Pre-trip

Please Don't Go

They were losing but honestly Minseok didn’t seem to care too much. He watched as Jongdae laughed happily after he had scored yet another goal. Minseok could feel his heart drop at the sight. Jongdae was having fun and he seemed happy, much happier than he did when Minseok wasn’t causing him troubles. The younger beta was amazing, always laughing and making other people smile, he didn’t need someone like Minseok to complicate things for him. Minseok had only proved to take away that smile, to be a burden on him, He felt his stomach churn at the thoughts racing in his mind.

While thinking, Minseok hadn’t noticed that he had suddenly froze in the middle of the field until he heard Kyungsoo calling out his name. He looked up and saw that Yixing was jogging over to him, “you okay?” the male asked as he placed a hand on his shoulder.

“Hey, everything okay there?” Kai’s voice suddenly called, the game paused and all eyes turned to Minseok.

Minseok smiled and shook his head, “I’m just suddenly not feeling well, I’m gonna go rest inside.” He turned to look at Baekhyun, “Sorry to leave you at a disadvantage Baek,” but the younger beta just waved a dismissive hand, telling him not to worry.

“Want me to get you some medicine or something?” Yixing asked softly. But Minseok shook his head, “No, its fine. I just a bit lightheaded, I’ll go rest.”

The doctor nodded, “alright, I’ll come check on you later though okay?” Minseok nodded in thanks.

As he walked off the field Minseok glanced behind him unconsciously to see Jongdae watching him with concern. Their eyes met and held onto each other but Jongdae’s expression was unreadable. Minseok felt an undeniable sadness fill him, he wanted Jongdae to come to him, ask him if he was alright. If Jongdae said that he’d bring Minseok inside then Minseok wouldn’t deny him. Minseok just wanted him.

“Alright! Let’s continue!” Kai called out, blowing his whistle.

But Jongdae was still staring at Minseok, his own eyes asking a question as well, but Minseok never got to figure out because Temin suddenly pounced on to Jongdae back.

“Get your head in the game ChenChen!” the beta ordered.

Jongdae’s eyes broke from Minseoks as he tried to shake Taemin off his back, “ok, ok,” he laughed.

Minseok bit his lip as he felt his heart drop. He turned back towards the house. “Minseok Hyung?” Kyungsoo suddenly called out. The beta looked at the younger omega. “Wanna borrow my room?” he asked with a smile. No questions asked, just a small gesture he knew Minseok needed.

The beta sighed and smiled meekly, “thanks.”

Kyungsoo just nodded, “I’ll call you when it’s time to eat.”

 

It took another three hours before the boys were too tired to move- their wolf stamina working in their favour. In the end Baekhyun’s team had won, it wasn’t like he would let the game end until he did anyway –yet he was practically growling when Taemin gave Chanyeol a rather long congratulatory hug. They hadn’t had such an intense game in a long time. Kyungsoo, Yixing and Kai headed to the kitchen to make dinner while the rest of them showered.

“Hey Soo, I think by tomorrow you’ll be fine without your wheelchair.” Yixing told the omega who sat at the table with his chin in his hand. He couldn’t exactly cook so he sat there and told the other two what they should do.

The omega perked up, “Really?” that got him excited, not being able to walk was torturous.

Yixing nodded, “Kai can also get rid of his crutches.”

“Finally,” the alpha boy said happily.

“You still can’t put too much strain on it though!” the doctor warned, he already gave Kai a good scolding about how dangerous it was to put that much strain on a weak leg and if he did anything like that again, Yixing wouldn’t be able to guarantee a perfect recovery.

Kai just waved the elder off, “I understand, I understand. I’ll behave as long as someone doesn’t run off again.” Kyungsoo blushed bright red as he understood that ‘someone’ meant the omega himself.

“ off,” the boy groaned. Causing the other two males to laugh.

They continued on with dinner preparations and slowly the rest of the boys trickled into the kitchen to help, or to the living room to wait. Kris and Tao came down together, Tao’s usual darker skin completely red and Kris had a smirk plastered on his face.

“Well,” Taemin chuckled as he eyed the couple, “Seems like someone got an early start on dinner.”

Kyungsoo dropped the spoons he was placing on the table. “Oh, Ew!” Jongdae and Luhan groaned loudly. Yixing, Suho and Taemin laughed as they watched the boys. Both Baekhyun and Kai had a disgusted looks on their faces while Chanyeol fake gagged. Sehun grimaced and shook his head with an exhausted sigh.

