In heat

Please Don't Go

“GEGE” Tao’s loud voice filled the cottage as he ran into the living room full of 10 other boys. All either watching TV  or talking with one another.  All eyes turned to look at the younger as he appeared, but they all knew who he was really calling.

“What’s wrong?” Kris asks softly, he slipped his arms around the younger man as he plopped himself into his mates lap, pouting. Kris was the Alpha of their pack, the sternest and most intimidating wolf, his height helped a lot as well. He had started the pack with Suho, Chanyeol, Chen, and Sehun. All born in same pack but circumstances had them start a pack of their own. Yixing, Xiumin, and Baekhyun joined them soon after.

“You have to go hunting again.” Tao told him, then glared at Chanyeol and Baekhyun who were grinning happily on the couch. “Those THINGS ate the last of our recent kill!!” Tao was the newest member. He stumbled across Kris' pack when he had injured himself from falling off a small cliff. Lucky for him, Yixing had taken care of the boys injuries.

“And it was De~licious!” Baekhyun sang, mocking Tao. Tao, in return, gave Baekhyun a look that could kill, but the elder didn’t think much of it; copying Tao and giving a fake glare back. Baekhyun lived to annoy Tao and everyone knew it. Ever since Tao joined, Baekhyun adored messing with the younger, he always thought it was because he loved when people paid atention to him and Tao certainly gave him the best reactions.

Kris sighed and looked over at the two boys, who were snickering without a sign of regret on their faces. He gave them his I’m-the-alpha-male-here-and-your-messing-with-my-mate-so-shut-it-before-you-die glare, successfully shutting them up and turned back to his lover. “Tao, don’t be mean,” he chides. “And it doesn’t matter. We’ve been meaning to hunt again anyway.” He got up, pulling Tao with him. “Relax. We’ll go now okay?” It was sad but the intimidating Alpha male was pretty whipped and everyone knew it. Kris didn’t mind too much as long as his lover was happy –and not a soul mentioned it in his presence. The younger squealed happily and threw his arms around his handsome mate.

Chuckling, Kris turned to the others –most who have jumped up happily, excited to go on a hunt. “Who’s staying with the omegas?” Kris never really liked to use names when he addressed both boys. He was proud of the fact that he had not one, but two omegas in his pack. Omegas were rare to have- there was probably one born every couple of blue moons. In addition, they were well sought out and prized because they were small, cute, had good sense, attentive, and pretty much made the perfect mate. So everyone knew how ecstatic and proud Kris was to have Kyungsoo AND Luhan part of his pack. Hell, he probably would’ve mated with one of them if he hadn’t fallen in love with Tao- but he was glad he did.

Everyone knew how proud he was, so it surprised them when Luhan let out a low growl. “Names, you stupid idioTIC GIANT INCONSIDERATE ALPHA!” he snapped. “Use. NAMES.” Luhan was also one of the newer members, arriving just a year before Tao. He was usually happy; smiling and playing jokes. Usually.

Kris looked surprised at Luhan’s comment, raising a brow. “Relax pup,” he said amusedly as he held up his hands, Luhan looked more like a growling puppy than the threatening wolf he was trying to be.

But the nickname just infuriated Luhan even further. He jumped up looking ready to rip out the Alpha’s throat, “I’m OLDER then you! YOU LITTLE PIECE OF-“

“OOOookay!” Kyungsoo cried, pulling the elder back down. “Calm down Luhan.” Luhan just growled in response, turning his attention to a poor pillow.

The other boys look worriedly at the usually happy elder. “Kyungsoo…?” Chen says uncertainly, taking a few steps back. Kyungsoo had come right before Luhan and immediately had taken the mother role. not that he had a choice, Suho at housework. Baekhyun had found him and had become his best friend in a matter of minutes once Baekhyun figured out that Kyungsoo was harder to annoy.

The second omega just sighed, “Relax, guys. He’s just close. You know how he can get.”

Kris raised a brow, “Yea, but he’s not usually this mad… “He visibly winced as he watched Luhan rip and tear; pillow fluff beginning to surround the honey blonde boy. “Or violent.”

Kyungsoo shook his head, “He’s getting older Kris… He needs a mate.” He said the last part softly. Hoping the male would be too preoccupied with the pillow to pay any attention. However, Luhan heard him perfectly.

