he broke into sobs again. “You broke it.”

Feeling as if a large boulder slammed into his chest, Chanyeol took a step back. His promise... Thats right, he'd mde a promise a long time ago.

"You broke our promise."

He’d broken their promise. He hadn’t protected Baekhyun.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Kris?” Tao softly called for his mate. The Alpha was laying against a tree trunk, head between his legs he lifted his head slightly to look at Tao.

“It was Baekhyun, they found him and he’s safe now.” Tao slowly explained. Looking into Kris’ eyes, he searched for any sign of peace. “Are you…?” but he let the question die. There was no sign of peace, Kris’ eyes hadn’t changed.

Kris shook his head. “The feeling,” he let out a heavy breath. “It doubled.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~