Tao looked mortified before he hid himself in Kris’ chest. The Alpha shrugged and led his lover to the dinner table.

“Couldn’t you have ignored them,” Baekhyun groaned with glare.

 “Oh come on,” Taemin laughed, swinging an arm around the little beta, “I bet this isn’t the first time.”

“It’s not!” Baekhyun growled, swatting Taemin’s arm away. “We’d just rather ignore our Alpha’s life thank you very much.”

This just seemed to make Taemin grin. Once again he swung an arm around Baekhyun’s shoulders but before Baekhyun could get a chance to push him off, Taemin leaned close and whispered into Baekhyun’s ear. Suddenly, the boy’s face turned beet red and Taemin pulled away laughing.

“hey, What’d you say to Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asked as he glanced worriedly over at a still red and frozen Baekhyun.

“Hm?” Taemin smiled, glancing back at the smaller beta as well. He shrugged and gave Chanyeol an innocent look, “I told him how, with that cute loud voice `of his, and you serving him, he’d be able to announce when he was receiving an early dinner to everyone himself.”

“What?” Chanyeol looked at the Taemin in confusion. What did that even mean?

Taemin gave the boy a pat on the back. “Don’t worry about it big guy,” he reassured him.

He walked into the kitchen just as he heard Kyungsoo ask someone to wake Minseok up for dinner.

His devious smile reappeared on his lips, this pack was so much fun.

 

Dinner was awkward…again. Kyungsoo glanced at the others at the table. When he had asked for someone to go get Minseok for dinner, Taemin had popped up and said that Jongdae should do it. Kyungsoo had been surprised but wary, staying that maybe Sehun or Luhan do it instead. The omega wasn’t sure why his Hyung seemed so strange these days, but he guessed it might have something to do with Jongdae.

But Taemin heard nothing of it, even when Jongdae himself said that Kyungsoo was right –but not providing an explanation as to why- Taemin still insisted. Finally Kris put an end to their bickering. Ordering Jongdae to just go since he was Minseok’s roommate anyway.

Kyungsoo didn’t miss the deadly glare that Jongdae shot at Taemin before he went upstairs.

When the two came back down, he noticed the tension between them. Heck everyone noticed the tension, but not one said a thing. Jongdae looked uncomfortable and a tad bit angry while Minseok’s face was unreadable.

Not to mention Tao, who was still horrified from earlier, and Baekhyun who hadn’t said a word since Taemin had apparently whispered something to the boy –and although Kyungsoo would usually be glad for the boy shutting up, this time he was worried.

So yea, dinner was awkward.

 

 

 

“You do know everyone in the house is feeling wary of you, right?”

Kyungsoo spun around and spotted Jongin leaning against their doorframe, his eyes mildly amused. It was just after breakfast and Yixing had finally given him the crutches, the omega had been playing with them, swinging them around and finding it oddly entertaining.

“What?” the small male asked confused, “Why?” He ignored the embarrassment he felt from being caught.

“Well besides the usual?” Jongin chuckled at Kyungsoo’s glare, “You now have two very large crutches in your grasp. Call them, weapons of convenience if you want.”

Kyungsoo grinned, he liked the name. “I take that Baekhyun is the most worried?” That earned him an eye roll from the alpha but he noticed that there was no disagreement. Kyungsoo smiled, “Good.” He nodded happily.

“How are you able to scare everyone in this mighty pack when you’re just a little thing,” Jongin wondered aloud.

Kyungsoo immediately glared at the younger boy. “Call me little again and see what happens Jongin,” he threatened lowly. Jongin stared at him for a bit before scoffing and muttering something that sounded like ‘amazing’ under his breath. He then watched as Jongin began to walk towards him. “You’re too evil to be an omega,” the alpha stated.

Kyungsoo took a small step back, “What?” He asked in confusion, eyes widening when Jongin suddenly got way to close, bending down to match eye levels with the shorter male. Then in a blink of an eye, Jongin dipped down to the junction between Kyungsoo’s jaw and neck. The omega didn’t dare move as the alpha’s scent filled him and all his concentration was on the alpha’s presence beside him. He could feel Jongin as the boy took a deep breath as well, taking in the sweet omega scent. But just as quickly as he bent down, he was back to eye level with the omega. His eyes brighter than ever, with a hint of mischief that Kyungsoo recognized.