“I DON’T NEED A MATE” Luhan screamed, eyes wide. Kyungsoo saw the emotion quickly flash in them; fear, anxiety and anger blaze before they all disappeared. The elder crossed his arms and began to sulk. “I don’t want one!” He repeated.

“Luhan hyung,” Sehun –the youngest and the one who usually controlled Luhan the best- took a step in his direction. Luhan immediately scrambled behind Kyungsoo and pointed at the youngest.

“YOU. STAY BACK!”

“Luhan-“

“No!! Back!!”

"Come on Hyung-"

"I ORDER YOU TO STAY BACK."

"you order me?" Dominance suddenly emitted from the young alpha, making Luhan shirnk back and whimper.

Yixing hit the back of Sehun's head and the pheremones stopped pouring out, then the elder looked at everyone, “I think we should just go.” Suho nodded in agreement and took ahold of his mates hand, “so who’s staying with Luhan and Kyungsoo?”

Sehun turned away from the elder and sighed, “I will. I’m the only one who can handle him.”

“I’m staying too!” Baekhyun jumped. “I just bought new clothes, like hell I’m gonna risk getting them dirty.”

Chanyeol chuckled, “Isn’t that your excuse every time.”

The smaller glared down at his friend, “Shut up giant.” Making the taller grin, he ruffled Baekhyun’s hair as he stood up, “Whatever you say shorty.” He winked, effectively making the smaller blush.

Xiumin shook his head and turned to Kyungsoo, “I just wish they would and mate already. It’s getting disgusting.” He wrinkled his nose in disgust. Chen, who was next to them, faked a gag. Xiumin was probably the only one who was actually normal in the pack. Despite his adorable looks he was fierce and almost as Strong as Kris, Suho and Yixing.

Kyungsoo laughed and nodded in agreement. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were obviously perfect. But it seemed like one still had to make the first move- which meant noticeable around them.

Kris turned to his mate, “Are you staying too?” he asked, even though he already knew the answer. Tao nodded his head, earning a smile from the Alpha male. He gave Tao a quick peck on the lips and turned to the rest. “Okay, let’s go then,” he announced, walking out through the door. The rest followed, yelling quick ‘byes’ and ‘watch over the omegas’ to those inside.

The entire time, up until they had all left, Luhan was grumbling and pouting -looking like he might rip someone’s head off.

“What’s wrong Luhan-ge?” Tao asked as he sat next to the elder. Sehun had taken a seat on the couch- playing randomly on Chanyeol’s guitar. While, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun had ended up cleaning the mess that Luhan had made with the pillow fluff.

“They don’t think Kyungsoo and I can take care of ourselves.” Luhan complained, lips beginning to tremble.

Kyungsoo chuckled, “But they’re right though hyung. You and I can barely handle ourselves alone.” That was a fact that Kyungsoo knew well, having first-hand experience.

“but I ca~n” Luhan whined.

“We’re Omega’s Luhan, that’s not what we’re built for.” Kyungsoo argues. He was getting exhausted with Luhan’s whining. Every time he was about to enter heat, his hormones would go crazy. Kyungsoo knew that they would be more under control if Luhan had a mate to take care of his ‘urges’ but the elder was insistent on not getting one.

Luhan scoffed, "that's right... we're built to ."

Everyone froze.

“Luhan…” Kyungsoo warned. Tao, Baekhyun and Sehun looked between both omegas cautiously, becoming a bit frightened with the conversation.

“That’s what they keep omegas around for anyway, you know and I know it. what else are we good for?”

“Luhan.”

He just laughed “That’s why every pack wants one. During our Heat we can’t turn them away! We just let them us-“

“LUHAN.” Kyungsoo yelled. He knew he had to stop him before Luhan said anything he would regret.

Luhan instantly snapped out of his little rant, disgust taking over his features before shock came as he quickly looked at Sehun on the couch –who was a bit paler than usual but no clear emotion on his face- Immediately Luhan burst into tears and ran to the kitchen.

Kyungsoo sighed and turned to the three boys- Sehun’s eyes were glued to the kitchen where the elder had ran into. “Sorry you guys had to hear Luhan talk like that. He’s just… sensitive, you guys understand.” He sighed again.

All three nod. “It’s okay. Luhan looks like he’s having a tough time.” Baekhyun said quietly.