He watched as Jongin’s mouth twisted into a tantalizing smirk that made the omega’s knees go weak. “Yea,” the alpha hummed, “definitely an omega,” he breathed out, his own sweet breath fanning over Kyungsoo and the omega found himself shiver involuntarily.

The alpha found warmth and joy, looking at the omega’s wide eyes and tense stance and all he could think about was how cute the omega looked, and just how much he wanted to see more. But then there was a flash in his eyes and the alpha straightened up; as if he just realized he did something he shouldn’t have. He spun around and left.

Leaving the omega confused and with an erratic heart.

 

 

It was just after lunch when Kris gathered everyone in the living room. He had something to announce but winced when he heard their loud shrieking. He began to regret his decision and considered just taking Tao back to their room. Unfortunately, they were running low on groceries and Temin said he needed some things. “We’re going into the city.” Kris announced with a sigh. “We need to get some supplies and some other things so…” Then The Alpha paused and sighed again, there was no point in finishing his sentence when the rest of the boys were no longer listening. He knew it was going to be like this. It was always like this. They were all excited the moment they heard they’d be going into the city. He ran his hand over his face, it was like taking children on a field trip every. Damn. Time.  “Yah!” he yelled in his deep alpha voice, effectively getting their attention. “We’re going now because Kai and Kyungsoo are all better but I swear to god, each and every one of you had better ing behave yourself and not cause some goddamn trouble or none of you bastards will be able to ing mate, do you understand?”

The other boys stayed silent for a moment, watching their Alpha. But then Baekhyun shoot up screaming, “ YES NEW CLOTHES” and suddenly the others jumped up as well, getting ready for a day in the city.

Kris just groaned, something was going to go terribly wrong, he just ing knew it.

 

Kai had climbed into the jeep’s back seat and looked around in awe. It was his first time inside a vehicle. He’d only ever seen them in the city during his occasional visits. And as far as he knew, packs didn’t have things like this, they proved to be too difficult to take care of in the middle of the forest. However, according to Sehun, they all bought so much it was easier to have a car to carry it all back. Apparently they earned so much from the jobs they got, that they had no need to hold back on their spending. Kai looked out the window and watched as the boys, one at a time, changed into their wolf forms. Some jumped around a bit anxiously as they waited for the order. Kris hadn’t changed yet, he stood before the pack of wolves in his human form and lectured them with a quite colorful vocabulary that Kai could make out from inside the car.  “He’s doesn’t seem too happy,” the young alpha commented aloud.

Yixing, who sat in the passenger seat laughed. “Kris’ always anxious when we all go into the city. He gives a lot of rules, and well, you know how some of them are with rules.”

That, Kai understood well. “So what’s the routine on these trips?” he curiously asked. His eyes following Kyungsoo as the elder spoke to Kris, Suho and Minseok, they were the only ones left in human form. Suho nodded and pated Kris’s shoulder before heading to the car with Kyungsoo and Minseok behind him. He watched as The Alpha walked towards the other boys, shifting on his way. Changed into his full form, which was pretty impressive now that Kai got a good look at him. The Alpha gave a sharp bark and raced off, the rest of the pack giving barks in return before taking off, following close behind.

“Well, first we figure out who’s taking the car, and whose running. Suho usually ends up driving anyway. Those who are running have to change back to human form 10 miles before the end of the forest, safety reasons and such. Since we have the car we tend to just meet them at the outskirts of the city. Then we’ll split up, do what we want and be back at the forest entrance before dark.”

Kai looked at the elder, surprised. “That’s it?” he expected more rules. But Yixing just nodded, “Besides the obvious, ‘Don’t be stupid’, that’s it.”

“What ‘cha guys talking about?” Kyungsoo asked as he opened the door and climbed into the middle seat beside Kai; Minseok following and sitting on the other side of the omega.

“I was explaining how our trips usually work,” Yixing explained, smiling at Suho when The Beta slide into the driver’s seat.

Suho buckled his seat belt and turned back to the alpha, “Excited? It’ll be you’re first trip with us into the city.”

“I think ‘worried’ is a better word” Minseok provided.

“or ’Scared’?” Kyungsoo suggested with a shrug.

Kai looked at them with a wry smile, “I guessing I should be both?”

The four boys looked at each other before nodding, “definitely.” 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~