Kyungsoo nodded, it was getting harder and harder for Luhan to control himself and since going into heat wasn’t like getting drunk- Luhan would remember everything.

“It’ll be fine once Luhan goes into heat and his pheromones take over the hormones. He’ll be preoccupied and-“Kyungsoo suddenly froze before his eyes widened as he caught a scent in the air, “. Sehun!” And that’s all he had to say before the youngest shot out of his seat and ran to the kitchen where the crying had noticeably ceased.

“Hyung?” Tao anxiously said. His eyes looked back towards the kitchen entryway where Sehun quickly emerged with Luhan lying in his arms, squirming and whining -heat visibly taking over his insides. The heat building up inside before it would explode within the poor omega.

“Take him to the heat room Sehun, and make sure to lock the door.” Kyungsoo knew it was a matter of time before Luhan would fully enter heat. The younger nodded without a word and went off with Luhan. Kyungsoo looked back to Tao, “Sorry Tao, I’m just more… sensitive to the pheromones so I noticed them before Luhan actually went into heat… which he should be entering any minute.”

“He’s getting more unpredictable Soo.” Baekhyun said lowly.

“I know Baek, we all know he needs a mate before it’s too late.” Kyungsoo ran a hand through his black hair. It was dangerous for an omega to go so long without a mate. Typically Omegas began going into heat by age 16, most mated by 18. Some waited until they were 20, but it usually never took that long for an alpha to claim them. Luhan was already 24. Not having a mate at his age was a bit unheard of, but Kyungsoo had heard stories. Not that Kyungsoo was much better. He himself was 20, but he still had more time compared to Luhan. Typically if an Omega didn’t mate while they were still young their pheromones would get stronger and stronger. Attracting others… and an unmated omega with strong pheromones would attract BIG trouble. This could mean kidnappings… or an attack on the pack. Kyungsoo never believed that old tale - That was until he noticed that indeed Luhan’s pheromones were getting stronger every time the elder entered heat.

Tao sighed and crossed his arms, “Everyone knows Sehun is perfect for him. Why won’t he mate with him…?”

Kyungsoo shook his head, “You know why Tao. Luhan is scared.”

Baekhyun bit his lip, “I get that Luhan doesn’t want anyone but you and Tao to know about his past… but wouldn’t it help if he just explained it to Sehun as well. We all know how much the two are prefect for each other.” Tao nodded in agreement, it did sound like a good idea.

Kyungsoo also agreed and although that would be the best choice, Luhan was a bit stubborn. Truthfully more than anything he would love for Luhan to accept Sehun. It was obvious the young Alpha had strong feelings for the omega, everyone noticed the small smiles and soft glances that Sehun spared in Luhan’s direction. Even the omega himself knew that Sehun cared for him- maybe not in the romantic sense, but he did notice enough to understand that Sehun always looked out for him. It was obvious enough to everyone, but Kyungsoo noticed that Luhan would block out any signs that were seen as romantic interest. He denied that Sehun could calm him down because he liked him; instead saying that he could calm him down because he was a “calming type of person”. 

Sehun came back a little bit later, his blonde hair sticking in all directions and shirt half ripped off.

“Sehun..? wha-“ Tao started to ask but Sehun held up a hand and shook his head.

“H-he can be so ing scary. O-one second he’s CRYING asking why I help him so much. Next minute h-he’s pulling my hair and screaming that it was MY fault.” He ran a hand through his hair, shuddering at the thought. He turned to Kyungsoo, “What the hell did I do?”

Havonmg had the tension broken by the lost looking Sehun, Baekhyun burst into laughter. Even Kyungsoo stifled a laugh while Tao joined Baekhyun and laughed loudly.

“Nothing Sehun, YOU didn’t do anything.” Kyungsoo told him, chuckling.

“Yea but your BODY did,” Baekhyun cackled as he did a dramatic body roll before collapsing onto Tao as they both burst into another fit of laughter.

Sehun’s face flushed red as he realized just what they meant. Poor boy hadn’t got out fast enough and had been caught when Luhan transitioned into heat.

“I-I’m going to g-go change…” Sehun stuttered as he awkwardly spun around and went off to his room. Kyungsoo, Baekhyun and Tao all burst into another fit of stomach clenching laughter. Even when the boy returned.

 

By night fall the four boys were lazing around. Knowing the rest would return soon, they watched a movie but kept their ears on alert for a familiar howl.

Baekhyun suddenly flopped on the floor, “They're taking foreeevvvvveeeerrrr.” He whined. “I’m hungry!!”

“You don’t HAVE to eat only the kill Baekhyun hyung,” Tao told him warningly. As if to remind him about the situation that morning.

Kyungsoo cracked his knuckles threateningly, “Was the lunch I made not good enough for you Baek?”

The elder turned away from making a face at Tao to look at the omega wide-eyed. “No, No Soo! How could I not love the food you, of all people, make! You’re like the best omega cook ever!” he knew better than to insult his friends cooking –he learnt that the hard way.

Kyungsoo’s expression was still dark, Tao smirking triumphantly next to him, “So why are you asking for more food?”

“Kyungsoo!” Baekhyun cried as he backed up slowly, knowing he’d have to run. “Come on-“

 

AWOOOOOOOO

 

All four boys froze as they listened to Suho's distinctive howl not too far away.

“That doesn’t sound like the normal call,” Tao said slowly, a bit confused.

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo looked at each other with knowing eyes. “.” Sehun swore, lowly.

“That’s because it’s not.” Kyungsoo replied before jumping up into action. Baekhyun and Sehun following.

“Tao! Move the couch to the side!” Baekhyun yelled, motioning for Sehun to start pushing the TV to the corner.

The young boy gave a confused look, “wha-“                                                  

“Just do what we say! Questions later!” Kyungsoo called out, running out of the room and only to return seconds later with a large white first aid kit.

“Sehun go grab some towels and lay some on the ground!” Kyungsoo ordered, taking the water bottles that Baekhyun had retrieved. “Thanks Baek, can you go wet some towels in a bucket?”

Baekhyun nodded but gave Kyungsoo a look before leaving the room, “You don’t think… Chanyeol’s seriously hurt… do you? I-I mean, usually he’s the one who gives the call” he asked softly. Fear slowly showing in his features. Kyungsoo smiled softly, he clearly cared about Chanyeol even if he refused to say it. “They’re all some of the Strongest wolves out here –I doubt anything serious happened to them.”

Baekhyun nodded before going off. Just as everything was set up, the front door slammed open; Suho and Yixing burst through.

“Kyungsoo!” Yixing called immediately.

“Everything’s already done.” The younger reported. Yixing nodded and smiled in relief. “Thank you.” He quickly went to wash and disinfect himself.

Before anyone got a chance to ask what happened Joonmyun looked over at Sehun and Tao. “Xiumin and Chen are bringing in the kills but they're a bit big. Go out and help.” The two youngest nodded and went out without questions. Kyungsoo noticed Baekhyun pale when Chanyeol’s name wasn’t mentioned.

“Joonmyun.” Kyungsoo called. A question underlying his voice.

“I’ll explain after, but we found one of our kind going up against two black bears. Whatever the hell was he thinking, I don’t know. But he’s injured. Chanyeol and Kris should be here any second –he’s a big alpha.”  Baekhyun sighed in relief just as the said boys came through the door.

Kris ran in followed by Chanyeol who was quite bloodied up, but from the smell of it, it wasn’t his blood he was covered in.

Kyungsoo’s eyes went to the male in his arms. He wasn’t able to see his features but he looked to be about his age. His skin was sun-kissed to a pretty bronze (he thinks, it was hard to tell with all the red). Yixing came back at the same second and ordered Chanyeol to lay the boy on the towels.

“Kyungsoo, start cleaning the wounds on his arms and face.” Yixing ordered while he ripped the male’s shirt off and went through the first aid kit for the necessary supplies. Kyungsoo grabbed a few of the many towels Baekhyun had brought in, he handed one to Baekhyun himself –motioning towards Chanyeol’s direction. Although he was covered in blood Kyungsoo noticed a gash on the giants arm but it seemed like no one else saw it.

Baekhyun frowned worriedly and went over to Chanyeol. “Your arm, what the hell happened?” he asked as he wiped at blood away from Chanyeol’s cheek first, then moved on to the gash.

The Giant hissed as the water made contact. “I was the one who found him,” he explains –a bit pleased at the worry that laced Baekhyun’s features.

Kris rolled his eyes, “which meant he didn’t even wait for the rest of us to arrive. Just went on to try and save the boy himself against two bears. Earning himself that.”

Chanyeol yelped as the smaller hit his arm, “You’re lucky they only got flesh!! What if you got seriously hurt Chanyeol!! Are you an idiot?!!” Baekhyun cried.

Chanyeol smiled sheepishly and opened his mouth. However, Baekhyun beat him to it and held up his hand. “You know what, don’t answer.” He continued tending to the younger with (rough) care, but Chanyeol still grinned. Enjoying the attention he was getting from the elder.

Kyungsoo chuckled as he continued to wipe away all the blood and dirt on the mystery boy’s body. Those two really were perfect, he’d have to tell Xiumin when he came back. Till then Kyungsoo continuously assisted Yixing. The Chinese boy had a knack for medicine, apparently learning it from his grandparents. The moment that was known, he was made their official doctor, making sure everyone’s health –especially the omegas- were in top shape. Kyungsoo became his little apprentice. Having an omega eye, he could spot little details that even an alpha wouldn’t be able too (He was really proud of that fact too).

Kyungsoo began to notice the young male’s features, he did in fact have bronze skin, and his lips were positively thick. To say the least, this guys was hot. However Kyungsoo pushed all thoughts aside as Yixing stitched the boy up and by the end the boy had been cleaned up of blood but Yixing was now covered in it.

“The bleedings stopped, he's safe,” Lay grinned, getting up. Suho smiled and brushed Yixings bangs to the side, “Good job.” He said to his lover, kissing the top of his head –which was the only place not covered in red.

“Thank you,” he returned a loving smile back. He then turned to the rest of them, “I THINK im going to have to get myself cleaned up. Kyungsoo? Can you handle it from here?”

Kyungsoo laughed and nodded, “Go and get clean. Luckily im still fine.” Yixing laughed and turned to his mate, “wanna help me get clean?” he smiled – but there was a glint in his eyes that Kyungsoo would’ve preferred to not have seen. Omega eyes really do have their unfortunate downsides.

Once the two were gone Kyungsoo got to work cleaning the mess. Putting the first aid kit away, cleaning everything that had been bloodied up and thrown out what wasn’t needed anymore.

“Kris, can you help me move him?”

Kris nodded and go up from the couch. “Should we move him to the extra room next to Chanyeol?” Baekhyun asked, having long ago finished bandaging Chanyeol up and was helping Kyungsoo clean the towels.

Kris lifted the boy with ease, “Yea, we’ll do that, it’s probably easier. Kyungsoo, do you mind taking care of him?”

Kyungsoo nodded, “No problem!”

“But you’re not allowed to be with him alone.” Kris then stated as he walked up the stairs. The smaller males jaw dropped as he trailed after him, “W-why??”

“Because Kyunggie," Chen said coming up behind him with Xiumin, Tao, and Sehun following. “He’s unknown to us. We don’t know anything about little alpha here. What about his pack? Is he dangerous? Why was he going up against two bears? We don’t know.”

Xiumin wrapped an arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulders, “Sorry Soo but Chens right. It’d be safer if you had Kris, Sehun, or Chanyeol with you. You know, an Alpha against an Alpha.”

Kyungsoo sighed, knowing that they were right, but he didn’t get the dangerous vide from the boy. “Alright, I understand.” He told them, he knew it would make them feel better too.

Kris smiled and ruffled Kyungsoo’s hair, “Good. Now where’s Luhan? We have to explain it to him too.”

Sehun scoffed while Tao laughed. The rest looked at the two in confusion. Kyungsoo chuckled looking at Sehuns blushing face. “Luhan transitioned a little while after you all left. He kinda… went haywire on Sehunnie here.”

“Hyung is ing scary,” Sehun muttered walking out the door and into his room to avoid any questions.

Kris chuckled, “Kinda expected that, well that’s good then. He’ll be safe in the heat room. Okay, so I guess everyone can go eat now.”

Everyone nodded as they trailed out the door, cheering for their meat.  “I don’t think this guy will be waking up tonight. So we can just come back tomorrow morning ok Soo?” Kris said, putting a hand on the smallers shoulder.

Kyungsoo nodded and made his way out the door, but not before taking a last glance at the handsome sleeping male.